Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 91810 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:29 - Sep 3 with 1069 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:30 - Sep 3 by Scotia

The major issue is that most of our polititicians are utter clowns. I hold out some hope for Starmer but we have to suffer four more years of Johnson or Sunak first.

It is no better in Cardiff - there is no clear alternative to the inedpt Drakeford. I quite like Jeremy Miles assuming Labour form a government after May, but who else could be in that government? But is there an alternative to Labour?

Adam Price is terrible under pressure and Plaid Cymru are stagnant in the polls at best, if Kirsty Williams is the best that the Lib Dems can can up with then they are obviously dead in the water too. Paul Davies and Roger Mellie are no option for the Tories.

I may be spoiling myballot paper at this rate.

Plaid have the more able team.

Adam Price and Leanne Wood might not be your cup of tea, but they both clearly demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.

Rhun and Delyth Jewell are both very capable.
Plus the excellent liz Saville-roberts with Hywel and Ben Lake.

I think dreadful Johnson, idiotic Brexit and poor handling of Covid will result in Plaid winning in 2021. Just.

The Libdems and Tory party are both dead in Wales.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:33 - Sep 3 with 1071 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:15 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

Boot lickers to England.
A foreign power.

Welsh people never voted to join the UK.

Weslh people voted to leave the EU too but you'd overturn that, wouldn't you? It has obviously escpaed your attention but if we were in the EU as an independent country we would be in exactly the same position as we are in the UK, except we would be under the thrall of Germany and France who currently dominate there. You would rather kowtow to Germany and France though because you hate England. How is the EU not a foreign power? Which part of it is Welsh?

I wonder, does anybody know or can provide a link to just how much money the EU has given to already rich landowners?
Isn't it true that the EU was paying rich landowners to not grow any crops?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:43 - Sep 3 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:33 - Sep 3 by Catullus

Weslh people voted to leave the EU too but you'd overturn that, wouldn't you? It has obviously escpaed your attention but if we were in the EU as an independent country we would be in exactly the same position as we are in the UK, except we would be under the thrall of Germany and France who currently dominate there. You would rather kowtow to Germany and France though because you hate England. How is the EU not a foreign power? Which part of it is Welsh?

I wonder, does anybody know or can provide a link to just how much money the EU has given to already rich landowners?
Isn't it true that the EU was paying rich landowners to not grow any crops?

The UK govt has spent money on Brexit, Trident, illegal wars and overseen the covid disaster.

The 2 unions are very different.
Westminster was and is imposed.
The EU is far more modern. It respects smaller nations.

Ireland - top table on EU side of Brexit.
Wales and Scotland - entirely ignored by UK govt.
Surely you can see the difference ?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:54 - Sep 3 with 1054 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:29 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Plaid have the more able team.

Adam Price and Leanne Wood might not be your cup of tea, but they both clearly demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.

Rhun and Delyth Jewell are both very capable.
Plus the excellent liz Saville-roberts with Hywel and Ben Lake.

I think dreadful Johnson, idiotic Brexit and poor handling of Covid will result in Plaid winning in 2021. Just.

The Libdems and Tory party are both dead in Wales.

The Tory party are anything but dead - just 9 months ago they gained 6 seats in the general election in Wales. Plaid stood still on seat numbers but lost ground on vote share.

A lot of that is just wishful thinking.

I can see the Starmer effect rubbing of on Labour in Wales come May and the best Plaid can hope for is part of a coalition.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:03 - Sep 3 with 1053 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:43 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

The UK govt has spent money on Brexit, Trident, illegal wars and overseen the covid disaster.

We voted for Brexit, you know, a democratic mandate which they have to spend money on. You can hardly call covid a disaster, no government in living memory has had to deal with a pandemic and in truth, I don't think devolution made it any easier. The illegal wars, now which government was that, ah yes, Labour. As for Trident, I agree it should be scrapped but Labour wouldn't scrap it either.

When you say Ireland is at the top table, do they havea rep at the brexit negotiations then? I didn't realise.
You say Wales and Scotland are ignored but brexit is not a devolved matter and at least the UK government is made up of properly elected people, that is elected by the people not simply chosen by other politicians.

