Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Divide and Conquer 05:53 - Jun 5 with 8252 viewsRonaldStump

Is Covid 19 a side track to the real agenda at play here?

The great reset?

Anybody with a brain knows there is something not right with everything going on this crazy world at the moment.

Simple question and hoping for some constructive answers instead of the usual conspiracy theory comebacks?

Gracias
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 5:58]

(He She Him)

Divide and Conquer on 12:00 - Jun 6 with 852 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 09:27 - Jun 6 by Rumjack

That's one hell of a bold statement.

The irony being that damage done to the planet damages humans further down the line.

What damage?
Can you name the damage please that is being done that will damage humans later on?
Especially compared to the good that is being done to raise the the living standards of the 3rd world countries.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 12:02]
Divide and Conquer on 12:07 - Jun 6 with 842 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 08:19 - Jun 6 by Scotia

They have been adapting. We can now see the damage that adaption is doing to the planet.

Of course one of these methods of adaptation is migration. As human global population has increased by 7 billion in the last 200 or so years, and continues to do so, countries in northern and southern latitudes are going to be very busy.

Except the rate of population increase is slowing and has gone negative for old established industrial countries with decent standards of living.

What I find hardest to understand is your reluctance or inability to learn from the past.
If you don't learn from it you repeat the mistakes
http://www.whiteboardbusiness.com/those-who-fail-to-learn-from-history-are-doome

Whether it is the Geologic past or the mistakes of so called experts and scientists in the recent past who have been totally wrong.
So why do you believe their current predictions when they have dsiplayed absolutely no accuracy at doing so in the past?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 12:08]
Divide and Conquer on 12:14 - Jun 6 with 836 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 21:26 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"Fifty years after the publication of his controversial book The Population Bomb, biologist Paul Ehrlich warns overpopulation and overconsumption are driving us over the edge

A shattering collapse of civilisation is a “near certainty” in the next few decades due to humanity’s continuing destruction of the natural world that sustains all life on Earth, according to biologist Prof Paul Ehrlich."

It didn't happen.
Overpopulation isn't going to happen.
The Industrialised western world are already suffering lower births than deaths.
One of the main outcomes of industrialisation is Wealth, Health, Energy Education (especially for women) and Lower Birth Rates.

The Western world is having lower birth rates but what about Asia and Africa? Those are the places suffering the most, look at India!

Overconsumption, are you seriously saying we haven't destroyed habitates and eco systems in our greedy urge for more raw materials?

Erlich was wrong about the timescale but there is still an issue. We are destroying our environments, polluting the air and the seas. Sealife is shrinking, shark populations are endangered, whales too, fish stocks are at dangerously low levels. Humans are suffering from a wide range of increasing ailments, obesity is a huge issue, in the west at least.

You simply to refuse to acept all that though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Divide and Conquer on 12:21 - Jun 6 with 828 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 20:53 - Jun 5 by Rumjack

Without addding any fuel to the fire regarding conspiracies as I think most are bull**** I’m still trying to work with the statistics.

Sorry if I offend anyone as I know there’s some people on here who are a bit over emotional on this subject and I don’t think they realise we all know somebody somewhere who has suffered at some degree from this.

Here goes, this is a (hopefully) once in a generation / lifetime pandemic. At the start of this if you were told that there’s going to be a pandemic and after 15 months 3.8 million die (as of today’s official statistic) out of a global population of 7.7 billion you’d think (as a betting man I would anyway) that’s very very slim odds of dying. I wouldn’t waste a tenner betting on me dying of this. I’m no expert and I really have appreciated Proffesors insights these past 15 months but as a statistician something doesn’t smell right.

Statistics can be twisted for any purpose. People always focus on the death rate but it's about so much more than that.
Thousands of people were hospitalised, some for months. Some people with long covid are still ill 8/9 months later. The total effect on the NHS saw elective surgery and other treatments stopped which is leading to other health problems. Hospitals were pretty much full up but with thousands of people waiting for treatment or operations who have had to wait longer, in my own case I was told I'd get my hip operation last April or May, now I'm finally getting it this Thursday 13/14 months later and in that time my over all health has worsened as I became more immobile, my other hip is now bad too and the X ray showedI need that doing. The knock on effects of covid mean I could well be waiting another 5 years.

