Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon steps down from sporting director role 08:10 - Jun 13 with 8605 viewsMrSwerve

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/leon-britton-relinquishes-sporting-director-rol

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 17:14 - Jun 13 with 1648 viewsphact0rri

I agree the person who says he probably wasn't listen to. I like to think he dropped it because he's got something else lined up. But whatever it is he's given as much for the club as I could ever want. I wish him well.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 19:50 - Jun 13 with 1556 viewsplasjack

Leon was instrumental in our meteoric rise from the abyss of yesteryear and will be forever remembered as a true JB.
Leon steps down from sporting director role on 19:54 - Jun 13 with 1549 viewspatchboy

he has gone into property.
Leon steps down from sporting director role on 01:46 - Jun 14 with 1391 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 11:14 - Jun 13 by NotLoyal

He’s lucky he can afford it. A superb footballer who gained much from his time in Swansea, gave us all many memorable moments. His quality of life and that of his family is exceptional, and all down to his determination and effort. I don’t begrudge him a thing.

To be able to just stop working ( I use that phrase carefully ) and rely upon the millions he has earned from the Swansea community must be incredible. 99% of the area would love to do the same. I didn’t realise that half of the Swansea area is in poverty and using food banks. This isn’t Leon’s fault it’s a reflection on life today in Wales. The haves and have nots will always feature regardless of the times we live in. Through football, some players we have forgotten about in Swansea are set up for life. It’s the football system.

His contribution on the pitch is unquestionable. His time as an appeasement to the fans as sporting director was nothing more than that. An appeasement. It doesn’t surprise me he is walking away, he has probably learned much of the mindset of the majority owners during that time. His appointment was a joke in my opinion, nothing more.

My belief is that the iconic status people put these footballers in is pathetic, they are the same as all of us, but then I suppose a life of poverty requires some form of outlet to forget that you need to go cap in hand for tonight’s family meal. I see nothing from the players of Swansea giving anything back to the community, especially now when it is needed most. Some will say why should they ? Well, I say because these are the very people who made you and welcomed you to their city. Football is greedy, selfish and shockingly persuasive, even to the extent of Trevor Birch buying drinks for the fans and then he becomes a ‘good bloke’

No joint commitment from the club or the players from those who have millions set aside to do what Leon can do at his age has been made. Swansea are not a community club, they do not reflect the city or it’s people, they make no acknowledgement of the poverty that surrounds them. Not one player has formed any united front to support the area whatsoever.

I wish Leon well, I hope his life is enriched greatly for the time he spent at Swansea, and most of all I hope some day he and many others who can respond appropriately and in the right way. However, I doubt that very much.

Fantastic post - although the sad reality it that up to today he was probably still the best CM on our books
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 2:19]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 02:04 - Jun 14 with 1387 viewsDJack

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 19:54 - Jun 13 by patchboy

he has gone into property.

What, He's now a burglar!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 02:26 - Jun 14 with 1380 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Started watching the swans in 1985 - Leon will take some beating, the outstanding individual in all that time for me in terms of skill set, influence and importance. the fact he played in both the hull game and our successful stint in the premier Must have been as good for him as it was for us.

Sadly playing an unfashionable club probably hurt international opportunities but hopefully what he got back from us and the journey offset that.

Sad he’s left but understand. Hopefully we’ll see him again soon

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 05:46 - Jun 14 with 1360 viewsKilkennyjack

One of our best ever players.

I would much rather Leon be first team coach than Tate.
His reading of the game was second to none.
He was the Swansea way.

Sad to see him go, a genuine link between our Vetch days and the Premiership era.

He will be back one day soon.

Beware of the Risen People

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 08:32 - Jun 14 with 1297 viewsjack247

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 05:46 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

One of our best ever players.

I would much rather Leon be first team coach than Tate.
His reading of the game was second to none.
He was the Swansea way.

Sad to see him go, a genuine link between our Vetch days and the Premiership era.

He will be back one day soon.

Why would you rather Leon coach than Tate? I’d rather we employ the best realistic coaches, regardless of whether they’ve played for us or not.
Login to get fewer ads

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 09:01 - Jun 14 with 1272 viewsKilkennyjack

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 08:32 - Jun 14 by jack247

Why would you rather Leon coach than Tate? I’d rather we employ the best realistic coaches, regardless of whether they’ve played for us or not.

Well Tate has got on the first team bench this year from nowhere.
Contrast Toshack who at least had a winning record at age group levels.

Tate played , but Leon played the retain the ball Swansea Way.
If he passes on the coaching he received here then its huge positive.

Listening to Leon speak, i think he has what it takes.
I dont feel the same with Tate.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 09:32 - Jun 14 with 1245 viewsNortbankboy

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 17:08 - Jun 13 by Nortbankboy

Wales on line stirring the shyte as usual

One of our best players.
But being a great player don't mean he be a great coach.
Good luck to Leon
Leon steps down from sporting director role on 12:10 - Jun 14 with 1172 viewsBadlands

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 09:01 - Jun 14 by Kilkennyjack

Well Tate has got on the first team bench this year from nowhere.
Contrast Toshack who at least had a winning record at age group levels.

Tate played , but Leon played the retain the ball Swansea Way.
If he passes on the coaching he received here then its huge positive.

Listening to Leon speak, i think he has what it takes.
I dont feel the same with Tate.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Does Cooper want ball players? Not sure.
But Leon was given a taste of life in the dug and he sounded as if he really didn't like it.
The player I'd really like to see coaching based on experience, club heritage, application and professionalism would be Rangel and Routledge.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 12:30 - Jun 14 with 1164 viewsHighjack

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 02:04 - Jun 14 by DJack

What, He's now a burglar!

He’s so small he can fit through even the slightest open window.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 12:32 - Jun 14 with 1160 viewsNotLoyal

Leon steps down from sporting director role on 12:30 - Jun 14 by Highjack

He’s so small he can fit through even the slightest open window.

And the step he stepped down from was very very small.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024