Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11269 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 16:58 - Jan 14 with 831 viewsDr_Winston

There's not much about the Eastern US that appeals to me other than NYC and Niagara, but I'd love to see Yellowstone, Yosemite, The Rockies, Monument Valley and places like that. They're all on the list.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cymrophobia on 17:03 - Jan 14 with 836 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 16:52 - Jan 14 by raynor94

Have you been there? The East coast from Washington to Florida is fantastic.

I have a family member resident in West Palm Beach. Not the richest place nor necessarily the best but ,put it this way,he'd never return home to this island of bad dreams.

The Pacific north west in stunning and over at the Great Lakes have beaches that would surprise most if not all Brits.

The main places to avoid are the Great Plains of Kansas ,Nebraska,Missouri and Oklahoma-miles of nothing much really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 17:47 - Jan 14 with 810 viewsNortbankboy

Cymrophobia on 21:34 - Jan 13 by Neath_Jack

Great thread, proves my earlier post perfectly.

Yma O Hyd

To be honest I've never experienced any anti Welsh feeling from the english.
In fact the North East is just like wales and very friendly.
But there are a few here who like to knock Swansea and wales
Cymrophobia on 18:14 - Jan 14 with 799 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 17:03 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

I have a family member resident in West Palm Beach. Not the richest place nor necessarily the best but ,put it this way,he'd never return home to this island of bad dreams.

The Pacific north west in stunning and over at the Great Lakes have beaches that would surprise most if not all Brits.

The main places to avoid are the Great Plains of Kansas ,Nebraska,Missouri and Oklahoma-miles of nothing much really.

It's ok if you have a few bob, but fall on hard time there and it's not so good at all. Brits only see it as tourists.

Poor health care, high crime, poor education, bad infrastructure, inequality, bad food, piss water beer, what's to like.
Cymrophobia on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 787 viewsNortbankboy

Cymrophobia on 18:14 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

It's ok if you have a few bob, but fall on hard time there and it's not so good at all. Brits only see it as tourists.

Poor health care, high crime, poor education, bad infrastructure, inequality, bad food, piss water beer, what's to like.

Exactly the way this country is going with Boris and his cronies.
The gulf between rich and poor is growing.
It's the Tory way
Cymrophobia on 21:42 - Jan 14 with 721 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 15:49 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Cont.
Imagine an English person reading this thread and the countless similiar ones and you 'd wonder why England simply hasn't let Wales and the Welsh starve.

Welsh for generations have moved to England for work and a better life for their kid.I mean,the batards

To put that in context, when people get old and want somewhere nice to retire to, a lot of English people choose Wales.

Even so, Englsih people move to Wales for work and a better life too. As did the Polish and Africans/Asians etc.

We have friends who moved to Swansea from Portsmouth, their son started school with our son. We made friends with other parents not from Swansea, one from Ghana, one South Africa, several Polish Parents and a Lithuanian

Wales is a beautiful country. Most town/city centres are a bit miserable and depressing, concrete jungles.

In the USA we visited the Everglades, in Turkey I went on a river cruise, in Greece (Rhodes) we got in a jeep with a local and explored the Island. Peeling back the veneer is how to find the best bits.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 06:40 - Jan 15 with 697 viewsbuilthjack

Fly that Welsh flag with pride. Wear that Welsh shirt. Be passionate about your country. I am. Why keep knocking it. Its a beautiful country, wonderful beaches, mountains, countryside. Go out and see it. When you can!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:56]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 15 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Who's knocking it Ken.

Just take a look at the OP and ask yourself some questions as to why somebody would do that and how "foreigners" see Wales. Reading this thread is not pretty as it shows how unbearably defensive we are -and yeah I include myself in that as I would "stick up" for Wales in a general discussion outside every time. You've no idea how many times Ive done that and you won't.

Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 13:55 - Jan 15 with 639 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 06:40 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Fly that Welsh flag with pride. Wear that Welsh shirt. Be passionate about your country. I am. Why keep knocking it. Its a beautiful country, wonderful beaches, mountains, countryside. Go out and see it. When you can!
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 8:56]

The world is a beautiful place builthy, well it is where humanity hasn't yet ruined it.

I would love to get on a ship and sail around Cape Horn or get on a horse and spend days travelling the vast Russian Steppes or maybe camp out on the Great Plains in Montana and see the night sky with no light pollution.