How is Westminster imposed? We elect our MP's and in doing so we give Westminster the mandate. Do we have soldiers or armed police on the streets forcing us to obey?

PS, yes the EU is very modern, it has broken it's own rules to get what it wants, it's corrupt and there's nothing modern in that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 1029 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:03 - Sep 3 by Catullus

We voted for Brexit, you know, a democratic mandate which they have to spend money on. You can hardly call covid a disaster, no government in living memory has had to deal with a pandemic and in truth, I don't think devolution made it any easier. The illegal wars, now which government was that, ah yes, Labour. As for Trident, I agree it should be scrapped but Labour wouldn't scrap it either.

When you say Ireland is at the top table, do they havea rep at the brexit negotiations then? I didn't realise.
You say Wales and Scotland are ignored but brexit is not a devolved matter and at least the UK government is made up of properly elected people, that is elected by the people not simply chosen by other politicians.

How is Westminster imposed? We elect our MP's and in doing so we give Westminster the mandate. Do we have soldiers or armed police on the streets forcing us to obey?

PS, yes the EU is very modern, it has broken it's own rules to get what it wants, it's corrupt and there's nothing modern in that.

Head and wall come to mind

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:43 - Sep 3 with 1024 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:40 - Sep 3 by Andy1300

Head and wall come to mind

Might knock some sense into you ...😎

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:51 - Sep 3 with 1007 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:13 - Sep 3 by exhmrc1

Scotland has different rules to Wales and has more matters devolved so possibly this has been devolved. The Air Bridges brought in by Johnson applies to Wales as it is not an area that Wales has control over. Read back on the other thread. Scotia actually said that. If you dont understand what devolution is then it just shows how ignorant you are and why you continually post false information. Health and Education are devolved matters. Border security isnt. Wales doesnt have its own border force.

The UK government is responsible for all border issues including immigration and customs. Anybody coming into Wales or England passes through UK border controls. Johnson sets border policy and has decided not to have quarantine from certain countries but have Air Bridges instead. You might notice if you look back on the other thread that I have been saying these Air Bridges were wrong whilst Scotia has been backing them. Vaughan Gething cannot impose quarantine. This has to be Boris Johnson.

So explain this then you daft Pratt.

The clowns in Cardiff have no idea what they are doing.

In February, we booked to go to Portugal in 3 weeks.

Current U.K. advice is that it’s fine to travel, now we have 2 choices, go and quarantine upon return, the clowns wouldn’t know if we did or didn’t based on current form.

We fly into Bristol so I may just go and stick 2 fingers up to dopey drakeford

This needs to be a U.K. wide decision.

So now, people like myself, who booked in February have a choice to go or lose our money as there is no travel ban in force!

Edited to add... they are doing this because of the large number of cases coming from Greece.

Last time I checked, Portugal was nowhere near or part of Greece.

Just proves how stupid they are.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-quarantine-greece-isla
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 20:00]

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:53 - Sep 3 with 1006 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:43 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Try it then

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:19 - Sep 3 with 993 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:51 - Sep 3 by Andy1300

So explain this then you daft Pratt.

The clowns in Cardiff have no idea what they are doing.

In February, we booked to go to Portugal in 3 weeks.

Current U.K. advice is that it’s fine to travel, now we have 2 choices, go and quarantine upon return, the clowns wouldn’t know if we did or didn’t based on current form.

We fly into Bristol so I may just go and stick 2 fingers up to dopey drakeford

This needs to be a U.K. wide decision.

So now, people like myself, who booked in February have a choice to go or lose our money as there is no travel ban in force!

Edited to add... they are doing this because of the large number of cases coming from Greece.

Last time I checked, Portugal was nowhere near or part of Greece.

