Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96108 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:01 - Dec 9 with 1541 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Everyone must be relieved by Drakeford's statement today that he has not lost control of the spread of the virus. This is despite Wales recording its highest daily total of new cases 2238.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:11 - Dec 9 with 1539 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:01 - Dec 9 by felixstowe_jack

Everyone must be relieved by Drakeford's statement today that he has not lost control of the spread of the virus. This is despite Wales recording its highest daily total of new cases 2238.

Why is he waiting to close the schools ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:16 - Dec 9 with 1520 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:11 - Dec 9 by Boundy

Why is he waiting to close the schools ?

He does not make any decisions without scientific evidence.

Today's figures
Cases per 100,000 last seven days
Wales 318
Ni 156
England 151
Scotland 99

Total cases per 100,000
Wales 2982
Ni 2971
England 2690
Scotland 1873
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:32]

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 21:16 - Dec 9 with 1479 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:01 - Dec 9 by felixstowe_jack

Yes, he says he hasn't lost control while they admitted the numbers ra ealready above the worst case scenario predictions.

How bad does it have to get? I read that a few schools in Swansea have closed entirely and several others are down to 1 or 2 year groups. A school in Neath has also closed.

Drakeford is dithering again. He's allowing the virus to spread through schools and then when all those kids hug/kiss their grandparents at their Christmas bubble....well we'll see. Lets hope people break a habit and turn sensible. Though, given his recent statement, Drakeford is going to blame the people anyway, or possibly Bojo, maybe both, no matter what!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:45 - Dec 11 with 1430 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford announces schools will close this afternoon. Headteachers complain of lack of notice for parents to make child care arrangements. Drakeford is beginning to panic now and he lost control of the virus in Wales. Lockdown probable after Christmas.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:39 - Dec 11 with 1397 viewsAndy1300

All outdoor attractions to close from Monday then.

There I was thinking it was safer outside.

The guy is a joke and needs stringing up.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:03 - Dec 11 with 1382 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:45 - Dec 11 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford announces schools will close this afternoon. Headteachers complain of lack of notice for parents to make child care arrangements. Drakeford is beginning to panic now and he lost control of the virus in Wales. Lockdown probable after Christmas.

Primaries now closing early too but it's too late.

I watched todays briefing and he just sounded so drippy, again asking people to consider what they should do and not TELLING them what they should do, refusing to legislate because people will just break the rules anyway. It's really poor.

When asked a brexit question he sounded quite fired up when criticisng Bojo though.

They're talking about a lockdown after Christmas when we need one before. I'm banging that same drum again but we need at least a month of stricter rules. The R rate this afternoon was given as what, 1.27 and the stats make bad reading,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643

I'm glad the schools have gone to home learning, my wife has had her first vaccine dose and works from home 3 days per week. We have done all our Christmas shooping including having food deliveries on order to see us through into new year. As of today we are pretty much in a full family lockdown. I'll only need to visit the local corner shop for bread and milk otherwise the only place I'll be going is the local park to walk the dog and for my own fresh air and exercise.
If the Senedd won't tell people not to get together that's their choice, we are putting upthe shutters and telling the world to F off. I just hope none of us already have the virus and we'll know in 10 days or so.

Stay safe everyone, do what you gotta do.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 00:09 - Dec 12 with 1377 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:03 - Dec 11 by Catullus

Primaries now closing early too but it's too late.

I watched todays briefing and he just sounded so drippy, again asking people to consider what they should do and not TELLING them what they should do, refusing to legislate because people will just break the rules anyway. It's really poor.

When asked a brexit question he sounded quite fired up when criticisng Bojo though.

They're talking about a lockdown after Christmas when we need one before. I'm banging that same drum again but we need at least a month of stricter rules. The R rate this afternoon was given as what, 1.27 and the stats make bad reading,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643

I'm glad the schools have gone to home learning, my wife has had her first vaccine dose and works from home 3 days per week. We have done all our Christmas shooping including having food deliveries on order to see us through into new year. As of today we are pretty much in a full family lockdown. I'll only need to visit the local corner shop for bread and milk otherwise the only place I'll be going is the local park to walk the dog and for my own fresh air and exercise.
If the Senedd won't tell people not to get together that's their choice, we are putting upthe shutters and telling the world to F off. I just hope none of us already have the virus and we'll know in 10 days or so.

