Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymrophobia 22:23 - Jan 12 with 11273 viewsNortbankboy

There's a lot about these days.
Cymrophobia on 21:48 - Jan 13 with 881 viewsNeath_Jack

The hypocrites i'm talking about, normally love other countries languages, but hate the language of the country they abandoned decades ago, and calls it divisive and useless. Weird.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cymrophobia on 21:50 - Jan 13 with 886 viewsonehunglow

America also gets pelters but we Brits seem to flock there and we will if/when things improve.

People are Strange

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 14 with 791 viewscontroversial_jack

I have no intention of ever setting foot in the USA.Remove the veneer and it's a shithole of monumental proportions.
Cymrophobia on 11:27 - Jan 14 with 787 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

I have no intention of ever setting foot in the USA.Remove the veneer and it's a shithole of monumental proportions.

Many have. Florida is full of Brits normally.California coast drive is very popular as are the National Parks which are magnificent.

Outside the Deep South,the people a individuals are often superb.

Very proud and will not tolerate any criticism of their country.

Sound familiar?

Cymrophobia on 11:48 - Jan 14 with 774 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 21:40 - Jan 13 by onehunglow

Going off at a tangent,some countries also suffer from a phobia,classically France,a country I love to death.Classy,stunningly beautiful ,unspolit villages,nice weather (in some places),fantastic food ,un believable wine and a good social structure (Outside Paris), culture,beautiful woman and the language a love. And they play Rugby BUT a country number 1 on most Brits hate list even though it is visited more than any other,outside Spain.

It's crap.

Vive la belle France

I liked Southern France, up in the North (around Paris) they were rude, arrogant, nasty!

It's something all countries share, there will be good people, the vast majority and everything else all the way down to utter scumbags.

I've been to the USA 5 times and most of the people I met were brilliant. Some of the nicest people I've met were in Greece and Turkey.

When abroad, if you make an effort, even something as small and simple as learning please and thank you in their language, it can go a long way.

It doesn't matter what country you were born in, people are just people, people like us.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cymrophobia on 11:53 - Jan 14 with 772 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 11:24 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

If you've never been there, how would you know?

It's why I hope to do plenty more foreign travel, the more people you meet (in their own countries) the more you realise how much we have in common and differences are something to be enjoyed, not hated and fought over.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Cymrophobia on 11:59 - Jan 14 with 773 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 11:27 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Many have. Florida is full of Brits normally.California coast drive is very popular as are the National Parks which are magnificent.

Outside the Deep South,the people a individuals are often superb.

Very proud and will not tolerate any criticism of their country.

Sound familiar?

If you speak with Americans, outside the nice retirement homes, Florida is a real shithole and one of the worse states
Cymrophobia on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 772 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 11:53 - Jan 14 by Catullus

If you've never been there, how would you know?

It's why I hope to do plenty more foreign travel, the more people you meet (in their own countries) the more you realise how much we have in common and differences are something to be enjoyed, not hated and fought over.

I haven't been to Afghanistan, Syria or Madagascar, but i know they are shitholes. Don't have to go to a place to know what they are like
Login to get fewer ads

Cymrophobia on 12:14 - Jan 14 with 768 viewsonehunglow

People refer to Liverpool as a shihole having either never been or just coraled into one area.

Jeez,people see the Valley as the end of the world as we know it without haven been

New England in the Fall is not shihole ,neither are the likes of Bryce Canyon or Yosemite.

Ive not been to Shenandoah but believe it's also no shihole.

Cymrophobia on 12:17 - Jan 14 with 767 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 12:14 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

People refer to Liverpool as a shihole having either never been or just coraled into one area.

Jeez,people see the Valley as the end of the world as we know it without haven been

New England in the Fall is not shihole ,neither are the likes of Bryce Canyon or Yosemite.

Ive not been to Shenandoah but believe it's also no shihole.

We have to make our judgments somehow, and what i read and see about the place is not good
Cymrophobia on 12:21 - Jan 14 with 763 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 12:17 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

We have to make our judgments somehow, and what i read and see about the place is not good

That's fair comment Contro.Can'knock you for that.

Place I would never go:

India-just why put yourself in the sewer

China. Obviously

Anywhere in Africa. Cos I like living basically

Venequela

Cuba

Cymrophobia on 12:46 - Jan 14 with 758 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 12:21 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

That's fair comment Contro.Can'knock you for that.

Place I would never go:

India-just why put yourself in the sewer

China. Obviously

Anywhere in Africa. Cos I like living basically

Venequela

Cuba

India or China doesn't appeal to me either. Cuba however is different. It's one of the safest countries on earth, with a great medical system and the people are well educated and friendly - not that i have been there either, but may do one day.

Europe is more than enough for me, so much to see, but think Brexit will make it more difficult to travel around
Cymrophobia on 14:09 - Jan 14 with 735 viewsonehunglow

Cuba doesnt appeal as I dont like the idea of seeing people rammed into grinding poverty trying to make a living.

A fine body of people are Cubans with a wonderful music tradition.

