Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viable, or not? 10:29 - Apr 28 with 924 viewsCatullus

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/expected-cost-new-velindre-cancer-20480614

The costs have tripled. If they were this far out is it deliberate to push it through no matter what or are they just useless?

Then read further, the heads of the valleys road widening is to cost 1.14 billion (up to now) for 11 miles of road. They scrapped the M4 relief partly because of cost but wouldn't the M4 project be of greater benefit to many more people? Will the HOTV projecy have no environmental impact? It stinks to me, the HOTV will only cost 590 million to do but because they are using PFI (as with the Velindre hospiatl build) the final cost is much higher.

Even Plaid are against this,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55202415

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Viable, or not? on 10:33 - Apr 28 with 917 viewsProfessor

There's probably little choice Cat-similar problems, escalating costs, overruns and the contractor going bust on the new Royal Infirmary in Liverpool.

I doubt the HOV as the same impact as the loss of wetlands on the Gwent levels-of course if Cardiff Bay had not been barraged, then the wetlands associated with he Taff Estuary would still be there and mitigate against those for the M4 relief. Just putting that out there.
Viable, or not? on 13:53 - Apr 28 with 876 viewsWingstandwood

The way things go way over budget like that is staggering. TRIPLED!!! And? It’s gone over budget in (surprise, surprise) Cardiff yet again! An absolutely obscene over-excess!

SW Wales/Swansea cancer patients have had to travel to Cardiff for Positron Emission Tomography (PET/CT) scan despite 20 years of devolved government. That says it all to me i.e. Cardiff! Cardiff! Cardiff!... and the rest of Wales can get stuffed.

Oh, and I do wonder if the reason for the Welsh Government declining Westminster money for a M4 relief road is they wanted ALL the money to go to Cardiff all along. And not only that i.e. wanting a safety-net of surplus money in reserve for any overspend and to accommodate even more grandiose add-ons for the Metro scheme

Argus!

Viable, or not? on 14:01 - Apr 28 with 865 viewsonehunglow

Granted Im a clown but I grew up thinking Swansea was THE capital and centre of culture/sport/shopping for all of south west Wales. Everything and everyone .

That is has now little influence or significance depresses me.

Make no mistake,Cardiff is the "capital" for Gogs which is Caernarfon.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Viable, or not? on 16:55 - Apr 28 with 825 viewsKilkennyjack

Viable, or not? on 13:53 - Apr 28 by Wingstandwood

The way things go way over budget like that is staggering. TRIPLED!!! And? It’s gone over budget in (surprise, surprise) Cardiff yet again! An absolutely obscene over-excess!

SW Wales/Swansea cancer patients have had to travel to Cardiff for Positron Emission Tomography (PET/CT) scan despite 20 years of devolved government. That says it all to me i.e. Cardiff! Cardiff! Cardiff!... and the rest of Wales can get stuffed.

Oh, and I do wonder if the reason for the Welsh Government declining Westminster money for a M4 relief road is they wanted ALL the money to go to Cardiff all along. And not only that i.e. wanting a safety-net of surplus money in reserve for any overspend and to accommodate even more grandiose add-ons for the Metro scheme

M4 road not needed.

Less traffic now people are working from home more.

Also transport is devolved.
Its not a decision for Westmonster.

Beware of the Risen People

Viable, or not? on 17:58 - Apr 28 with 821 viewsCatullus

Viable, or not? on 16:55 - Apr 28 by Kilkennyjack

M4 road not needed.

I've put you right on this before. We don't know how many people will still be working from home after covid and there will still be a lot of traffic because of haulage firms too.

Even with many people still not going to the office there are still queues at pinch points now. Birchgrove roundabout had queues this morning and this afternoon.

Have you not noticed how many business people have been demanding people need to be back in their offices, they keep saying the town centres will die without the footfall and small businesses will go broke.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Viable, or not? on 18:07 - Apr 28 with 807 viewsonehunglow

Viable, or not? on 17:58 - Apr 28 by Catullus

I've put you right on this before. We don't know how many people will still be working from home after covid and there will still be a lot of traffic because of haulage firms too.

Even with many people still not going to the office there are still queues at pinch points now. Birchgrove roundabout had queues this morning and this afternoon.

Have you not noticed how many business people have been demanding people need to be back in their offices, they keep saying the town centres will die without the footfall and small businesses will go broke.

