Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 169402 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:45 - Oct 25 with 1153 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He is so far gone "he" didn't mean anything, his handlers meant for it to be anti fraud but as Obama said about Joe if anyone can f it up he can and will.
They say it but the data proves otherwise.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:04 - Oct 25 with 1132 viewschad

We have put together the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organisation in the history of American politics

Wonder if that includes South America?

You know if Trump had said anything like that he would have been torn apart.

Look at the the furore that Trump was supposed to have suggested people should be injected with bleach. Repeatedly quoted on here, such was it imprinted onto people’s minds.

He never even mentioned bleach and in fact was talking directly to a senior science manager (who had just given a presentation about SARS-CoV-2 virus survival) about prospects for research, noting how disinfectant quickly kills the virus and if they could ‘look into’ injecting ‘something ‘like that’.

Interesting no such furore when it was announced in France how smoking seems to heavily protect people from COVID. Nor when the renowned Pasteur Institute initiated research into that. Yet smoking is a massive killer.

Or that presumably our / EU rules allow the regular use of the like of Dettol spray (other brands available) which is currently flying off the shelves and the inhaled fumes from the spray of which, research has linked to similar damage to the lungs as heavy smoking. So it seems millions in Europe are actually allowed to self medicate their lungs with disinfectant with full approval of the EU.

Biden finally manages to spit out a clear statement and this is what he comes out with. What is apparent is the poor bloke stuttering away there looks totally out of his depth and like he is being used as a facade
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:45 - Oct 25 with 1119 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:04 - Oct 25 by chad

We have put together the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organisation in the history of American politics

Wonder if that includes South America?

You know if Trump had said anything like that he would have been torn apart.

Look at the the furore that Trump was supposed to have suggested people should be injected with bleach. Repeatedly quoted on here, such was it imprinted onto people’s minds.

He never even mentioned bleach and in fact was talking directly to a senior science manager (who had just given a presentation about SARS-CoV-2 virus survival) about prospects for research, noting how disinfectant quickly kills the virus and if they could ‘look into’ injecting ‘something ‘like that’.

Interesting no such furore when it was announced in France how smoking seems to heavily protect people from COVID. Nor when the renowned Pasteur Institute initiated research into that. Yet smoking is a massive killer.

Or that presumably our / EU rules allow the regular use of the like of Dettol spray (other brands available) which is currently flying off the shelves and the inhaled fumes from the spray of which, research has linked to similar damage to the lungs as heavy smoking. So it seems millions in Europe are actually allowed to self medicate their lungs with disinfectant with full approval of the EU.

Biden finally manages to spit out a clear statement and this is what he comes out with. What is apparent is the poor bloke stuttering away there looks totally out of his depth and like he is being used as a facade

Trump regularly uses hyperbole as a technique to get his points across. If he’d have said that sentence, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Biden doesn’t do much for me, best of a poor choice but the fact he got through two long debates without making a fool of himself should put question of his mental capacity largely to bed.

The stutter is what it is and quite frankly should be warn as a badge of honour. WeaponisIng it won’t change minds on either side.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:03 - Oct 25 with 1109 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:45 - Oct 25 by Gwyn737

Trump regularly uses hyperbole as a technique to get his points across. If he’d have said that sentence, nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Biden doesn’t do much for me, best of a poor choice but the fact he got through two long debates without making a fool of himself should put question of his mental capacity largely to bed.

The stutter is what it is and quite frankly should be warn as a badge of honour. WeaponisIng it won’t change minds on either side.

Trump is regularly pulled up on what he says, he was crucified over that faux ‘bleach’ story. In fact so ingrained is it in the public psyche, that on a very recent ITV documentary, the presenter quoted it to a Trump supporter, and when she pointed out he did not say that, the presenter insisted he did. Go figure, but no mention of that in your reply.

Weaponising the stutter, wearing it as a badge of honour. Come on. Will it be weaponising of crucifixion next.

It is quite clear from the times he is speaking coherently that he does not suffer from a stutter.

