Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 13:06 - Sep 9 with 10324 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday 12th September 2020, Deepdale Stadium, Lancashire. Kick off 3pm

TV
iFollow PNE
Swans Tv
Highlights on Quest TV, Saturday at 9pm.

EXTENDED MATCHDAY HIGHLIGHTS BELOW

Latest team news
George Byers is the only Swans player unavailable.
Preston have a full squad to select from.

Probably the most memorable game was on the 2nd May 1981 at Deepdale when the swans won 3-1 to secure promotion to the old division one under John Toshack. For a lot of older swans fans this was pay back for the 2-1 loss at Villa Park in March 1964 in front of 63,000 half of which were Swansea Town supporters. At the end of that game Preston won 2-1 in what was described at the time as a pretty poor referee display with decisions going against the swans which were let’s say ‘extremely questionable’

Some memories from 1981.

Another fantastic swans memory came in September 2008 when Ferrie Bodde scored a scintillating 40 yard plus goal on twenty minutes. The swans won the game 2-0 that night with Jordi Gomez getting the second goal from the penalty spot.

Jordi Gomez & Ferrie Bodde

Swans fans are none too confident regards this game, the lack of team strengthening and seemingly too many players waiting to move on spells out a home win, a draw would be acceptable.

DID YOU KNOW ?

Freddie Flintoff was born in Preston, and KFC opened their first restaurant in the U.K. in Preston. Here’s one for you, one of the first women’s football teams formed in Preston, yes they were called ‘Dick Kerr Ladies’ Er ... Is that ok ?

Preston has the tallest church spire in England and has a pretty large B&M as well.

Here’s a semi interesting thing about our hosts this weekend. Preston and its surrounding area have provided evidence of ancient Roman activity, largely in the form of a Roman road which led to a camp at Walton-le-Dale. The Angles established Preston; its name is derived from the Old English meaning "priest's settlement" and in the Domesday Book is recorded as "Prestune".

The Domesday Book yesterday.

It would be at this point we would do a pubs to visit and hotels recommended. Pretty pointless really. However, it’s safe to say they do have pubs and hotels in Preston, which is commendable.

We shouldn’t leave our fact finding mission on Preston without covering one of the towns best public houses, The Black Horse. Conveniently situated next to Wilkos, once you have bought a shit load of bargains you didn’t know you needed you can relax and choose from the many local ales and fizzy lagers served to your table.

This is the Black Horse, next door as you can see is Wilkos, who are in direct competition with many of B&M’s products.

Swansea hold the most wins between the two teams with 25, the swans biggest win was 5-0 in 1929, although they have recorded numerous four goal games. In that game one Jack Armand played for the swans, the clubs first overseas player. Born in India and Anglo Indian he played for two seasons and scored ten goals in around fifty appearances. Not bad, a bit like Stephen Torpey.

Jack Armand and the Swansea Town 1929/30 squad. Jack is in the middle row third from left. Or four from the right for political equality.

Fotmob make Preston favourites for the game, with a draw next favourable. If this game is anything like last seasons Deepdale confrontation we should be in for a cracker.

This thread is brought to you by Fansnetwork, support the site and we may see it flourish even more 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Further match updates will follow, keep visiting the thread for more news

Extended highlights from the game are now here.

[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 8:17]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:41 - Sep 12 with 1433 viewsJohnw102

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:38 - Sep 12 by Brynmill_Jack

Cooper is a f*cking idiot. He’s learned nothing about allowing sides to come on to us and inevitably score

No worries now Wayne is here!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:41 - Sep 12 with 1433 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Sep 12 by Badlands

I've been very critical of Bidwell but he's been excellent going forward.

1 up and sitting back a bit ....again.

It’s Mainly because Preston are pushing with a target man and need to chase a 0-1 deficit.

The team will take some time to get used to 352 and the higher tempo.

( btw didn’t mean to down arrow, (iPhone ))
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Sep 12 with 1416 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:40 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

Yep, sitting back and inviting pressure.

There’s almost an inevitability about it. We should have been keeping them back by attacking them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 12 with 1406 viewsJohnw102

Going to be a long 5 mins!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 12 with 1406 viewsAnotherJohn

Really under the cosh in last five minutes.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:46 - Sep 12 with 1396 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

Needlessly

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Sep 12 with 1337 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Sep 12 by Brynmill_Jack

There’s almost an inevitability about it. We should have been keeping them back by attacking them

That’s a tough ask for 90 mins against an experienced, much lauded Preston.

