Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is working 14:23 - Jul 1 with 29299 views73__73

Fantastic news from Sunderland . Over 6,000 well paid jobs, as Nissan invest in new electric model and new battery plant.

Project fear , my arse 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 14:24]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Brexit is working on 15:26 - Oct 27 with 803 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 14:54 - Oct 25 by johnlangy

What an odd answer. In your post you said 'Meanwhile announced today, Wales to get 100s of millions in extra funding from Westminster far more than the EU ever returned in regional development funds. Another brexit dividend'. You posted this on the 23rd of October.

Then when I ask what extra money you suggest I read the newspapers and tell me about £700 million announced in March. So where is the 100's of millions 'announced today (23/10)' according to what you said ?

As I predicted Wales, Scotland and NI are all getting far more than they are entitled to under the Barnett formula as their share of increased government spending announced in the budget . The extra millions is far more than the UK taxpayers used to give them via the EU, from the regional development fund.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Brexit is working on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 780 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 20:02 - Oct 26 by majorraglan

That's not the case, they can increase the amount dumped during adverse weather however around the 7th of September the Government eased the rules allowing Water companies to dump more untreated sewerage.

Check out the newspaper articles around that date.

Well said.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is working on 17:06 - Oct 27 with 779 viewsKilkennyjack

He knows the score.

Brexit is working on 17:37 - Oct 27 with 770 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 17:03 - Oct 27 by Kilkennyjack

Well said.

Still though. it's nothing to do with Brexit, It's to do with excess water and even so, per my previous post, the government have done a U turn.

Todays budget, Wales is getting extra money from Westminster then. Will Drakeford accept it as it comes for specific things?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/10-schemes-wales-named-rishi-

But what will Drakeford do about business rates, will he follow Sunak's lead and make a 50% cut?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is working on 18:56 - Oct 27 with 754 viewsjohnlangy

Brexit is working on 15:26 - Oct 27 by felixstowe_jack

As I predicted Wales, Scotland and NI are all getting far more than they are entitled to under the Barnett formula as their share of increased government spending announced in the budget . The extra millions is far more than the UK taxpayers used to give them via the EU, from the regional development fund.

As regards the Levelling Up Fund Wales/Scotland/NI are getting £800 million over 4 years. As a population percentage they should be getting £750 million (if the calculation is as simple as that) so they are getting more. Not far more as you say but certainly more. Wales' 5% of the population would mean £250 million over 4 years.

I haven't seen the whole package yet but is there more coming to Wales ? I ask because from memory the EU Regional Development Fund used to provide around £350 million per year and you say Wales will be getting far more. If Wales had that level of EU funding over 4 years that would equate to £1.4 billion. So, again, is there more ?

By the way, I asked you a question earlier in the thread. You said on 23rd October it had been announced that Wales was to receive 100's of millions extra funding from Westminster. I asked where that announcement was and you referred back to an announcement in March.

So i'll ask again, where is the info re the announcement on 23rd October ?
Brexit is working on 20:27 - Oct 27 with 737 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 17:37 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Still though. it's nothing to do with Brexit, It's to do with excess water and even so, per my previous post, the government have done a U turn.

Todays budget, Wales is getting extra money from Westminster then. Will Drakeford accept it as it comes for specific things?

But what will Drakeford do about business rates, will he follow Sunak's lead and make a 50% cut?

Duplicate PST.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 21:00]
Brexit is working on 20:57 - Oct 27 with 733 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 17:37 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Brexit is a factor as companies cannot get the chemicals, check out the below. To be honest I don’t think it’s good enough, these companies have had ages to plan for Brexit and they should have taken steps to ensure they had sufficient supplies. Giving the companies the green light to pollute is poor. Southern Water were recently fined £90m for dumping sewerage over an extended period contrary to the regulations, the bosses should have faced jail.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/brexit-raw-sewerage-water-treatment
Brexit is working on 21:08 - Oct 27 with 726 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 20:57 - Oct 27 by majorraglan

Brexit is a factor as companies cannot get the chemicals, check out the below. To be honest I don’t think it’s good enough, these companies have had ages to plan for Brexit and they should have taken steps to ensure they had sufficient supplies. Giving the companies the green light to pollute is poor. Southern Water were recently fined £90m for dumping sewerage over an extended period contrary to the regulations, the bosses should have faced jail.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/brexit-raw-sewerage-water-treatment

Yes but lets be careful not to blame the companies for the dull decisions taken by Johnsons clown car of a government.

