Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Scott speaks 09:37 - Feb 21 with 1023 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/andy-scott-interview-

https://t.co/JNfIbtDw3S

Good read that

This post has been edited by an administrator
Andy Scott speaks on 10:27 - Feb 21 with 977 viewsKeithHaynes

Good lad is Ian 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Andy Scott speaks on 10:44 - Feb 21 with 949 viewsonehunglow

Morning Guv.
Ivr read that interview and it's quite detailed.

Why is there so little "support" for our owners.

I really cannot be as sanguine because within real money we cannot survive in the Prem,which takes us back to ownership. It is everything .

We might get promoted but what happens then is really interesting. I hope we get to see it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Andy Scott speaks on 10:58 - Feb 21 with 944 viewsKeithHaynes

I think generally there is much support for the staff, Scott we have featured on here numerous times, and to a lesser extent there is some support for the owners. Football fans have long memories and Levien etc have more to do to make the supporters more confident in them.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Andy Scott speaks on 11:31 - Feb 21 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Andy Scott speaks on 10:58 - Feb 21 by KeithHaynes

I think generally there is much support for the staff, Scott we have featured on here numerous times, and to a lesser extent there is some support for the owners. Football fans have long memories and Levien etc have more to do to make the supporters more confident in them.

Agree with last paragraph. Legal action win't help really tighten the bond

Andy Scott speaks on 15:18 - Feb 21 with 815 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andy Scott speaks on 11:31 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Legal action is probably unlikely I would guess. The reasons for its justification and vote for action have been forgotten because it has taken so long. HM Governemt was able to agree Brexit quicker.

It will only make sense if Swansea are in league 2 which the traditional Swansea pessimists expected to happen. Instead of cutting and running and "flipping" the club as they expected, the US people have injected cash and the new board director says he is here for the long to medium term and not a speculator. I believe him. (Thats not to say he will not sell up if he gets a good offer out of the blue).

Wise sage since Toshack era

Andy Scott speaks on 15:23 - Feb 21 with 810 viewsChief

Andy Scott speaks on 15:18 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Legal action is probably unlikely I would guess. The reasons for its justification and vote for action have been forgotten because it has taken so long. HM Governemt was able to agree Brexit quicker.

It will only make sense if Swansea are in league 2 which the traditional Swansea pessimists expected to happen. Instead of cutting and running and "flipping" the club as they expected, the US people have injected cash and the new board director says he is here for the long to medium term and not a speculator. I believe him. (Thats not to say he will not sell up if he gets a good offer out of the blue).

Less than a month ago the Americans were asked and referred to the potential litigation in their interview. So it seems they haven't forgotten about it. The trust in all their updates to members have also stated preparations are ongoing.

But please keep burying your head in the sand and acting deluded if you makes you feel better.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andy Scott speaks on 15:39 - Feb 21 with 797 viewsonehunglow

Andy Scott speaks on 11:31 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

It will snap it completely.It will also put off any potential buyer with the money to ensure we stay in the Prem.
Apart from those envious at the sellers profits,I remain staggered as to why this action is still yearned for.

Andy Scott speaks on 15:51 - Feb 21 with 787 viewsChief

Andy Scott speaks on 15:39 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

It will snap it completely.It will also put off any potential buyer with the money to ensure we stay in the Prem.
Apart from those envious at the sellers profits,I remain staggered as to why this action is still yearned for.

The Americans did imply that they'd like to build some brodges in their recent interview, so let's see what occurs next. The ball's currently in their court.

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Scott speaks on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 783 viewsonehunglow

Andy Scott speaks on 15:51 - Feb 21 by Chief

The Americans did imply that they'd like to build some brodges in their recent interview, so let's see what occurs next. The ball's currently in their court.

Brodge. That 's a beaut

When I think of American and bridges I think of that one on Washington state .

We need them to sell us and to someone with clout

Andy Scott speaks on 16:09 - Feb 21 with 766 viewsChief

But anyway, Andy Scott saying the right things. Encouraging.

Andy Scott speaks on 16:13 - Feb 21 with 759 viewsHighjack

Andy Scott speaks on 10:44 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Morning Guv.
Ivr read that interview and it's quite detailed.

Why is there so little "support" for our owners.

