Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cawl tonight 20:10 - Jan 25 with 3457 viewsFlashberryjack

Made a big pot today, Neck of Lamb, Carrots, Swede, Parsnips, Onions, Potatoes, Leek, Parsley.

Good old Welsh Cawl, bloody lovely, anyone got a preference on what they make it with ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cawl tonight on 20:14 - Jan 25 with 2823 viewsonehunglow

Pity the "poor" couldnt put together such a nourishing cheap meal.Veg is dirt cheap

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cawl tonight on 20:43 - Jan 25 with 2805 viewsbritferry

lamb cawl is the best

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Cawl tonight on 20:46 - Jan 25 with 2794 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 20:43 - Jan 25 by britferry

lamb cawl is the best

lamb in tagine with dates /almonds/honey/aubergine.

Cawl tonight on 20:47 - Jan 25 with 2796 viewsalltjack

Sounds perfect to me, although we use lamb pieces
Cawl tonight on 20:47 - Jan 25 with 2796 viewsJack_Meoff

Going out on a limb and saying ‘a saucepan.’

*gets coat, runs*

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Cawl tonight on 20:48 - Jan 25 with 2796 viewsbritferry

Cawl tonight on 20:46 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

bollox... lamb cawl with a crusty white bread

Cawl tonight on 20:51 - Jan 25 with 2788 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 20:48 - Jan 25 by britferry

bollox... lamb cawl with a crusty white bread

white bread ! WHITE BREAD

Sweet Jesus in the manger

Next ,you'll be suggesting a bottle of Corona dandelion and burdock instead of a decent Pinot Noir

Cawl tonight on 20:52 - Jan 25 with 2790 viewssP7qupUf

I use the same lamb and veg as you but I put soaked peas and some red lentils in to thicken it a bit. Soak Leos peas the night before making it. Also, eat the cawl the following day as I think it tastes better... bit like curry and chilli needs a day to mature. Just my take on it mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Cawl tonight on 20:53 - Jan 25 with 2783 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 20:52 - Jan 25 by sP7qupUf

I use the same lamb and veg as you but I put soaked peas and some red lentils in to thicken it a bit. Soak Leos peas the night before making it. Also, eat the cawl the following day as I think it tastes better... bit like curry and chilli needs a day to mature. Just my take on it mind.

get leg of lamb me

Cawl tonight on 20:54 - Jan 25 with 2786 viewsalltjack

Always better second day
Cawl tonight on 21:01 - Jan 25 with 2778 viewsFlashberryjack

Cawl tonight on 20:54 - Jan 25 by alltjack

Always better second day

Definitely.

Hello

Cawl tonight on 21:03 - Jan 25 with 2773 viewscontroversial_jack

Cawl is too thin for me, but i make a nice beef stew
Cawl tonight on 21:05 - Jan 25 with 2770 viewsFlashberryjack

Never tried soaked peas or lentils with cawl, save the Leos peas when we make ham & pea soup.
But you are right, cawl always tastes better second day, that's why I can't wait for dinner tomorrow.

Hello

Cawl tonight on 21:14 - Jan 25 with 2758 viewsFlashberryjack

Cawl tonight on 20:46 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

I've had lamb cooked in a tagine a couple of times in Tunisia, it's very nice, but, other than the Lamb, it's a totally different meal.

I take it you don't like cawl.

Hello

Cawl tonight on 22:21 - Jan 25 with 2734 viewsbritferry

Cawl tonight on 20:51 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

white bread ! WHITE BREAD

Sweet Jesus in the manger

Next ,you'll be suggesting a bottle of Corona dandelion and burdock instead of a decent Pinot Noir

I wouldn't go that far, I'm more of a Blue Nun kind of person anyways

Cawl tonight on 23:12 - Jan 25 with 2714 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 22:21 - Jan 25 by britferry

Was gonna hit the abusive button then

Cawl tonight on 06:27 - Jan 26 with 2681 viewsbuilthjack

Cawl tonight on 21:14 - Jan 25 by Flashberryjack

I've had lamb cooked in a tagine a couple of times in Tunisia, it's very nice, but, other than the Lamb, it's a totally different meal.

I take it you don't like cawl.

Cawl is Welsh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Cawl tonight on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 2645 viewsswan65split

I Dont use lentils, next day is a must, neck or pieces , I have my own secret recipe and as a tip, try putting a touch of Curry powder in there as well.

Someone says its too thin! , just dont use so much water
Cawl tonight on 11:38 - Jan 26 with 2630 viewsCatullus

I make curry and chilli in a slow cooker then let it cool and put them into tubs and freeze them. Back in thr fridge for 24 hours to defrost when I want some and they always taste better.

Anyone in the Neath/Clydach area wants fresh food delivered, have a look at "Clydach Veg" on facebook.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cawl tonight on 14:34 - Jan 26 with 2602 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 06:27 - Jan 26 by builthjack

Cawl is Welsh.

Hello Kenneth.Playing tidy today now are we.

Im quite aware of what cawl is ,butt,as I do laverbread ,cockles and bara brith.I detest them all so there ya go.

Cawl is not unlike scouse particularly blind scouse. Disgusting stuff on the lines of Poutrine
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 14:35]

Cawl tonight on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 2558 viewsshingle

Cawl tonight on 14:34 - Jan 26 by onehunglow

Hello Kenneth.Playing tidy today now are we.

Im quite aware of what cawl is ,butt,as I do laverbread ,cockles and bara brith.I detest them all so there ya go.

Cawl is not unlike scouse particularly blind scouse. Disgusting stuff on the lines of Poutrine
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 14:35]

Lean beef, and brown bread, what is the point of making a lush healthy pot of cawl, and then putting lamb which is a really fatty unhealthy meat in the cawl and then eating white bread with it, you just turn a healthy meal in to a artery hardening meal.
Cawl tonight on 18:50 - Jan 26 with 2549 viewsFlashberryjack

Cawl tonight on 18:36 - Jan 26 by shingle

Lean beef, and brown bread, what is the point of making a lush healthy pot of cawl, and then putting lamb which is a really fatty unhealthy meat in the cawl and then eating white bread with it, you just turn a healthy meal in to a artery hardening meal.

I boil the neck of Lamb and let it cool overnight, take all the hardened fat off the top in the morning, then add the vegetables (spuds last) then lastly the leeks and parsley.

Hello

Cawl tonight on 23:30 - Jan 26 with 2491 viewsLeon_Drinker

Cawl tonight on 22:21 - Jan 25 by britferry

Cawl tonight on 04:40 - Jan 27 with 2459 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Putting Swede in it ruins the lovely sweet taste of the carrots and parsnips for me. And it can go stingy too. Same with turnips . Lamb, leeks, onions, carrots, parsnips and potatoes, fresh French bread with real butter and a bottle of Malbec or cab sav. Fabulous in these hideous bleak winter months 👍.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cawl tonight on 13:52 - Jan 27 with 2432 viewsonehunglow

Cawl tonight on 04:40 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Putting Swede in it ruins the lovely sweet taste of the carrots and parsnips for me. And it can go stingy too. Same with turnips . Lamb, leeks, onions, carrots, parsnips and potatoes, fresh French bread with real butter and a bottle of Malbec or cab sav. Fabulous in these hideous bleak winter months 👍.

Fresh French bread ,you'll do for me cocker.

Lamb fatty?.Buy the best mun.

I did a chicken thighs in a mustard white wine sauce last night and it was vile.

Got a yellow card from missus breaking a casserole dish too.

My old mum used to do a thing called "end of the neck". Is that "cawl".Doubt she would have called it that as he hated Welsh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024