Dont fall into that old trap.

Brexit is on Johnson.
This shite in the rivrrs is on Brexit.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is working on 21:46 - Oct 27 with 717 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 21:08 - Oct 27 by Kilkennyjack

Yes but lets be careful not to blame the companies for the dull decisions taken by Johnsons clown car of a government.

Dont fall into that old trap.

Brexit is on Johnson.
This shite in the rivrrs is on Brexit.

The shite in the rivers was being released before Brexit so maybe we should blame the previous PM's?

Now about all the extra money Wales was promised, this was big, Sunak say Wales will be getting 2.5 billion more per year on average,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-18-billion-a-year-for-wales-in-budget

There might even be more again after the public spending commitment, depending on where the money comes from (new money or an existing pot, if it's new money we'll get more as per Barnett) so Wales will now get 18 billion per year as well as the money committed in the levelling up fund.

It's a lot more than I expected but what will the Senedd do with it. I think we can guarantee a 30% raise in Senedd staff!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is working on 21:59 - Oct 27 with 708 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 21:46 - Oct 27 by Catullus

The shite in the rivers was being released before Brexit so maybe we should blame the previous PM's?

Now about all the extra money Wales was promised, this was big, Sunak say Wales will be getting 2.5 billion more per year on average,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-18-billion-a-year-for-wales-in-budget

There might even be more again after the public spending commitment, depending on where the money comes from (new money or an existing pot, if it's new money we'll get more as per Barnett) so Wales will now get 18 billion per year as well as the money committed in the levelling up fund.

It's a lot more than I expected but what will the Senedd do with it. I think we can guarantee a 30% raise in Senedd staff!

How likely do you think it is that a Johnson Tory brexit government would make helping Labour voting Cymru as a priority ?

It is not real, is it…?

Think mun.
Its more lies, half truths, and deception.

With our welsh mp’s being reduced in westmonster, then having more senedd members makes sense.
Unpopular of course, but the senedd has far more to do now than 20 years ago.

Brexit is working on 00:02 - Oct 28 with 672 viewsAndyCole

Brexit is working on 23:12 - Oct 19 by AndyCole

The FTSE100 did indeed take out those mid August Highs, as predicted.

Folk either need to pay attention for the greater good, or at least make a shilling or two in the process.

The best barometer keeps on giving.

There's none so blind (on here, you know who you are) as those will not see.

The UK market is thriving, pushing ever upwards and onwards with the Euroshackles off. Some will be looking on in awe, coulda shoulda.

Brexit, along with the proper fiscal and monetary pragmatism of this rational, pragmatic government sees the FTSE100 now surpassing those August highs, as predicted, with Higher Highs and Higher Lows pointing the way on this upward trajectory.

The ongoing forecast is bullish, with the yanks showing the way with New All Time Highs.

Ongoing leveraging of wider global synergies outside of the claustrophobic European red taped markets will continue to drive us onwards and upwards, along with the USA to continue to post All Time Higher Highs.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Brexit is working on 02:35 - Oct 28 with 658 viewsWalterBoyd

Brexit is working on 00:02 - Oct 28 by AndyCole

The UK market is thriving, pushing ever upwards and onwards with the Euroshackles off. Some will be looking on in awe, coulda shoulda.

Brexit, along with the proper fiscal and monetary pragmatism of this rational, pragmatic government sees the FTSE100 now surpassing those August highs, as predicted, with Higher Highs and Higher Lows pointing the way on this upward trajectory.

