Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A New (re)Signing 20:25 - Oct 9 with 1425 viewsAndyCole

If I were Winter I would trade smartly. Good vfm, someone who could slot in seamlessly, know our dna. Help us to the next level.

Who would it be ? Who would we like to see return ?
- CH for Joe - Ashley / Wilmot / (CCV ?)
- Borini
- Pablo
- Llorente

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A New (re)Signing on 20:32 - Oct 9 with 1415 viewsKeithHaynes

Needs to listen to his player recruitment officer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A New (re)Signing on 20:38 - Oct 9 with 1408 viewsAndyCole

A New (re)Signing on 20:32 - Oct 9 by KeithHaynes

Needs to listen to his player recruitment officer.

Ha, that's the easy option and us fans wouldn't enjoy the speculation chatter of :
- Who Would We Resign Right Now ?

A Friday night puzzle, with some meat on the bones I reckon.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A New (re)Signing on 21:14 - Oct 9 with 1373 viewsMartinSwan

Well none of the above. I'd rather we find some new talent
A New (re)Signing on 23:14 - Oct 9 with 1326 viewsAndyCole

A New (re)Signing on 21:14 - Oct 9 by MartinSwan

Well none of the above. I'd rather we find some new talent

Yes that's as maybe, but if the speculation is true, who should be re-signed is the question.

You seem to be informed. If we had re-signed somebody, who would it be ?

A New (re)Signing on 00:29 - Oct 10 with 1297 viewsDJack

A New (re)Signing on 23:14 - Oct 9 by AndyCole

Yes that's as maybe, but if the speculation is true, who should be re-signed is the question.

A CH and LLorente.

Edit ...to say I should have said CH for joe is obvious and Llorente would do well with the rejuvinated (wingback roled) Bidwell and his crosses.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 0:35]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A New (re)Signing on 08:51 - Oct 10 with 1227 viewsBillyChong

Ashley Williams is the last player these lot would be looking at. Strong character, old, would want a few quid in his wages, no sell on value etc.
A New (re)Signing on 09:43 - Oct 10 with 1215 viewsMartinSwan

A New (re)Signing on 23:14 - Oct 9 by AndyCole

Ok, Llorente for his ability, but it’s a few years now, so time weighs heavily at the end of careers. So if he was at that level, yes.

Ben Wilmot is a CB I would take back.

The others are similar to Llorente but without his ability.

One player not on your list I would take back is Fabianski
A New (re)Signing on 09:53 - Oct 10 with 1209 viewsWhiterockin

What is the obsession with resigning ex players?
Login to get fewer ads

A New (re)Signing on 12:49 - Oct 10 with 1151 viewsReslovenSwan1

A New (re)Signing on 09:53 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

What is the obsession with resigning ex players?

They are all looking for a final payday. It would only be worthwhile if they and the club saw philosphical benefits and an on going coaching or management interest as was perceieved with Leon Bitton and possibly now Wayne Routledge. They would obviously want to settle in Swansea.

Any player wanting to step into maanagement should do a course first to prove the natural apptitude and genuine interest. Imagine a Llorente /Pablo in the boardroom on top of data, and spreadsheets and outstanding contacts in Italy, Spain and UK. He could pick up a phone to any European team manager to discuss a player and bend a few arms in several languges.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 12:50]

Wise sage since Toshack era

A New (re)Signing on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 1136 viewsThornburyswan

Your logic fell apart for me when you linked Winter & the next level.
A New (re)Signing on 13:31 - Oct 10 with 1117 viewsReslovenSwan1

A New (re)Signing on 13:09 - Oct 10 by Thornburyswan

What does the 'next level' mean? It is a well establish fan whinge. But you promised "the next level ".

Wolverhampton Wanderers appear to have moved to the next level. This is based on having first dibs on all the best talent via agents and looks a bit dodgey to me. If a few agents control the best players and work together they can decide who wins the Premier league title and can fix their fees. They can also put the squeaze on the super rich like Manchester Utd by blocking sales to them unless they pay up. Dortmunt may also be agent controlled. Three players Man Utd want signed for Dortmund first. This makes litle sense unless the player and agent get a big cut of the Manchester Utd transfer fee. Sancho Haarland and Bellingham.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:45]

Wise sage since Toshack era

A New (re)Signing on 13:51 - Oct 10 with 1100 viewsNeath_Jack

Bonkers thread

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A New (re)Signing on 17:24 - Oct 10 with 1048 viewsBadlands

Not sure we could afford any of the above mentioned.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

A New (re)Signing on 18:10 - Oct 10 with 1021 viewsBillyChong

A New (re)Signing on 13:31 - Oct 10 by ReslovenSwan1

What does the 'next level' mean? It is a well establish fan whinge. But you promised "the next level ".

Wolverhampton Wanderers appear to have moved to the next level. This is based on having first dibs on all the best talent via agents and looks a bit dodgey to me. If a few agents control the best players and work together they can decide who wins the Premier league title and can fix their fees. They can also put the squeaze on the super rich like Manchester Utd by blocking sales to them unless they pay up. Dortmunt may also be agent controlled. Three players Man Utd want signed for Dortmund first. This makes litle sense unless the player and agent get a big cut of the Manchester Utd transfer fee. Sancho Haarland and Bellingham.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 13:45]

You’ve got a point, when Huw said ‘next level’ we all assumed be meant the next level up from where we were. Maybe he meant the next level down, who knows.
A New (re)Signing on 09:59 - Oct 17 with 768 viewsAndyCole

A New (re)Signing on 13:09 - Oct 10 by Thornburyswan

Couldn't resist. Winter seems to be delivering, fair play.

Let's see if he can re-sign Borini from the list of hot prospects.

Borini would fit perfectly, in so many ways for us and him right now. Go get him J

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024