Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore 22:50 - Nov 3 with 1882 viewsSwansIndependent

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore 3rd Nov 2020 22:47
Swansea had a stoppage-time effort ruled out as Brentford took a share of the points in an intriguing 1-1 Sky Bet Championship draw. Referee Steve Martin took centre stage when the last touch of the game gave the swans the three points, but once again Swansea found themselves on the end of another bizarre away referee decision. Thats four points snatched away from Swansea in the last minutes of an away game in two outings. 0

That's four points lost in two games down to questionable referee decisions.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:07 - Nov 3 with 1329 viewsKeithHaynes

Disgusted.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:41 - Nov 3 with 1293 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I think you find it is the assistant referee who flags for offside.
Ayew was standing offside as the free kick was taken he has only himself to blame.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:41 - Nov 3 with 1291 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:07 - Nov 3 by KeithHaynes

Disgusted.

Why?

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:49 - Nov 3 with 1283 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:41 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Why?

I've seen fifteen Reuters pictures, he was onside. like he was when he headed the winning goal.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:51 - Nov 3 with 1278 viewsonehunglow

So there you go felix.

Ref was appalling all night and players were falling over like paper cups including ours .

It stopped our flow at times and we really could have put that game to bed and shafted Mr Franks and his camel gob

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:53 - Nov 3 with 1273 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:51 - Nov 3 by onehunglow

So there you go felix.

Ref was appalling all night and players were falling over like paper cups including ours .

It stopped our flow at times and we really could have put that game to bed and shafted Mr Franks and his camel gob

he blew up at every tackle, twice when we were through. Incompetence is the best I can say.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:57 - Nov 3 with 1268 viewsonehunglow

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:53 - Nov 3 by KeithHaynes

he blew up at every tackle, twice when we were through. Incompetence is the best I can say.

I had a late dinner due to circs you are aware of here .Im not a great cook and my reheated beef casserole might be why my gut is churning around. Either that or that jerk is the root cause.

I spilt a glass of half decent Rioja at full time and got pretty cross and missed dessert.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 00:00 - Nov 4 with 1263 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:57 - Nov 3 by onehunglow

I had a late dinner due to circs you are aware of here .Im not a great cook and my reheated beef casserole might be why my gut is churning around. Either that or that jerk is the root cause.

I spilt a glass of half decent Rioja at full time and got pretty cross and missed dessert.

perfect, you should write a book :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 00:06 - Nov 4 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

It is under consideration .

Some effluent would fly for sure.

It is something that I need to address one way or the other.

I think I have a book in me on popular music from 1954 really,when Elvis came along with That's alright mama,a song that still resonates -I think that was the genesis of what we know as pop music.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 07:42 - Nov 4 with 1161 viewsBoundy

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 00:00 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

perfect, you should write a book :-)

I just thought I'd read one

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 07:54 - Nov 4 with 1150 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:53 - Nov 3 by KeithHaynes

I think he knows a lot more about refereeing than you will ever do.
The only people to blame are their goal keeper for great saves and Ayew for standing offside.

Can blame the referee for booking 3 home players and no away players despite our team committing 17 fouls. We need to cut down silly fouls.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 08:51 - Nov 4 with 1116 views34dfgdf54

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 07:54 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

The only people to blame are their goal keeper for great saves and Ayew for standing offside.

Can blame the referee for booking 3 home players and no away players despite our team committing 17 fouls. We need to cut down silly fouls.

So on that basis any footballer who plays poorly can't get criticised?

The ref was a disgrace last night, simple as that. That's not even bringing the offside into it.
Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 08:59 - Nov 4 with 1108 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 08:51 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

The ref was a disgrace last night, simple as that. That's not even bringing the offside into it.

I do see his point though. We gave far better than we got . Niggled them all game which for me is fantastic . No pushovers ever get promoted and we’ve got a good controlled aggression about us now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:09 - Nov 4 with 1097 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 07:54 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

Ayew wasn’t offside.
As for knowledge of refereeing, based on that presumption nobody will ever have an opinion on any subject matter again because somebody else knows more. The referee was poor and once again was responsible for determining the result of the game.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:17 - Nov 4 with 1086 views34dfgdf54

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:09 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Ayew wasn’t offside.
As for knowledge of refereeing, based on that presumption nobody will ever have an opinion on any subject matter again because somebody else knows more. The referee was poor and once again was responsible for determining the result of the game.