I've looked at stats and yes, the death rate is hardly huge but the other effects are also causing people health problems, people are dying or have been left to suffer badly and it'll take a long time to recover from that. It's not like the Welsh NHS was in a great place anyway.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Divide and Conquer on 14:28 - Jun 6 with 802 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 12:14 - Jun 6 by Catullus

The Western world is having lower birth rates but what about Asia and Africa? Those are the places suffering the most, look at India!

Overconsumption, are you seriously saying we haven't destroyed habitates and eco systems in our greedy urge for more raw materials?

Erlich was wrong about the timescale but there is still an issue. We are destroying our environments, polluting the air and the seas. Sealife is shrinking, shark populations are endangered, whales too, fish stocks are at dangerously low levels. Humans are suffering from a wide range of increasing ailments, obesity is a huge issue, in the west at least.

You simply to refuse to acept all that though.

You are not listening.
The reason that the 3rd world and emerging countries are having high birth rates is because they do not have everything that we have, especially education.
No we haven't destroyed habitats just for Raw materials, some have been destroyed by the green brigade who think Bio Fuels are clever, some have been destroyed to feed the people who live there and some have been destroyed for pure greed.
The air that we are "polluting" has never been cleaner in the West, it is those poor countries that are polluting the most and they are the ones that need alternatives to burning wood & dung for cooking etc and clean water.

Currently most poisoning and polluting is being done in the name of Green Energy and EVs and it will get much worse when they have to dismantle all those EVs, Solar Panels & Batteries and then replace them.

What has human obesity got to do with the environment?
It has a lot more to do with the greed of the food industry using drugs in the food to make people addicted to them.

Yes sea mammals are endangered and that is not helped by disorientating Ultra Sound from Wind Turbines entering the Seas.

So what if populations of animals are shrinking, do you really put them before humans?
So tell me how many Sharks are there in the seas?
Divide and Conquer on 14:34 - Jun 6 with 791 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 12:21 - Jun 6 by Catullus

Statistics can be twisted for any purpose. People always focus on the death rate but it's about so much more than that.
Thousands of people were hospitalised, some for months. Some people with long covid are still ill 8/9 months later. The total effect on the NHS saw elective surgery and other treatments stopped which is leading to other health problems. Hospitals were pretty much full up but with thousands of people waiting for treatment or operations who have had to wait longer, in my own case I was told I'd get my hip operation last April or May, now I'm finally getting it this Thursday 13/14 months later and in that time my over all health has worsened as I became more immobile, my other hip is now bad too and the X ray showedI need that doing. The knock on effects of covid mean I could well be waiting another 5 years.

I've looked at stats and yes, the death rate is hardly huge but the other effects are also causing people health problems, people are dying or have been left to suffer badly and it'll take a long time to recover from that. It's not like the Welsh NHS was in a great place anyway.

Which has more to do with how the Pandemic has been handled here than from the pandemic itself, I predicted exactly what would happen back in April 2020 because it was obvious the Government and NHS was totally unprepared for any kind of pandemic and did not learn a single thing from those that were, other than wash your hands often.
Just be thankfull it wasn't one with a mortality rate of 10% - 20% instead 2%.
Divide and Conquer on 15:05 - Jun 6 with 780 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 14:28 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

You are not listening.
The reason that the 3rd world and emerging countries are having high birth rates is because they do not have everything that we have, especially education.
No we haven't destroyed habitats just for Raw materials, some have been destroyed by the green brigade who think Bio Fuels are clever, some have been destroyed to feed the people who live there and some have been destroyed for pure greed.
The air that we are "polluting" has never been cleaner in the West, it is those poor countries that are polluting the most and they are the ones that need alternatives to burning wood & dung for cooking etc and clean water.

Currently most poisoning and polluting is being done in the name of Green Energy and EVs and it will get much worse when they have to dismantle all those EVs, Solar Panels & Batteries and then replace them.

It has a lot more to do with the greed of the food industry using drugs in the food to make people addicted to them.

Yes sea mammals are endangered and that is not helped by disorientating Ultra Sound from Wind Turbines entering the Seas.

So what if populations of animals are shrinking, do you really put them before humans?

I'm not listening?

A high birth rate is a high birth rate regardless of the reasons. What happens to all these children? Well currently a lot of people are heading out of Asia and Africa towards the West.

Haven't destroyed habitats, opencast mining, polluting the seas (dead zones are growing), chopping down thousands of acres of the Amazon rainforest, Glaciers vanishing, the ice shelves thinning and shrinking.

