Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Divide and Conquer 05:53 - Jun 5 with 8251 viewsRonaldStump

Is Covid 19 a side track to the real agenda at play here?

The great reset?

Anybody with a brain knows there is something not right with everything going on this crazy world at the moment.

Simple question and hoping for some constructive answers instead of the usual conspiracy theory comebacks?

Gracias
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 5:58]

(He She Him)

Divide and Conquer on 17:50 - Jun 5 with 1011 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 17:34 - Jun 5 by Catullus

You think I'm naive because I only believe half of what you believe. Others would say you are naive for believing so much.

The "Club of Rome", I didn't think they said they'd do anything, I thought they made predictions such as their "Limit to Growth" whereby they said economic growth could not be relied upon because of resource depletion.

You don't believe in climate change as a man made thing whereas I believe we contribute to it and we are more guilty of habitat destruction, destroying eco systems which is causing extinctions that would not happen if not for mankind.

There's this interview with Strong, I quite like what he's got to say,or had to say anyway,
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2010/jun/22/maurice-strong-intervie

Again, are you looking for a bogey man where one doesn't exist?

You would like his comments and outlook because you believe in the same pessimism that he and the club of rome have been pedling for decades.
None of which came true.
I would imagine you also admire Paul Erlich as well, he was also completely wrong.
Divide and Conquer on 18:06 - Jun 5 with 1033 viewsTreforys_Jack

Divide and Conquer on 16:26 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

I have said it many times Cat that you are a bit naive, but you do see half the picture.
Did you not read the Club of Rome reference piece?
They invented Climate Change to control the masses, they said they would and they did.
One of their biggest proponents was Maurice Strong, look him up and see where he went and who he advised, especially the organisations.

You're an extremely arrogant unlikeable poster, who no-one takes remotely seriously.
Divide and Conquer on 19:59 - Jun 5 with 978 viewsTWGL

Not sure what it’s all about but it’s definitely something more than just a virus. If you look at Agenda 21, which is openly available online, it more or less outlines the future of western governments.

My guess is that this is about Carbon and the ideology of being Carbon Neutral. There are so many mixed messages being given out by the government just to assume this is just about a virus which affects most people over 70 with three or more co- morbidities.

Chris Whitty has said himself that the vast majority of people will just experience “flu like” symptoms and recover within a few days , which is very similar to flu, although flu has disappeared 😂
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 20:03]
Divide and Conquer on 20:10 - Jun 5 with 969 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 17:50 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

You would like his comments and outlook because you believe in the same pessimism that he and the club of rome have been pedling for decades.
None of which came true.
I would imagine you also admire Paul Erlich as well, he was also completely wrong.

Pessimism? Not really, pessimism is believing the worst will happen and you can't change it. I believe change for the better can happen. The things Menkel talked about are happening, you just don't believe them.

I'd never heard of Erlich but I looked him up, what do you say he was wrong about? Bearing in mind in his obituary the London Times sid "The whole world is in his debt"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Divide and Conquer on 20:23 - Jun 5 with 960 viewsJack123

Divide and Conquer on 17:28 - Jun 5 by onehunglow

Let's be frank ,shall we.
Most have simply abandoned distancing and mask wearing wherever possible.

To be honest, I see the vast majority around here in shops wearing masks, I wear one myself in the larger supermarkets, mainly down to fear of embarrassment of being called out for it.

This whole thing started off with restrictions to protect the Nhs, 3 weeks wasn't it?

And here we are what is it now 15-16 months later, and they are still not willing to give us our freedoms back.

They have shown how quick they can lock down everything when need be, yet the plonker drakeford is not willing to say 'everyone get back to normal'

The reliability on these crank scientists at sage is a bit like saying, " you fancy coming my house for a barby on July 1st,?? Nah better not bbc weather says it's showers all day..
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 20:23]

libera nos a malo

Divide and Conquer on 20:23 - Jun 5 with 919 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 18:06 - Jun 5 by Treforys_Jack

You're an extremely arrogant unlikeable poster, who no-one takes remotely seriously.