Just proves how stupid they are.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-quarantine-greece-isla
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 20:00]

This is the list of Air Corridors in use in Wales and is the list set by Johnson's government
Countries and territories which are exempted or were previously exempted as at 28 August 2020
Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Andorra (removed from 23:59 hours Thursday 6 August)
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Aruba (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
Australia
Austria (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 22 August)
Barbados
Belgium (removed from 23:59 hours Thursday 6 August)
Bermuda
Bonaire, St Eustatius and Saba
British Antarctic Territory
British Indian Ocean Territory
British Virgin Islands
Brunei (added from 23:59 hours Thursday 6 August)
Cayman Islands
Channel Islands
Croatia (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 22 August)
Cuba (added from 04:00 hours Saturday 29 August)
Curaçao
Cyprus
Czech Republic (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 29 August)
Denmark
Dominica
Estonia (added on Friday 31 July)
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
Finland
France (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
French Polynesia
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
the Isle of Man
Italy
Jamaica (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 29 August)
Japan
Latvia (added on Friday 31 July)
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg (removed on Friday 31 July)
Macao (Macau)
Malaysia (added from 23:59 hours Thursday 6 August)
Malta (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
Mauritius
Monaco (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
Montserrat
The Netherlands (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Norway
Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
Poland
Portugal (added from 04:00 hours Saturday 22 August)
Reunion
San Marino
Serbia (removed on Saturday 11 July)
Seychelles
Singapore (added from 04:00 hours Saturday 29 August)
Slovakia (added on Friday 31 July)
Slovenia (added on Friday 31 July)
South Korea
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Spain (removed on Sunday 26 July)
St Barthélemy
St Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Pierre and Miquelon
St Vincent and the Grenadines (added on Friday 31 July)
Switzerland (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 29 August)
Taiwan
Trinidad and Tobago (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 22 August)
Turkey
Turks and Caicos (removed from 04:00 hours Saturday 15 August)
Vatican City State
Vietnam

Scotland has a different list. Border Force which covers Immigration and Customs areas in Wales and England deals with all arrivals into Welsh or English airports or ports. Wherever you arrive it is the UK Border Force that decides whether you can enter or not. Drakeford has no say in it. He can only act once you are in Wales.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:53 - Sep 3 with 963 viewsNotLoyal

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:19 - Sep 3 by exhmrc1

This is the list of Air Corridors in use in Wales and is the list set by Johnson's government
Countries and territories which are exempted or were previously exempted as at 28 August 2020
Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Barbados
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Channel Islands
Curaçao
Cyprus
Denmark
Dominica
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
Finland
French Polynesia
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
the Isle of Man
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Macao (Macau)
Mauritius
Montserrat
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Reunion
San Marino
Seychelles
South Korea
St Barthélemy
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Pierre and Miquelon
Taiwan
Turkey
Vatican City State
Vietnam

Scotland has a different list. Border Force which covers Immigration and Customs areas in Wales and England deals with all arrivals into Welsh or English airports or ports. Wherever you arrive it is the UK Border Force that decides whether you can enter or not. Drakeford has no say in it. He can only act once you are in Wales.

You should post more.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:31 - Sep 3 with 946 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:53 - Sep 3 by NotLoyal

You should post more.

The problem is Scotland historically has a different legal system to England and Wales. It has a different court system using Scottish judges. Our legal system is basically the English system using the same law system like High Court, County, Crown and Magistrates Court whereas Scotland uses their own system and judges. Similarly education is totally different. We use the English system of A levels and GCSEs but Scotland uses Higher and Lowers. Their results come out earlier and they have a school year that starts in August instead of September.

Wales has certain issues devolved to it like Health and Education but Border Control and Defence for example it is the uk government who are responsible. It is the UK government that is responsible for forms being completed. The senydd can only act on the information it is provided with.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:35 - Sep 3 with 943 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:19 - Sep 3 by exhmrc1

Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Barbados
Bermuda
British Virgin Islands
Cayman Islands
Channel Islands
Curaçao
Cyprus
Denmark
Dominica
Falkland Islands
Faroe Islands
Fiji
Finland
French Polynesia
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Greenland
Grenada
Guadeloupe
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
the Isle of Man
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Macao (Macau)
Mauritius
Montserrat
New Caledonia
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Reunion
San Marino
Seychelles
South Korea
St Barthélemy
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Pierre and Miquelon
Taiwan
Turkey
Vatican City State
Vietnam

You previously stated the following,

Vaughan Gething cannot impose quarantine. This has to be Boris Johnson.

How come people travelling to Wales from Portugal now have to quarantine from Friday, yet people travelling to England don’t?

