Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Trust members 10:39 - Jul 28 with 14022 viewsswancity

care to provide an update regarding the (potential) case against Jenkins etc ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Any Trust members on 21:32 - Jul 28 with 1817 viewsswancity

Seems strange to walk away from it at a point where there’s unfinished business of such a critical nature. Especially after a members vote which was conclusive wasn’t it?

What a shambolic mess .

Any Trust members on 22:44 - Jul 28 with 1766 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 21:32 - Jul 28 by swancity

Seems strange to walk away from it at a point where there’s unfinished business of such a critical nature. Especially after a members vote which was conclusive wasn’t it?

What a shambolic mess .

Nobody is saying they will not take up legal action but it is something for the new board to consider. They might or might not have different thoughts to those who were previously running the trust.

It certainly has been the case that Phil has been the leading light in wanting to take legal action. Others previously on the board took a different view. People like Will Morris and others took a different approach.

There are 2 trails of thoughts. The likes of Sumbler who want to take legal action and sell their shares and those like some of the former members who would prefer the Trust to continue having shares as it gives them influence over how the club is run.

How the new board made up of largely newer members will go nobody knows.
Any Trust members on 23:57 - Jul 28 with 1742 viewschad

Does it matter which way the Board goes, as the decision was put to the members and has been made. It was clearly said the members would make the decision and we very conclusively did.

The Board is there to represent the members and the decision was that the members decide and the members very clearly decided.

The only reason there was a second vote is because there was no other option, as the new owners, were so sure of themselves that they even reneged on that shocking deal that put virtually all the power in their hands, including the ability to force us to sell our shares, to a buyer of their choosing, at a price and time of their choosing, whenever they decided to sell the club. And thank goodness they did renege.

I will be very concerned if Ux becomes Chair, given the way he pushed the deal in the first place and said he would be happy to align our future with the new owners when members repeatedly warned that they were not to be trusted. At least Phil was willing to own up to mistakes.

I for one do not think it appropriate that a Chair be elected who is willing to abuse and lie about members as he has done on here. I was previously going to raise a formal complaint but did not want to cause dissent when legal action was progressing. But it seems that is currently going nowhere.

As far a retaining the shares to retain a say in the club, that time has gone, we have no real say, the sellouts not only sold their shares but their residual voting rights, to guarantee the new owners virtually total control (undoubtedly a condition of sale), so we may effectively be just passed from owner to owner, our shares trapped and potentially effectively worthless, both in terms of power and monetary value.
Any Trust members on 09:14 - Jul 29 with 1687 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 23:57 - Jul 28 by chad

Does it matter which way the Board goes, as the decision was put to the members and has been made. It was clearly said the members would make the decision and we very conclusively did.

The Board is there to represent the members and the decision was that the members decide and the members very clearly decided.

The only reason there was a second vote is because there was no other option, as the new owners, were so sure of themselves that they even reneged on that shocking deal that put virtually all the power in their hands, including the ability to force us to sell our shares, to a buyer of their choosing, at a price and time of their choosing, whenever they decided to sell the club. And thank goodness they did renege.

I will be very concerned if Ux becomes Chair, given the way he pushed the deal in the first place and said he would be happy to align our future with the new owners when members repeatedly warned that they were not to be trusted. At least Phil was willing to own up to mistakes.

I for one do not think it appropriate that a Chair be elected who is willing to abuse and lie about members as he has done on here. I was previously going to raise a formal complaint but did not want to cause dissent when legal action was progressing. But it seems that is currently going nowhere.

As far a retaining the shares to retain a say in the club, that time has gone, we have no real say, the sellouts not only sold their shares but their residual voting rights, to guarantee the new owners virtually total control (undoubtedly a condition of sale), so we may effectively be just passed from owner to owner, our shares trapped and potentially effectively worthless, both in terms of power and monetary value.

Agreed

Are they now plotting a way to reverse that decision / vote in the absence of Phil ? It would not surprise anyone. Nothing would. I’m hoping to be proved wrong. But the silence is deafening as they say...

Any Trust members on 09:49 - Jul 29 with 1674 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 22:44 - Jul 28 by exhmrc1

Nobody is saying they will not take up legal action but it is something for the new board to consider. They might or might not have different thoughts to those who were previously running the trust.

It certainly has been the case that Phil has been the leading light in wanting to take legal action. Others previously on the board took a different view. People like Will Morris and others took a different approach.