Cymrophobia on 14:10 - Jan 14 with 733 viewsCatullus

Cymrophobia on 12:02 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

I haven't been to Afghanistan, Syria or Madagascar, but i know they are shitholes. Don't have to go to a place to know what they are like

Comparing Afghanistan with the USA, really? There is no veneeer on Afghan is there? It's warzone, a disaster area. It's the same for Syria now but Syria was a lovely place once.

Why is Madagascar a shitehole?

PS, you very much do have to go to a place to know what it's like. Otherwise you are believeing what you've been told and what you see on tv.

Maybe you agree with people who call Wales a shitehole but have never been here?

Cymrophobia on 14:17 - Jan 14 with 732 viewsHighjack

Cymrophobia on 12:02 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Syria was a beautiful place before it all kicked off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Cymrophobia on 15:07 - Jan 14 with 723 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 14:10 - Jan 14 by Catullus

Comparing Afghanistan with the USA, really? There is no veneeer on Afghan is there? It's warzone, a disaster area. It's the same for Syria now but Syria was a lovely place once.

Why is Madagascar a shitehole?

PS, you very much do have to go to a place to know what it's like. Otherwise you are believeing what you've been told and what you see on tv.

Maybe you agree with people who call Wales a shitehole but have never been here?

Wales is a shithole, it's just that we are used to it Swansea is a horrible depressing city, but it's ours
Cymrophobia on 15:47 - Jan 14 with 708 viewsonehunglow

It is still the case most people speak as they find.

Move to any country and boast about how great your old country WAS leads to "why don't you feckoff back then".

Brits are famous for this worldwide.

Cymrophobia on 15:49 - Jan 14 with 704 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 12:17 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Cont.
Imagine an English person reading this thread and the countless similiar ones and you 'd wonder why England simply hasn't let Wales and the Welsh starve.

Welsh for generations have moved to England for work and a better life for their kid.I mean,the batards

Cymrophobia on 15:55 - Jan 14 with 704 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 15:49 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Cont.
Imagine an English person reading this thread and the countless similiar ones and you 'd wonder why England simply hasn't let Wales and the Welsh starve.

Welsh for generations have moved to England for work and a better life for their kid.I mean,the batards

England is as much in debt as any country, England doesn't have a magic money tree, it has to go to the banks to borrow just like any other.Take London out of it and it's different again
Cymrophobia on 15:56 - Jan 14 with 703 viewsVincent_Vega

Cymrophobia on 15:07 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Wales is a shithole, it's just that we are used to it Swansea is a horrible depressing city, but it's ours

I'm the first to bitch Swansea and its lack of attractions events shops etc. but show pictures of Cefn Sidan, Rossili, Pen y Fan, Brombil Reservoir, Tenby (I could go on) to the average resident of London, Paris, Cairo, New York, LA, Beijing etc and they'll be mighty jealous.

Wales does have issues which recent events have highlighted but compared to billions across the world we're VERY lucky. Having proper sewerage puts us in the top 25% better off.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Cymrophobia on 15:59 - Jan 14 with 699 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 15:55 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

England is as much in debt as any country, England doesn't have a magic money tree, it has to go to the banks to borrow just like any other.Take London out of it and it's different again

True enough.No argument from me.
Some good exchange today SO THANKS.

I will support you and also argue with you depending on topic.Pity others couldnt do the same.

I was refering to welsh emigration in previous generations primarily. It s over generations that a people are judged.

I don't think the Welsh have a bad press with the English although some southern English ,especially Home Counties ,patronise the Welsh without doubt.

Northern "working class" people are exactly the same as south Walians.

Cymrophobia on 16:24 - Jan 14 with 692 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 15:59 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

I will support you and also argue with you depending on topic.Pity others couldnt do the same.

I was refering to welsh emigration in previous generations primarily. It s over generations that a people are judged.

I don't think the Welsh have a bad press with the English although some southern English ,especially Home Counties ,patronise the Welsh without doubt.

I must have misread your last post.

Welsh people have moved away to find work, i almost did it a few times myself, however Wales is not unique it this respect

I don't believe Welsh ppl are discriminated against, but there can often be patronising remarks etc, the usual unimaginative unoriginal sheep remarks etc, and as you said it's mostly from the Southern English

I
Cymrophobia on 16:27 - Jan 14 with 690 viewscontroversial_jack

Cymrophobia on 15:59 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Welsh people have moved away to find work, i almost did it a few times myself, however Wales is not unique it this respect

I don't believe Welsh ppl are discriminated against, but there can often be patronising remarks etc, the usual unimaginative unoriginal sheep remarks etc, and as you said it's mostly from the Southern English

Social media has helped to lower barriers too.We debate with ppl from all over the world. What's become apparent is, ppl are all the same , except for language and some cultural and religious matters.
Cymrophobia on 16:27 - Jan 14 with 688 viewsonehunglow

Cymrophobia on 16:24 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

I

Agree with that in its entireity.

Frankly,reading the OP got me rather cross but I ve held back any real venom so as not to upset anyone unduly.

Right now, north Walian people are being treated in Merseyside hospitals as the Welsh NHS is so lacking.

Cymrophobia on 16:52 - Jan 14 with 681 viewsraynor94

Cymrophobia on 11:59 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

If you speak with Americans, outside the nice retirement homes, Florida is a real shithole and one of the worse states

Have you been there? The East coast from Washington to Florida is fantastic.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024