This applies if you fly into Cardiff or an airport in England.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:20 - Sep 3 with 943 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:35 - Sep 3 by Andy1300

You previously stated the following,

Vaughan Gething cannot impose quarantine. This has to be Boris Johnson.

How come people travelling to Wales from Portugal now have to quarantine from Friday, yet people travelling to England don’t?

This applies if you fly into Cardiff or an airport in England.

They are not imposing quarantine. Only the UK government can do that. What they are doing is using the health powers they have for people in Wales to self isolate. It isnt quarantine. This is the same rules they use for anyone living in Wales. If you are suspected of having coronavirus or been in contact with anyone who has had it you have to self isolate for 14 days. That applies to anyone who has been in contact with it here.

It is an effort to protect us all but you with all your previous comments dont want that. You are more than happy to see people be very ill or die. You oppose ALL coronavirus law whether it be here or England.

The UK government has been operating an air bridges policy whereby if you return from a country where the rate is under 20 cases per 100000 residents then there is no need to quarantine. Portugal has been over this so wasn't included in it. The rate dropped there so they decided to included it in the Air Bridges but since then the rate has gone back above the 20 level so under their own rules so they should reimpose quarantine but have decided not to. Perhaps you can explain why the Johnson government yet again are not following their own rules.

The problem is in Wales coronavirus had dropped really low and 2 weeks ago Wales had about 3 cases per 100,000. This is almost 1/7 of the figure Johnson thinks is ok for Air Bridges. Our rate recently has more than doubled to 7 and what has been established is that there has been several cases of covid being brought back here from abroad. Also PHW have evidence that a lack of social distancing particularly in St Mary's Street in Cardiff has been another factor.

For these reasons they are attempting to put a hold on further increases in order to prevent serious illness and death.

Thankfully the policies adopted here by Drakeford and Co have been successful in reducing the number of cases in hospital and people dying. In the last week in Wales thankfully only 1 person has died.

Public Health Wales figures show that as of 30 August there were 31 people in hospital compared to 900 several weeks ago. There may be others with covid related illnesses but these are the most up to date figures.

Whatever you think of Drakeford what cannot be questioned is that his policies have led to a reduction in cases and deaths. Last month there were 15 days with no deaths in Wales yet England has deaths every day.

However all the efforts of the health authorities are reliant on public support which has been very good. However there have been cases recently where people filled the flight records with false names and telephone numbers and have been avoiding answering calls. This makes their job much harder and means people cannot be traced so it will lead to more cases. As there has been a jump in cases recently this will lead to more serious illnesses and deaths in due course.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:03 - Sep 4 with 903 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:20 - Sep 3 by exhmrc1

They are not imposing quarantine. Only the UK government can do that. What they are doing is using the health powers they have for people in Wales to self isolate. It isnt quarantine. This is the same rules they use for anyone living in Wales. If you are suspected of having coronavirus or been in contact with anyone who has had it you have to self isolate for 14 days. That applies to anyone who has been in contact with it here.

It is an effort to protect us all but you with all your previous comments dont want that. You are more than happy to see people be very ill or die. You oppose ALL coronavirus law whether it be here or England.

The UK government has been operating an air bridges policy whereby if you return from a country where the rate is under 20 cases per 100000 residents then there is no need to quarantine. Portugal has been over this so wasn't included in it. The rate dropped there so they decided to included it in the Air Bridges but since then the rate has gone back above the 20 level so under their own rules so they should reimpose quarantine but have decided not to. Perhaps you can explain why the Johnson government yet again are not following their own rules.

The problem is in Wales coronavirus had dropped really low and 2 weeks ago Wales had about 3 cases per 100,000. This is almost 1/7 of the figure Johnson thinks is ok for Air Bridges. Our rate recently has more than doubled to 7 and what has been established is that there has been several cases of covid being brought back here from abroad. Also PHW have evidence that a lack of social distancing particularly in St Mary's Street in Cardiff has been another factor.

For these reasons they are attempting to put a hold on further increases in order to prevent serious illness and death.

Thankfully the policies adopted here by Drakeford and Co have been successful in reducing the number of cases in hospital and people dying. In the last week in Wales thankfully only 1 person has died.

