Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 18:11 - Jun 16 with 2566 viewsonehunglow

Watching him at this level really does make me seethe at his give away sale.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 11:04 - Jun 18 with 307 viewswhiterock

Joe Rodon on 08:15 - Jun 17 by Dr_Winston

Simple and obvious, but sadly not obvious enough for some.

Norwich have sold their best player, some people are asking the ambition of Norwich but sometimes you have to sell to bring in players to give you a deeper squad.
Would we have got promoted with Joe in the team, probably not, we gave it a damn good go with the 5 brought in.
Joe Rodon on 11:12 - Jun 18 with 301 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 11:04 - Jun 18 by whiterock

Norwich have sold their best player, some people are asking the ambition of Norwich but sometimes you have to sell to bring in players to give you a deeper squad.
Would we have got promoted with Joe in the team, probably not, we gave it a damn good go with the 5 brought in.

100% agree with this.

None of the 5 are near his quality, but without them, we’d have been left with a back 5 of Roberts, Rodon, Cabango, Guehi and Bidwell with Naughton covering them all.

Appreciate we have the likes of Cameron Evans and Brandon Cooper in reserve, but to have them covering a very young back line as it was would have been a gamble.

I think Rodon is a great player and in ideal circumstances, yes, we would have got more for him. The circumstances clearly weren’t ideal and I think the squad was stronger overall with the 5 we brought in.
Joe Rodon on 11:18 - Jun 18 with 297 viewsjasper_T

"Roberts, Rodon, Cabango, Guehi and Bidwell with Naughton covering them all" sounds fine to me...
Joe Rodon on 11:30 - Jun 18 with 275 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 11:18 - Jun 18 by jasper_T

"Roberts, Rodon, Cabango, Guehi and Bidwell with Naughton covering them all" sounds fine to me...

Me too for a game. Not for a season. We were playing 352 at that point.

I don’t know how good Cooper, Evans, Rusheda are, maybe they are ready to step up to a championship promotion push? I suspect we’d have had to rely on them last season without the Rodon sale.
Joe Rodon on 12:38 - Jun 18 with 256 viewsjasper_T

Joe Rodon on 11:30 - Jun 18 by jack247

Me too for a game. Not for a season. We were playing 352 at that point.

I don’t know how good Cooper, Evans, Rusheda are, maybe they are ready to step up to a championship promotion push? I suspect we’d have had to rely on them last season without the Rodon sale.

You're swapping injury-prone Bennett (28 games) with Rodon and missing Manning's 11 starts at left back, it's barely any different from what we managed with. Latibeaudiere got 4 games and a few cameos off the bench. Am I missing another regular we brought into the defence after Rodon left?

It's a shame Cooper and Benda picked up bad injuries when they did, unlike Cullen the timing didn't quite work out for them to get some cup games and impress.
Joe Rodon on 12:42 - Jun 18 with 252 viewsReslovenSwan1

Brandon Cooper will establish himself I have no doubt. He was a standout player in league 2 just like Connor Roberts was.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 13:02 - Jun 18 with 247 viewsjack247

Joe Rodon on 12:38 - Jun 18 by jasper_T

You're swapping injury-prone Bennett (28 games) with Rodon and missing Manning's 11 starts at left back, it's barely any different from what we managed with. Latibeaudiere got 4 games and a few cameos off the bench. Am I missing another regular we brought into the defence after Rodon left?

It's a shame Cooper and Benda picked up bad injuries when they did, unlike Cullen the timing didn't quite work out for them to get some cup games and impress.

If we’re talking injury prone, 28 games is more than Rodon managed for us in either of his two full seasons. Far better player than any of our centre backs, but you wouldn’t want to rely on him starting twice a week. Then you’ve probably got Cabango in the middle, Naughton as RCB and untried youngsters on the bench. In a compressed season.
Joe Rodon on 13:15 - Jun 18 with 242 viewsDr_Winston

Not to mention the additional cash in a season with effectively no attendances.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024