Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh language 10:42 - Jun 3 with 2498 viewsCwmafanJack

Is there any parts of the South Wales valleys that have any significant speakers anymore? There's quite a few in cwmafan but that seems to be more wenglish.

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Welsh language on 11:36 - Jun 3 with 2077 viewsAguycalledJack

Living in Carmarthen (not the valleys) plenty of welsh speakers. Wife is first language welsh. As I see it the language is so old that a lot of modern day life is not translatable as there is no welsh word for some things. I speak a form of what i term as pidgin welsh, ie first language is English but have stock phrases that get me by and that I use with my 3 year old.
Welsh language on 13:13 - Jun 3 with 2043 viewsonehunglow

Welsh language on 11:36 - Jun 3 by AguycalledJack

Living in Carmarthen (not the valleys) plenty of welsh speakers. Wife is first language welsh. As I see it the language is so old that a lot of modern day life is not translatable as there is no welsh word for some things. I speak a form of what i term as pidgin welsh, ie first language is English but have stock phrases that get me by and that I use with my 3 year old.

What do they talk about ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh language on 13:58 - Jun 3 with 2034 viewsScotia

As someone who has to get all of my work letters translated in to Welsh and answer my phone in Welsh. I would say no, as I don't think I've continued correspondance in Welsh.

There are some first language Welsh speakers around but they only really speak and not read and write in Welsh.

I cover all of South Wales - from Monmouthshire to Pembs, it is very different further North.
Welsh language on 14:02 - Jun 3 with 2023 viewsonehunglow

Welsh language on 13:58 - Jun 3 by Scotia

As someone who has to get all of my work letters translated in to Welsh and answer my phone in Welsh. I would say no, as I don't think I've continued correspondance in Welsh.

There are some first language Welsh speakers around but they only really speak and not read and write in Welsh.

I cover all of South Wales - from Monmouthshire to Pembs, it is very different further North.

You been to Deeside?

Try ordering a pint of cwrw in Queensferry or Shotton or Mancot or Prestatyn ,come to that.

Welsh language on 14:39 - Jun 3 with 2002 viewsAguycalledJack

Pretty much everything with as I said the English thrown into the mix when needed. Wife is a pharmacist for the nhs and a lot of what she does is through the medium of welsh.
Welsh language on 14:58 - Jun 3 with 1987 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Welsh language on 13:13 - Jun 3 by onehunglow

England.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Welsh language on 17:46 - Jun 3 with 1941 viewsonehunglow

Welsh language on 14:58 - Jun 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

England.

Unemployment, loss of job, the kids future, how great things were .

How great thou art

Welsh language on 00:31 - Jun 4 with 1893 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Popty macrodon

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh language on 06:17 - Jun 4 with 1850 viewsbuilthjack

Plenty of Welsh speakers in these here parts.
More kids than ever are learning Welsh.
Great to see.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh language on 06:43 - Jun 4 with 1843 views73__73

Welsh language on 06:17 - Jun 4 by builthjack

Great to see.

Does anyone actually live in your parts ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh language on 07:59 - Jun 4 with 1823 viewsBoundy

There's a plenty in Swansea ( its estimated 1 in 6) speak the language and with an increase in Welsh language schools hopefully theta will remain if not increase in the future .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh language on 08:38 - Jun 4 with 1813 viewsAguycalledJack

Welsh language on 06:17 - Jun 4 by builthjack

Great to see.

My daughter will be first language welsh. That said with an all Welsh speaking family on one side and all English speaking the other she is already bilingual.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2021 8:39]
Welsh language on 08:41 - Jun 4 with 1808 viewsAguycalledJack

Welsh language on 07:59 - Jun 4 by Boundy

There's a plenty in Swansea ( its estimated 1 in 6) speak the language and with an increase in Welsh language schools hopefully theta will remain if not increase in the future .

When out and about in Neath you can also hear welsh being spoken on a regular basis.
Welsh language on 09:53 - Jun 4 with 1781 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea Valley and the Amman Valley have sizeable numbers of Welsh speakers. I live further West in Carmarthen area and there is a lot of Welsh down this way. I was passing a pub in town on Sunday and could hear 4 young boys sitting on a bench having a pint all speaking Welsh, it was good to hear.
I went to the Welsh school by Port Talbot and am fluent. I use Welsh in work everyday, my kids are also fluent having been educated through the medium of Welsh.
Welsh language on 10:06 - Jun 4 with 1768 viewslifelong

Don’t ever try writing in Welsh, you have enough difficulty stringing a few words together in English.
Welsh language on 12:59 - Jun 4 with 1740 viewsonehunglow

Languages I detest ...for pure sound

Dutch /Afrikaans
Swedish
Danish
Norweigian

Best sounding

Portuguese
Russian
French
Italian

Welsh language on 22:01 - Jun 4 with 1659 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh language on 06:43 - Jun 4 by 73__73

Does anyone actually live in your parts ?

Lots. The Eastern Europeans in the area love to learn Welsh. I admire them.
We also have classes for the older English immigrants . They want to be Welsh now.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh language on 01:12 - Jun 5 with 1615 views73__73

Welsh language on 22:01 - Jun 4 by builthjack

Lots. The Eastern Europeans in the area love to learn Welsh. I admire them.
We also have classes for the older English immigrants . They want to be Welsh now.

I’m sure civilisation will reach your parts one day.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh language on 08:24 - Jun 5 with 1570 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh language on 01:12 - Jun 5 by 73__73

I’m sure civilisation will reach your parts one day.

And you are?
Stay hiding there's a good lad

Welsh language on 09:06 - Jun 5 with 1553 viewsonehunglow

Welsh language on 08:24 - Jun 5 by builthjack

And you are?
Stay hiding there's a good lad

You'd be surprised a to who he is.

Welsh language on 09:09 - Jun 5 with 1554 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh language on 09:06 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

You'd be surprised a to who he is.

I don't give people hiding behind usernames the time of day.
W⚓️S

Welsh language on 09:42 - Jun 5 with 1547 viewsKilkennyjack

Annibyniaeth

Beware the risen people.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh language on 10:11 - Jun 5 with 1541 viewsonehunglow

Seems some believe that anyone speaking Welsh is somehow more worthy and imply better than those who do not. A clear apartheid joyfully enforced .
Shameful.

Sickening
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 10:11]

Welsh language on 10:13 - Jun 5 with 1534 viewscontroversial_jack

I believe that's the same for all languages.They all change and evolve over time
Welsh language on 10:56 - Jun 5 with 1505 viewsRonaldStump

Welsh language on 12:59 - Jun 4 by onehunglow

Languages I detest ...for pure sound

Dutch /Afrikaans
Swedish
Danish
Norweigian

Best sounding

Portuguese
Russian
French
Italian

First sign of transgenderism.

When who like the sound of those 4 languages normally think they are female.

Just remember.

Go the whole hog mog

(He She Him)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024