Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread 18:47 - Jun 13 with 6324 viewsNotLoyal

The game everyone wants Wales to win who is either from Wales or supports Wales, except those who don’t want Wales to win, which is the vast majority of the people in the ground on Wednesday. This is the first time Turkey have played Wales in the euros, or since 1998 whichever comes first which is currently 1997 as the day of the game isn’t here yet. The real odd thing is that last year was 2020, but the year got cancelled, so even though it’s 2021 now it’s actually 2020. This should mean most people will know the result and bet their houses on it accordingly.

Wales v Turkey
Weds 16th June 2021
Olympic Stadium, Baku
Azerbaijan
Kick off 5pm

Match Officials to be appointed.

Turkey v Wales Head to Head
Wales have won three of the six meetings between the two sides, although the last victory was a 1-0 win in Ankara in 1981. The most recent fixture took place in qualifying for the 1998 World Cup, a thrilling encounter that ended 6-4 in favour of the Turks.

Turkey made their European Championship finals debut in 1996, and this will be their fifth Euro in total. The Turks qualified for Euro 2020 by finishing second in Group H behind France. They picked up four of their 23 points from the current World Champions, winning 2-0 at home and drawing 1-1 in Paris. Şenol Güneş's side has a fierce defensive record, having conceded just three goals in the entire qualifying campaign and only once in their last six games.

Key Player: Hakan Calhanoglu
Hakan Calhanoglu is a German-born midfielder of Turkish ancestry (just like Mesut Ozil) except Calhanoglu has expressed his commitment to the Turkey. Calhanoglu currently plies his trade in Serie A with AC Milan, where his dangerous knuckleball free-kick has seen him compared with Cristiano Ronaldo.

Turkey facts
Yeah, you knew it was coming. The cranberry sauce of the euros, the cold meat in the sandwich, piccalilli, branston and salad. These are Turkey facts, so let’s gobble them all up here.

1. Like the football team, Turkeys change colours.
2. They also have better eyesight than humans
3. Only male Turkeys gobble, which doesn’t resonate that well with me.
4. Americans eat 46 million Turkeys every November
5. This is mental, male Turkeys droppings are shaped like the letter J.

It’s also odd to note that the city of Istanbul in in two continents. Yes, the country of Turkey where Santa Claus lives has two sides to its culture. Isn’t that wonderful. However, visitors please not that the cost of kebabs are the same on both sides of town, so don’t fret.

A kebab yesterday

More Turk like revelations coming soon.

Wales on UK time and training in 32-35c of heat in Baku 14th Jun 2021 18:28
With Wednesdays game against Turkey being played in temperatures of 30c plus the Wales squad have been training in similar heat in preparation for the game. Also in preparation for the Italy game on the weekend the squad are on UK time to enable an easy transition to the final game of Group A. 0

Your complete Euro Championship Guide : Media stupidity called out again 19th Jun 2021 11:52
Our weekend review starts where it should start with England proving once again why they won’t win this competition, and not only that putting it all on display last night at Wembley. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Jun 13 with 2190 viewstrampie

Wales probably need to win to progress, even after the opening games in the group there is probably more chance of a Turkey win than a Wales win with a draw being a likely possibly.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Jun 13 with 2141 viewsbuilthjack

We will stuff them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jun 13 with 2141 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Jun 13 by builthjack

We will stuff them

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Jun 13 with 2149 views73__73

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:29 - Jun 13 by trampie

Wales probably need to win to progress, even after the opening games in the group there is probably more chance of a Turkey win than a Wales win with a draw being a likely possibly.

You think Wales need to win to progress. I bet that took some working out 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:44 - Jun 13 with 2135 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Jun 13 by 73__73

You think Wales need to win to progress. I bet that took some working out 😂

He's not dumb is tramps

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Jun 13 with 2119 viewsonehunglow

He's Welsh so can't be.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 08:32 - Jun 14 with 2010 viewsYrAlarch

Any suggestions as to formation/team? I would go for a 3-5-2 with Neco Williams and Ampadu starting. I worry about Connor Roberts' defensive capabilities.
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 08:41 - Jun 14 with 1990 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 08:32 - Jun 14 by YrAlarch

Any suggestions as to formation/team? I would go for a 3-5-2 with Neco Williams and Ampadu starting. I worry about Connor Roberts' defensive capabilities.

I worry about the lad full stop.
He is burned out .

I truly wish he had stayed at home and rested the summer.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 1987 viewsYrAlarch

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 08:41 - Jun 14 by onehunglow

I worry about the lad full stop.
He is burned out .

I truly wish he had stayed at home and rested the summer.

