Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This shows 11:32 - Sep 19 with 2363 viewsWhiterockin

This shows what just one person breaking the rules can cause. He did not self isolate after returning from holiday and went on a pub crawl with his mates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54205353

A sobering thought.
This shows on 11:40 - Sep 19 with 1786 viewsFireboy2

And it because of selfish cvnts like this man that the virus will stop us from doing things we love for quite some time.
This shows on 13:22 - Sep 19 with 1726 viewsItchySphincter

BBC, can’t be true. Oh, hang on a minute......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This shows on 13:36 - Sep 19 with 1710 viewsCatullus

This shows on 11:40 - Sep 19 by Fireboy2

And it because of selfish cvnts like this man that the virus will stop us from doing things we love for quite some time.

It also shows again the stupidity of pubs opening and not being properly monitored. If landlords won't police their own property then increase the punishment, tell them straight up that if they open and don't obey the rules or don't tell people breaking rules to leave then it could be their license is revoked. Or if a pub is in breach just shut it down and tell them they cannot open until they are given clearance by a magistrate. Issue a cease and desist order.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This shows on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 1708 viewsHumpty

Jim Davidson will be gutted.
This shows on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 1693 viewsonehunglow

Seriously,this is why we are screwed
Our national stupidity and selfishmes see tw'ats like this effectively killing others and why? He won't take to be told this virus is a killer,he wont stop drinking to excess.Quite what is there to party about.

We are reaping what we sow.

My sister in law tells me a fella a Brit in South Africa she treated fell ill with virus there,told nobody,flew to Paris ,then to Bristol airport. Told not a fookn soul.

Boris need to do what should have been done in the first place and ruthlessly police these regulations. In this regard ,the Govt stands condemned as cowards.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

This shows on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 1682 viewsScotia

Why hasn't he been banged up?
This shows on 14:16 - Sep 19 with 1662 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 13:54 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Seriously,this is why we are screwed
Our national stupidity and selfishmes see tw'ats like this effectively killing others and why? He won't take to be told this virus is a killer,he wont stop drinking to excess.Quite what is there to party about.

We are reaping what we sow.

My sister in law tells me a fella a Brit in South Africa she treated fell ill with virus there,told nobody,flew to Paris ,then to Bristol airport. Told not a fookn soul.

Boris need to do what should have been done in the first place and ruthlessly police these regulations. In this regard ,the Govt stands condemned as cowards.

Sadly this is one of many. There have been cases reported in Maesteg, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Cardiff and Caerphilly which caused the spikes but some try to pretend otherwise. Once you open your borders this is what you get. Even if you have social isolation people pass it on to their family who they live with. When this was reported in Maesteg Scotia tried to put it down. It isnt the landlord's fault if someone goes into the pub with the virus just like it isnt the coach companies fault if people go for a weekend in Doncaster then get it in pubs.
This shows on 14:18 - Sep 19 with 1656 viewsScotia

This shows on 14:16 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

Sadly this is one of many. There have been cases reported in Maesteg, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Cardiff and Caerphilly which caused the spikes but some try to pretend otherwise. Once you open your borders this is what you get. Even if you have social isolation people pass it on to their family who they live with. When this was reported in Maesteg Scotia tried to put it down. It isnt the landlord's fault if someone goes into the pub with the virus just like it isnt the coach companies fault if people go for a weekend in Doncaster then get it in pubs.

There is something wrong with you.
Login to get fewer ads

This shows on 14:21 - Sep 19 with 1654 viewsonehunglow

Txman.
It is simply staggering.

I was in Lidl yesterday and 7 Tranmere Rovers acamedy lads walk in ,no masks,swanning around ,poking at food and gabbing on phone.

This happened 3 weeks ago and I kept schtum but this time,I approach them and ask,"where's your mask, you're a community club".One sniggers a another says,"we havent gone any". Suffice to say, I wasnt happy and neither were they when I fronted up to thee jerks.They are killing people my age.
In fairness,I contacted the club and they said they will discipline them

This shows on 14:28 - Sep 19 with 1646 viewsWhiterockin

This shows on 14:16 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

I would like to here your thoughts on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54092256

Its happening on school buses all over Wales.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 14:29]
This shows on 14:51 - Sep 19 with 1613 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 14:28 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

I would like to here your thoughts on this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54092256

Its happening on school buses all over Wales.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 14:29]

I am not surprised at this. Probably not a major problem in Swansea as most live within walking distance other than Bishopston and Gowerton but for more rural areas a huge problem. There are something like 7 buses going into Cwmtawe and Gower College has over 20. Similar problems with Welsh language and religious schools with far wider catchment areas. There are only so many buses and clearly not enough to double up to provide the room needed for proper social distancing. Even on normal bus services they are spaced far closer than they were.

The fact is we needn't have been in this position. Our figures were dropping hugely as the chart under daily figures shows. We were down to 15 cases on average a day and dropping. Had we kept our nerve those figures would have been down to low single figures and there wouldnt have been this spread.

