Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170612 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:45 - Oct 9 with 887 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:32 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you mean a Country's leader that has suffered 4 years of Sedition and Treason from the previous administration and all the Security services and the DOJ.
I call him defensive, very angry and rightfully requesting JUSTICE.

You are obviously totally unaware of the documents being released showing the attempted coup of a sitting President.
Documents that show the complete innocence of General Flynn.
Why don't you wise up instead of reading the MSM propaganda.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 14:29]

The fact that you claim Flynn is innocent tells me you are drinking from the KoolAid.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:47 - Oct 9 with 882 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:33 - Oct 9 by DJack

Whilst the Republicans said their policy is whatever Trump wants...

That is because after of 8 years of Obama rule the Republicans didn't have any policies worth talking about.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:50 - Oct 9 with 882 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:22 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

The polls are always wrong because they always poll in the same stupid and unreliable way.

I’m sure some people have only been following politics for a matter of a few months since the riots and the media offensive.

Funnily enough I was thinking of the Clinton 14points thing when I posted and I only posted as I suspect that this time the lead will stay that way unless

a) Biden has a mega-gaff, which is not impossible with him.

b) The appearence of a major dirty trick/smear, a birther+/Benghazi event if you will.

Speaking of birther, wasn't Trump going to reveal the truth when he became President...Hmmm!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:53 - Oct 9 with 874 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The reason that the President can't get a fair debate from the Presidential Debate Commission.

https://www.revolver.news/2020/10/rigged-presidential-debate-commission-frank-fa
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:53 - Oct 9 with 873 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:50 - Oct 9 by DJack

Funnily enough I was thinking of the Clinton 14points thing when I posted and I only posted as I suspect that this time the lead will stay that way unless

a) Biden has a mega-gaff, which is not impossible with him.

b) The appearence of a major dirty trick/smear, a birther+/Benghazi event if you will.

Speaking of birther, wasn't Trump going to reveal the truth when he became President...Hmmm!

You believe the polls.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:00 - Oct 9 with 866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:00 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Out of interest, vegan or vegetarian?

I agree with you, Trump probably didn't know but it doesn't make much difference. There are so many lies tangled up with politics that somewhere (I have no doubt) both sides have fingers in the same pie.

Why are they all so busy throwing dirt at each other when there is so much more important stuff to talk about.

It's the same over here at GE's these days, it's as much about insult and abuse as real policies.

Vegan.

The mud slinging is largely from the left, it’s insatiable. That’s because their policies make no sense, police reform is going to cost bare minimum 30 billion, which means they are getting rid of the Trump tax bill which gives $2000 to lower income families, they are going to pack the court and not tell the people that is their intention - introducing ACTUAL fascism to the White House.

It’s funny most people think fascism is a right wing thing, it’s not, it’s predominantly been a left wing trait and you can see how it comes about. I have never in my lifetime seen mobs of violent thugs going from car to car and restaurant to restaurant insisting people make the black power sign and verbally say “BLM” or face the consequences. This is all backed by the Democrats, who supported a fund that bails rioters out of jail.

Just insanity.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:09 - Oct 9 with 863 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:53 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The reason that the President can't get a fair debate from the Presidential Debate Commission.

https://www.revolver.news/2020/10/rigged-presidential-debate-commission-frank-fa

Detailed Report

Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency

History

Founded in 2020, Revolver.News is a conservative news aggregation/curation website that claims to be the new Drudge Report. At the bottom of articles, they claim “Revolver News is dedicated to news aggregation and analysis. While we greatly respect and admire Matt Drudge, the Drudge Report no longer has its finger on the pulse of America. We aim to fill that void, and much more. We are dedicated to providing Americans of all backgrounds and political persuasions with timely, common-sense, accurate, and compelling information.”

The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page, name authors or editors, and do not openly disclose ownership.

Funded by / Ownership

Revolver.News lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Revolver.News primarily aggregates news from external sources. Most stories favor the right and frequently utilize loaded emotional headlines and wording such as this TRUMP SUPPORTER COMMITS SUICIDE AFTER GETTING CAUGHT IN LEFT’S INJUSTICE SYSTEM… This story links to the right-wing conspiracy website the Gateway Pundit. Other aggregated news stories come from credible sources such as Axios, Daily Beast, The Hill, and Local News Stations. However, some stories are published from low-quality sources such as RT, Hot Air, Wayne Dupree, and Twitter.

