Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such lovely people 22:13 - Jun 21 with 7417 viewsJack123

[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 22:15]

libera nos a malo

Such lovely people on 15:19 - Jun 22 with 1513 viewsjackrabbit

Such lovely people on 23:22 - Jun 21 by Swanjaxs

Nice bit of cut and paste fair play "matey"

Have a double Captain Morgan and get yourself off to bed 😀

Of course I copied and pasted it - that’s why I put it in quotes. Does that invalidate it?

Oh and I slept well - thanks for your concern. 😴
Such lovely people on 16:03 - Jun 22 with 1481 viewsJack123

I'm disgusted with myself for posting that last night.. I apologize, I feel sick about it, reading it through.

libera nos a malo

Such lovely people on 16:23 - Jun 22 with 1450 viewsFireboy2

Such lovely people on 16:03 - Jun 22 by Jack123

I'm disgusted with myself for posting that last night.. I apologize, I feel sick about it, reading it through.

It takes guts to publically apologise.

Well done
Such lovely people on 16:36 - Jun 22 with 1427 viewsSwanjaxs

Don't dwell on it mate.

Things said in the heat and all that.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Such lovely people on 19:02 - Jun 22 with 1381 viewsItchySphincter

Such lovely people on 14:17 - Jun 22 by JimmyGilligan

I wrote that, thinking he would read it, badly worded. I get it now and i've found the post, I didn't agree with 'you’ve managed to say what many on here have wanted to say for the last couple of weeks.' Which to me, sounded like he wanted to say it, because I certainly haven't. Its a line I haven't heard since the likes of Bernard Manning were famous, and In Sickness & In Health was on TV.

It's a disgrace this entire thread hasn't been deleted. The very first post is a video from a far right organisation. This is not the type of thing this forum should be displaying.

And round and round we go....

It’s a disgrace that this thread has been half deleted by moderating the OP.

Racists should not be allowed to hide behind moderators. This post, and all the others, should have been left up in their entirety so we can see exactly who we are.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Such lovely people on 19:04 - Jun 22 with 1379 viewsexiledclaseboy

Such lovely people on 19:02 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

Racists should not be allowed to hide behind moderators. This post, and all the others, should have been left up in their entirety so we can see exactly who we are.

That’s a fair point. I did the editing and I accept your view. I normally work on that basis to be honest but this time decided that telling black people to do what the OP told them to do was a bit beyond the pale. Your view is equally valid though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Tory leader

Such lovely people on 19:58 - Jun 22 with 1334 viewsItchySphincter

Such lovely people on 19:04 - Jun 22 by exiledclaseboy

That’s a fair point. I did the editing and I accept your view. I normally work on that basis to be honest but this time decided that telling black people to do what the OP told them to do was a bit beyond the pale. Your view is equally valid though.

This post has been edited by an administrator

It wasn’t really a critique of the moderating, although it obviously comes across that way - more a response to Monty’s call for the thread to be deleted.

Such lovely people on 20:00 - Jun 22 with 1322 viewsItchySphincter

Bullshit.

Login to get fewer ads

Such lovely people on 20:01 - Jun 22 with 1319 viewsDarran

Such lovely people on 19:58 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

It wasn’t really a critique of the moderating, although it obviously comes across that way - more a response to Monty’s call for the thread to be deleted.

Ignore Monty he’s fuçk all around here.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Such lovely people on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 1309 viewsItchySphincter

Such lovely people on 20:01 - Jun 22 by Darran

Ignore Monty he’s fuçk all around here.

Lol, it’s starting to look a bit like the old days, with an added pinch of bigotry!

Such lovely people on 20:04 - Jun 22 with 1304 viewsDarran

Such lovely people on 20:03 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

Lol, it’s starting to look a bit like the old days, with an added pinch of bigotry!

He loves it,prick.

Such lovely people on 20:06 - Jun 22 with 1302 viewsexiledclaseboy

Such lovely people on 20:00 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

Bullshit.