It can be seen from the video he is confused / shuffling through papers and not quite sure about what he is meant to say. It is not an impediment of speech, and pretending I was mocking people who genuinely suffer from a stutter does you no credit.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:07 - Oct 25 with 1106 viewsItchySphincter

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 13:45 - Oct 25 by Gwyn737

Biden is only there as the democratic candidate. They couldn’t stomach Sanders so Biden was the most realistic choice. He’s only there to try to get them over the line and it’s unlikely he’ll serve the term. This right left thing is nonsense when it comes to American politics as there’s a fair chance that Biden could be more conservative than Trump but less authoritarian.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:16 - Oct 25 with 1102 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:50 - Oct 25 by chad

So is he allowed a credit card yet?

Or has it been established he has never been declared bankrupt at all?

Morning Chad, I see that you are ignoring the context of the discussion...

DrP posted"He has been in politics for 47 years and Vice President for 8 of them."

And I essentially replied that one has served his nation for many years and the other has been a businessman with multiple business failures.

My point stands no matter how much you try to split hairs.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:18 - Oct 25 with 1100 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:03 - Oct 25 by chad

Trump is regularly pulled up on what he says, he was crucified over that faux ‘bleach’ story. In fact so ingrained is it in the public psyche, that on a very recent ITV documentary, the presenter quoted it to a Trump supporter, and when she pointed out he did not say that, the presenter insisted he did. Go figure, but no mention of that in your reply.

Weaponising the stutter, wearing it as a badge of honour. Come on. Will it be weaponising of crucifixion next.

It is quite clear from the times he is speaking coherently that he does not suffer from a stutter.

It can be seen from the video he is confused / shuffling through papers and not quite sure about what he is meant to say. It is not an impediment of speech, and pretending I was mocking people who genuinely suffer from a stutter does you no credit.

My stutter comment wasn’t meant as a barb at you per se, bit I do think it’s impressive that anyone has over come one. Do you think he’s faking it?

As for the bleach story, you’re right that he only ever used the word disinfectant. However, you’ve presented it as a cleverly thought out comment based on science. If that was the case, why did trump latterly claim he was “being sarcastic”.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:18 - Oct 25 with 1099 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:16 - Oct 25 by DJack

DrP posted"He has been in politics for 47 years and Vice President for 8 of them."

And I essentially replied that one has served his nation for many years and the other has been a businessman with multiple business failures.

"that one has served his nation for many years"
Let me correct that for you
"that one has served himself to his nation's cash for many years"

There you go.
Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:19 - Oct 25 with 1099 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:07 - Oct 25 by ItchySphincter

Biden is only there as the democratic candidate. They couldn’t stomach Sanders so Biden was the most realistic choice. He’s only there to try to get them over the line and it’s unlikely he’ll serve the term. This right left thing is nonsense when it comes to American politics as there’s a fair chance that Biden could be more conservative than Trump but less authoritarian.

Agree with you, Itch.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 18:53 - Oct 25 with 1063 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:19 - Oct 25 by Gwyn737

Agree with you, Itch.

You jest surely?
Anyone that is for the Green New Deal is anything but conservative.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:56 - Oct 25 with 1047 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:03 - Oct 25 by chad

Bang on.

Look at the “fine people” hoax that is repeated by dishonest journalists and Joe himself regularly. Yet the full video and manuscript is readily available to all. They ignore the facts and the context because it’s better for their false narrative.

As for the poster that said Biden got through two debates without making a fool of himself. He had two allies that wrote the questions and he still managed to make massive glaring errors. Stating he was against the Green Deal when his website said he was all for it, he said he was not going to ban fracking and never said it... when he has been banging on about banning it for years and for some odd reason said he was going to end the oil industry.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:07 - Oct 25 with 1040 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 19:56 - Oct 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Bang on.

Look at the “fine people” hoax that is repeated by dishonest journalists and Joe himself regularly. Yet the full video and manuscript is readily available to all. They ignore the facts and the context because it’s better for their false narrative.

As for the poster that said Biden got through two debates without making a fool of himself. He had two allies that wrote the questions and he still managed to make massive glaring errors. Stating he was against the Green Deal when his website said he was all for it, he said he was not going to ban fracking and never said it... when he has been banging on about banning it for years and for some odd reason said he was going to end the oil industry.

I said he made it through the debates and he did.

You even said that that he shaded the first one! Not bad for someone who if you believed some on here suffers so baldly from dementia he wouldn’t be able to string a sentence together.

Then before the second debate the same posters wrote it off as it was going to be so unfair. Low and behold when trump performed well it was all fine.

Anyhow, it’s incredible that Harris has now been deployed to Texas as they believe the Dems have a chance (however slim) of winning. The fact that their even in the race is remarkable.

