Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympics thread 10:49 - Jul 23 with 12024 viewsKeithHaynes

Full guide here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/57778808

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Olympics thread on 21:10 - Jul 27 with 1238 viewslonglostjack

Olympics thread on 19:49 - Jul 27 by Dr_Winston

In ten Olympic Games from 1960-1996 no British team won more than five Gold medals. No team had won more than six since 1924. We're just four days in and we've got four already.

Lottery funding has made a massive difference. Give the talent the tools and they deliver.

And the number of sports! Lottery funding targeted at things like bike technology to get a few more gold gongs so we can all be proud to be British every four years. No disrespect to the competitors but would have been much better had they spent the millions at grassroots level.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Olympics thread on 06:57 - Jul 28 with 1177 viewsDr_Winston

Tom Dean is the first British male swimmer to win two golds in a single games since 1908. It's also the first time we've won three golds in a games since the same year.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olympics thread on 07:57 - Jul 28 with 1158 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 06:57 - Jul 28 by Dr_Winston

Tom Dean is the first British male swimmer to win two golds in a single games since 1908. It's also the first time we've won three golds in a games since the same year.

Could this be good news for Swansea?

Swimming lost lottery funding due to poor results, which meant that centres of excellence like Swansea, had to be downgraded, I'm hoping, the opposite happens now.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Olympics thread on 08:46 - Jul 28 with 1139 viewsDr_Winston

Olympics thread on 07:57 - Jul 28 by britferry

Could this be good news for Swansea?

Swimming lost lottery funding due to poor results, which meant that centres of excellence like Swansea, had to be downgraded, I'm hoping, the opposite happens now.

Broadly similar to gymnastics which lost funding after 2012 yet performed better than ever in Rio.

Success is usually followed by an increase in funding so fingers crossed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Olympics thread on 08:50 - Jul 28 with 1116 viewscontroversial_jack

We need more swimming pools, proper ones for swimming and not just leisure pools.I can only think of one in the entire Swansea bay area , and that's for elite athletes only
Olympics thread on 09:29 - Jul 28 with 1122 viewsonehunglow

Matt Richards.
First swimming gold since 1912.
Great stuff son

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Olympics thread on 09:35 - Jul 28 with 1122 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 08:50 - Jul 28 by controversial_jack

We need more swimming pools, proper ones for swimming and not just leisure pools.I can only think of one in the entire Swansea bay area , and that's for elite athletes only

I swim down Sketty Lane, if thats the one you are on about and believe me, I'm not elite, its open to the public, you have to book online at the moment due to COVID but you can usually walk in and swim.

But it is the only 50m in the area, there should be more. A couple of schools like Pen-yr-Heol and Penlan have nice ones that are open to the public but neither are 50m.

Olympics thread on 09:43 - Jul 28 with 1118 viewspikeypaul

Olympics thread on 08:50 - Jul 28 by controversial_jack

Sketty Lane ? Or Swansea Bay Sports Park if you want to give it its real name

It’s open to everyone, but the pool is totally under used.

So much so that a guy I know that had worked there since it’s opening was laid off 18 months ago .

Your talking bollox again about something you obviously know nothing about.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 12:22]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Olympics thread on 09:49 - Jul 28 with 1114 viewsonehunglow

Olympics thread on 09:35 - Jul 28 by britferry

I swim down Sketty Lane, if thats the one you are on about and believe me, I'm not elite, its open to the public, you have to book online at the moment due to COVID but you can usually walk in and swim.

But it is the only 50m in the area, there should be more. A couple of schools like Pen-yr-Heol and Penlan have nice ones that are open to the public but neither are 50m.

It is all about 50m.
Training in a 25 metre pool is useless if you aim to get the the top of the sport.
The whole of the UK is bereft of them.
Too many of our kids cannot even swim properly.
And we're an island race.

Olympics thread on 10:08 - Jul 28 with 1111 viewsonehunglow

Come on Fiji.

Welsh coach innit

Olympics thread on 10:40 - Jul 28 with 1091 viewstrampie

Great Gold in the 7s yet again for Fiji, they continue to be marvelous to watch just like they have been over the years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Olympics thread on 12:52 - Jul 28 with 1054 viewscontroversial_jack

Olympics thread on 09:43 - Jul 28 by pikeypaul

Sketty Lane ? Or Swansea Bay Sports Park if you want to give it its real name

It’s open to everyone, but the pool is totally under used.

So much so that a guy I know that had worked there since it’s opening was laid off 18 months ago .