Instead we decided to go along with a half baked idea of allowing air bridges and people came back from holidays from so called low infectious areas like Zante and Crete which at the time had 7 times the average Welsh daily amount. They then visited pubs and spread the viruses there with the net result instead of having 8 cases in a day and dropping we now have 212 and rising. Had we not opened our borders the kids would have been going back with few, if any, cases being spread about.

https://t.co/zpWRYSUbfh?amp=1
This shows on 14:57 - Sep 19 with 1607 viewsNeath_Jack

This shows on 14:51 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

I am not surprised at this. Probably not a major problem in Swansea as most live within walking distance other than Bishopston and Gowerton but for more rural areas a huge problem. There are something like 7 buses going into Cwmtawe and Gower College has over 20. Similar problems with Welsh language and religious schools with far wider catchment areas. There are only so many buses and clearly not enough to double up to provide the room needed for proper social distancing. Even on normal bus services they are spaced far closer than they were.

The fact is we needn't have been in this position. Our figures were dropping hugely as the chart under daily figures shows. We were down to 15 cases on average a day and dropping. Had we kept our nerve those figures would have been down to low single figures and there wouldnt have been this spread.

Instead we decided to go along with a half baked idea of allowing air bridges and people came back from holidays from so called low infectious areas like Zante and Crete which at the time had 7 times the average Welsh daily amount. They then visited pubs and spread the viruses there with the net result instead of having 8 cases in a day and dropping we now have 212 and rising. Had we not opened our borders the kids would have been going back with few, if any, cases being spread about.

There's no way we could have stopped the second wave unless we stayed in total lockdown, which we could not have done.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

This shows on 14:58 - Sep 19 with 1607 viewsonehunglow

Agree with all of that taxman

This shows on 15:02 - Sep 19 with 1603 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 14:58 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Agree with all of that taxman

Not often we agree
This shows on 15:07 - Sep 19 with 1600 viewsScotia

This shows on 14:57 - Sep 19 by Neath_Jack

There's no way we could have stopped the second wave unless we stayed in total lockdown, which we could not have done.

He genuinely thinks we could. It baffles me, but that is his opinion.
This shows on 15:20 - Sep 19 with 1588 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 15:07 - Sep 19 by Scotia

He genuinely thinks we could. It baffles me, but that is his opinion.

If you look at the figures you will see how they were dropping. When they opened pubs out doors the figures didnt rise. When they opened all shops it didnt rise. When pubs opened indoors you can see the effect and it was compounded by the decision to allow people back into the UK with the virus. Some things would have to keep closed. Much of the things that were opened like restaurants, shops and cafes havent caused the spike and wouldnt need to have been closed. As things stand we are likely to be back in very serious lockdown soon so everybody will suffer. Never mind you can tell all those people why and it wont just apply to the Swansea Valley. 1/5 are already in lockdown in England and other areas close to it. Middlesbrough is an area of concern and what does our government do. Let them have fans in to spread it more and 3 days ago Middlesbrough had 4 times the rate of Swansea.
This shows on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 1561 viewsScotia

This shows on 15:20 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

If you look at the figures you will see how they were dropping. When they opened pubs out doors the figures didnt rise. When they opened all shops it didnt rise. When pubs opened indoors you can see the effect and it was compounded by the decision to allow people back into the UK with the virus. Some things would have to keep closed. Much of the things that were opened like restaurants, shops and cafes havent caused the spike and wouldnt need to have been closed. As things stand we are likely to be back in very serious lockdown soon so everybody will suffer. Never mind you can tell all those people why and it wont just apply to the Swansea Valley. 1/5 are already in lockdown in England and other areas close to it. Middlesbrough is an area of concern and what does our government do. Let them have fans in to spread it more and 3 days ago Middlesbrough had 4 times the rate of Swansea.

Sorry that is incorrect. As usual.

Pubs opened inside and outside in England in early July, and inside in Wales at the start of August. Cases started rising significantly in both countries (and Scotland and Northern Ireland) at the start of September. Not a month later in Wales.

Proving without a shadow of doubt that different lock down rules are pointless in such a small country.

We are heading for at least a partial lockdown. It was always going to happen. But business over the border is in a better shape than in Wales.

This isn't a lockdown thread, so if you are going to carry on with these clueless ramblings put them where they belong.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 16:12]
This shows on 16:00 - Sep 19 with 1561 viewsWhiterockin

This shows on 14:51 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

Then why keep year groups in bubbles. Its not only buses, when students/pupils play a team sport for their club they are outside their school bubble, at home they interact with brothers and sisters from a different school year. Seems pointless to me sending a whole school year bubble home from school when they are mixing with other children socially and at home.
This shows on 16:13 - Sep 19 with 1540 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 16:00 - Sep 19 by Scotia

Sorry that is incorrect. As usual.

Pubs opened inside and outside in England in early July, and inside in Wales at the start of August. Cases started rising significantly in both countries (and Scotland and Northern Ireland) at the start of September. Not a month later in Wales.

Proving without a shadow of doubt that different lock down rules are pointless in such a small country.

We are heading for at least a partial lockdown. It was always going to happen. But business over the border is in a better shape than in Wales.