I was nervous a couple of weeks ago but I think Biden will win now. I’ve done a lot of reading around the polling adjustments this time around and I reckon they’re more accurate this time.

If they’re nor then pollsters might as well give up!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 20:24]
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:02 - Oct 25 with 1009 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:07 - Oct 25 by Gwyn737

You even said that that he shaded the first one! Not bad for someone who if you believed some on here suffers so baldly from dementia he wouldn’t be able to string a sentence together.

Then before the second debate the same posters wrote it off as it was going to be so unfair. Low and behold when trump performed well it was all fine.

Anyhow, it’s incredible that Harris has now been deployed to Texas as they believe the Dems have a chance (however slim) of winning. The fact that their even in the race is remarkable.

I was nervous a couple of weeks ago but I think Biden will win now. I’ve done a lot of reading around the polling adjustments this time around and I reckon they’re more accurate this time.

The only way they should be able to win is if they can get away with voter fraud with postal votes.
There have already been thousands of incorrect voting slips sent out that we know about.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:12 - Oct 25 with 1004 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:07 - Oct 25 by Gwyn737

Well yeah of course he did, it was very unlikely he was going to die up there. But to say he got through them unscathed or making a fool of himself isn’t accurate, he put his party in a whole load of strife who had to scramble to rescue him and limit the damage due to what he was coming out with.

He shaded the first one yes, but that was not down to him. That was down to Chris Wallace, he debated Trump that night not Biden. He protected Biden throughout and refuses to push him on his refusal to answer questions and then interjected when Trump did it for him. Trump also let Joe off the hook because he was on more than a few occasions going to absolutely put his foot in it and Trump interrupted him to press him on what Wallace refused to.

Having a raging Democratic moderator isn’t obviously going to raise concern. Especially after the Wallace debacle and the way the second moderator had to be scrapped for his clear anti Trump agenda online (which he claimed to be hacked before admitting he wasn’t) and then replaced with another, who has close ties to Hillary. Within 20-30 mins of the 90 minute debate I posted saying “she is performing well in fairness”. It has nothing to do with Trumps performance it was everything to do with her fairness. She still framed questions very badly intentionally but on the whole it was far better than many were expecting from her.

The polls involving Trump are never accurate. They weren’t last time and they certainly won’t be this time. I had to laugh when I read the other Swans site and they are all raging lefties calling anyone who supports the President a racist. That’s not a minority opinion either, is the craziest opinion and held by many, the media have driven the social connotation to such an extent that people aren’t going to be honest when asked by pollsters.

That’s why the polls were incredibly off last time and that’s why they will be again, to an even further extent because that ridiculous narrative has ramped up.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 23:13]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:30 - Oct 25 with 997 viewsKilkennyjack

Game over.

Biden wins 🇺🇸✊🏾😷

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:33 - Oct 25 with 996 viewschad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 14:16 - Oct 25 by DJack

No you said he had ‘been declared bankrupt 5/6 times’

That is false, it is not splitting hairs, what you said was incorrect.

I think it better we deal with accurate information, and don’t just make it up as we go along.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:36 - Oct 25 with 991 viewsmajorraglan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:30 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

Game over.

Biden wins 🇺🇸✊🏾😷

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings, we’ve seen pollsters get it wrong before now. Trump has a chance, there’s a lot of politics between now and polling day.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:26 - Oct 26 with 971 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:33 - Oct 25 by chad

No you said he had ‘been declared bankrupt 5/6 times’

That is false, it is not splitting hairs, what you said was incorrect.

I think it better we deal with accurate information, and don’t just make it up as we go along.

I tried explaining to him the absolutely gigantic difference between what he stated was the case and what the actual case was - but he said I was being pedantic.

Leave him to his solo quest (well I’m sure Kilk will be in tow). I see he proclaimed his challenge on the other forum where they were all in meltdown calling us racists and whatever other divisive bile they could think of.

Amusing... but also a little unhinged to want to control other people’s political views that they are able to explain and reason perfectly well by resorting to calling them names and ridiculous pejoratives due to a lack of being able to counter the media driven hoaxes and intentional public misconceptions.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:42 - Oct 26 with 970 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:26 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I tried explaining to him the absolutely gigantic difference between what he stated was the case and what the actual case was - but he said I was being pedantic.

