Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remaining fixtures 21:40 - Feb 6 with 1588 viewsBarryTownSwam

Two games a week now, every week until April ....

Our remaining home games are with Forest, Coventry, Brizzle,Boro, Scummers, Preston, Wycombe, QPR and Derby (in that order).

Away games left are Sheff Weds, Huddersfield, Stoke, Blackburn, Luton, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Millwall, Reading and Watford.

There’s a week preparation between Reading (a), Derby (h) and Watford (a) unless we’ve had rearranged to slot in (ie: if we progress in FA Cup).

IMO, all home games are winnable, in theory, but I’m sure we’ll drop pts at home somewhere in a long season). So .... that’s 8 x 3 pts = 24 pts

So ... can we win 4 of our 10 away games ? 4 x 3 = 12 pts

3 away draws (= 3 pts) particularly v Reading, Watford & Bournemouth will be welcome !!

Which takes us up to 92 pts. Will this be enough? Will Brentford and Norwich muster 92 pts?

What are your thoughts ?
Remaining fixtures on 21:45 - Feb 6 with 1579 viewsbuilthjack

Take one game at a time, play to our full potential, and there's a good chance we will be top two.
A long way to go though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Remaining fixtures on 21:49 - Feb 6 with 1562 viewsBarryTownSwam

Yes, you are right.
It’s a wet dark cold Saturday night and my mind wanders to a celebratory summer 👍
Remaining fixtures on 21:51 - Feb 6 with 1560 viewsGaryjack

Sunderland finished 3rd one year on 95pts then lost the play off final to Charlton.
Remaining fixtures on 23:01 - Feb 6 with 1477 viewsmajorraglan

Saw that Brentford are now unbeaten in their last 20 league games, hopefully Reading can turn them over this week.
Remaining fixtures on 23:15 - Feb 6 with 1454 views34dfgdf54

Remaining fixtures on 23:01 - Feb 6 by majorraglan

Saw that Brentford are now unbeaten in their last 20 league games, hopefully Reading can turn them over this week.

Can’t see it. Too much fire power.

Norwich are the ones to look for. Buendia and Cantwell hamstring strains would be lively about now.
Remaining fixtures on 05:10 - Feb 7 with 1382 viewsGixerJack

Remaining fixtures on 21:49 - Feb 6 by BarryTownSwam

Yes, you are right.
It’s a wet dark cold Saturday night and my mind wanders to a celebratory summer 👍

I can see where you’re coming from coz I’m nights and bored so I did some research...

Since the 2010/11 season no team has needed more than 90 point to be promoted.

Top - 2nd - 3rd

2010/11
88 - 84 - 80
11/12
89 - 88 - 86
12/13
87 - 79 - 77
13/14
102 - 93 - 85
14/15
90 - 89 - 86
15/16
93 - 89+2GD - 89
16/17
94 - 93 - 85
17/18
99 - 90 - 88
18/19
94 - 89 - 83
19/20
93 - 83 - 81

What does all this mean??? Absolutely farc all other than I need to keep busier when I’m nights.

I think that this season might be different though because there are less teams capable of pushing for the two automatic places
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 5:13]
Remaining fixtures on 07:42 - Feb 7 with 1330 viewstrampie

Home games winnable, away games not easy but that is usually the way anyway I suppose.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Remaining fixtures on 08:42 - Feb 7 with 1299 viewsThornburyswan

We’ve put ourselves in a position where it’s very much in our own hands & for now at least everyone below the top 3 keeps dropping points pretty regularly - might be one of those years where finishing 3rd will feel like a failure & play-offs will come too quickly to recover.

Home fixtures look reasonable with I guess Brizzle, Scum & possibly Derby if they are not safe looking tricky.

Away a fair bit tougher with a mix of top 10 sides, a few tough to beat mid-table ones plus 2 of the bottom 3 scrappers.

All that said for me our set-up suits sides that come onto us because they believe/need to beat us rather than the park the bus type sides - Hourihane definitely & maybe Morris might change that but for now at least I’m very firmly in the take each game as it comes & leave this type of analysis for when we hit the last 6/8 matches. Reading* & Watford both away in the last 3 matches will be tough, particularly either side of our last home match vs Rooney’s lot who might be battling to stay up.

* interesting that Reading may again be a pivotal game - could be a good omen for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024