I really cannot be as sanguine because within real money we cannot survive in the Prem,which takes us back to ownership. It is everything .

We might get promoted but what happens then is really interesting. I hope we get to see it.

The owners are so distant, we don’t even know who half of them are. And for huge periods of their tenure they’ve largely been AWOL.

It’s hard to support them when it has been fairly obvious that they largely don’t give a shite.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Andy Scott speaks on 16:19 - Feb 21 with 750 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andy Scott speaks on 15:23 - Feb 21 by Chief

Less than a month ago the Americans were asked and referred to the potential litigation in their interview. So it seems they haven't forgotten about it. The trust in all their updates to members have also stated preparations are ongoing.

But please keep burying your head in the sand and acting deluded if you makes you feel better.

The Trust can do what they like. If they want to bale out and give a third of their 2016 inheritence away to ambukance chasers that is what they must do. Giving them millions is pointless as they cannot even get decent returns on what they have.

The preparations have taken 3 years and counting with excuses runing thin. (someone was ill aparently). I expect the leadership is keen for an easy way out of a very bad idea without losing face. They should start backing the club Cooper, Scott, Winter, and the US owners.

There is a £42m pay day sometime in the next decade to be reeaped. All it needs is patience judgement and networking skills.

Andy Scott speaks on 17:04 - Feb 21 with 719 viewsChief

Andy Scott speaks on 16:19 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust can do what they like. If they want to bale out and give a third of their 2016 inheritence away to ambukance chasers that is what they must do. Giving them millions is pointless as they cannot even get decent returns on what they have.

The preparations have taken 3 years and counting with excuses runing thin. (someone was ill aparently). I expect the leadership is keen for an easy way out of a very bad idea without losing face. They should start backing the club Cooper, Scott, Winter, and the US owners.

There is a £42m pay day sometime in the next decade to be reeaped. All it needs is patience judgement and networking skills.

Do we really have to Tread this path yet again? When we drill down into your claims you usually drift back into the shadows so let's not bother ruining another thread.

Thankfully few it seems are duped by your guerilla propaganda campaign.

Andy Scott speaks on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 696 viewsCatullus

Andy Scott speaks on 17:04 - Feb 21 by Chief

Do we really have to Tread this path yet again? When we drill down into your claims you usually drift back into the shadows so let's not bother ruining another thread.

Thankfully few it seems are duped by your guerilla propaganda campaign.

Always cracks on about decent returns but the Trust aren't a hedge fund, they cannot gamble with other peoples money.

Never passes up a chance to attack the Trust, the Res, even if it means taking a thread off topic.

On the OP, what he says about Potter taking staff with him, did we get compo for all of them?
It's an unfortunate thing about modern football, you don't just lose the manager/coach, you lose your best scouts and coaches too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Andy Scott speaks on 20:10 - Feb 21 with 645 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andy Scott speaks on 17:57 - Feb 21 by Catullus

Always cracks on about decent returns but the Trust aren't a hedge fund, they cannot gamble with other peoples money.

Never passes up a chance to attack the Trust, the Res, even if it means taking a thread off topic.

On the OP, what he says about Potter taking staff with him, did we get compo for all of them?
It's an unfortunate thing about modern football, you don't just lose the manager/coach, you lose your best scouts and coaches too.

Scott talks abut his links to Winter and the US leadership team more than he does with Cooper and Marsh. He will stay if they up and leave as he speaks as a company man. The pretty useless McCauley was aligned to Potter and jumped ship with him. This comes out in the WoL report.

The Trust are not allowed to invest in 'hedge funds' so you do not need to keep mentioning them. They are limited to experienced investors only. You are clearly 'financially illiterate' in investment terms like many others.

Andy Scott speaks on 08:32 - Feb 22 with 555 views34dfgdf54

Andy Scott speaks on 20:10 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Scott talks abut his links to Winter and the US leadership team more than he does with Cooper and Marsh. He will stay if they up and leave as he speaks as a company man. The pretty useless McCauley was aligned to Potter and jumped ship with him. This comes out in the WoL report.

The Trust are not allowed to invest in 'hedge funds' so you do not need to keep mentioning them. They are limited to experienced investors only. You are clearly 'financially illiterate' in investment terms like many others.