Stay safe everyone, do what you gotta do.

Johnson, not BoJo.

You know the rules.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 00:15 - Dec 12 with 1376 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 00:09 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson, not BoJo.

You know the rules.

What are you on about?

No, apparently I don't!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:21 - Dec 12 with 1350 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 00:15 - Dec 12 by Catullus

What are you on about?

No, apparently I don't!

We are not bound by EU rules any longer you can call them what you like.

Dithering Drakeford.

Guessing Gething.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:55 - Dec 12 with 1324 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:21 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

We are not bound by EU rules any longer you can call them what you like.

Dithering Drakeford.

Guessing Gething.

Born guessing

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:05 - Dec 13 with 1278 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Never seen so many anti Drakeford and Gething post as there are today on Facebook.

New cases in Wales today are so bad the Welsh government has not published them. Cases in last 7 days per 100,000 is now 425 that is twice the rate at the start of the two week lockdown. Still Drakeford claims it was a success and it is the fault of the Welsh people for not following his orders.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:25 - Dec 14 with 1233 viewsDr_Winston

Can't be much doubt now that the Welsh Govt have made a pigs arse of the entire situation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:09 - Dec 14 with 1224 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:25 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

Can't be much doubt now that the Welsh Govt have made a pigs arse of the entire situation.

Amateurs pretending they know how to run a country

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:11 - Dec 15 with 1184 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 23:05 - Dec 13 by felixstowe_jack

Never seen so many anti Drakeford and Gething post as there are today on Facebook.

New cases in Wales today are so bad the Welsh government has not published them. Cases in last 7 days per 100,000 is now 425 that is twice the rate at the start of the two week lockdown. Still Drakeford claims it was a success and it is the fault of the Welsh people for not following his orders.

They weren't orders though, he was just suggesting/asking nicely. Today Gething is saying the Senedd's "expectation" is that schools will resume face to face lessons after Christmas. It's almost as if they refuse to see where we are heading.

The cases are rising fast, hospitals are stopping elective surgery, schools closed because of the spread and they won't (or haven't yet) change tack on the Christmas bubble, early in the new year we could be in a disaster zone!

I saw Sadiq Khan on tv earlier calling Bojo out on school closures, he said what people on here said, they closed down everything but schools and now we can see it was spreading in schools. Khan has told London schools to shut and Bojo is talking about legal action. Khan was rightly annoyed that businesses were closed when they weren't the main cause of spread yet schools are still open and spreading the virus quickly.

If a conspiracy theorist said it was a political plan to kill off elderly and sick people to "save the NHS" and a good few quid in pensions and benefits I reckon quite a few would believe it. Following the science it is not.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:41 - Dec 15 with 1154 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Today's figures

Cases per 100,000 last 7 days
Wales 423
(subject to adjustment as the Welsh database is having trouble did not record any cases on Sunday)
Ni 184
England 161
Scotland 106

Total cases per 100,000
Wales 3263
Ni 3122
England 2875

Total deaths per 100,000

Wales 123
England 115
Scotland 107
Ni 78

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:54 - Dec 16 with 1105 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The whole of Wales locked down after Christmas even the low infection rate areas . Does Drakeford have any idea.
Lockdown starts 28th December but non essential shops shit 26th December.
You are free to cross the border into England on the 26th and 27th to take advantage of the boxing day sales in England. Another nail in dithering Drakeford and guessing Gething political careers.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:53 - Dec 16 with 1086 viewsAndy1300

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:54 - Dec 16 by felixstowe_jack

The whole of Wales locked down after Christmas even the low infection rate areas . Does Drakeford have any idea.
Lockdown starts 28th December but non essential shops shit 26th December.
You are free to cross the border into England on the 26th and 27th to take advantage of the boxing day sales in England. Another nail in dithering Drakeford and guessing Gething political careers.