Yes. He did look tired on Saturday. He has certainly had a busy Season and has given 100% every match. He had to be in the Squad but used judiciously.
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 09:36 - Jun 14 with 1967 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 09:28 - Jun 14 by YrAlarch

Yes. He did look tired on Saturday. He has certainly had a busy Season and has given 100% every match. He had to be in the Squad but used judiciously.

Morning.
I like the lad.I have a lot of time for him.
Every players needs a good rest and frankly,no offence to anyone, I am mainly concerned about my club . It is special to me and more immediate a kick in my belly.

We are ,IMO,back to where we were with little quality in the squad. Bale passed it,Ramsey just a nobody with a fortunate grotesquely lucrative contract . It's as it is.

I d rather be on an Algarve beach,textile free,worrying about where to have dinner.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Jun 14 with 1934 views34dfgdf54

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 08:32 - Jun 14 by YrAlarch

Roberts seems to get caught out regularly defending back post, why he was marking the fella in first place though I’ll never know.
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Jun 14 with 1824 viewsbuilthjack

I don’t think Scotland and North Macedonia will pick up a point. Or possibly Russia.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2021 19:17]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 18:46 - Jun 14 with 1811 viewsangryjack

Is that even if we finish bottom
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Jun 14 with 1705 viewsonehunglow

Just get our lad back from this place and see them rest for the new season

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 10:31 - Jun 15 with 1597 viewsBadlands

Drop Ramsey.
Cabango for Mepham or as a three with Rodon and Davies

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Jun 15 with 1487 viewsmax936

Heard that cock Simon Jordan say earlier that he'd rather have a conical irrigation than watch Wales tomorrow, he's one arrogant Ahole fair play.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jun 15 with 1463 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Jun 15 by max936

Heard that cock Simon Jordan say earlier that he'd rather have a conical irrigation than watch Wales tomorrow, he's one arrogant Ahole fair play.

For a neutral,would you say we are worth watching.
Would England be a watch,if it wasnt for the fact we want them to fail-the only reason we watch their games,make no mitake. No Welsh watch England to admire them or be entertained by them

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Jun 15 with 1456 viewsmax936

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

Would England be a watch,if it wasnt for the fact we want them to fail-the only reason we watch their games,make no mitake. No Welsh watch England to admire them or be entertained by them

I'm surprised that Jordan came out with that arse dribble, I've listened to him in the past and he can talk sense, but there was no need for what he said earlier, made worse by that Scottish flea Jim White, who runs with the hares and the hounds laughing with that false laugh of his, now he is someone that I really can't stand that.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Jun 15 with 1444 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:46 - Jun 15 by max936

I'm surprised that Jordan came out with that arse dribble, I've listened to him in the past and he can talk sense, but there was no need for what he said earlier, made worse by that Scottish flea Jim White, who runs with the hares and the hounds laughing with that false laugh of his, now he is someone that I really can't stand that.

Hey oop.I agree. Jim White grinds my gears. Im not overly keen on Jocks at the best of times o keep it to yourself or Im donald ducked.

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Jun 15 with 1430 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:49 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

Hey oop.I agree. Jim White grinds my gears. Im not overly keen on Jocks at the best of times o keep it to yourself or Im donald ducked.

You will never beat Keith Walker.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 21:13 - Jun 15 with 1395 viewsmax936

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Jun 15 by KeithHaynes

You will never beat Keith Walker.

I did mention that our great Fulton was a possible top 6 player if he didn't have a mistake in him, I think I got away with it

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 22:09 - Jun 15 with 1354 viewsjackrabbit

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Jun 15 by onehunglow

Not quite - I enjoy watching a player who can play a bit and entertain while doing it. So I really enjoy watching Jack Grealish. Unfortunately England don’t rate players like Grealish so I don’t get to see him very often. He should have gone to the Republic of Ireland when he had the chance.
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Jun 15 with 1352 viewsjackrabbit

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 18:00 - Jun 15 by max936

I think he might have meant ‘colonic’ irrigation. Conical irrigation is when they shove an ice cream cornet up your arse.
Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Jun 15 with 1344 viewsmax936

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 22:14 - Jun 15 by jackrabbit

I think he might have meant ‘colonic’ irrigation. Conical irrigation is when they shove an ice cream cornet up your arse.

You got it, he may enjoy my version though

Wales v Turkey Euros Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Jun 15 with 1316 viewsKeithHaynes

Your complete Euro Championship Guide : Media stupidity called out again 19th Jun 2021 11:52
Our weekend review starts where it should start with England proving once again why they won’t win this competition, and not only that putting it all on display last night at Wembley. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024