Again.

Poll: Tory leader

Such lovely people on 20:07 - Jun 22 with 1299 viewsDarran

The truth always comes out when you’re drunk.

Such lovely people on 20:15 - Jun 22 with 1281 viewsmonmouth

Such lovely people on 19:02 - Jun 22 by ItchySphincter

Don’t worry, come back in a few days and he’ll do it again. If this was anything to go by it’ll get even more eye-boggling.

He might as well have an apology and and a disclaimer as a sticky.. I don’t think he realises an apology only stacks up if you don’t keep doing the same thing over again a short time later.

As I said a long time ago, he’s not half the man that Jack247 is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Such lovely people on 21:13 - Jun 22 with 1223 viewsmonmouth

Such lovely people on 20:07 - Jun 22 by Darran

The truth always comes out when you’re drunk.

Mel Gibson was unavailable for comment

I’m going to stick up a bit for the OP a little on this. Who knows which is the ‘real’ us? Brain characteristics (‘us’) change with alcohol and drugs, or with a bang on the head. We are all a set of competing personalities and our ‘personalities’ can easily change. Plenty of evidence of that.

He needs to face up to his racist feelings though whether they exist when he’s sober or not. They certainly exist, Oh, no, now I’m in for it from the lawyers and the police...but I have met quite a few people in Swansea and elsewhere that peddle the ‘send them back’ line. Indeed I don’t think I’d particularly like to explore some of my relatives’ views in that regard. Education has a big part to play, and in terms of the truth of British (or more to the point, English) history I reckon it has failed dismally, prioritising rose tinted propaganda.

It’s certainly the most I got in Penlan, if even that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Such lovely people on 22:54 - Jun 22 with 1172 viewsraynor94

Such lovely people on 16:23 - Jun 22 by Fireboy2

It takes guts to publically apologise.

Well done

He apologized after his rant last weekend, words are cheap

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Such lovely people on 22:59 - Jun 22 with 1160 viewsFireboy2

Such lovely people on 22:54 - Jun 22 by raynor94

He apologized after his rant last weekend, words are cheap

Did he now, I must have missed that.

Well if he starts up again he wont get any sympathy from me.
Such lovely people on 14:34 - Jul 6 with 1014 viewschad

Such lovely people on 10:02 - Jun 22 by chad

I would not be so sure

I certainly read an article about statues in Africa to people who set up communities with money from selling slaves. It appears they are also very aware of their own citizens who facilitated the trade by abducting people and selling them as slaves. Deep divisions continue about marrying into such families.

On a side note It’s seems to say initially the people ‘bought’ from Africa were treated the same as indentured workers from the UK. Presumably that soon changed with no political support from their own country.

But it was indeed it seems primarily their own countrymen that abducted them and sold them on as chattels. It seems slavery was nothing new in Africa

Of course Drizz seems to see no merit in the work to stop the disguising trade some were involved in. Even the cotton workers in the North West who risked what little they had and faced starvation to stand in support of freeing the slaves whose hands were the last to touch the cotton they worked on. For anyone who has seen the cotton mill machinery in operation and understood how children were used to jump into the body of the moving machinery to fix cotton breaks etc. Will understand it was pretty awful for them too. As the miners throughout the UK etc. etc.

Fortunately our working conditions have improved, children no longer have to face mutilation darting in working machinery and the old black slave market was stopped. Although slavery continues, often women as domestic and sex slaves (nothing new from the history of women) and I would say largely white, largely driven by European slave traders. Perhaps that is most important to address.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 10:04]

OK was linked to the point I was making about people’s behaviour, but related thread now...

AFD said - Like their own people sold them in to slavery before the white man came along.

And FB2 replied - Im sure there are no statues of them in Africa 🤔

To which I responded with this post
Such lovely people on 14:41 - Jul 6 with 1003 viewschad

Such lovely people on 11:29 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

"Primarily their own countrymen that abducted them"

A myth perpetuated over and over by apologists of racism. 3 million slaves from West Africa were transported to British colonies by British ships, specifically engineered to carry human cargo.