Thank you for your considered opinion.
Thank you also for your insightful contribution to the debate.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 20:36]
Divide and Conquer on 20:28 - Jun 5 with 903 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 20:10 - Jun 5 by Catullus

Pessimism? Not really, pessimism is believing the worst will happen and you can't change it. I believe change for the better can happen. The things Menkel talked about are happening, you just don't believe them.

I'd never heard of Erlich but I looked him up, what do you say he was wrong about? Bearing in mind in his obituary the London Times sid "The whole world is in his debt"

https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/glory-be-paul-ehrlich-is-still-wrong
Divide and Conquer on 20:38 - Jun 5 with 927 viewsCatullus

Divide and Conquer on 20:28 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.adamsmith.org/blog/glory-be-paul-ehrlich-is-still-wrong

The Adam Smith inst. Forgive my cynicism but they are not very well regarded as far as being transparent goes and they do like to hide who their donors are. That makes them dubious in my book, are they putting out stuff biased towards their donors?

Now overpopulation and overconsumption.....yeah, of course it's not a problem.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Divide and Conquer on 20:53 - Jun 5 with 924 viewsRumjack

Divide and Conquer on 19:59 - Jun 5 by TWGL

Not sure what it’s all about but it’s definitely something more than just a virus. If you look at Agenda 21, which is openly available online, it more or less outlines the future of western governments.

My guess is that this is about Carbon and the ideology of being Carbon Neutral. There are so many mixed messages being given out by the government just to assume this is just about a virus which affects most people over 70 with three or more co- morbidities.

Chris Whitty has said himself that the vast majority of people will just experience “flu like” symptoms and recover within a few days , which is very similar to flu, although flu has disappeared 😂
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 20:03]

Without addding any fuel to the fire regarding conspiracies as I think most are bull**** I’m still trying to work with the statistics.

Sorry if I offend anyone as I know there’s some people on here who are a bit over emotional on this subject and I don’t think they realise we all know somebody somewhere who has suffered at some degree from this.

Here goes, this is a (hopefully) once in a generation / lifetime pandemic. At the start of this if you were told that there’s going to be a pandemic and after 15 months 3.8 million die (as of today’s official statistic) out of a global population of 7.7 billion you’d think (as a betting man I would anyway) that’s very very slim odds of dying. I wouldn’t waste a tenner betting on me dying of this. I’m no expert and I really have appreciated Proffesors insights these past 15 months but as a statistician something doesn’t smell right.
Divide and Conquer on 21:22 - Jun 5 with 892 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 20:53 - Jun 5 by Rumjack

Without addding any fuel to the fire regarding conspiracies as I think most are bull**** I’m still trying to work with the statistics.

Sorry if I offend anyone as I know there’s some people on here who are a bit over emotional on this subject and I don’t think they realise we all know somebody somewhere who has suffered at some degree from this.

Here goes, this is a (hopefully) once in a generation / lifetime pandemic. At the start of this if you were told that there’s going to be a pandemic and after 15 months 3.8 million die (as of today’s official statistic) out of a global population of 7.7 billion you’d think (as a betting man I would anyway) that’s very very slim odds of dying. I wouldn’t waste a tenner betting on me dying of this. I’m no expert and I really have appreciated Proffesors insights these past 15 months but as a statistician something doesn’t smell right.

3.8 million is probably a significant under estimate and that figure is with most of the world spending a lot of that time in lockdown.
Divide and Conquer on 21:26 - Jun 5 with 891 viewsRumjack

Divide and Conquer on 21:22 - Jun 5 by Scotia

3.8 million is probably a significant under estimate and that figure is with most of the world spending a lot of that time in lockdown.