The ongoing forecast is bullish, with the yanks showing the way with New All Time Highs.

Ongoing leveraging of wider global synergies outside of the claustrophobic European red taped markets will continue to drive us onwards and upwards, along with the USA to continue to post All Time Higher Highs.

Brexit is blamed for far too much.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 2:49]
Brexit is working on 02:43 - Oct 28 with 655 viewsWalterBoyd

Brexit is working on 02:35 - Oct 28 by WalterBoyd

How Aberdare you, I hear you all ask.

Back to topic. Is it Brexit or Covid to blame ?
Brexit is working on 05:47 - Oct 28 with 644 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 00:02 - Oct 28 by AndyCole

Brexit will always be a shite idea 👍

Brexit is working on 08:31 - Oct 28 with 622 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Brexit is working on 02:35 - Oct 28 by WalterBoyd

I burnt my toast the other day. F@cking brexit.
Brexit is working on 13:31 - Oct 28 with 598 viewsCatullus

Brexit is working on 05:47 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

Brexit will always be a shite idea 👍

Anything you don't like will always be a bad idea, like being in the Union, democracy is a bad idea to you. if we vote for something you don't like, such as brexit.

Well brexit has happened and it's not going to change, maybe you need to get used to it.

Brexit is working on 18:30 - Oct 28 with 580 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 13:31 - Oct 28 by Catullus

Anything you don't like will always be a bad idea, like being in the Union, democracy is a bad idea to you. if we vote for something you don't like, such as brexit.

Well brexit has happened and it's not going to change, maybe you need to get used to it.

Thanks for the advice.

My advice back to you is to draw a line in the sand and admit that the UKs return to the EU is as inevitable as night folliws day. Because its a shite idea. Even Thatcher was pro EU.

Instead of drawing a line in the sand, you will bury your head in the sand.
As usual.

Well for the rest of us …… with shite in our rivers, no fresh food in our supermarkets, no drivers because they all went home to EU, crops rotting in the fields, 250,000 pigs burned, loss of 4% GDP, fishing industry gone, queues at european airports, NHS in crises, and wholescale corruption in plain sight ….then we sought of realise this is not going to fix itself.

Try to be like a big boy and concentrate on the issues we now have to deal with.

You are not a Russian asset, are you ?

Brexit is working on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 574 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 18:30 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

Thanks for the advice.

My advice back to you is to draw a line in the sand and admit that the UKs return to the EU is as inevitable as night folliws day. Because its a shite idea. Even Thatcher was pro EU.

As usual.

Well for the rest of us …… with shite in our rivers, no fresh food in our supermarkets, no drivers because they all went home to EU, crops rotting in the fields, 250,000 pigs burned, loss of 4% GDP, fishing industry gone, queues at european airports, NHS in crises, and wholescale corruption in plain sight ….then we sought of realise this is not going to fix itself.

Try to be like a big boy and concentrate on the issues we now have to deal with.

GDP is only .8% below the pandemic and pre Brexit level it has not crashed like the remainers predicted. The remainers also predicted a rise in unemployment by 3 million and also a pound collapsing to parity with the Euro.

Note the EU GDP is expected to reach its prepandemic level by end of December the same as the UK.

Brexit is working on 23:09 - Oct 28 with 560 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 19:19 - Oct 28 by felixstowe_jack

GDP is only .8% below the pandemic and pre Brexit level it has not crashed like the remainers predicted. The remainers also predicted a rise in unemployment by 3 million and also a pound collapsing to parity with the Euro.

Note the EU GDP is expected to reach its prepandemic level by end of December the same as the UK.

‘The impact of Brexit on the UK economy will be worse in the long run compared to the coronavirus pandemic, the chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility has said.
Richard Hughes said leaving the EU would reduce the UK's potential GDP by about 4% in the long term.
He said forecasts showed the pandemic would reduce GDP "by a further 2%".’