I d ay the nats want Wales to go back to pre Industrial days where we were a backwater economy with a few rich land owners letting off their land for the "plebs"

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Viable, or not? on 18:10 - Apr 28 with 811 viewsmajorraglan

There should not be any PFI or whatever it’s replacement is called schemes allowed, it’s a huge financial commitment. If there is a need to spend the money, then it should be factored in or there should be a way of borrowing the cash without having to pay obscene rates of interest.
Viable, or not? on 18:10 - Apr 28 with 811 viewsProfessor

Viable, or not? on 17:58 - Apr 28 by Catullus

If you have negotiated the Caerleon to Brynglas stretch on Friday Afternoon it should be bloody obvious it is needed. It’s a clear barrier to development in South Wales.
Login to get fewer ads

Viable, or not? on 18:17 - Apr 28 with 805 viewsCatullus

Viable, or not? on 18:10 - Apr 28 by Professor

If you have negotiated the Caerleon to Brynglas stretch on Friday Afternoon it should be bloody obvious it is needed. It’s a clear barrier to development in South Wales.

It hasn't stopped them doing the HOTV but how much business traffic uses that 11 mile stretch comoared to the M4?

As somebody said, environmental concerns didn't matter when it came to "Cardiff Bay" and then there have been loads of complaints and objections about the Velindre project but still they wave it through and the PFI will cost Wales a fortune.

If Wales is to keep the Senedd then they need to be able to borrow money so PFI can be kicked out. How long will it take Wales topay this PFI off and at what cost to other things in Wales that need investment?
It might just be me but I don't think they'd spend over one billion on a project in Swansea.

Viable, or not? on 12:25 - Apr 29 with 743 viewsBoundy

Viable, or not? on 18:17 - Apr 28 by Catullus

It hasn't stopped them doing the HOTV but how much business traffic uses that 11 mile stretch comoared to the M4?

As somebody said, environmental concerns didn't matter when it came to "Cardiff Bay" and then there have been loads of complaints and objections about the Velindre project but still they wave it through and the PFI will cost Wales a fortune.

If Wales is to keep the Senedd then they need to be able to borrow money so PFI can be kicked out. How long will it take Wales topay this PFI off and at what cost to other things in Wales that need investment?
It might just be me but I don't think they'd spend over one billion on a project in Swansea.

The traffic flows on the HOV compared to the M4 is incomparable , when the HOV upgrade was needed we had heavy industry which used it as the main route from s Wales to the midlands now it's mainly local traffic hopping on and off as required. Although an extremely impressive engineering feat certainly between Brynmawr & Gilwern its probably 20 years too late . With the stretch between down from Dowlais top to Hirwaun next on the plans ( admittedly a dangerous stretch of road not because of its design but by plebs who are not happy at travelling at reduced speeds for 7 miles or so )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Viable, or not? on 14:19 - Apr 29 with 721 viewsfelixstowe_jack

M4 road not needed.

Transport is devolved but that did not stop the Welsh government from taking money from the EU even if the money from the EU was part of the UK taxpayers annual payment .
It seems for party dogma reasons labour are happy to take the UK subsidy, happy to take UK taxpayers money after the EU has had it cut, but not happy to take UK taxpayers money to the M4 relief road.
It is nonsense to claim in is not longer needed I used it twice this month on my visit to Wales huge slow moving queues belching out pollutants.

The environmental impact on the monmouthshire levels is much exaggerated. It is only 6 miles long and about 100 yards wide through the levels. That is about 36 acres. The Welsh government could easily buy 36 acres of farmland and turn it into wetlands.

Still labour would rather put a brake on the Welsh economy and privatise the Velindre hospital which is the correct name for PFI.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 14:21]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Viable, or not? on 18:57 - Apr 29 with 680 viewsmajorraglan

Viable, or not? on 14:19 - Apr 29 by felixstowe_jack

Transport is devolved but that did not stop the Welsh government from taking money from the EU even if the money from the EU was part of the UK taxpayers annual payment .
It seems for party dogma reasons labour are happy to take the UK subsidy, happy to take UK taxpayers money after the EU has had it cut, but not happy to take UK taxpayers money to the M4 relief road.
It is nonsense to claim in is not longer needed I used it twice this month on my visit to Wales huge slow moving queues belching out pollutants.