It most definitely is an underestimate I agree but most of the world hasn’t been under lockdown. Most of Europe and North America and bits and pieces here and there but you are looking at approximately 5 billion not under lockdown.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 21:27]
Divide and Conquer on 21:26 - Jun 5 with 868 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 20:38 - Jun 5 by Catullus

The Adam Smith inst. Forgive my cynicism but they are not very well regarded as far as being transparent goes and they do like to hide who their donors are. That makes them dubious in my book, are they putting out stuff biased towards their donors?

Now overpopulation and overconsumption.....yeah, of course it's not a problem.

"Fifty years after the publication of his controversial book The Population Bomb, biologist Paul Ehrlich warns overpopulation and overconsumption are driving us over the edge

A shattering collapse of civilisation is a “near certainty” in the next few decades due to humanity’s continuing destruction of the natural world that sustains all life on Earth, according to biologist Prof Paul Ehrlich."

It didn't happen.
Overpopulation isn't going to happen.
The Industrialised western world are already suffering lower births than deaths.
One of the main outcomes of industrialisation is Wealth, Health, Energy Education (especially for women) and Lower Birth Rates.
Divide and Conquer on 21:42 - Jun 5 with 871 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 21:26 - Jun 5 by Rumjack

It most definitely is an underestimate I agree but most of the world hasn’t been under lockdown. Most of Europe and North America and bits and pieces here and there but you are looking at approximately 5 billion not under lockdown.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 21:27]

And those not in lockdown are the countries who aren't testing for covid as much and not correctly recording deaths.

The other thing is that Covid deaths occur in the very elderly in the majority of cases. Many poorer countries don't have an elderly population.
Divide and Conquer on 21:44 - Jun 5 with 870 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 21:26 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"Fifty years after the publication of his controversial book The Population Bomb, biologist Paul Ehrlich warns overpopulation and overconsumption are driving us over the edge

A shattering collapse of civilisation is a “near certainty” in the next few decades due to humanity’s continuing destruction of the natural world that sustains all life on Earth, according to biologist Prof Paul Ehrlich."

It didn't happen.
Overpopulation isn't going to happen.
The Industrialised western world are already suffering lower births than deaths.
One of the main outcomes of industrialisation is Wealth, Health, Energy Education (especially for women) and Lower Birth Rates.

There is a world beyond the industrialised west mind.
Divide and Conquer on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 851 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 21:44 - Jun 5 by Scotia

There is a world beyond the industrialised west mind.

They are the ones that need raising to our standard of energy availability.

Here are some of the Malthusian type predictions that did not come true.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-th
Divide and Conquer on 21:57 - Jun 5 with 864 viewsRumjack

Divide and Conquer on 21:42 - Jun 5 by Scotia

And those not in lockdown are the countries who aren't testing for covid as much and not correctly recording deaths.

The other thing is that Covid deaths occur in the very elderly in the majority of cases. Many poorer countries don't have an elderly population.

True but a good example is to look at a couple of micro states like San Marino and Gibraltar. Both have nearly exactly the same population 33.7k and both had pretty much the same death rates (90 and 94 respectively) with their population death toll at approximately 0.27%. Both states have higher than average older people and higher than average health facilities.
Divide and Conquer on 22:13 - Jun 5 with 847 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 21:57 - Jun 5 by Rumjack

True but a good example is to look at a couple of micro states like San Marino and Gibraltar. Both have nearly exactly the same population 33.7k and both had pretty much the same death rates (90 and 94 respectively) with their population death toll at approximately 0.27%. Both states have higher than average older people and higher than average health facilities.

But both of those are surrounded by countries who went in to lockdown.

The populations are also statistically insignificant. Its like comparing somewhere like Aberystwyth to Birmingham.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 22:14]
Divide and Conquer on 22:20 - Jun 5 with 834 viewsRumjack

Divide and Conquer on 22:13 - Jun 5 by Scotia

But both of those are surrounded by countries who went in to lockdown.