The boys are doing well and absorbed the pressure so far.

Smith still anonymous in the middle.

That wasn’t a corner
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Sep 12 with 1319 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Excellent 3 points, in many ways
Login to get fewer ads

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Sep 12 with 1315 viewsAnotherJohn

Excellent win, but not good for the blood pressure.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Sep 12 with 1285 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

Lol. As Clive Woodward famously coined phrase : TCUP - think clearly under pressure, which we did today, fair play.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Sep 12 with 1267 viewsNotLoyal

Today's Matchday stats.

Trying to log a picture on here in a car clearly doesn’t work 😂
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 18:32]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Sep 12 with 1259 viewsLuther27

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

Typical Swans game then lol
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Sep 12 with 1236 viewsBadlands

Same as many games last season - goal up and then happily ge hammered and hope they don't score.
The team played well in the most part but Cooper has to do something to take the game forward when we score.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 12 with 1218 viewsbritferry

No rugby... Cardiff lost, Swansea won... I hope Glamorgan are doing well coz BBC Wales won't be reporting any sport otherwise

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Sep 12 with 1209 viewsmajorraglan

Good to see 3 points in the bank, after the pre Saxon and last week I didn’t see that coming tbh.

A good days work. Well done.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Sep 12 with 1208 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Sep 12 by Badlands

Same as many games last season - goal up and then happily ge hammered and hope they don't score.
The team played well in the most part but Cooper has to do something to take the game forward when we score.

It sends out a bad message to our players and just gives the opposition a lift. We defended brilliantly today but why not try to safely kill the game off. One goal is seldom enough and it seems as if as soon as we scored we were dropping off and inviting Preston on.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Sep 12 with 1192 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 12 by britferry

No rugby... Cardiff lost, Swansea won... I hope Glamorgan are doing well coz BBC Wales won't be reporting any sport otherwise

Their game was on all frequencies bar the immediate Swansea area and I’m so glad they were allowed to publicize how sh*t they are far and wide

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Sep 12 with 1191 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Normal service has resumed . Swansea win away and are now joint third. Cardiff lose at home and are joint bottom but one as despite Sheffield Wednesday winning they are on -9.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Sep 12 with 1182 viewsCatullus

I thought Rodon,Cabango and Guehi did really well. Lowe is fast we just need to use that pace. Bidwell looked good today, had a few chances too.

I'm not sure Preston are much lauded, I guess we'll know in a few months if they are any good but at least we are off to a winning start despite the sitting back, again!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Sep 12 with 1174 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Sep 12 by felixstowe_jack

Normal service has resumed . Swansea win away and are now joint third. Cardiff lose at home and are joint bottom but one as despite Sheffield Wednesday winning they are on -9.

Wednesday are reeling them in!

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:16 - Sep 12 with 1165 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Sep 12 by Catullus

I thought Rodon,Cabango and Guehi did really well. Lowe is fast we just need to use that pace. Bidwell looked good today, had a few chances too.

I'm not sure Preston are much lauded, I guess we'll know in a few months if they are any good but at least we are off to a winning start despite the sitting back, again!

Bidwell supplied the assist. There will be some who aren’t satisfied though

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Sep 12 with 1124 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Please to see Ayew Rodon and grimes playing despite many people saying they would be sold. Just hope the transfer window closes soon.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Sep 12 with 1121 viewsFlashberryjack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Sep 12 by AnotherJohn

We always are when we're 1 goal up, that's why we concede late goals.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Sep 12 with 1090 viewsJack59

Very solid performances at the back of our defence today, very poor game with not much being created at either end. I've never been a fan of Bidwell but I thought he was way ahead of anyone else on the pitch today.
It was 68,000 attendance for these two sides at Villa Park in the 1964 F A Cup semi-final. not 63,000 as stated.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:44 - Sep 12 with 1066 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:36 - Sep 12 by Jack59

Very solid performances at the back of our defence today, very poor game with not much being created at either end. I've never been a fan of Bidwell but I thought he was way ahead of anyone else on the pitch today.
It was 68,000 attendance for these two sides at Villa Park in the 1964 F A Cup semi-final. not 63,000 as stated.

With Gate receipts of £28,057. Where did all the money go?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024