Of course you don't accept any of that but you say I'm not lstening, I am just not to you.

The seas by the way are polluted with plastics and the dead zones are created by run off from farming,pesticides and fertilisers.

Human obesity, can you not see the link, it's a very basic overconsumption of food and the resulting waste from plastic packaging.

Animals, the planet needs a balance, there is a whole ecosystem and if we ruin it then we are next. I know you've heard of the food chain.

Sharks and Rays,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55830732

Animals are every bit as important as humans, don't be so arrogant as to say otherwise.

Divide and Conquer on 15:16 - Jun 6 with 775 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 14:28 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

You are not listening.

Arrogant, ill informed nonsense. As per.
Login to get fewer ads

Divide and Conquer on 15:25 - Jun 6 with 767 viewsProfessor

Divide and Conquer on 15:16 - Jun 6 by Scotia

Complete and utter lack of understanding of ecosystems. It’s not just a few animals. I don’t think complex systems are his thing. Then again posting evidence from a publication which says the opposite to your argument and argue that ‘the data’ prove yours point shows a degree of hubris rarely seen.
Divide and Conquer on 15:29 - Jun 6 with 766 viewsProfessor

Divide and Conquer on 15:05 - Jun 6 by Catullus

I'm not listening?

A high birth rate is a high birth rate regardless of the reasons. What happens to all these children? Well currently a lot of people are heading out of Asia and Africa towards the West.

Haven't destroyed habitats, opencast mining, polluting the seas (dead zones are growing), chopping down thousands of acres of the Amazon rainforest, Glaciers vanishing, the ice shelves thinning and shrinking.

Of course you don't accept any of that but you say I'm not lstening, I am just not to you.

The seas by the way are polluted with plastics and the dead zones are created by run off from farming,pesticides and fertilisers.

Human obesity, can you not see the link, it's a very basic overconsumption of food and the resulting waste from plastic packaging.

Animals, the planet needs a balance, there is a whole ecosystem and if we ruin it then we are next. I know you've heard of the food chain.

Sharks and Rays,

Animals are every bit as important as humans, don't be so arrogant as to say otherwise.

Of course you are right Cat. Most people will support much if not all what you say there. A few, have sadly gone through a worm hole into an alternate dimension.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:48]
Divide and Conquer on 15:48 - Jun 6 with 754 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 15:05 - Jun 6 by Catullus

I'm not listening?

Sharks and Rays,

What happens to most of these children, why they die of course, which is one reason they have so many, the other being lack of an option.
You ignore what the data says about the benefits of the industrial revolution.

What has "Glaciers vanishing, the ice shelves thinning and shrinking." got to do with Man?
Did we single handedly stop the last Ice Age or the last Little Ice Age?
Those thing were all happening way before man came long with his industrial revolution.
Like I said history.
I accept that there is pollution, but it is exaggerated.
Opencast mining in terms of Global Area is absolutely minute and the current rules say that they have to be put back to original condition in civilised countries.
Ocean pollution is also minute in comparison to the total surface area.
Yes some of the Amazon Rain Forests have been converted back to the savanah conditions it used to be to feed the people living there.
Have you looked up the history of the Amazon, in particular the period after the last Ice age?
Plastic pollution is a major problem, which has been ignored for many years, especially micro-plastices which should never have been used in the first place.

What you fail to realise is that the trillions of dollars/pounds being wasted on Carbon Zero could be used to improve both the pollution and the plight of the 3rd world, but you appear to want to hold them back and return us to a pre-industrial life.
Of course you also fail to realise just how much money is being made by some with Carbon Zero which will not be made by using the tax payers money for the other 2 options.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:50]
Divide and Conquer on 16:08 - Jun 6 with 740 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 15:25 - Jun 6 by Professor

Complete and utter lack of understanding of ecosystems. It’s not just a few animals. I don’t think complex systems are his thing. Then again posting evidence from a publication which says the opposite to your argument and argue that ‘the data’ prove yours point shows a degree of hubris rarely seen.

Hello prof, more insults as usual.
You have no idea what I know.
But one thing I do know is that improving food production for poorer countries does mean burning down forests, but proper land management with mechanisation, studies have shown that water, tractors and fertilisers dramatically improve yields
You do not get there without an industrial base to support it.