He was offside Keith. I've gone as far as stopping it on the exact moment Connor made contact with the ball as I was fuming last night

He's a good yard off unfortunately
Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:19 - Nov 4 with 1078 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:17 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

He was offside Keith. I've gone as far as stopping it on the exact moment Connor made contact with the ball as I was fuming last night

He's a good yard off unfortunately

As my knowledge of these matters is limited, I’m sticking to my guns, your tv is obviously wonky 😂

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:24 - Nov 4 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

Here's a tip Felix.
Try accepting that there are ,in the world,people who see things different to you.

Here we are talking football involving individuals who get well paid for playing for our football club. Now that might be enough for some to drool down their chins in wonder of them but some like me they are merely there to earn a living and give me a little joy.

If they don't I come on here and say it.

I have little doubt players care little about what is posted on this site but Im damned if someone like you is going to stop me commenting as a see it. I have no insultedor abused any player personally unlike those who are and have done with Garry Monk who has received incredible bile on here. Maybe you feel it is justified .

As it is,Woodman ,as I see it ,is pretty woeful and his indecision is there for all to see and his defenders have to cover for him.It is an issue for SC to sort out.

As for praising players, if we simply offer them praise then what a dumbass place this would be.

Now ,enjoy your day.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:41 - Nov 4 with 1013 viewsNotLoyal

I would take what Keith says, or an informed opinion regardless of my own personal stance, and wouldn't be as rude to respond with the garbage you have.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 10:43]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:57 - Nov 4 with 1002 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:41 - Nov 4 by NotLoyal

I would take what Keith says, or an informed opinion regardless of my own personal stance, and wouldn't be as rude to respond with the garbage you have.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 10:43]

Nothing rude in my response it is all factually correct and an informed opinion.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:58 - Nov 4 with 1000 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 23:49 - Nov 3 by KeithHaynes

I've seen fifteen Reuters pictures, he was onside. like he was when he headed the winning goal.

Strange all the TV pictures show him at least 1 yard offside when ball was kicked.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:01 - Nov 4 with 998 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 08:51 - Nov 4 by 34dfgdf54

Yes you can criticise player and official as you wish but just saying every referee we get is useless is just being one eyed and biased.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:05 - Nov 4 with 994 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 09:24 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Here's a tip Felix.
Try accepting that there are ,in the world,people who see things different to you.

Here we are talking football involving individuals who get well paid for playing for our football club. Now that might be enough for some to drool down their chins in wonder of them but some like me they are merely there to earn a living and give me a little joy.

If they don't I come on here and say it.

I have little doubt players care little about what is posted on this site but Im damned if someone like you is going to stop me commenting as a see it. I have no insultedor abused any player personally unlike those who are and have done with Garry Monk who has received incredible bile on here. Maybe you feel it is justified .

As it is,Woodman ,as I see it ,is pretty woeful and his indecision is there for all to see and his defenders have to cover for him.It is an issue for SC to sort out.

As for praising players, if we simply offer them praise then what a dumbass place this would be.

Now ,enjoy your day.

Yes we do see things differently does not mean you are right or wrong you are free to say what you like.

I thought the whole team played well last night and none of our players badly. I just like to be fair and support our team as I have done so far this season. I just object to some of our so called supporters for getting on individuals back for no reason other than they dont seem to like them

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:11 - Nov 4 with 987 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:58 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

Strange all the TV pictures show him at least 1 yard offside when ball was kicked.

Impossible to tell from the tv pictures, line markings etc, as you can see from the picture on here Ayew is shown to be onside. Which is about as good as any tv picture, although I will agree I'm not a qualified photographer so others may know more.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 977 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:11 - Nov 4 by KeithHaynes

Impossible to tell from the tv pictures, line markings etc, as you can see from the picture on here Ayew is shown to be onside. Which is about as good as any tv picture, although I will agree I'm not a qualified photographer so others may know more.

The only picture on here is the one when he is heading the ball. Offside is judged from when the free kick is taken.
Clearly not a bizarre decision when the referee blows his whistle after the assistant referee flags for offside.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 11:16 - Nov 4 with 975 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore on 10:58 - Nov 4 by felixstowe_jack

Impossible to tell from the tv pictures, line markings etc, as you can see from the picture on here Ayew is shown to be onside. I realise it’s when the ball is kicked, however, this is my proof. Which is about as good as any tv picture, although I will agree I'm not a qualified photographer so others may know more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024