To which Drizz replied this

Of course the bit from 3 million on is irrelevant to the point he is replying to, as no one disputes that, nor the atrocity of it.
Such lovely people on 16:31 - Jul 6 with 978 viewsWarwickHunt

Such lovely people on 20:15 - Jun 22 by monmouth

Don’t worry, come back in a few days and he’ll do it again. If this was anything to go by it’ll get even more eye-boggling.

He might as well have an apology and and a disclaimer as a sticky.. I don’t think he realises an apology only stacks up if you don’t keep doing the same thing over again a short time later.

As I said a long time ago, he’s not half the man that Jack247 is.

Such lovely people on 16:37 - Jul 6 with 975 viewslondonlisa2001

Such lovely people on 14:41 - Jul 6 by chad

To which Drizz replied this

Of course the bit from 3 million on is irrelevant to the point he is replying to, as no one disputes that, nor the atrocity of it.

It’s only irrelevant if you don’t understand what primarily means which is the word you used and he responded to.
Such lovely people on 23:53 - Jul 6 with 903 viewsDJack

Such lovely people on 16:31 - Jul 6 by WarwickHunt

It is sad to note that I totally missed the joke. I saw your response and re-read...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Such lovely people on 11:57 - Jul 7 with 846 viewsCatullus

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-08-20/willful-amnesia-how-africans-forgot-and-r

And yes, it seems there are statues to slave traders and owners in Africa,

https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2012/01/ethiopian-emperors-and-slavery/#:~:text=73.),o

Is it not fair to ask why Portugal doesn't seem to have had such a large response with BLM when they were in the slave trade over 100 years before England?

http://abolition.e2bn.org/slavery_45.html#:~:text=Estimates%2C%20based%20on%20re

There's a lot more to slavery than what the English/UK did, we are not the only guilty party,

http://ldhi.library.cofc.edu/exhibits/show/africanpassageslowcountryadapt/introd

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Such lovely people on 16:20 - Jul 7 with 824 viewsHighjack

There was a bloke on the news this morning, ginger fella called Harry with an American wife moaning about a lack of equality in the world. It didn’t say what they did for a living but they must be doing well, their house was massive.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Such lovely people on 18:16 - Jul 7 with 766 viewsDrizzy

Such lovely people on 11:57 - Jul 7 by Catullus

https://www.pri.org/stories/2019-08-20/willful-amnesia-how-africans-forgot-and-r

And yes, it seems there are statues to slave traders and owners in Africa,

https://blogs.loc.gov/law/2012/01/ethiopian-emperors-and-slavery/#:~:text=73.),o

Is it not fair to ask why Portugal doesn't seem to have had such a large response with BLM when they were in the slave trade over 100 years before England?

http://abolition.e2bn.org/slavery_45.html#:~:text=Estimates%2C%20based%20on%20re

There's a lot more to slavery than what the English/UK did, we are not the only guilty party,

http://ldhi.library.cofc.edu/exhibits/show/africanpassageslowcountryadapt/introd

Link 1

OK. I'm not sure how that's relevant to a discussion about racism in Britain in 2020.

Link 2

The black Portuguese population isn't as large proportionally as the UK. They still have their own problems with discrimination against people that arrived from their colonies in the 70s. Some of them don't have full citizenship and were housed in ghettos. Although they didn't try and deport them as we did with the Windrush generation. I don't know if their police force has the same history of racism as the Met. I don't think they imprison their black population at an absurd rate. 5000 people marched in Lisbon for BLM. It's about the equivalent of 80,000 people marching in London.

Link 3

Nobody's ever said that Britain was the only guilty party. Britain's role is of focus given that we're on the forum of a British football team where the vast majority of users are British discussing problems of racism in Britain.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024