The populations are also statistically insignificant. Its like comparing somewhere like Aberystwyth to Birmingham.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 22:14]

The populations are equal, it would be like comparing Lampeter to St David’s or Birmingham to Manchester. It doesn’t matter what the size of the control and test group as long as they are similar and have similar demographics.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 23:37]
Divide and Conquer on 22:21 - Jun 5 with 832 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 21:56 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

They are the ones that need raising to our standard of energy availability.

Here are some of the Malthusian type predictions that did not come true.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-th

They are also the populations who will be directly and adversely affected by climate change.

That's the thing about predictions they don't all come true. We can't see the future.

Which is absolutely why we need to follow the precautionary principle.
Divide and Conquer on 22:40 - Jun 5 with 806 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 22:21 - Jun 5 by Scotia

They are also the populations who will be directly and adversely affected by climate change.

That's the thing about predictions they don't all come true. We can't see the future.

Which is absolutely why we need to follow the precautionary principle.

Nope, Humans have spent the last 200,000 years Adapting and they shouuld continue to do so.
Divide and Conquer on 08:19 - Jun 6 with 752 viewsScotia

Divide and Conquer on 22:40 - Jun 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Nope, Humans have spent the last 200,000 years Adapting and they shouuld continue to do so.

They have been adapting. We can now see the damage that adaption is doing to the planet.

Of course one of these methods of adaptation is migration. As human global population has increased by 7 billion in the last 200 or so years, and continues to do so, countries in northern and southern latitudes are going to be very busy.
Divide and Conquer on 09:17 - Jun 6 with 739 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Divide and Conquer on 08:19 - Jun 6 by Scotia

They have been adapting. We can now see the damage that adaption is doing to the planet.

Of course one of these methods of adaptation is migration. As human global population has increased by 7 billion in the last 200 or so years, and continues to do so, countries in northern and southern latitudes are going to be very busy.

Damage to the Planet?
Sorry, but as far as I am concerned Humans come before any minor damage to the planet.
Divide and Conquer on 09:27 - Jun 6 with 738 viewsRumjack

Divide and Conquer on 09:17 - Jun 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Damage to the Planet?
Sorry, but as far as I am concerned Humans come before any minor damage to the planet.

That's one hell of a bold statement.

The irony being that damage done to the planet damages humans further down the line.
Divide and Conquer on 09:36 - Jun 6 with 729 viewsRonaldStump

Divide and Conquer on 17:34 - Jun 5 by controversial_jack

I disagree! I see almost everyone wearing masks in shops etc - it's the law, and most ppl keep their distance. I can't say about pubs etc, because I haven't been in one recently, but if i did and saw non compliance I would leave and report them to the council dept.

Outside is different and not really required as on Aberavon seafront etc.

Since when has wearing a mask been the law?

(He She Him)

Divide and Conquer on 09:56 - Jun 6 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Divide and Conquer on 20:23 - Jun 5 by Jack123

To be honest, I see the vast majority around here in shops wearing masks, I wear one myself in the larger supermarkets, mainly down to fear of embarrassment of being called out for it.

This whole thing started off with restrictions to protect the Nhs, 3 weeks wasn't it?

And here we are what is it now 15-16 months later, and they are still not willing to give us our freedoms back.

They have shown how quick they can lock down everything when need be, yet the plonker drakeford is not willing to say 'everyone get back to normal'

The reliability on these crank scientists at sage is a bit like saying, " you fancy coming my house for a barby on July 1st,?? Nah better not bbc weather says it's showers all day..
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 20:23]

Decent reply and thank for that.
I hate wearing a mask a I wear hearing aids and it's very awkward but so what,that's my issue.
I just remove them and smile at people . Not easy for me .

We are where we are and we still need to do all we can to stop people spreading it. I can't see getting rat'@rse,falling over each other and squabblin over each other helps.

We have had a weak government that has screwed up by being too soft with a PM being afraid of making really hardest decisions.

EG,The indian variant should have mean total immediate ban on flight from sub continent.

No surprise the biggest issue i in the Lancashire former mill towns .No politician has the guts to say it as it is.Come to think of it,same applie to us.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024