There are 2 trails of thoughts. The likes of Sumbler who want to take legal action and sell their shares and those like some of the former members who would prefer the Trust to continue having shares as it gives them influence over how the club is run.

How the new board made up of largely newer members will go nobody knows.

Why is it something for them to consider? The members have voted.

Any Trust members on 15:10 - Jul 29 with 1621 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 09:49 - Jul 29 by swancity

Why is it something for them to consider? The members have voted.

Whenever there is a change in any organisation policies change. Tories policies have changed when Boris took over. A new manager comes into a football club and policies change. It looks very clearly like Phil was the driving force and the new people might think differently. They have to look at things and see whether it is right to proceed. That is normal for any organisation. They might believe it is better to keep the shares and they could call another vote. Nobody knows whether this will or will not happen. We dont even know the full make up of the new board. Who will be the new chairman and secretary. No organisation has to follow previous policy. Things change everywhere not just the trust. They will need time to decide what is right.
Any Trust members on 16:46 - Jul 29 with 1589 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 15:10 - Jul 29 by exhmrc1

Whenever there is a change in any organisation policies change. Tories policies have changed when Boris took over. A new manager comes into a football club and policies change. It looks very clearly like Phil was the driving force and the new people might think differently. They have to look at things and see whether it is right to proceed. That is normal for any organisation. They might believe it is better to keep the shares and they could call another vote. Nobody knows whether this will or will not happen. We dont even know the full make up of the new board. Who will be the new chairman and secretary. No organisation has to follow previous policy. Things change everywhere not just the trust. They will need time to decide what is right.

Of course policies change

That goes without saying

But this was a members vote. Completely different .

Any Trust members on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 1588 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 16:46 - Jul 29 by swancity

Of course policies change

That goes without saying

But this was a members vote. Completely different .

Nothing stopping another vote. The one you referred to was after another vote. You seem hell bent on legal action. Why dont you put yourself forward for the Trust Board. They are looking to co-opt
Login to get fewer ads

Any Trust members on 17:01 - Jul 29 with 1579 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any Trust members on 16:48 - Jul 29 by exhmrc1

Nothing stopping another vote. The one you referred to was after another vote. You seem hell bent on legal action. Why dont you put yourself forward for the Trust Board. They are looking to co-opt

He'd have to join first.

Poll: Tory leader

Any Trust members on 17:07 - Jul 29 with 1578 viewsswancity

If that can ( happen legally ) and does happen the Trust will lose all credibility. The members voted. So do what the membership have voted for.

I’m not hell bent on anything although I’d like to think that legal action is certainly the best way forward. They have a strong case don’t they. It’s been well documented.

I’ve got no intention of being co opted onto the Trust or even rejoining it. Not as things stand now.

Any Trust members on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 1572 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 17:07 - Jul 29 by swancity

If that can ( happen legally ) and does happen the Trust will lose all credibility. The members voted. So do what the membership have voted for.

I’m not hell bent on anything although I’d like to think that legal action is certainly the best way forward. They have a strong case don’t they. It’s been well documented.

I’ve got no intention of being co opted onto the Trust or even rejoining it. Not as things stand now.

Well then if your not a member of the Trust and not prepared to stand your in no position to criticise those that do.

The new board have put up and will make whatever action they deem fit and rightly so.
Any Trust members on 17:28 - Jul 29 with 1560 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 17:16 - Jul 29 by exhmrc1

Well then if your not a member of the Trust and not prepared to stand your in no position to criticise those that do.

The new board have put up and will make whatever action they deem fit and rightly so.

And you’re in no position to tell me what I can or can’t do

Let’s hope that the Trust do what’s needed and what’s been voted for and don’t make fools of themselves at this very late stage. They will have huge support from (most) fans if they make the right decisions.

Who are you anyway ?

Any Trust members on 18:45 - Jul 29 with 1528 views3swan

Any Trust members on 23:57 - Jul 28 by chad

From the Trust Board meeting in June

Shareholding/Legal report
1. AG provided an update on the current legal position of the trust's case against former
shareholders. Current indications suggest that the possibility of quickly getting to court is
low, though this is the status for nearly all civil disputes at the current time.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Minutes-June-2020.pdf
Any Trust members on 19:06 - Jul 29 with 1513 viewschad

As I said ...

the only reason there was a second vote is because there was no other option, as the new owners, were so sure of themselves that they even reneged on that shocking deal that put virtually all the power in their hands, including the ability to force us to sell our shares, to a buyer of their choosing, at a price and time of their choosing, whenever they decided to sell the club. And thank goodness they did renege.’