Potter did completely leave us in the sh*t didn't he.

As much as I rate him as a manager, that can't be forgiven for me.
Andy Scott speaks on 09:00 - Feb 22 with 544 viewsNotLoyal

Andy Scott speaks on 08:32 - Feb 22 by 34dfgdf54

Similar to when Martinez went, took everyone he wanted with him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Andy Scott speaks on 09:47 - Feb 22 with 527 viewsonehunglow

Andy Scott speaks on 16:13 - Feb 21 by Highjack

The owners are so distant, we don’t even know who half of them are. And for huge periods of their tenure they’ve largely been AWOL.

It’s hard to support them when it has been fairly obvious that they largely don’t give a shite.

Fair riposte and why we have to be sold.I dont to whom so long as they truly move us forward. I don't want a love in myself.

Andy Scott speaks on 14:02 - Feb 22 with 486 viewsReslovenSwan1

Andy Scott speaks on 08:32 - Feb 22 by 34dfgdf54

The club set itself up that way. Swansea city dispensed with HJ s man Ledbetter and gave Potter his own recruitment man. This may have been one of the conditins of him joining. The fans and the Trust were insistent that HJ kept his fingers out of recruitement.

McCauley possibly restricted to the bargain bucket of recruitment came up with Asoro John McKay and Celina for a whopping £7m . Potter then ditched Asoro realising that the academy players at Swansea were better prepared, Potter wanted to spend another £7m on a dud Ryan Woods and sulked when they wanted to bring the price down to £3m. Stoke outbid Swansea and played the £7m. He bombed at Stoke.

Potter presumably had some form of gentleman's agreement with HJ to stay for at least two seasons possibly but when HJ was ditched / walked he did not consider himself bound by that agreement and left, thankfully taking McCauley with him. McCauley could have done a lot of damage to the club.

Swansea then returned to a separate recruitment team to the manager that had worked so well previously. Managers must accept they get the players they want where possible but also use the players provided by the clubs recruitment staff based on statistics, contract situation and scouting software etc. The Scott interview indicates he is a 'company man' not part of the managers group similarly with Mr Allen who seems too high powered to be siply in charge of the academy . Scott and Allen might have a role in selecting the next manager in fact taking over the Leon / Alan Curtis role I would guess.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:07]

Andy Scott speaks on 14:42 - Feb 22 with 469 views34dfgdf54

Andy Scott speaks on 14:02 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The club set itself up that way. Swansea city dispensed with HJ s man Ledbetter and gave Potter his own recruitment man. This may have been one of the conditins of him joining. The fans and the Trust were insistent that HJ kept his fingers out of recruitement.

McCauley possibly restricted to the bargain bucket of recruitment came up with Asoro John McKay and Celina for a whopping £7m . Potter then ditched Asoro realising that the academy players at Swansea were better prepared, Potter wanted to spend another £7m on a dud Ryan Woods and sulked when they wanted to bring the price down to £3m. Stoke outbid Swansea and played the £7m. He bombed at Stoke.

Potter presumably had some form of gentleman's agreement with HJ to stay for at least two seasons possibly but when HJ was ditched / walked he did not consider himself bound by that agreement and left, thankfully taking McCauley with him. McCauley could have done a lot of damage to the club.

Swansea then returned to a separate recruitment team to the manager that had worked so well previously. Managers must accept they get the players they want where possible but also use the players provided by the clubs recruitment staff based on statistics, contract situation and scouting software etc. The Scott interview indicates he is a 'company man' not part of the managers group similarly with Mr Allen who seems too high powered to be siply in charge of the academy . Scott and Allen might have a role in selecting the next manager in fact taking over the Leon / Alan Curtis role I would guess.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2021 14:07]

I believe Woods have been alot better fit for us that he has been at Stoke for example, similar to Joey, so I wouldn't judge his time there and believe he has bombed, though yes the fee was way too much.

Last paragraph spot on, hence my post earlier about Cooper having a cob on about not getting a 9 in January, he used to Morris injury to highlight it again in his press conference today and I don't blame him to be honest. I assumed at the time Whittaker was one of his signings using his England contacts but since then Scott has taken responsibility for that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024