Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time-wasting tactics 17:57 - Dec 3 with 1806 viewsTenbySwan

I recorded the game last night on the red button and watched it later on.
Ideally it would have been without knowing the score but unfortunately saw the club ft post on Facebook!

Knowing the score i think the time wasting tactics of Boro were all the more noticeable.
At least 30s for a throw in often more.
A player would go to take it and then walk away taking ages for another to come along.

Always kicking the ball a little bit further away.when there was a free kick.

Picking the ball up and walking away with it then throwing it back always over or under throwing it.

Goalie always taking at least a minute for goal.kicks, walking past a spare ball to get the one that went out. Walking around the net and to the other side of the goal, feigning to take it short then sending everyone away.

Free kick in their own half player goes to take it then walks away and calls goalie, another minute gone.

I reckon they wasted at least 10 minutes in the second half.

The commentator mentioned that Colin fined players £20 every time they didn't follow 'tactics' always.

I think the above would fit into that category.

Its time it was stamped out and I can safely say I am very grateful we don't have to watch that every week
Time-wasting tactics on 18:00 - Dec 3 with 1795 viewsonehunglow

We waste time all the time.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time-wasting tactics on 18:02 - Dec 3 with 1788 viewsswancity

Yes I noticed it as well

It was quite obvious even at 1-0 early in the 2nd half that they slowed it right down. Even when they had a corner it took an age to take it, the ref could have intervened and should have as it was clear time wasting and a bookable offence but it’s a gamble that could also have back fired
It was a frustrating tactic and one that is rarely used so early in a game but that’s Warnock for you ...,

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Time-wasting tactics on 18:06 - Dec 3 with 1780 viewsonehunglow

This is where an astute manager comes in;that which we do not have.

We cannot counter the likes of Warnock and Pulis as they are head workers but clever and good at their job.

Warnock has rescued Boro singlehandedly and if we had won using Boro tactics,nothing would be said.

Why does Woodman take an age to kick a ball especially when the result is a throw in to the opposition. Woodman was booked for wasting time recently as we were hanging on -again.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time-wasting tactics on 18:08 - Dec 3 with 1779 viewsswancity

Time-wasting tactics on 18:06 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

We cannot counter the likes of Warnock and Pulis as they are head workers but clever and good at their job.

Warnock has rescued Boro singlehandedly and if we had won using Boro tactics,nothing would be said.

Why does Woodman take an age to kick a ball especially when the result is a throw in to the opposition. Woodman was booked for wasting time recently as we were hanging on -again.

God you’re boring 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Time-wasting tactics on 18:12 - Dec 3 with 1778 viewsAndyCole

Canny tactics by the wily ol' goat. Knows how to grind out a win, grind down the opposition into a) making frustrated tackles (Fulton), b) Ayew was marginalised and cut a frustrated figure desperately trying to get the ball back in play; and grind down the fans eventually when they see the wood for the trees.

Cooper will have learned massively from that and Pulis.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Time-wasting tactics on 18:15 - Dec 3 with 1771 viewstylagarwjack

We've tended to struggle against managers who put out really hard working or well organised teams (Allardyce, Pulis (away from home), Warnock, O'Neill (Martin)), and going further back the likes of Gary Johnson, maybe Michael O'Neill is the next one (hope not), particularly as Stoke are not our favourite opponents anyway.

We all know what you're going to get from a Colin W**ker team, which is usually one which is very well organised, and shows great commitment, and which pushes the rules to the limits, particularly when defending a lead.

It may not be great to watch for fans of whichever team he is managing but he has got results down the years, even if he never quite cut it in the Prem, and I for one don't ever look forward to a game against one of his teams. Even if we do win (which isn't that often) then we've usually been in one huge battle to do so.

I was hoping once he left Cardiff he would retire but no such luck (such is his passion for the game, which, like him or not, you have to admire given that he is now over 70 years old)!

Last night was disappointing but not that unexpected and two away games in four days is tough, especially when you have Warnock waiting for you at the end of the second long trip!

At least we don't have to wait long to have a chance to bounce back.
Time-wasting tactics on 18:28 - Dec 3 with 1748 viewsAndyCole

Time-wasting tactics on 18:06 - Dec 3 by onehunglow

Astute streetfighters become astute after a few bashings. I doubt whether Warnock nor Pulis were as canny in their first years of senior football management. Nor whether they were as adept at securing some of the best young talent and securing a playoff place against all odds, and kicking on the following season on an upward trajectory.