Editorially, Revolver.News occasionally produces original content that aligns with the right and is generally favorable toward the Trump administration such as this While A Terrific Judge, Amy Coney Barrett May Create Electoral Pitfalls For Trump 2020. Although this is an opinion piece, it does not provide a single hyperlinked source to verify its claims. In general, Revolver.News reports news from a strong right-leaning perspective and lacks credibility due to a complete lack of transparency.

Failed Fact Checks

None to date

Overall, we rate Revolver.News right biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sourcing techniques and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 9/21/2020)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/revolver-news/

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:12 - Oct 9 with 860 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:09 - Oct 9 by DJack

Detailed Report

History

Founded in 2020, Revolver.News is a conservative news aggregation/curation website that claims to be the new Drudge Report. At the bottom of articles, they claim “Revolver News is dedicated to news aggregation and analysis. While we greatly respect and admire Matt Drudge, the Drudge Report no longer has its finger on the pulse of America. We aim to fill that void, and much more. We are dedicated to providing Americans of all backgrounds and political persuasions with timely, common-sense, accurate, and compelling information.”

The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page, name authors or editors, and do not openly disclose ownership.

Funded by / Ownership

Revolver.News lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Revenue is derived through advertising.

Analysis / Bias

In review, Revolver.News primarily aggregates news from external sources. Most stories favor the right and frequently utilize loaded emotional headlines and wording such as this TRUMP SUPPORTER COMMITS SUICIDE AFTER GETTING CAUGHT IN LEFT’S INJUSTICE SYSTEM… This story links to the right-wing conspiracy website the Gateway Pundit. Other aggregated news stories come from credible sources such as Axios, Daily Beast, The Hill, and Local News Stations. However, some stories are published from low-quality sources such as RT, Hot Air, Wayne Dupree, and Twitter.

Editorially, Revolver.News occasionally produces original content that aligns with the right and is generally favorable toward the Trump administration such as this While A Terrific Judge, Amy Coney Barrett May Create Electoral Pitfalls For Trump 2020. Although this is an opinion piece, it does not provide a single hyperlinked source to verify its claims. In general, Revolver.News reports news from a strong right-leaning perspective and lacks credibility due to a complete lack of transparency.

Failed Fact Checks

None to date

Overall, we rate Revolver.News right biased and Questionable based on the use of poor sourcing techniques and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 9/21/2020)

Yes, we all know that the MSM doesn't like right leaning news sources and investigators.
Why don't you just try and prove them actually wrong instead of posting garbage hit jobs?
Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:16 - Oct 9 with 856 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:09 - Oct 9 by DJack

Detailed Report

History

Funded by / Ownership

Analysis / Bias

Failed Fact Checks

None to date

Surely if source bias is of huge importance to you... you wouldn’t be posting CNN links most days?

Your bias website says it’s strongly biased.

CNN feature heavily in my media thread a few threads down, their dishonesty is frightening.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:18 - Oct 9 with 856 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:00 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Vegan.

The mud slinging is largely from the left, it’s insatiable. That’s because their policies make no sense, police reform is going to cost bare minimum 30 billion, which means they are getting rid of the Trump tax bill which gives $2000 to lower income families, they are going to pack the court and not tell the people that is their intention - introducing ACTUAL fascism to the White House.

It’s funny most people think fascism is a right wing thing, it’s not, it’s predominantly been a left wing trait and you can see how it comes about. I have never in my lifetime seen mobs of violent thugs going from car to car and restaurant to restaurant insisting people make the black power sign and verbally say “BLM” or face the consequences. This is all backed by the Democrats, who supported a fund that bails rioters out of jail.

Just insanity.

Doc, they just don't get it.
There was that massive hulabulu about the President building cages and putting illegal immigrant people in them, including kids.
It was Obama that built them and introduced that policy.
All this stuff is so easy to corroborate.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:21 - Oct 9 with 855 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:47 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think you are goading me, it’s fine.

I just don’t understand why you are searching for negative spin stories on Trump every day. Wouldn’t it be better to discuss actual politics and policies than searching and posting links to a media that every day reaches for anything it can find to smear the man? You don’t seem a stupid man so I’m not sure why you can’t see through it.