Not reading the data and excepting that the authors are not wrong is your thing though isn't it.
Is 3 half of 6 or not, how can those two outcomes be considered equal?

You accepted and still accept the 3 most dangerous COVID studies ever carried out as proof that a medicine doesn't work, I wonder what the death toll was from overdosing critically ill patients?
Ever wondered about that?
Divide and Conquer on 16:10 - Jun 6 with 739 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 15:16 - Jun 6 by Scotia

Perhaps you would like to post some rebuttals, point by point?
Divide and Conquer on 16:24 - Jun 6 with 733 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 16:10 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Perhaps you would like to post some rebuttals, point by point?

I may tomorrow. I'm enjoying my day off in the sunshine today.

It'll take a while to write because you are completely wrong and fundamentally don't understand.

Perhaps you could post some evidence when in history the Amazon has been savannh or to support any of your other statements for that matter?
Divide and Conquer on 16:35 - Jun 6 with 727 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 16:24 - Jun 6 by Scotia

I may tomorrow. I'm enjoying my day off in the sunshine today.

It'll take a while to write because you are completely wrong and fundamentally don't understand.

Perhaps you could post some evidence when in history the Amazon has been savannh or to support any of your other statements for that matter?

Wiki.
"There is evidence that there have been significant changes in the Amazon rainforest vegetation over the last 21,000 years through the last glacial maximum (LGM) and subsequent deglaciation. Analyses of sediment deposits from Amazon basin paleolakes and the Amazon Fan indicate that rainfall in the basin during the LGM was lower than for the present, and this was almost certainly associated with reduced moist tropical vegetation cover in the basin.[16] There is a debate, however, over how extensive this reduction was. Some scientists argue that the rainforest was reduced to small, isolated refugia separated by open forest and grassland"

How about Air pollution in UK ( I can't speak for ther USA, but I know it is similar).
Since the 1970, note not the really bad period between 1900 and 1965, the majority of air pollutants have been reduced by 60% to 95 %.
UK Government figures.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/emissions-of-air-pollutants/emissions-o

ps I hope you are going to also tell me how many sharks there are in the seas.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 16:46]
Divide and Conquer on 16:48 - Jun 6 with 722 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Another take on Paul Ehrlich.

https://patriotpost.us/opinion/80251-suddenly-the-population-bomb-is-a-populatio
Divide and Conquer on 16:54 - Jun 6 with 720 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Green energy pollution.
https://www.manhattan-institute.org/mines-minerals-and-green-energy-reality-chec

https://earthjournalism.net/stories/the-dark-side-of-renewable-energy

https://climatechangedispatch.com/green-energy-destroying-environment-save-it/

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/wind/big-winds-dirty-little
Divide and Conquer on 17:19 - Jun 6 with 714 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 16:35 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Wiki.
"There is evidence that there have been significant changes in the Amazon rainforest vegetation over the last 21,000 years through the last glacial maximum (LGM) and subsequent deglaciation. Analyses of sediment deposits from Amazon basin paleolakes and the Amazon Fan indicate that rainfall in the basin during the LGM was lower than for the present, and this was almost certainly associated with reduced moist tropical vegetation cover in the basin.[16] There is a debate, however, over how extensive this reduction was. Some scientists argue that the rainforest was reduced to small, isolated refugia separated by open forest and grassland"

How about Air pollution in UK ( I can't speak for ther USA, but I know it is similar).
Since the 1970, note not the really bad period between 1900 and 1965, the majority of air pollutants have been reduced by 60% to 95 %.
UK Government figures.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/emissions-of-air-pollutants/emissions-o

ps I hope you are going to also tell me how many sharks there are in the seas.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 16:46]

So absolutely no evidence of this then?

"back to the savanah conditions it used to be"
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 17:20]
Divide and Conquer on 17:45 - Jun 6 with 709 viewsProfessor

Divide and Conquer on 16:08 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Hello prof, more insults as usual.
You have no idea what I know.
But one thing I do know is that improving food production for poorer countries does mean burning down forests, but proper land management with mechanisation, studies have shown that water, tractors and fertilisers dramatically improve yields
You do not get there without an industrial base to support it.

Not reading the data and excepting that the authors are not wrong is your thing though isn't it.
Is 3 half of 6 or not, how can those two outcomes be considered equal?