This isn't a lockdown thread, so if you are going to carry on with these clueless ramblings put them where they belong.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 16:12]

Wrong again they started increasing on 18 August 2 weeks after pubs opened then it has got higher since and the huge increase has happened since as more people were infected and came back from abroad. 9 August was a low of 8. 18 August there were 38 cases. 2 September there was 95 cases 14 September 183 cases so the increase has been going on since pubs opened and has been increasing since.
This shows on 16:35 - Sep 19 with 1527 viewsScotia

This shows on 16:13 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

Wrong again they started increasing on 18 August 2 weeks after pubs opened then it has got higher since and the huge increase has happened since as more people were infected and came back from abroad. 9 August was a low of 8. 18 August there were 38 cases. 2 September there was 95 cases 14 September 183 cases so the increase has been going on since pubs opened and has been increasing since.

I said significantly, and that is six weeks after pubs opened in England.

Anyway, wrong thread.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 16:44]
This shows on 16:53 - Sep 19 with 1506 viewsexhmrc1

8 doesnt turn to 200 in a couple of weeks.
This shows on 17:17 - Sep 19 with 1489 viewstheloneranger

It's coming to a pub near you ...

"Pub worker in hospital as eight members of staff at Bank Statement in Swansea test positive"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/pub-coronavirus-swansea-bank-state

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This shows on 17:47 - Sep 19 with 1464 viewsCatullus

Some fella, apparently a medical expert but I forgot his name, anyway he reckons the second wave was always going to happen. He said most cases in his area are from parents aged 45-55 so probably secondary school kids, mostly.
Pubs opening hasn't helped but neither has not doing mass testing because we know people can be asympotomatic and infectious.

Air bridges didn't help either but trying to say we could have avoided this is dubious at best. We didn't have a closed border with England and we know people were going back and fore. We have no idea how many young people are carrying and spreading it in ignorance of being infected and infectious. People not obeying the rules in shops will spread it, people getting drunk and being stupid will spread it and kids from school will spread it.

Anyone who thinks that Wales was anywhere near eradicating it is misguided. Not knowing (because we weren't testing enough) how many people have it but aren't showing symptoms doesn't mean it isn't there. I mean, before anyone knew the North American continent was there, it was still there. Not knowing about it didn't mean it didn't exist. Put another way, when the USA increased testing and the number of cases rocketed they said it was always there but now they just know more about where it is.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

This shows on 18:04 - Sep 19 with 1451 viewsexhmrc1

This shows on 17:47 - Sep 19 by Catullus

Some fella, apparently a medical expert but I forgot his name, anyway he reckons the second wave was always going to happen. He said most cases in his area are from parents aged 45-55 so probably secondary school kids, mostly.
Pubs opening hasn't helped but neither has not doing mass testing because we know people can be asympotomatic and infectious.

Air bridges didn't help either but trying to say we could have avoided this is dubious at best. We didn't have a closed border with England and we know people were going back and fore. We have no idea how many young people are carrying and spreading it in ignorance of being infected and infectious. People not obeying the rules in shops will spread it, people getting drunk and being stupid will spread it and kids from school will spread it.

Anyone who thinks that Wales was anywhere near eradicating it is misguided. Not knowing (because we weren't testing enough) how many people have it but aren't showing symptoms doesn't mean it isn't there. I mean, before anyone knew the North American continent was there, it was still there. Not knowing about it didn't mean it didn't exist. Put another way, when the USA increased testing and the number of cases rocketed they said it was always there but now they just know more about where it is.

The figures show that the UK testing is higher than the US. It wasnt initially but it has been since the beginning of August. There is absolutely no evidence there was massive amounts of cases. Only around 1 in 100 tested in West Wales are being found to be positive and these were the cases where there has been known problems. 99 out of every 100 tested is negative. It has gone up due to the outbreaks in some areas but even then only 2 and 1/f2 per cent are being found to be positive. Singapore has nowhere near the number of tests we do. Put various countries in to see the graph provided. There was always going to be a problem due to us being attached to England and they had higher rates due to Johnson opening up but even taking that into account we still had very low figures and these were going downwards. Have a look at the graphs and totals. They do not lie.
This shows on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 1301 viewsCatullus

This shows on 18:04 - Sep 19 by exhmrc1

The figures show that the UK testing is higher than the US. It wasnt initially but it has been since the beginning of August. There is absolutely no evidence there was massive amounts of cases. Only around 1 in 100 tested in West Wales are being found to be positive and these were the cases where there has been known problems. 99 out of every 100 tested is negative. It has gone up due to the outbreaks in some areas but even then only 2 and 1/f2 per cent are being found to be positive. Singapore has nowhere near the number of tests we do. Put various countries in to see the graph provided. There was always going to be a problem due to us being attached to England and they had higher rates due to Johnson opening up but even taking that into account we still had very low figures and these were going downwards. Have a look at the graphs and totals. They do not lie.

Something that annoyed me today, the data breach by Public health Wales. Vaughn Gething knew about it but didn't tell Drakeford for 11 days, why not? What was/is he hiding?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024