Anyway back to the point, It’s not awkward. They politicised him getting ill and now they are politicising his recovery. It’s crazy.

Using the cells of dead babies voluntarily killed by its parents to test things on is wrong. But legal unfortunately. I did tell you to take a look at Planned Parenthood. They profit from abortion, this is one of the ways, dead babies is big money which is why the Democrat backed business doesn’t want Wade vs Roe touched. Planned Parenthood have the Democrats $45m for their election campaign - ask yourself why.

So the President is absolutely right to condemn it. But If you have a deadly illness however, you will take the medicine. I highly doubt Trump knew that’s where it was tested, these are private companies. But it doesn’t make much difference either way. For example I’m against eating meat, I think it’s harmful and the practise it cruel (my personal view), if I was dying of starvation I would eat meat if that would save me - my stance wouldn’t change however.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 2:57]

Trump gets huge boost from anti-abortion group

The Susan B. Anthony List and its partner PAC will launch the $52 million effort to back the president’s reelection and protect Senate Republicans’ majority.

Edit to add... Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Planned Parenthood donate?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/17/trump-anti-abortion-pac-100258
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:24]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:23 - Oct 9 with 852 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:21 - Oct 9 by DJack

Trump gets huge boost from anti-abortion group

The Susan B. Anthony List and its partner PAC will launch the $52 million effort to back the president’s reelection and protect Senate Republicans’ majority.

Edit to add... Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Planned Parenthood donate?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/17/trump-anti-abortion-pac-100258
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:24]

Right?

It’s very hard to keep up with you jumping about all over these links to different topics DJack. So what point are you making now?

These links really do need to have some form of opinion or point next to them.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:25 - Oct 9 with 849 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:18 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

There was that massive hulabulu about the President building cages and putting illegal immigrant people in them, including kids.

And it was Brits that invented the concentration camp... your point, oh no you dont have one.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:29 - Oct 9 with 844 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:23 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Right?

It’s very hard to keep up with you jumping about all over these links to different topics DJack. So what point are you making now?

These links really do need to have some form of opinion or point next to them.

As I said Perhaps Planned Parenthood made a large contribution to try and counter the anti-abortion lobby. It was quite simple.

As to jumping about the thread is on the Presidential debates/elections and any point linked to that...voting/economy /defence /the courts etc is germane.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:33 - Oct 9 with 843 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:18 - Oct 9 by A_Fans_Dad

We have seen time and time again that the media treat Trump differently. It’s just tiresome. Why people pay so much attention to the media and various links I will never know.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:37 - Oct 9 with 841 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:29 - Oct 9 by DJack

As I said Perhaps Planned Parenthood made a large contribution to try and counter the anti-abortion lobby. It was quite simple.

As to jumping about the thread is on the Presidential debates/elections and any point linked to that...voting/economy /defence /the courts etc is germane.

You said that after I replied...

and no, that’s not why they donate.

I understand it’s a political thread... but there is no debate coming from you here. You are posting link after link after link after link to random things, as soon as you get a counter, you don’t address it and move on to the next link. I can’t think of any other thread or topic where someone does this?

You must have posted close to 50 links now?! Pretty much none have been in keeping with the discussion at the time.

Can’t you just debate your thoughts using your own words, if we don’t believe a certain thing we can then ask for a source. But dumping a link in place of debate is what uninformed leftists do to avoid debate and cover up their lack of knowledge on a subject (by the way I’m not directing that at you just saying the behaviour is similar).

Take KilkennyJack for example. That’s what he does. Don’t be like Kilk.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:39]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:38 - Oct 9 with 840 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:33 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

We have seen time and time again that the media treat Trump differently. It’s just tiresome. Why people pay so much attention to the media and various links I will never know.

So the only major nations not part of the Covid vaccine alliance are Russia and the USA... That is one of the MANY reasons why Trump gets bad press.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-xi-jinping-taiwan-china-archive-aae170

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:43 - Oct 9 with 834 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:38 - Oct 9 by DJack

So the only major nations not part of the Covid vaccine alliance are Russia and the USA... That is one of the MANY reasons why Trump gets bad press.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-xi-jinping-taiwan-china-archive-aae170

No it isn’t. Covid started in Feb in the US, the media offensive started the year he was running.