The deal was voted for, and was definitely going ahead as voted for, except the buyouts unsurprisingly (at least to some of us) reneged on the deal. So as it had been made clear the members would decide. There was no option but to have another vote. That is not the case now.
Any Trust members on 19:12 - Jul 29 with 1505 viewschad

Any Trust members on 18:45 - Jul 29 by 3swan

From the Trust Board meeting in June

Shareholding/Legal report
1. AG provided an update on the current legal position of the trust's case against former
shareholders. Current indications suggest that the possibility of quickly getting to court is
low, though this is the status for nearly all civil disputes at the current time.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Minutes-June-2020.pdf

Thanks, is that only referring to the former shareholders (the sellouts).

Although aren’t most of them still current shareholders?

Wasn’t the main case against the new shareholders and their actions prejudicing our position within the Club.
Any Trust members on 21:33 - Jul 29 with 1465 viewsJackinexile1

Any Trust members on 20:36 - Jul 28 by exiledclaseboy

It’ll certainly be interesting to see which direction the Trust moves in next when the new board forms. First order of business of course will be to elect itself a new chair.

Hold on, are you saying there might be no legal action?

As a Trust member I have no been informed of that?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 21:36]
Any Trust members on 21:48 - Jul 29 with 1449 viewsJackinexile1

Man everyone knows members of the Trust had meetings with the Americans... thats why legal action will never be possible, and I'm not on about Cooze.
Any Trust members on 21:55 - Jul 29 with 1440 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 21:33 - Jul 29 by Jackinexile1

I dont think anyone is saying there wont be legal action. Nobody knows. The new board will be different to the old one. They MIGHT think differently. It is clear that the person who has been driving the legal action route is no longer there. It could change. It might not. Only the new board can make a decision. The make up of the new board isnt yet known. There are still co-opted places to be taken up. Based on things I have read here I suspect the new board might think differently but only time will tell.

You wouldnt be informed that no legal action will be taking place as no decision has been taken. That doesnt mean it wont sometime in the next couple of months
Any Trust members on 22:05 - Jul 29 with 1419 viewsexiledclaseboy

Any Trust members on 21:33 - Jul 29 by Jackinexile1

Well if you read my post again I didn’t even mention legal action. So to answer your question, no I’m not saying that.

Poll: Tory leader

Any Trust members on 09:13 - Jul 30 with 1281 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 21:48 - Jul 29 by Jackinexile1

Man everyone knows members of the Trust had meetings with the Americans... thats why legal action will never be possible, and I'm not on about Cooze.

When were these meetings then? What have the sell outs told you to say then?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Any Trust members on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 1255 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Any Trust members on 21:48 - Jul 29 by Jackinexile1

Why are Jenkins, Levein and Kaplan on record as saying they didn’t then?

If you’re right all three are lying.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Any Trust members on 11:58 - Jul 30 with 1251 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Do you belong in the EU parliament by any chance?
Keep voting until you get the answer you want.
Any Trust members on 17:40 - Jul 30 with 1194 viewsswancity

Any Trust members on 21:55 - Jul 29 by exhmrc1

I dont think anyone is saying there wont be legal action. Nobody knows. The new board will be different to the old one. They MIGHT think differently. It is clear that the person who has been driving the legal action route is no longer there. It could change. It might not. Only the new board can make a decision. The make up of the new board isnt yet known. There are still co-opted places to be taken up. Based on things I have read here I suspect the new board might think differently but only time will tell.

You wouldnt be informed that no legal action will be taking place as no decision has been taken. That doesnt mean it wont sometime in the next couple of months

“They might think differently”

Any Trust members on 18:31 - Jul 30 with 1186 viewsexhmrc1

Any Trust members on 17:40 - Jul 30 by swancity

“They might think differently”

I suspect from things that have been said that a number of people on the new trust board are not in favour of the legal action. Only time will tell but certainly Ux has previously suggested that of the old board. I remember him saying that people on the old board were looking at not selling shares. There are others who feel the same way. Phil has very much taken the lead on legal action and pressed for it. The new board might decide that isnt the right course of action. Only time will tell. One thing is certain though that only trust members can make that decision and those that arent will have take no part.
Any Trust members on 19:06 - Jul 30 with 1178 viewswaynekerr55

Any Trust members on 11:58 - Jul 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you belong in the EU parliament by any chance?
Keep voting until you get the answer you want.

kin el mun, this isn't Pikey's thread, AFD 😁

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024