The environmental impact on the monmouthshire levels is much exaggerated. It is only 6 miles long and about 100 yards wide through the levels. That is about 36 acres. The Welsh government could easily buy 36 acres of farmland and turn it into wetlands.

Still labour would rather put a brake on the Welsh economy and privatise the Velindre hospital which is the correct name for PFI.

It’s definitely needed, it’s the gateway to Wales and a key factor in regenerating our economy and increasing prosperity, development around Bristol is huge and there’s no reason we can’t be like that.

I believe in taking a green stance and protecting the environment, when construction s factored in the area affected will be bigger, but as you say some if not all of that can be mitigated wth an environmental programme or two. They need to sort it out.
Viable, or not? on 19:42 - Apr 29 with 668 viewsSlugster664

I can never understand why, when discussing the M4 relief road, the Swansea/SW Senedd members never have mentioned widening the M4 through PT/North of Swansea to say Pont Abram(with plans to go further west in the future) I know for a fact that Swansea's/SW Wales economy is effected by the appalling 'gateway' into our region...and now no electrification into Swansea! WG, WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.

STID

Viable, or not? on 19:44 - Apr 29 with 666 viewsKilkennyjack

Viable, or not? on 14:19 - Apr 29 by felixstowe_jack

Sustainability.
There are other options than the destruction of the Gwent wet lands.

Johnson does not care about this, its just a game to upset the Senedd.
Johnson thinks its funny.

Never mind, its curtains for Johnson. Gone by July.

Viable, or not? on 19:47 - Apr 29 with 659 viewstrampie

Viable, or not? on 19:42 - Apr 29 by Slugster664

I can never understand why, when discussing the M4 relief road, the Swansea/SW Senedd members never have mentioned widening the M4 through PT/North of Swansea to say Pont Abram(with plans to go further west in the future) I know for a fact that Swansea's/SW Wales economy is effected by the appalling 'gateway' into our region...and now no electrification into Swansea! WG, WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY.

That is what people get for voting for unionist parties.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Viable, or not? on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 656 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Viable, or not? on 19:44 - Apr 29 by Kilkennyjack

Sustainability.

Nobody who has to travel along the M4 is laughing. The bottle neck is killing investment in Wales and costing jobs.

Can you tell my why the senedd accepts funding from UK taxpayers when it comes via the EU but refuses to accept UK taxpayers money from the UK government.

Simple question please answer.

Viable, or not? on 19:55 - Apr 29 with 651 viewsCatullus

Viable, or not? on 19:44 - Apr 29 by Kilkennyjack

Sustainability.

Other options you say, tell us then, where else can they build a motorway to help traffic flow and encourgae business into South West Wales?

Viable, or not? on 20:08 - Apr 29 with 642 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Killy has still not explained why the senedd has privatised the building and running of Velindre hospital. I thought Labour were against privatisation of the NHS.

The government can borrow money at 2% the private company building Velindre hospital will want a 10% return.

Viable, or not? on 10:23 - Apr 30 with 604 viewsCatullus

Viable, or not? on 20:08 - Apr 29 by felixstowe_jack

Killy has still not explained why the senedd has privatised the building and running of Velindre hospital. I thought Labour were against privatisation of the NHS.

The government can borrow money at 2% the private company building Velindre hospital will want a 10% return.

Does anyone know which private comoany this is and do they have any political connections?

Viable, or not? on 01:26 - May 23 with 482 viewsKeithHaynes

Bump. On to not football thread.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Viable, or not? on 09:33 - May 23 with 437 viewsKilkennyjack

Viable, or not? on 20:08 - Apr 29 by felixstowe_jack

I am not the senedd.

I am a Swans fan. 🤷‍♂️

Viable, or not? on 09:35 - May 23 with 436 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Viable, or not? on 09:33 - May 23 by Kilkennyjack

I am not the senedd.

I am a Swans fan. 🤷‍♂️

Just as well you would fit in well there never answering and questions.

Viable, or not? on 10:59 - May 23 with 419 viewsCatullus

M4 road not needed.

More of the same nonsense. Have you seen how much traffic is back on the roads? Have you again not noticed that HGV drivers cannot work from home? You must have ignored it when the business people were saying most people must return to the office at least part time.

Open your eyes Kilky.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024