Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes 14:48 - Jun 1 with 10300 viewsGroo

A good film with subtitles showing what the Argentine conscripts went through.

Groo does what Groo does best

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:09 - Jun 2 with 1056 viewsGroo

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 13:48 - Jun 2 by CountyJim

Argentina didn't exist when we took the Falklands how on earth do they have any claim

They also lie about the history of the Islands or conveniently airbrush the British presence out.

One lie they constantly state is the fact that Britain usurped the Islands in 1833, forcibly removing the Argentinian settlers.

* This claim disregards the standing British claims to the Islands, the fact that the settlers were on the Islands with British permission.

* That Britain had warned the United Provinces (no Argentina at that time) after they had announced they were sending a garrison in 1832 (the second warning to stay away in 3 years).

*The fact that the garrison only landed late October 1832 before the British sent a frigate to evict them on 1st Jan 1833.

* Only the garrison was removed, the settlers were persuaded to stay (only 4 left, they chose to leave).

* In the 2 months the garrison was there, the men revolted and murdered the officer in charge (the mutiny was put down with the help of French and British merchant seamen).

* There was no violence.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:14 - Jun 2 with 1044 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 10:49 - Jun 2 by raynor94

Because the Russians did so well in Afghanistan.

Your point is?
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:21 - Jun 2 with 1032 viewsraynor94

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:14 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

Your point is?

Didn't Russia invade Afghanistan?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:22 - Jun 2 with 1032 viewsGroo

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:04 - Jun 2 by Vincent_Vega

There's a you tube channel called 'simplified history' which gives a more balanced view on the history of the Falklands including the war itself. I recommend if you have a spare 15min.

It is rather over simplified, misses out quite a bit but gives an idea into the history.

Towards the end it mentions the vote where it states 3 voted to become Argentinian, this was not true, the vote was to remain British or not, the 3 not votes could be for independence from both Countries.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 1027 viewsVincent_Vega

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:22 - Jun 2 by Groo

It is rather over simplified, misses out quite a bit but gives an idea into the history.

Towards the end it mentions the vote where it states 3 voted to become Argentinian, this was not true, the vote was to remain British or not, the 3 not votes could be for independence from both Countries.

Like I said to squeeze 2 centuries of history in about 15 minutes you are going to miss quite a bit.

The manny man does history is quite decent to but he's gone a bit political with his latest videos.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 1007 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:01 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

Don't be silly. The SAS are good as they are a a tiny unit, a few hundred at most.

Supplemented by 2 & 3 Battalions of the Parachute regiment so not a few hundred at all .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:11 - Jun 2 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 15:28 - Jun 2 by Boundy

Supplemented by 2 & 3 Battalions of the Parachute regiment so not a few hundred at all .

And contro again puffing out his cheeks in humility.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:13 - Jun 2 with 981 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:11 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

And contro again puffing out his cheeks in humility.

Nah, he's still red from embarrassment about those who failed to live up to his expectations .

Login to get fewer ads

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:23 - Jun 2 with 964 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:13 - Jun 2 by Boundy

Nah, he's still red from embarrassment about those who failed to live up to his expectations .

I remember this conflict and the pride I felt seeing our brave servicemen going out there to fight for the freedom of British people who love us and proud to part of us.

I recoiled when the lefty filth criticised OUR troops and felt pity for the Argies.

We really are warped and do not appreciate the freedom of expression we have.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:33 - Jun 2 with 974 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:23 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

I remember this conflict and the pride I felt seeing our brave servicemen going out there to fight for the freedom of British people who love us and proud to part of us.

I recoiled when the lefty filth criticised OUR troops and felt pity for the Argies.

There was no need for a war.

There was no need for any brave soldier to die.
Thatcher should have talked and waited.

I guess an element in our society likes a war with people very much like them, whom they have never met. God only knows why.

Beware of the Risen People

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:44 - Jun 2 with 955 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:33 - Jun 2 by Kilkennyjack

I guess an element in our society likes a war with people very much like them, whom they have never met. God only knows why.

There was every need for it.
Sometimes,you just have to be positive and protect British people.
This of course will go against the grain for Irish rebel fans
Ireland -neutral- Innit ,apart when it comes to the Brits.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:48 - Jun 2 with 968 viewsGroo

If Thatcher had talked and waited, as you say, the Falklands would now be Malvina's, the people who live there would have been relocated off the islands or murdered.

Like anywhere in life, you have to stand up to bullies, not doing so would mean they take advantage.

I would guess you think that Hitler should have been allowed to do as he wanted and not care.