Leave him to his solo quest (well I’m sure Kilk will be in tow). I see he proclaimed his challenge on the other forum where they were all in meltdown calling us racists and whatever other divisive bile they could think of.

Amusing... but also a little unhinged to want to control other people’s political views that they are able to explain and reason perfectly well by resorting to calling them names and ridiculous pejoratives due to a lack of being able to counter the media driven hoaxes and intentional public misconceptions.

What I said on the other board is that I wil not let you post your shit unchallenged. I didn't call you racist did and I saw no meltdown.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:46 - Oct 26 with 969 viewsDJack

Trump's Buddy is starting to distance himself...

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Putin was responding to comments made by Trump during televised debates with Democratic challenger Joe Biden ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

Trump, who is trailing in opinion polls, has used the debates to make accusations that Biden and his son Hunter engaged in unethical practices in Ukraine. No evidence has been verified to support the allegations, and Joe Biden has called them false and discredited.

Putin, who has praised Trump in the past for saying he wanted better ties with Moscow, has said Russia will work with any U.S. leader, while noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has a business, I don’t know. It doesn’t concern us. It concerns the Americans and the Ukrainians,” said Putin.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”

Putin also reacted with visible irritation when asked about comments Trump has made concerning Putin’s ties to the former mayor of Moscow, and to an alleged payment made to Hunter Biden by the ex-mayor’s widow. Putin said he knew nothing about the existence of any commercial relationship between Hunter and the woman. Joe Biden says the accusation about his son is not true.

U.S. intelligence agencies concluded that Russia tried to interfere in the 2016 U.S. presidential election to tilt the contest in Trump’s favour, an allegation Moscow has denied. Russia has also dismissed accusations by U.S. intelligence agencies of trying to interfere with this year’s election too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-putin/putin-rejects-donald-trump

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:50 - Oct 26 with 965 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:42 - Oct 26 by DJack

What I said on the other board is that I wil not let you post your shit unchallenged. I didn't call you racist did and I saw no meltdown.

There were plenty of meltdowns there.

In order for it to be “s*it” and in order for you to “challenge” it, you would need to start telling me where I am incorrect.

Posting unrelated links is your MO on here, nothing more. That is not doing what you appear to claim.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:33 - Oct 26 with 934 viewsDr_Parnassus

I see AceJack is still frothing at the mouth and Ebo making up complete fantasies.

AJ just said the proud boys where a “white supremacist” group which is proof that Trump is a racist... you know, the group with a black leader and a multi racial following. The lack of knowledge on the other thread on that forum is terrifyingly mind blowing.

“The professor” pretending the “losers and suckers” story had any sort of an impact (zero move in the market) and suggesting there is more evidence of that (none) than Biden’s laptop (104% market move with named corroborating witnesses and tangible email evidence).

If it wasn’t so tragic it would be funny. Completely and utterly brainwashed. Shame.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 7:35]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:51 - Oct 26 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Those Russians at it again, creating robots to make them appear to be Hunter Biden. Then sending them to China.

Or you know... they were just on his laptop.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:44 - Oct 26 with 905 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 07:51 - Oct 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Those Russians at it again, creating robots to make them appear to be Hunter Biden. Then sending them to China.

Or you know... they were just on his laptop.

Surely the bigger story is Russia and China trying to influence an election outcome?

They mess about with both sides so it could be said to be more destabilising than championing one lot.

Anyway, I don’t think the Hunter Biden stories are changing many minds whoever are publishing them.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 887 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 09:44 - Oct 26 by Gwyn737

Surely the bigger story is Russia and China trying to influence an election outcome?

They mess about with both sides so it could be said to be more destabilising than championing one lot.

Anyway, I don’t think the Hunter Biden stories are changing many minds whoever are publishing them.

By reporting the truth? Surely that isn’t influencing it, the influencing in this scenario would be the media that is not reporting it, wouldn’t it?

Selective reporting has been rife in this election and all media has been guilty of it, but as the media (including social media) is dominated by the left we have seen it in huge quantities for the Democrats.

From the riots being portrayed as peaceful, to BLM and ANTIFA being portrayed as virtuous and then the likes of the Proud boys being painted as white supremacists and hoaxes allowed to run free like the “fine people” nonsense and the “suckers” rubbish.

The Biden revelations have certainly had an impact we saw 104% change in the market which is driven by people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024