Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is shite. 07:36 - Jul 10 with 2010 viewsHighjack

Even with them stopping the game for ten minutes and checking thoroughly with multiple camera angles, frame by frame replays and little lines and graphs they are still getting it wrong.

Get rid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53357841

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

VAR is shite. on 14:16 - Jul 10 with 1904 viewsCatullus

It's not the VAR that's shite, it's the idiots making the decisions.

I watched the games where all 3 penalty decisions were wrong and it was laughable. There was one decision against Spurs, I forget who it was but he took the ball to the edge of the area and was fouled, he hit the deck but the ball ended up in the net, goal disallowed for handball, the ref gave a goal kick. It's seriously bad call because at the very least, if you accept it was handball ti shoukd have been a free kick to Spurs, not a GK.

Who are the people making these decisions? What was even funnier was hearing someone descibe Michael Oliver the the best ref in the EPL, if he is the best then no wonder these rubbish decisions are happening because he was one the worst refs I have even seen at the Liberty, he makes Roger Milford look like a god!

PS, I didn't like Roger Milford either

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

VAR is shite. on 14:23 - Jul 10 with 1900 viewsLeonWasGod

VAR is shite. on 14:16 - Jul 10 by Catullus

I watched the games where all 3 penalty decisions were wrong and it was laughable. There was one decision against Spurs, I forget who it was but he took the ball to the edge of the area and was fouled, he hit the deck but the ball ended up in the net, goal disallowed for handball, the ref gave a goal kick. It's seriously bad call because at the very least, if you accept it was handball ti shoukd have been a free kick to Spurs, not a GK.

Who are the people making these decisions? What was even funnier was hearing someone descibe Michael Oliver the the best ref in the EPL, if he is the best then no wonder these rubbish decisions are happening because he was one the worst refs I have even seen at the Liberty, he makes Roger Milford look like a god!

Yep. An idiot getting it wrong on the pitch is still going to be an idiot getting it wrong on a screen.

Why is the standard of referees in football so variable? You get some really good ones, but some right plums too.
VAR is shite. on 15:02 - Jul 10 with 1880 viewsymaohyd

The whole point of Var surely is to eradicate some of the awful decisions that have affected football over the years e.g. at international level:

Joe Jordan's handball against us (Wales) at Anfield back in 1977
Thierry Henry's double handball against Ireland in the world cup play off final...and
Frank Lampard's goal for England against Germany at the world cup.

You can't have teams qualifying for world cups or being knocked out of world cups or miss out on the biggest prize's in domestic leagues due to obviously wrong decisions.

Football is too fluid compared to other sports to probably overuse VAR but just make sure the key decisions are got right 95% of the time, but even that is beyond those in authority. Since the return of football, the Spurs penalty last night and Sheff Utd's over the line goal against Villa not given......WTF are they doing, it is just unbelievable

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

VAR is shite. on 16:16 - Jul 10 with 1859 viewsswan65split

VAR is shite. on 14:16 - Jul 10 by Catullus

Are the idiots deliberately ruining it too see it scrapped?!
VAR is shite. on 16:39 - Jul 10 with 1851 viewsCatullus

VAR is shite. on 16:16 - Jul 10 by swan65split

Are the idiots deliberately ruining it too see it scrapped?!

That';s a good question because the VAR 'controversy' has certainly highlighted referees jobs and put them under closer scrutiny. Thing is, it has just shown us how useless they really are so maybe they do just want rid!

It didn't help when the handball rule was changed so that every handball was given if it led to or stopped a goal. Even so, I have seen several handballs waved on.

That Spurs decision again, surely if a player is fouled and it leads to him accidentally handballing they cancel each other out if the team of the fouled player gains an advantage? Spurs did nothing wrong and got punished twice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

VAR is shite. on 17:37 - Jul 10 with 1840 viewsHighjack

VAR is shite. on 14:23 - Jul 10 by LeonWasGod

Yep. An idiot getting it wrong on the pitch is still going to be an idiot getting it wrong on a screen.

Why is the standard of referees in football so variable? You get some really good ones, but some right plums too.

If the referees were of a higher standard then VAR would only be needed once in a blue moon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

VAR is shite. on 20:19 - Jul 10 with 1799 viewsBest_loser

VAR is here to stay, get over it
VAR is shite. on 15:46 - Jul 11 with 1702 viewsBadlands

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53367746

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024