I will say, it should never have happened, Thatcher made all the signs before they invaded that Britain would not react.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:44 - Jun 2 with 955 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 15:28 - Jun 2 by Boundy

That's not what was said in the post
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:49 - Jun 2 with 946 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:13 - Jun 2 by Boundy

It's nothing personal, it's just what happened. Why do so many take these things personally.The study of military actions is a perfectly legitimate activity , and anyone can do it with a little research in their local library.

The British army performed poorly in Iraq and Afghanistan. that's just how it was.If it offends anyone's nationalist feelings then that's too bad and it won't change what happened
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:51 - Jun 2 with 946 viewsProfessor

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 17:23 - Jun 2 by onehunglow

You can feel pity for those conscripted young men, but fully support our forces at war. Better for no one to die of course, but having lost friends in Iraq, you have to support our people. It’s not a left thing- it’s a ‘right on’ form of the left.
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 19:21 - Jun 2 with 931 views1983

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 14:01 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

Don't be silly. The SAS are good as they are a a tiny unit, a few hundred at most.

The SAS were sent to bomb the Argie air base where the fighter planes were coming out of and were "compromised" (they just wanted the Argies to know they were there) they then tabbed into Chile

That is when the Argies knew we were there to win and not feck about.....Mind games 👍
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 19:26]

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes (n/t) on 19:35 - Jun 2 with 916 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:51 - Jun 2 by Professor

You can feel pity for those conscripted young men, but fully support our forces at war. Better for no one to die of course, but having lost friends in Iraq, you have to support our people. It’s not a left thing- it’s a ‘right on’ form of the left.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 19:36 - Jun 2 with 915 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:51 - Jun 2 by Professor

When an enemy is looking to kill you,it matters not whether he was conscripted or not.No compensation to one's family either.
An enemy soldier is just that.

We have the luxury of discussing this

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:05 - Jun 2 with 912 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You are correct the Argentina government should not have sent their armed forces to invade a the sovereign territory. When will dictatorships learn to obey international law. Perhaps they should have talked first.

Having declared war, by invading, the Argentina government could only expect a robust response.

It was good to democracy overcome the actions of a military junta.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:08 - Jun 2 with 905 viewsonehunglow

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:05 - Jun 2 by felixstowe_jack

You are correct the Argentina government should not have sent their armed forces to invade a the sovereign territory. When will dictatorships learn to obey international law. Perhaps they should have talked first.

Having declared war, by invading, the Argentina government could only expect a robust response.

It was good to democracy overcome the actions of a military junta.

It also helped to eventually get rid of the military junta

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:23 - Jun 2 with 901 viewsraynor94

Dear me, it's a reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:40 - Jun 2 with 883 viewsBoundy

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 18:49 - Jun 2 by controversial_jack

It's nothing personal, it's just what happened. Why do so many take these things personally.The study of military actions is a perfectly legitimate activity , and anyone can do it with a little research in their local library.

The British army performed poorly in Iraq and Afghanistan. that's just how it was.If it offends anyone's nationalist feelings then that's too bad and it won't change what happened

Nothing personal but the use of the word embarrassed isn't one that reflected the time or attitudes. Perhaps its just you. Any way my apologies to the OP for going off topic.

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:19 - Jun 2 with 871 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:40 - Jun 2 by Boundy

Nothing personal but the use of the word embarrassed isn't one that reflected the time or attitudes. Perhaps its just you. Any way my apologies to the OP for going off topic.

What word should i have used instead, " disappointing, Unsatisfactory?"
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:28 - Jun 2 with 867 viewscontroversial_jack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 19:21 - Jun 2 by 1983

The SAS were sent to bomb the Argie air base where the fighter planes were coming out of and were "compromised" (they just wanted the Argies to know they were there) they then tabbed into Chile

That is when the Argies knew we were there to win and not feck about.....Mind games 👍
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 19:26]

How many bombs do you think it would take to bomb an air base? They are massive, well patrolled and very secure.It would take tons of the stuff
Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 21:48 - Jun 2 with 862 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland War from Argentine Eyes on 20:23 - Jun 2 by raynor94

Dear me, it's a reincarnation of Neville Chamberlain

Are you pretending to be a big tough Brit nat now from your safe arm chair and drinking hot cocoa ?

Would you send your precious young son to fight and die when the politicians should have sorted this without the need for anyone to have to die...?

And if the answer is no, then you should not send somebody else’s son.
And your answer should be a resounding no.

Aw well you can get back to the hot cocoa now ...

Bloody Argies, Maggies handbag, back in the day, unions, lefties, nurse ... yakety yak ....,

This post has been edited by an administrator

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024