The organisation covered up Chinas involvement in the release of coronavirus, and you want America to join it?

Interesting.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:49 - Oct 9 with 829 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:43 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

No it isn’t. Covid started in Feb in the US, the media offensive started the year he was running.

The organisation covered up Chinas involvement in the release of coronavirus, and you want America to join it?

Interesting.

So what part of "one of the MANY reasons" do you not get?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:50 - Oct 9 with 828 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:49 - Oct 9 by DJack

So what part of "one of the MANY reasons" do you not get?

All of it, it’s not any kind of reason let alone one of many.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:59 - Oct 9 with 823 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:37 - Oct 9 by Dr_Parnassus

You said that after I replied...

and no, that’s not why they donate.

I understand it’s a political thread... but there is no debate coming from you here. You are posting link after link after link after link to random things, as soon as you get a counter, you don’t address it and move on to the next link. I can’t think of any other thread or topic where someone does this?

You must have posted close to 50 links now?! Pretty much none have been in keeping with the discussion at the time.

Can’t you just debate your thoughts using your own words, if we don’t believe a certain thing we can then ask for a source. But dumping a link in place of debate is what uninformed leftists do to avoid debate and cover up their lack of knowledge on a subject (by the way I’m not directing that at you just saying the behaviour is similar).

Take KilkennyJack for example. That’s what he does. Don’t be like Kilk.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 23:39]

No problems. Usually your typing is VERY RAPID so in this instance I was a little ahead.

Aye it is a political thread (yeuch!) and it is also a thread in the future of the western powerhouse and the effects thereof. It is not a debating society so I'm not bound to debate things with you.

I can imagine your frustration with this as you love a good ding-dong but I'm falling out of love with it and I think the Syria and the Skripals threads just wore me out so I prefer a little guerrilla warfare .

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:06 - Oct 10 with 818 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:59 - Oct 9 by DJack

No problems. Usually your typing is VERY RAPID so in this instance I was a little ahead.

Aye it is a political thread (yeuch!) and it is also a thread in the future of the western powerhouse and the effects thereof. It is not a debating society so I'm not bound to debate things with you.

I can imagine your frustration with this as you love a good ding-dong but I'm falling out of love with it and I think the Syria and the Skripals threads just wore me out so I prefer a little guerrilla warfare .

It’s not frustrating, it’s just a little bizarre. I don’t get it.

If you are posting on this thread then surely discussion is what you want? I just don’t see the point in posting dozens of links. In the last 5 pages you have posted 23 links to various random pieces, yet don’t seem to want to discuss any of them?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:22 - Oct 10 with 814 viewsDJack

As to "You must have posted close to 50 links now?!" and commenting on me using CNN, these are the links I've used in the thread...

ap news x1

bbc x1

breibart x1

businessinsider.com x1

cnn x3

daily mail x3

facebook t's & c's x1

fivethirtyeight x1

forbes x1

theguardian x2

huffingtonpost x1

A Kelly Loeffler twitter post

mediabiasfactcheck x1

nationalgeographic x1

newsweek x1

nytimes x2

outsideonline x1

politico x2

reuters x1

Survey usa x1

time x1

usatoday x1

vanityfair x1

washingtonpost x1

wiley online library x1

x32 links (some in reply) about the situation in America/election related with the Daily Mail and CNN at a tie for most links... three each

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:24 - Oct 10 with 814 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:06 - Oct 10 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not frustrating, it’s just a little bizarre. I don’t get it.

If you are posting on this thread then surely discussion is what you want? I just don’t see the point in posting dozens of links. In the last 5 pages you have posted 23 links to various random pieces, yet don’t seem to want to discuss any of them?

As I've said I'm tired of it BUT I wont let it be one sided. I post so others can garner information germane to the thread and not just be stuck in a siloh of a thread.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:28 - Oct 10 with 810 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:24 - Oct 10 by DJack

As I've said I'm tired of it BUT I wont let it be one sided. I post so others can garner information germane to the thread and not just be stuck in a siloh of a thread.

Tired of what?

Posting links to biased sites isn’t really helping the other side. There are others on here that are for the Democrats who are perfectly able to state the opposite view without having to dump dozens and dozens of links without context or discussion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024