You accepted and still accept the 3 most dangerous COVID studies ever carried out as proof that a medicine doesn't work, I wonder what the death toll was from overdosing critically ill patients?
Ever wondered about that?

Perhaps you should look how you are speaking to others first.

As someone who has been involved in Livestock research in LMICSs (3rd World is outmoded and discriminatory), the focus is on sustainable farming. Your comments are complete and utter rubbish. Slash and burn monoculture such as seen in Brazil has caused huge problems in soils depletion and erosion. Some countries have wised up and are changing to approaches that are sustainable. Industrialisation is a problem in causes people to move to urban areas leaving gaps in food production., it leads to urban overcrowding and only a small minority benefit.
You will consign people to urban slums for decades. Perhaps a nice visit to Lagos, Nairobi or Addis Ababa to see them first hand will make you think a bit harder.

And equally if you look at how countries like Thailand and Colombia are feeding themselves and exporting, it’s through sustainable approaches not razing forests to grow cattle, biofuels or cattle feed.
Divide and Conquer on 18:53 - Jun 6 with 693 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 17:19 - Jun 6 by Scotia

What is the term for "isolated refugia separated by open forest and grassland" ?
Perhaps you would prefer this version?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/07/180723142845.htm
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 18:54]
Divide and Conquer on 19:12 - Jun 6 with 685 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 17:45 - Jun 6 by Professor

Perhaps you should look how you are speaking to others first.

As someone who has been involved in Livestock research in LMICSs (3rd World is outmoded and discriminatory), the focus is on sustainable farming. Your comments are complete and utter rubbish. Slash and burn monoculture such as seen in Brazil has caused huge problems in soils depletion and erosion. Some countries have wised up and are changing to approaches that are sustainable. Industrialisation is a problem in causes people to move to urban areas leaving gaps in food production., it leads to urban overcrowding and only a small minority benefit.
You will consign people to urban slums for decades. Perhaps a nice visit to Lagos, Nairobi or Addis Ababa to see them first hand will make you think a bit harder.

And equally if you look at how countries like Thailand and Colombia are feeding themselves and exporting, it’s through sustainable approaches not razing forests to grow cattle, biofuels or cattle feed.

Where did I condone slash & burn, what I said was they are returning Jungle back to Farmland?
How much as been converted? About 17% over 50 years. But sustainable agriculture is down to their Government and not the Western world.
And I condemned growing bio fuels.
So you do not believe in mechanisation, which I proposed in farming then?
Divide and Conquer on 19:15 - Jun 6 with 684 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 17:19 - Jun 6 by Scotia

No comments on our polluting of other countries for our so called "green Energy" then?
No comments on our decrease in pollution by improved controls, which are now available to anyone considering using fossil fuels?
Divide and Conquer on 19:50 - Jun 6 with 670 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 15:48 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

What happens to most of these children, why they die of course, which is one reason they have so many, the other being lack of an option.
You ignore what the data says about the benefits of the industrial revolution.

What has "Glaciers vanishing, the ice shelves thinning and shrinking." got to do with Man?
Did we single handedly stop the last Ice Age or the last Little Ice Age?
Those thing were all happening way before man came long with his industrial revolution.
Like I said history.
I accept that there is pollution, but it is exaggerated.
Opencast mining in terms of Global Area is absolutely minute and the current rules say that they have to be put back to original condition in civilised countries.
Ocean pollution is also minute in comparison to the total surface area.
Yes some of the Amazon Rain Forests have been converted back to the savanah conditions it used to be to feed the people living there.
Have you looked up the history of the Amazon, in particular the period after the last Ice age?
Plastic pollution is a major problem, which has been ignored for many years, especially micro-plastices which should never have been used in the first place.

What you fail to realise is that the trillions of dollars/pounds being wasted on Carbon Zero could be used to improve both the pollution and the plight of the 3rd world, but you appear to want to hold them back and return us to a pre-industrial life.
Of course you also fail to realise just how much money is being made by some with Carbon Zero which will not be made by using the tax payers money for the other 2 options.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:50]

Most of these children die? Very humanitarian of you, what about the millions of refugees heading for Europe?

Things that happened before mankind was around happened, well before we were around, we cannot influence or affect something we weren't there to see. However, something that happens naturally can still be affected by humankind when we are so busy detroying habitats and environments.
You accept there is pollution but it's exaggerated...yes of course,

https://www.condorferries.co.uk/plastic-in-the-ocean-statistics#:~:text=There%20

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/atlantic-ocean-plastic-pollution-study#:~

So actuallythe experts think plastic pollution is vastly underestimated. Micro plastics, by the way, happen when big pieces of plastic break down into smaller pieces then into micro pieces.