I never will but I can still dream. Wales is no more beautiful than anywhere else on this planet and if anywhere is a shitehole it's usually because people have made it so.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cymrophobia on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 636 viewsonehunglow

Wales is not a glorious land throughout though,is it.The climate is worse than mot places so beaches become irrelevant.
Wale is the poorest region in the UK so glorious and beautiful it is not for many who would love to get out.
Builth is a lovely place . And not poor either.Little trace of it to one driving through anyway.

Scotland is more dramatic and diverse and NI an underated stunning place.Check our Bangor and Ards peninsular.

Yet both Scotland and NI have what people refer to as shytholes. Fact.

England has them too but also,Cornwall and its beaches,Majestic Northumberland with everything anyone could find interesting and the north Norfolk coast, which many in Wales will not have seen. Endless empty beaches and skylines that go on forever.

This island of ours is beautiful with many shytholes.It is everywhere.

Cymrophobia on 15:34 - Jan 15 with 617 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 14:11 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Wales is not a glorious land throughout though,is it.The climate is worse than mot places so beaches become irrelevant.
Wale is the poorest region in the UK so glorious and beautiful it is not for many who would love to get out.
Builth is a lovely place . And not poor either.Little trace of it to one driving through anyway.

Scotland is more dramatic and diverse and NI an underated stunning place.Check our Bangor and Ards peninsular.

England has them too but also,Cornwall and its beaches,Majestic Northumberland with everything anyone could find interesting and the north Norfolk coast, which many in Wales will not have seen. Endless empty beaches and skylines that go on forever.

What lets our beaches down around here, is the Bristol channel, it's not a very appealing stretch of water
Cymrophobia on 16:37 - Jan 15 with 598 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 15:34 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

What lets our beaches down around here, is the Bristol channel, it's not a very appealing stretch of water

It’s why the best beaches are in the Hebrides.Stunning.Northumberland well Way from Newcastle is gob smacking,though you ll need a wet suit to swim.

Last time I went to Port Eynin a few years back it was not impressive and the beach is nothing like it was. Didn’t help with the amount of valley warriors in the campsite leaving their shore everywhere.

Norfolk beaches have very clean clear waters to swim and even here on Wirral our beaches are both lovely and clean water to swim in.If you are careful.

Special mention for Llyn beaches though.Morfa Nefyn is gorgeous

Cymrophobia on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 579 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 15:34 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

You can only see the horizon so I'm not sure why the Bristol channel has a negative impact on our beaches , "around here" being where exactly ? Rhossili , 3 cliffs and even Swansea beach has more than an attractive vista .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 574 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 16:59 - Jan 15 by Boundy

You can only see the horizon so I'm not sure why the Bristol channel has a negative impact on our beaches , "around here" being where exactly ? Rhossili , 3 cliffs and even Swansea beach has more than an attractive vista .

For bathing i meant. huge tides
Cymrophobia on 18:01 - Jan 15 with 565 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 17:05 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

For bathing i meant. huge tides

I don’t recall swimming in Langland as that pleasant nor Caswell when the hordes turned up .
Swansea or Gower beaches suffer from being so close to a large connobation and industrial effluence .

It s why we flock to Spain,Portugal and Greece not to mention la belle France all of whom do a beach experience far better.

Also ,it s a weather thing

Cymrophobia on 18:14 - Jan 15 with 560 viewslifelong

Cymrophobia on 18:01 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

I don’t recall swimming in Langland as that pleasant nor Caswell when the hordes turned up .
Swansea or Gower beaches suffer from being so close to a large connobation and industrial effluence .

It s why we flock to Spain,Portugal and Greece not to mention la belle France all of whom do a beach experience far better.

Also ,it s a weather thing

You just haven’t got a good word to say about our glorious area. Your dislike of Swansea and surrounding areas and the remarks you make about Wales are nothing short of despicable.

You are a sad case.
Cymrophobia on 18:31 - Jan 15 with 543 viewsNeath_Jack

Cymrophobia on 18:14 - Jan 15 by lifelong

You just haven’t got a good word to say about our glorious area. Your dislike of Swansea and surrounding areas and the remarks you make about Wales are nothing short of despicable.

You are a sad case.

Biggest hypocrite this board has ever seen.

Will not bring himself to be pleasant about his so called place of birth. I guess living away for so long has made him that bitter and twisted.

