Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t mind this postponement 00:19 - Feb 14 with 2313 viewsDr_Parnassus

I think after the Man City defeat it could well have knocked the winning feeling out of us. Winning is a bit of a habit and that confidence can easily be lost with a couple of defeats. With Sheff Wed looking strong of late I am not entirely disappointed with the postponement.

We are 8 unbeaten in the league, winning 6 of those, so it’s important that continues. With Sheff Wed out of the way the next block of 4 fixtures look fairly kind, 3 of which are at home.

Forest (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Coventry (h)
Bristol C (h)

8 points from those 4 games and I will be relatively happy. Any less and I think we may have handed an advantage to Norwich (and possibly Brentford if they ever slip up which seems unlikely).

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 13:02 - Feb 21 with 592 viewsonehunglow

I don’t mind this postponement on 11:54 - Feb 21 by 1983

If that one game makes you feel like shyte then you obviously haven't been watching Swansea City that long.

I'm a lot more concerned about Morris and how he is and how his injury could affect the rest of our season than just crying over one result

Now roll on Wednesday


62 years,son.
That enough for ya.

First game -away- at Molineux late 50s

I hate to break it to you but losing doesnt get any better with age. In fact it's worse in ome aspects as I don't have the tolerance I had and am more honest.I care not a jot what others think nor if they love me or hate me a long a they do not defame me or my family.

Too many post utter lies on here. They are as annoyed ,upset and concerned a I am.I say it as it is.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 13:04]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-2
I don’t mind this postponement on 13:33 - Feb 21 with 580 views1983

I don’t mind this postponement on 13:02 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

62 years,son.
That enough for ya.

First game -away- at Molineux late 50s

I hate to break it to you but losing doesnt get any better with age. In fact it's worse in ome aspects as I don't have the tolerance I had and am more honest.I care not a jot what others think nor if they love me or hate me a long a they do not defame me or my family.

Too many post utter lies on here. They are as annoyed ,upset and concerned a I am.I say it as it is.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 13:04]


Long time since I've been called son but thank you
I can feel your bitterness from here, you not from Cimla by any chance?
Oh well enjoy the rest of your day I'm off out now to walk the dogs

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 560 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t mind this postponement on 13:02 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

62 years,son.
That enough for ya.

First game -away- at Molineux late 50s

I hate to break it to you but losing doesnt get any better with age. In fact it's worse in ome aspects as I don't have the tolerance I had and am more honest.I care not a jot what others think nor if they love me or hate me a long a they do not defame me or my family.

Too many post utter lies on here. They are as annoyed ,upset and concerned a I am.I say it as it is.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 13:04]


I find with age it’s easier to put it behind you in contrast. When I was younger the Swans result too often dictated my weekend. Not now. Of course it was hugely disappointing yesterday and it still gets to me sometimes. I cried like a baby at full time at Wembley 10 years ago whilst I just got drunk at Preston 30 years earlier. Yesterday before 6 o clock I was knocking up some food having spoken to my 8 year old granddaughter on the phone who I’ve only seen once in the last year and not allowing the Swans sh1tshow to upset me.

My family’s wellbeing comes way, way before 11 blokes kicking a football around. Not having seen a game in the flesh for almost a year has increased the remoteness of football for me.

That doesn’t make me an utter liar. It makes me someone with a different view to you which is allowed and helps to make the world what it is.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

1
I don’t mind this postponement on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 550 viewsonehunglow

I don’t mind this postponement on 13:33 - Feb 21 by 1983

Long time since I've been called son but thank you
I can feel your bitterness from here, you not from Cimla by any chance?
Oh well enjoy the rest of your day I'm off out now to walk the dogs


It aint bitter though so you're wrong-again.

Son is a word commonly used in South Wales working class towns.

Its like "love" ,"mate"

No offence meant although some will take it as such.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 01:41 - Feb 25 with 473 viewsDr_Parnassus

6 points from 9.

Beat Bristol City and that’s an excellent return on 4 games.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

3
I don’t mind this postponement on 06:57 - Feb 25 with 447 viewsChief

I don’t mind this postponement on 01:41 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

6 points from 9.

Beat Bristol City and that’s an excellent return on 4 games.


It would be.

But in no way can that be attributed to the postponement.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 07:05 - Feb 25 with 444 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why are so many posters on this site doom and gloom merchants?

There glass is not half full but a quarter full.

After 30 games.

This season 59 points
Last season 46 points
Season under Potter 41 points
Promotion under Rogers 50 points

Admittedly with a very much shorter seasons and two games virtually every week the players are looking a bit tired at times and there is certainly less time to work on things on the training ground but the coronavirus crazy season is not the fault of the players or the management team. There is no doubt the team is also missing the crowd to lift them at times.

If you had offered us 2 point off automatic promotion spot with 2 games in hand at the start of the season EVERYONE who have said yes please.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

1
I don’t mind this postponement on 07:35 - Feb 25 with 432 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t mind this postponement on 06:57 - Feb 25 by Chief

It would be.

But in no way can that be attributed to the postponement.