Opencast pits can be returned to gren land but what about chemical pollution in the soil?

The Amazon rainforest has been there roughly 55 million years, humans have been around for roughly 300,000 years, which people did it feed exactly when there weren't any around?

Industry will always exist and the green revolution, if it really happens, will obviously make some people a shedload of money just as the industrial revolution and the use of fossil fuels did. People made a fortune from oil and coal you know. Having an industrial base doesn't have to mean you destroy the world you live in.

Divide and Conquer on 20:08 - Jun 6 with 665 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 19:50 - Jun 6 by Catullus

Most of these children die? Very humanitarian of you, what about the millions of refugees heading for Europe?

Things that happened before mankind was around happened, well before we were around, we cannot influence or affect something we weren't there to see. However, something that happens naturally can still be affected by humankind when we are so busy detroying habitats and environments.
You accept there is pollution but it's exaggerated...yes of course,

https://www.condorferries.co.uk/plastic-in-the-ocean-statistics#:~:text=There%20

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/08/atlantic-ocean-plastic-pollution-study#:~

So actuallythe experts think plastic pollution is vastly underestimated. Micro plastics, by the way, happen when big pieces of plastic break down into smaller pieces then into micro pieces.

Opencast pits can be returned to gren land but what about chemical pollution in the soil?

The Amazon rainforest has been there roughly 55 million years, humans have been around for roughly 300,000 years, which people did it feed exactly when there weren't any around?

Industry will always exist and the green revolution, if it really happens, will obviously make some people a shedload of money just as the industrial revolution and the use of fossil fuels did. People made a fortune from oil and coal you know. Having an industrial base doesn't have to mean you destroy the world you live in.

Now you have pissed me off.
I pointed out what in reality happens to so many kids in populations without wealth and you talk about it being "very humanitarian of me".
You are the one denying them what I want to give them, a better life through more cheap reliable energy, wealth, health and education which they won't get by wasting money on renewables.
It is a very good name for them because they have to be "renewed" every 15 to 20 years.
Now what about these "millions of refugees heading for Europe,
So you tell me why you do not know the difference between "Migrants", " Economic Migrants" and "Refugees".

Here are some hints.
https://euro-babble.eu/2020/01/12/migracion-africana-a-europa-hechos-y-ficcion/

Then you can explain what the refugees are fleeing from that has anything to with what we are discussing?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 20:09]
Divide and Conquer on 20:23 - Jun 6 with 658 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 20:08 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Now you have pissed me off.
I pointed out what in reality happens to so many kids in populations without wealth and you talk about it being "very humanitarian of me".
You are the one denying them what I want to give them, a better life through more cheap reliable energy, wealth, health and education which they won't get by wasting money on renewables.
It is a very good name for them because they have to be "renewed" every 15 to 20 years.
Now what about these "millions of refugees heading for Europe,
So you tell me why you do not know the difference between "Migrants", " Economic Migrants" and "Refugees".

Here are some hints.
https://euro-babble.eu/2020/01/12/migracion-africana-a-europa-hechos-y-ficcion/

Then you can explain what the refugees are fleeing from that has anything to with what we are discussing?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 20:09]

I'm not denying them anything butt. The reasons for what has and still is happening across Africa are many but they include countries being raped of natural resources, used, taken advantage of by the industrialised nations and then abandoned when there's nothing left to take.
Be as pissed off as you like but still the Amazon has not been a Savannah since mankind arrived. Pollution is not over estimated and the cheap, reliable energy you want to give them comes with a much bigger long term cost. The industrialised nations have poured billions into Africa in aid and what has happened? Where are the schools and hospitals? Why are people going blind from drinking contaminated water?

I do know the difference, the migrants heading for Europe do so hoping for a better life, they do so because their countries are ruined AND/OR run by greedy politicians and/or dictators who live lives of luxury and excess (largely funded by foreign aid) and treat the people like an annoyance or vermin to be controlled by any means.

The thread is titled divide and conquer, that's exactly whats gone on in Africa. I know you will have seen the stories about species being hunted to extinction too, more of those pesky animals that "somebody" thinks not important.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024