Talks about all those places in england as being beautiful, but how come Gower was the FIRST place in Britain to be classed as an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Don't question him though, or he'll throw the victim card out, or that he doesn't need your type on this board. The bloke has been banned more times than anyone else in the sites history, never his fault though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cymrophobia on 18:35 - Jan 15 with 543 viewsKilkennyjack

The Celtic nations of these Islands are just stunning.

The very edge of Europe - with coast and countryside that are jaw dropping in equal measure.

Cymru is beautiful, cymraeg is beautiful.
Even the castles , some built by others, are majestic.

Open your eyes and ears.

We are truly blessed.

Beware of the Risen People

Cymrophobia on 19:08 - Jan 15 with 520 viewsbuilthjack

Cymrophobia on 14:11 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

You need to open your eyes and keep your chops shut. It will help.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cymrophobia on 19:10 - Jan 15 with 517 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cymrophobia on 16:37 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

It’s why the best beaches are in the Hebrides.Stunning.Northumberland well Way from Newcastle is gob smacking,though you ll need a wet suit to swim.

Last time I went to Port Eynin a few years back it was not impressive and the beach is nothing like it was. Didn’t help with the amount of valley warriors in the campsite leaving their shore everywhere.

Norfolk beaches have very clean clear waters to swim and even here on Wirral our beaches are both lovely and clean water to swim in.If you are careful.

Special mention for Llyn beaches though.Morfa Nefyn is gorgeous

The north sea is a very murky sea surrounded by land on three sides and a very low tidal range . All the large European rivers flow into it from very large cities.

The water clarity on the gower is far better and large tidal range and the gulf stream keep it clear.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cymrophobia on 19:43 - Jan 15 with 499 viewsCatullus

Wales has beautiful countryside, it's a little damp yes but that's why it's so green and pleasant!
If it hadn't been for the pandemic our beaches would have been rammed last summer. That's Caswell's biggest problem, it's ok if you're local and can walk down but the traffic down there can be a nightmare.
I used to go to Rotherslade more.

Cymrophobia on 19:56 - Jan 15 with 493 viewsBoundy

Cymrophobia on 19:43 - Jan 15 by Catullus

Wales has beautiful countryside, it's a little damp yes but that's why it's so green and pleasant!
If it hadn't been for the pandemic our beaches would have been rammed last summer. That's Caswell's biggest problem, it's ok if you're local and can walk down but the traffic down there can be a nightmare.
I used to go to Rotherslade more.

So is the northwest of England , primarily chosen for the establishment of the cotton industry due to the damp climate and that hasn't changed. I consider myself blessed for living in Country with such a diverse environment and for me there's no where better .From where I live I'm 4 miles from the sea, and no distance from the countryside and I live in Swansea.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cymrophobia on 20:08 - Jan 15 with 485 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 19:56 - Jan 15 by Boundy

So is the northwest of England , primarily chosen for the establishment of the cotton industry due to the damp climate and that hasn't changed. I consider myself blessed for living in Country with such a diverse environment and for me there's no where better .From where I live I'm 4 miles from the sea, and no distance from the countryside and I live in Swansea.

That's Swansea for you, I grew up in Mumbles and gradually moved East until I hit Skewen and at no time have I lived very far from a beach or from glorious countryside. It's certainly better than living in the middle of a really big city.

Cymrophobia on 20:27 - Jan 15 with 479 viewsonehunglow

The Usual Pitiful PS posse.

Wales,like many places in the UK is not nirvana. Get over that and as for hypocrites,well look into the glass before it's too late.

Then stick to the other side a you pollute this site.

As regards Norfolk,speak as you find Felix. You need to check out Overstrand nr Cromer.

Cymrophobia indeed.

Cymrophobia on 20:43 - Jan 15 with 476 viewsraynor94

Cymrophobia on 20:27 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

The Usual Pitiful PS posse.

Wales,like many places in the UK is not nirvana. Get over that and as for hypocrites,well look into the glass before it's too late.

Then stick to the other side a you pollute this site.

As regards Norfolk,speak as you find Felix. You need to check out Overstrand nr Cromer.

Cymrophobia indeed.

Posse? Sorry Perch you fetch it all on yourself, on both boards, Football and Non Football.

You slag our Club and City off at every opportunity, and when people respond, you make out your the victim.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024