Too easy to bash and lose perspective when some fans are only happy when we're either Prem league or spending big.

Bigger picture shows Cooper has massive shoes to fill on a relative shoestring. He ain't perfect by any stretch but would far rather watch us try and do it right than adopt the tired cookie cutter Warnock/Pulis model.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Time-wasting tactics on 11:14 - Dec 4 with 1608 viewsvetchonian

Time-wasting tactics on 18:28 - Dec 3 by AndyCole

Astute streetfighters become astute after a few bashings. I doubt whether Warnock nor Pulis were as canny in their first years of senior football management. Nor whether they were as adept at securing some of the best young talent and securing a playoff place against all odds, and kicking on the following season on an upward trajectory.

Too easy to bash and lose perspective when some fans are only happy when we're either Prem league or spending big.

Bigger picture shows Cooper has massive shoes to fill on a relative shoestring. He ain't perfect by any stretch but would far rather watch us try and do it right than adopt the tired cookie cutter Warnock/Pulis model.

Agree rookie manager gets outwitted by seasoned manager with over 10 times the amount of experience that our manager has yet sections of our fan base "delight" in bashing our manager

We have 3 points from two tough away games how many fans would have settled for 2 points from two draws?

There is a total lack of perspective amongst our fan base..too many armchair experts who obviously never put in a bad day in their professional lives!

This is a discussion forum and we are all entitled to our opinions and it will be impossible to get a 100% concencus but I cannot believe some of the hyberbole that is thrown around. wonder how the Norwich manager is faring with the Norwich fans after losing to a Luton side who were thrashed by CCFC in their previous game...that should tell a tale about the Championship.....oh yes and Watford only drew with Notts Forest who many here say we were lucky to beat!!

Perspective thats what many of our fans lack...I know I am going to get shot down over this......

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Time-wasting tactics on 12:30 - Dec 4 with 1582 viewsChief

Time-wasting tactics on 11:14 - Dec 4 by vetchonian

Agree rookie manager gets outwitted by seasoned manager with over 10 times the amount of experience that our manager has yet sections of our fan base "delight" in bashing our manager

We have 3 points from two tough away games how many fans would have settled for 2 points from two draws?

There is a total lack of perspective amongst our fan base..too many armchair experts who obviously never put in a bad day in their professional lives!

This is a discussion forum and we are all entitled to our opinions and it will be impossible to get a 100% concencus but I cannot believe some of the hyberbole that is thrown around. wonder how the Norwich manager is faring with the Norwich fans after losing to a Luton side who were thrashed by CCFC in their previous game...that should tell a tale about the Championship.....oh yes and Watford only drew with Notts Forest who many here say we were lucky to beat!!

Perspective thats what many of our fans lack...I know I am going to get shot down over this......

Spot on

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Time-wasting tactics on 12:42 - Dec 4 with 1577 viewsBadlands

Knowing the score i think the time wasting tactics of Boro were all the more noticeable.
At least 30s for a throw in often more. - TBF Connor often takes longer than that before throwing it to an opposition player. We are poor at receiving throws.
A player would go to take it and then walk away taking ages for another to come along. - Agree

Always kicking the ball a little bit further away.when there was a free kick.
This is a real bee in my bonnet - any player deliberately touching the ball after a kick or throw has been awarded against his team should be booked.

Picking the ball up and walking away with it then throwing it back always over or under throwing it.
Not sure about this as players often collect a ball to avoid opposition getting it.

Goalie always taking at least a minute for goal.kicks, walking past a spare ball to get the one that went out. Walking around the net and to the other side of the goal, feigning to take it short then sending everyone away.
Yellow card following a warning.

Free kick in their own half player goes to take it then walks away and calls goalie, another minute gone.
Not sure - change of tactic is appropriate.

I also think any opposition player not immediately retreating 10 yards from a free kick or protesting should be booked. Actively preventing a kick being taken or kicking the ball away = red card.
I also think we should get in the refs' faces as soon as an opposition player prevents us taking a quick free kick.
Fouls too often benefit the the defending side.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024