Didn’t realise you thought it was being attributed to it?

I was just mentioning the form and how insignificant the Huddersfield result may end up being in comparison to the block of 4 games prior to happening. I targeted 8 points, others 10 points. So we would have been around the mark if we beat Brizzle.

Although now you mention it, it could very well be a factor of the postponement. The extra rest and the fact that 3 of the block of 4 then came as home games thus limiting travel could well have played a part.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 7:52]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

0
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t mind this postponement on 07:43 - Feb 25 with 429 viewsThornburyswan

I don’t mind this postponement on 07:05 - Feb 25 by felixstowe_jack

Why are so many posters on this site doom and gloom merchants?

There glass is not half full but a quarter full.

After 30 games.

This season 59 points
Last season 46 points
Season under Potter 41 points
Promotion under Rogers 50 points

Admittedly with a very much shorter seasons and two games virtually every week the players are looking a bit tired at times and there is certainly less time to work on things on the training ground but the coronavirus crazy season is not the fault of the players or the management team. There is no doubt the team is also missing the crowd to lift them at times.

If you had offered us 2 point off automatic promotion spot with 2 games in hand at the start of the season EVERYONE who have said yes please.


Some good points there FJ & for me there is no doubt we are a stronger, better balanced team/squad & more difficult to beat under Cooper than we were under Potter - and by a significant margin - plus we are better at defending set pieces.

You could also argue the squad morale & connectivity is better too - that’s less absolute as teams sitting where we are in the league tend to exhibit good team spirit.

The fly in the soup is the manner in which we play in pretty much every game - variable is the amount of time in each game where we look devoid of ideas/energy - the classic style vs results debate I guess, if I can go back a good few years we are a tad like the old ‘1-0 to the Arsenal’ side of the 70/80s.

The interesting bit is whether our current style is due to the players available & their limitations or down to Cooper’s current coaching limitations - let’s hope Cooper can keep working on that.
0
I don’t mind this postponement on 09:11 - Feb 25 with 407 viewsChief

I don’t mind this postponement on 07:35 - Feb 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Didn’t realise you thought it was being attributed to it?

I was just mentioning the form and how insignificant the Huddersfield result may end up being in comparison to the block of 4 games prior to happening. I targeted 8 points, others 10 points. So we would have been around the mark if we beat Brizzle.

Although now you mention it, it could very well be a factor of the postponement. The extra rest and the fact that 3 of the block of 4 then came as home games thus limiting travel could well have played a part.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 7:52]


Well this thread relates to the postponement. And you posted on it regarding our points tally since it.

Apologies if i misinterpreted the situation.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 09:18 - Feb 25 with 403 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I don’t mind this postponement on 07:43 - Feb 25 by Thornburyswan

Some good points there FJ & for me there is no doubt we are a stronger, better balanced team/squad & more difficult to beat under Cooper than we were under Potter - and by a significant margin - plus we are better at defending set pieces.

You could also argue the squad morale & connectivity is better too - that’s less absolute as teams sitting where we are in the league tend to exhibit good team spirit.

The fly in the soup is the manner in which we play in pretty much every game - variable is the amount of time in each game where we look devoid of ideas/energy - the classic style vs results debate I guess, if I can go back a good few years we are a tad like the old ‘1-0 to the Arsenal’ side of the 70/80s.

The interesting bit is whether our current style is due to the players available & their limitations or down to Cooper’s current coaching limitations - let’s hope Cooper can keep working on that.


Funny how our style was always better in distance past.
Everyone says we played free flowing football under Rodgers but we have actually scored 1 more goal than we did under Rodgers after the first 30 games. Admittedly we did conceed 8 more goals under him so you could argue the football was more exciting.

Poll: Why has Starmer cancelled elections and blocked Burham

0
I don’t mind this postponement on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 375 viewsThornburyswan

I don’t mind this postponement on 09:18 - Feb 25 by felixstowe_jack

Funny how our style was always better in distance past.
Everyone says we played free flowing football under Rodgers but we have actually scored 1 more goal than we did under Rodgers after the first 30 games. Admittedly we did conceed 8 more goals under him so you could argue the football was more exciting.


Style for me was Laudrup & Martinez, always felt Rodgers was more a possession based approach, that said you are right about memory & time.

I’m broadly happy with current philosophy & very happy with where it has taken us so far - just missing that ‘get’s you off your seat/sofa’ type player e.g. Michu, Trunds, Curt etc but they are not easy to find.
0
I don’t mind this postponement on 08:58 - Feb 26 with 329 viewsWhiterockin

I don’t mind this postponement on 13:47 - Feb 25 by Thornburyswan

Style for me was Laudrup & Martinez, always felt Rodgers was more a possession based approach, that said you are right about memory & time.

I’m broadly happy with current philosophy & very happy with where it has taken us so far - just missing that ‘get’s you off your seat/sofa’ type player e.g. Michu, Trunds, Curt etc but they are not easy to find.


I think Lowe would feed off the fans if we were there and be "that" sort of player.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2021 10:18]
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026