Yet again it makes no sense.

They are clowns in that big top in the bay

Number 1 team in Wales

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:26 - Dec 17 with 1051 viewsfelixstowe_jack

With the inclusion of the missing and or unrecorded cases today, Wales will now overtake the otal number of cases in Scotland despite only having just over 60% of Scotland's population.

Wales deserves better than dithering Drakeford and guessing Gething.

If only there were two better candidates among the other 27 labour Assembly members.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 1030 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:26 - Dec 17 by felixstowe_jack

With the inclusion of the missing and or unrecorded cases today, Wales will now overtake the otal number of cases in Scotland despite only having just over 60% of Scotland's population.

Wales deserves better than dithering Drakeford and guessing Gething.

If only there were two better candidates among the other 27 labour Assembly members.

What was it Drakeford said yesterday, most people don't discriminate between guidleines and the rules.
Well if that's true then make it the rule, not a guidline. Those who were always going to break the rules will, those who were going to follow the rules will but maybe those in between will behave more sensibly.

Telling people the rules say one thing but the guidlines are more stringent, people will follow the rules.
Asking people to do the minimum they are allowed, not the maximum is never going to work.
Like I said yesterday, they don't want to be the Grinch that steals Christmas but afterwards they will be lining up to tell us it's our fault.

Your supposed to be our leader Drakeford so lead or get out and let someone in who will. Leanne Wood sounds like a much better choice right now, she wouldn't be messing about in my opinion. She'd be shouting at the tv and leaving no uncertainty or ambiguity.
Nicola Sturgeon has made the rules stricter too. She's telling people have ONE day and no overnight visits unless absolutely unavoidable. Drakers will be blaming the people and Bojo after this, no doubt.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:32 - Dec 17 with 1017 viewsjohnlangy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:37 - Dec 17 by Catullus

What was it Drakeford said yesterday, most people don't discriminate between guidleines and the rules.
Well if that's true then make it the rule, not a guidline. Those who were always going to break the rules will, those who were going to follow the rules will but maybe those in between will behave more sensibly.

Telling people the rules say one thing but the guidlines are more stringent, people will follow the rules.
Asking people to do the minimum they are allowed, not the maximum is never going to work.
Like I said yesterday, they don't want to be the Grinch that steals Christmas but afterwards they will be lining up to tell us it's our fault.

Your supposed to be our leader Drakeford so lead or get out and let someone in who will. Leanne Wood sounds like a much better choice right now, she wouldn't be messing about in my opinion. She'd be shouting at the tv and leaving no uncertainty or ambiguity.
Nicola Sturgeon has made the rules stricter too. She's telling people have ONE day and no overnight visits unless absolutely unavoidable. Drakers will be blaming the people and Bojo after this, no doubt.

'It will now be illegal for more than two households in Wales to get together over Christmas.'

That's pretty unambiguous.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:51 - Dec 17 with 1000 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:32 - Dec 17 by johnlangy

'It will now be illegal for more than two households in Wales to get together over Christmas.'

Two households plus one person from a single household, or is it two from a single household ?

What is the difference between a tier 3 in England and a tier 4 in Wales.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:41 - Dec 17 with 980 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:32 - Dec 17 by johnlangy

Yes, unambiguous, 2 households plus somebody from another household, so 3 housholds. There's no limit on the number from the 2 households so people with big families could have over a 10-12 in. No danger there. Even a normal sized household could be 3 or 4 so 8 or 9 people. Much safer eh.

I suppose at least the politicians saw some kind of sense but still, they have made a pigs ear of things.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:43 - Dec 18 with 936 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like the senedd are going to give themselves a 2.4% pay increase as a reward for their efforts controlling the virus.

This despite inflation being around 0.5%.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 13:44]

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:52 - Dec 18 with 928 viewsswan65split

Worth every penny!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55349985
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024