Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good effort 21:48 - Jul 29 with 2089 viewsNortbankboy

Just not enough,all in all a good seaso
Good effort on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 2069 viewsJackinexile1

agreed we got smashed, but they are a good team.
Good effort on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 2055 viewsAndy1300

Good effort on 21:51 - Jul 29 by Jackinexile1

agreed we got smashed, but they are a good team.

Shame they didn’t fall apart like the last 2 league games

Number 1 team in Wales

Good effort on 22:02 - Jul 29 with 1968 viewshobo

Yup, everyone can hold their heads up. They gave themselves a chance, and couldn't really have done much more. Some lethal finishing from Brentford has been the difference, and they deserve it overall. On to next season
Good effort on 22:09 - Jul 29 with 1910 viewsNortbankboy

Good effort on 22:02 - Jul 29 by hobo

Yup, everyone can hold their heads up. They gave themselves a chance, and couldn't really have done much more. Some lethal finishing from Brentford has been the difference, and they deserve it overall. On to next season

Just hope Fulham win it.
Not keen on tthe bees cocky manager.
Good effort on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1736 viewsBarrySwan

Lets be honest, although we want the Swans to win every game that they play.

If we'd have scraped promotion 10 premiership class players would have had to be purchased just to put a team out that wouldn't get slaughtered every match and even then I'm not sure there's enough talent left in the rest of the current squad to fill a bench of second team strappers who might be able to fill in for an injured player at that level.

In the normal run of events a team gaining promotion would be a pretty tasty side with probably the majority of the team able to handle the step up with the addition of 4 or 5 class players.

That isn't the case with our team. I'm not really sure where we go from here with the loanees going back, Ayew no doubt departing and the possibility of the one or two promising youngsters leaving for fees also.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 22:42]
Good effort on 03:31 - Jul 30 with 1513 viewsTimTtam

A shame, but I fully expected Brentford to win the 2nd leg. Losing 2-3 on aggregate to them is a good effort.

Just making the playoffs was a miracle. I said to myself at the time that even if we got thrashed, I'd still be somewhat happy. And I am.

As for next season, before signings/loans are made, the team isn't all that bad. Benda comes back as GK, and the back 3, wingbacks & midfield duo are solid enough for this level. The front 3 is a bit of a concern, but we'll see how Cullen goes with a decent run.

......................Benda
........Guehi . Cabango . Cooper
Roberts . Fulton . Grimes . Bidwell
.......Garrick . Cullen . Dhanda

(^ assuming that Woodman, Naughton, Rodon, VDH, Celina, Dyer, Routledge, Gallagher, Brewster, & Ayew will all be gone)

Loans will be all well and good, but it's clear we'll need some experienced permanent signings, even if on a free transfer. At absolute minimum, an experienced defender and winger/striker. Unless we can keep some out of contract players. Big offseason coming up.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Good effort on 06:11 - Jul 30 with 1480 viewsjackal

Good effort on 22:09 - Jul 29 by Nortbankboy

Just hope Fulham win it.
Not keen on tthe bees cocky manager.

Pity Conor didn't deck the tw@t.
Good effort on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 1217 viewsBadlands

A missed opportunity but we have been pretty poor all season.
Take away the early games (before Cooper had a chance to fully influence the squad and teams were shaking off the summer rust) and post lock down and we've been poor.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Good effort on 11:54 - Jul 30 with 1181 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Good effort on 03:31 - Jul 30 by TimTtam

A shame, but I fully expected Brentford to win the 2nd leg. Losing 2-3 on aggregate to them is a good effort.

Just making the playoffs was a miracle. I said to myself at the time that even if we got thrashed, I'd still be somewhat happy. And I am.

As for next season, before signings/loans are made, the team isn't all that bad. Benda comes back as GK, and the back 3, wingbacks & midfield duo are solid enough for this level. The front 3 is a bit of a concern, but we'll see how Cullen goes with a decent run.

(^ assuming that Woodman, Naughton, Rodon, VDH, Celina, Dyer, Routledge, Gallagher, Brewster, & Ayew will all be gone)

Loans will be all well and good, but it's clear we'll need some experienced permanent signings, even if on a free transfer. At absolute minimum, an experienced defender and winger/striker. Unless we can keep some out of contract players. Big offseason coming up.

Where are we going to get 27 goals from?
Good effort on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 1176 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you think that last night's game was a good effort, I would not like to see a poor one.
Good effort on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 1110 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Good effort on 11:56 - Jul 30 by A_Fans_Dad

If you think that last night's game was a good effort, I would not like to see a poor one.

The midfield seemed to sh*t themselves. Very undisciplined performance

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Good effort on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 1069 viewsHighjack

Good effort on 03:31 - Jul 30 by TimTtam

I wonder what the future holds with the likes of Peterson and Asoro? Perhaps Barrie McKay will have got his confidence back after a productive loan at Fleetwood.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Good effort on 18:59 - Jul 30 with 994 viewsNortbankboy

Good effort on 14:41 - Jul 30 by Highjack

I wonder what the future holds with the likes of Peterson and Asoro? Perhaps Barrie McKay will have got his confidence back after a productive loan at Fleetwood.

I thought Paterson looked ok.
But the other two not good enough
Good effort on 07:51 - Aug 1 with 759 viewsLeonWasGod

I found it a thoroughly frustrating season, not an especially good one. We're not as good to watch and home form through most of it has been pretty grim. Gone backwards in many ways but then finished higher than last year. An odd one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024