Public Health Wales figures show that as of 30 August there were 31 people in hospital compared to 900 several weeks ago. There may be others with covid related illnesses but these are the most up to date figures.

Whatever you think of Drakeford what cannot be questioned is that his policies have led to a reduction in cases and deaths. Last month there were 15 days with no deaths in Wales yet England has deaths every day.

However all the efforts of the health authorities are reliant on public support which has been very good. However there have been cases recently where people filled the flight records with false names and telephone numbers and have been avoiding answering calls. This makes their job much harder and means people cannot be traced so it will lead to more cases. As there has been a jump in cases recently this will lead to more serious illnesses and deaths in due course.

Cases, cases, cases!

Increased, targeted testing will find more cases!

Simple as that.

It’s time to get the country back to how it was!

There are more people dying of flu now than covid!

Regarding quarantine, you may want to educate the journalists who write in the press!,

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:55 - Sep 4 with 887 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:03 - Sep 4 by Andy1300

Cases, cases, cases!

Increased, targeted testing will find more cases!

Simple as that.

It’s time to get the country back to how it was!

There are more people dying of flu now than covid!

Regarding quarantine, you may want to educate the journalists who write in the press!,

More targeted testing will find more cases, but there is no denying that the virus is circulating more widely. So it isn't just that simple. It is inevitable once we move out of lockdown we have to strike a balance betweeen opening up and controlling the virus.

We are a long way from getting the country back to as it was, probably years away - personally I think now that schools are open we are probably past our limit

Less people are dying because most people with the virus are young. Let's hope they don't spread it to their older relatives, and it's not about deaths it's about how many people get very ill and put pressure on resources.

This is the most worrying thing i've seen today:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/principality-stadium-starts

Regarding quarantine - I don't really see the point of being different to England, although our targeted approach is correct. We have one airport whereas there are four in England relatively close to the border.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:42 - Sep 4 with 877 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:55 - Sep 4 by Scotia

More targeted testing will find more cases, but there is no denying that the virus is circulating more widely. So it isn't just that simple. It is inevitable once we move out of lockdown we have to strike a balance betweeen opening up and controlling the virus.

We are a long way from getting the country back to as it was, probably years away - personally I think now that schools are open we are probably past our limit

Less people are dying because most people with the virus are young. Let's hope they don't spread it to their older relatives, and it's not about deaths it's about how many people get very ill and put pressure on resources.

This is the most worrying thing i've seen today:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/principality-stadium-starts

Regarding quarantine - I don't really see the point of being different to England, although our targeted approach is correct. We have one airport whereas there are four in England relatively close to the border.

As for your last paragraph Vaughan Gething had been trying to get a 4 country agreement but the UK government would not agree to a meeting. Your right it should be a 4 country approach with all sticking to the evidence. It is incredibly difficult to achieve that when one decides not to go along with it and doesnt stick by the rules it set itself similar to the Cummings scenario. Johnson making decisions as he goes along has been at the heart of the separate approaches. He didnt agree to a meeting with Drakeford and I believe the other leaders from 28 May to the end of July.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:30 - Sep 4 with 862 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:42 - Sep 4 by exhmrc1

As for your last paragraph Vaughan Gething had been trying to get a 4 country agreement but the UK government would not agree to a meeting. Your right it should be a 4 country approach with all sticking to the evidence. It is incredibly difficult to achieve that when one decides not to go along with it and doesnt stick by the rules it set itself similar to the Cummings scenario. Johnson making decisions as he goes along has been at the heart of the separate approaches. He didnt agree to a meeting with Drakeford and I believe the other leaders from 28 May to the end of July.

This is the most up to date information on the virus in Portugal and is above the 20 recommended to be taken off the Air Bridges list but the UK government decided not to follow its rules but Scotland and Wales have followed them.

There were 23 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in Portugal in the seven days to Wednesday, up from 15.3 a week earlier.

A seven-day rate of 20 is a threshold above which the UK Government has considered triggering quarantine conditions.

The Government was also under pressure to reimpose quarantine rules on arrivals from Greece after Scotland and Wales introduced restrictions in recent days.

