Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did you pick your photograph 03:13 - Jun 5 with 8580 viewsGlyn1

I've always been curious about why people choose their particular photograph to go with their posts. And why some people don't put any photo up.

Even if you're choosing one of your own photos, you're making a decision about whether to post one from when you were younger or as you are today, and that's interesting.

Lord Bony's was of Peter Cushing, and I've no idea why, Darran for example posted a photo of him that would have been a great icon.

Mine is simple enough, I grew up in Gowerton and that's an Irish Water Spaniel (the largest of the spaniels) that reminds me of long, hot summers and splashing around in rivers.

So Karnataka, Lohengrin and everyone else, what's the story behind the photo? And I've always wondered why Lohengrin's pic is Godfrey from Dad's Army.
https://spartacus-educational.com/FWWridleyA.htm
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 3:19]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Why did you pick your photograph on 13:06 - Jun 6 with 1266 viewsLohengrin

Why did you pick your photograph on 13:02 - Jun 6 by MrSwerve

Blimey, didn’t realise that was Arnold Ridley in your pic.

Would you recommend the book, Loh?

I enjoyed it, if enjoy is the right verb to use. He seemed haunted by his experiences on the Somme and it was a dark shadow that stalked him all his life.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why did you pick your photograph on 14:51 - Jun 6 with 1203 viewsGreatBritton

Why did you pick your photograph on 14:15 - Jun 5 by karnataka

The woman in my picture is my favourite vocalist, Sharon den Adel who fronts my favourite band, Dutch rockers, Within Temptation. By a country mile, she also happens to be the most stunning woman I've ever actually met and talked to.

Well colour me stupid! I thought that was Blondie, only with dark hair obviously.
Why did you pick your photograph on 14:59 - Jun 6 with 1193 viewsGreatBritton

My avatar is a portrait of a man with a very limited, insular and bleak outlook who also wrote some of the tenderest lines of poetry known to man. We shared a certain type of childhood. 'Unspent' in the man's own words. He also talked of 'time torn off unused' which gives me the heeby jeebies every time I recall the phrase.
Why did you pick your photograph on 21:39 - Jun 6 with 1142 viewskarnataka

Why did you pick your photograph on 14:51 - Jun 6 by GreatBritton

Well colour me stupid! I thought that was Blondie, only with dark hair obviously.

Hmmmm, don't see the Debbie Harry likeness at all myself tbh. (BTW, pedant alert, she never went by the name of Blondie, that was the name of her band)

I know yours is Philip Larkin but when I first saw it, I thought it was Eric Morcambe!
Why did you pick your photograph on 21:58 - Jun 6 with 1124 viewsmonmouth

Why did you pick your photograph on 14:51 - Jun 6 by GreatBritton

I thought Pego's was Baldrick. Should have gone to barnard.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why did you pick your photograph on 22:18 - Jun 6 with 1120 viewsThrasher6

Picture of George Best taking a corner at the Vetch along with an assortment of oddballs looking on from the sidelines. A time capsule....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Why did you pick your photograph on 22:28 - Jun 6 with 1094 viewsDr_Winston

Al Swearengen is one of the best characters in one of the best TV series of all time. Endlessly rewatchable and quotable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why did you pick your photograph on 07:15 - Jun 7 with 1028 viewskarnataka

Why did you pick your photograph on 22:28 - Jun 6 by Dr_Winston

Al Swearengen is one of the best characters in one of the best TV series of all time. Endlessly rewatchable and quotable.

Maybe so, but in real life he was most definitely a bit of a cvnt!
Login to get fewer ads

Why did you pick your photograph on 07:15 - Jun 7 with 1028 viewsepaul

Guess mines doesn't need any explanation..........

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Why did you pick your photograph on 07:25 - Jun 7 with 1017 viewsmonmouth

Why did you pick your photograph on 07:15 - Jun 7 by karnataka

Maybe so, but in real life he was most definitely a bit of a cvnt!

To be fair you didn't survive in them days if you weren't.

I doubt he had McShane's charm though, else he'd have been blowing Doris Day in the windy city, for sure.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024