Please feel free to inform Richard Hughes, chairman of thr Office for Budget Responsibility. 🤷‍♂️

Brexit is working on 07:26 - Oct 29 with 537 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Brexit is working on 23:09 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

‘The impact of Brexit on the UK economy will be worse in the long run compared to the coronavirus pandemic, the chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility has said.
Richard Hughes said leaving the EU would reduce the UK's potential GDP by about 4% in the long term.
He said forecasts showed the pandemic would reduce GDP "by a further 2%".’

Please feel free to inform Richard Hughes, chairman of thr Office for Budget Responsibility. 🤷‍♂️

Nobody can predict the future with that certainty. But all evidence so far has proved the remainers got it badly wrong . We have regained our freedom. No longer ruled by the undemocratic EU. Just look at how they are trying to crush Poland.

Another act of piracy the siezure British trawler while the French ignore French trawlers landing under sized fish.

I see the French ambassador has be summoned to explain this action.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 7:32]

Brexit is working on 08:29 - Oct 29 with 522 viewsmajorraglan

Brexit is working on 07:26 - Oct 29 by felixstowe_jack

Nobody can predict the future with that certainty. But all evidence so far has proved the remainers got it badly wrong . We have regained our freedom. No longer ruled by the undemocratic EU. Just look at how they are trying to crush Poland.

Another act of piracy the siezure British trawler while the French ignore French trawlers landing under sized fish.

When the Poles joined they knew and agreed to the principle that EU law would take precedence over domestic Polish law when there are conflicts between the two as its a basic fundamental principle of the EU and which is intended to ensure there are equal playing fields across the EU.

“What’s happened is that the EU considers the introduction of the Polish “Disciplinary Chamber of the Supreme Court” deliberately undermines the independence of Polish judiciary and is incompatible with the primacy of EU law. The law prevents Polish courts, including by using disciplinary proceedings, from directly applying certain provisions of EU law protecting judicial independence, and from putting references for preliminary rulings on such questions to the Court of Justice.

In addition, the Commission considers that Poland violates EU law by allowing the Disciplinary Chamber of the Supreme Court — the independence of which is not guaranteed — to take decisions which have a direct impact on judges and the way they exercise their function. These matters include cases of the lifting of immunity of judges with a view to bringing criminal proceedings against them or detain them, and the consequent temporary suspension from office and the reduction of their salary. The mere prospect for judges of having to face proceedings before a body whose independence is not guaranteed creates a ‘chilling effect' for judges and can affect their own independence.”

I personally think the rule of law should be completely independent of Government and that it should be used to hold the latter to account.

Poland have joined a club which gives them certain privileges, but to enjoy the benefits they have to adhere to the rules - they aren’t. Poland is a net benefactor to the tune of £11bn per annum from the EU, so if they want the Cash they should be toeing the line. If they want to leave then they should, but they can’t have it both ways. Currently, public opinion in Poland is to stay in the EU, but who knows what will happen going forward.
Brexit is working on 08:38 - Oct 29 with 515 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is working on 07:26 - Oct 29 by felixstowe_jack

You cant measure freedom.
Thats useful because we have less.

What can you do now that you could not do before, in respect of your freedom ?

I dont mean counting the lorries stuck in Kent lorry parks.

Brexit is working on 09:29 - Nov 15 with 451 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Shell has announced it is moving its headquarters and tax residence from the Netherlands to the UK. It share price to see 1.6% on the news.

Brexit is working on 09:39 - Nov 15 with 446 viewsBoundy

Brexit is working on 18:30 - Oct 28 by Kilkennyjack

Thanks for the advice.

As usual.

Are you 12 ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Brexit is working on 10:36 - Nov 16 with 392 viewsfelixstowe_jack

More good news another 160,000 now in work even after furlough has ended. 1,170,000 job vacancies as well. No excuse for those without a job not to find one with vacancies all over the country.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024