The UK government clearly didnt want the embarrassment of removing Portugal from the Air Bridges list on the day they were meant to be brought into it.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 10:31]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:28 - Sep 4 with 838 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:30 - Sep 4 by exhmrc1

This is the most up to date information on the virus in Portugal and is above the 20 recommended to be taken off the Air Bridges list but the UK government decided not to follow its rules but Scotland and Wales have followed them.

There were 23 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people in Portugal in the seven days to Wednesday, up from 15.3 a week earlier.

A seven-day rate of 20 is a threshold above which the UK Government has considered triggering quarantine conditions.

The Government was also under pressure to reimpose quarantine rules on arrivals from Greece after Scotland and Wales introduced restrictions in recent days.

The UK government clearly didnt want the embarrassment of removing Portugal from the Air Bridges list on the day they were meant to be brought into it.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 10:31]

To be honest, it’s not much of an issue having so few infections, just get the country open before we don’t have anything left

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:31 - Sep 4 with 825 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:43 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

EU undemocratic
UK democratic
Can you not see the difference ?

People of UK including Wales voted to leave EU

can you not see the difference?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:32 - Sep 4 with 824 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:43 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

Sadly still deluded.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 825 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:28 - Sep 4 by Andy1300

To be honest, it’s not much of an issue having so few infections, just get the country open before we don’t have anything left

It is an issue. The virus spreads and you get more and more cases. Just look at what is happening in England. Eventually older people catch it and then the deaths start increasing and it is nothing to do with big cities or Ethnicity. Exeter and Bath and North Somerset have been showing larger increases and they are extremely white small cities. Caerphilly and Bridgend in Wales. It needs to be acted upon before the amounts increase and we end back in lockdown.

There are large areas in England currently in intervention. Wales needs to act to prevent that happening widely here.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:54 - Sep 4 with 824 viewsCatullus

What is the difference between having to self isolate for 2 weeks and having to self quarantine for 2 weeks?
Gething didn't blame Westminster for having bad information, he said it was down to people provoding deliberatley misleading information.
Did they give the travel agent the wrong contact details, did they use false passports? Just how did they mislead the Senedd to the point they couldn't be contacted?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Sep 4 with 821 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:54 - Sep 4 by Catullus

What is the difference between having to self isolate for 2 weeks and having to self quarantine for 2 weeks?
Gething didn't blame Westminster for having bad information, he said it was down to people provoding deliberatley misleading information.
Did they give the travel agent the wrong contact details, did they use false passports? Just how did they mislead the Senedd to the point they couldn't be contacted?

The misleading information was provided by members of the public filling in forms on their return flight as i understand it. There were people who had used David Beckham as their name and used false telephone numbers. The checking of this information is a matter for the Border Agency which answers to the UK government not the Senydd. This information has caused delays in track and trace contacting them and was believed to be an effort of some younger people to avoid being contacted. It has happened in England as well as Wales and is out of control of the Senydd.

There has been cases in Plymouth and Marlow amongst others.

Health issues are a matter for the Senydd. Immigration and customs is a matter for the UK government and that applies to Wales as well as England
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:39 - Sep 4 with 819 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:28 - Sep 4 by exhmrc1

The misleading information was provided by members of the public filling in forms on their return flight as i understand it. There were people who had used David Beckham as their name and used false telephone numbers. The checking of this information is a matter for the Border Agency which answers to the UK government not the Senydd. This information has caused delays in track and trace contacting them and was believed to be an effort of some younger people to avoid being contacted. It has happened in England as well as Wales and is out of control of the Senydd.

There has been cases in Plymouth and Marlow amongst others.

Health issues are a matter for the Senydd. Immigration and customs is a matter for the UK government and that applies to Wales as well as England

Yes but you said Wales didn't have the power to do something which Wales is doing. That was the gist of my post, call it self isolation or quarantine but it's the same thing really and here in Wales people returning have to do it when people returning to England they don't.

https://www.google.com/search?q=quarantine+meaning&rlz=1CAEAQE_enGB899&oq=quaran

https://www.google.com/search?q=isolation+meaning&rlz=1CAEAQE_enGB899&oq=isolati

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024