Your talking bollox again about something you obviously know nothing about.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 12:22]

So, there's one 50 metre pool serving the whole Swansea bay area and further.If you live in PT , it's a hell of a trip to get to there. Maybe it's usder used because it's not easy to get to.

Dusseldorf in Germany a similar size city to Cardiff had 18.This was a few years ago though.

See, I do know what i'm on about
Olympics thread on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 1045 viewsbritferry

unless they introduce sheepdog trials to the Olympics, then they should remove this dressage rubbish and the show jumping and 3 day eventing too.

I would keep the horse section in the modern pentathlon though, I like the history of the sport, as its based on what a spy would have to be good at... horse riding, shooting, fencing, swimming and running... plus in that, they get the horses they have to ride from a random draw, they don't get gifted them from grans stables, like Zara Phillips
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 13:35]

Olympics thread on 13:34 - Jul 28 with 1041 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 12:52 - Jul 28 by controversial_jack

So, there's one 50 metre pool serving the whole Swansea bay area and further.If you live in PT , it's a hell of a trip to get to there. Maybe it's usder used because it's not easy to get to.

Dusseldorf in Germany a similar size city to Cardiff had 18.This was a few years ago though.

you said "that's for elite athletes only" though?

But I will happily agree, we don't have enough 50m pools

Olympics thread on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 1034 viewsonehunglow

Olympics thread on 13:31 - Jul 28 by britferry

unless they introduce sheepdog trials to the Olympics, then they should remove this dressage rubbish and the show jumping and 3 day eventing too.

I would keep the horse section in the modern pentathlon though, I like the history of the sport, as its based on what a spy would have to be good at... horse riding, shooting, fencing, swimming and running... plus in that, they get the horses they have to ride from a random draw, they don't get gifted them from grans stables, like Zara Phillips
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 13:35]

I simply do not believe animals should be used for human sporting events. That simple.

No horse ,no animal is doing anything without a certain amount of cruelty and depravation.

Think about it,a horse has no farking choice to be flown to the other side of the world to give the human pleasure/achievement. It is fundamentally wrong.

Dressage is hardly in the mindset of the average Brit mainly as it's classentric.

Show Jumping ? Just wtf!

Olympics thread on 13:55 - Jul 28 with 1027 viewsWhiterockin

Olympics thread on 12:52 - Jul 28 by controversial_jack

Prior to the pool in Swansea opening the only 50M pool in Wales was in Cardiff and local competitive swimmers had to travel there. Now there are 2 and none in North Wales.
Olympics thread on 14:05 - Jul 28 with 1011 viewstrampie

Olympics thread on 13:42 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

I simply do not believe animals should be used for human sporting events. That simple.

No horse ,no animal is doing anything without a certain amount of cruelty and depravation.

Think about it,a horse has no farking choice to be flown to the other side of the world to give the human pleasure/achievement. It is fundamentally wrong.

Dressage is hardly in the mindset of the average Brit mainly as it's classentric.

Show Jumping ? Just wtf!

There is no cruelty in dressage, my family own and train dressage horses, they even bred a dressage horse at home.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Olympics thread on 14:49 - Jul 28 with 1005 viewsCleddau

Olympics thread on 19:49 - Jul 27 by Dr_Winston

In ten Olympic Games from 1960-1996 no British team won more than five Gold medals. No team had won more than six since 1924. We're just four days in and we've got four already.

Lottery funding has made a massive difference. Give the talent the tools and they deliver.

Not denying the value of lottery funding but the 1924 summer Olympics held 126 events, 1960 had 152 events, 2020 has 339 events. Far more opportunities to win medals than in previous Olympics.
Olympics thread on 14:57 - Jul 28 with 982 viewslondonlisa2001

Olympics thread on 14:05 - Jul 28 by trampie

There is no cruelty in dressage, my family own and train dressage horses, they even bred a dressage horse at home.

I love the dressage.

You can see the horses are having a blast. Same look as when your dog does something they think is clever.

Pumpkin is a beautiful young horse.
Olympics thread on 14:59 - Jul 28 with 976 viewstrampie

Olympics thread on 14:57 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

I love the dressage.

You can see the horses are having a blast. Same look as when your dog does something they think is clever.

Yes indeed.

Olympics thread on 17:44 - Jul 28 with 913 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 14:57 - Jul 28 by londonlisa2001

I love the dressage.

so you'd be happy to see sheepdog trials in there too then?

So why stop there, lets have Polo in too? thats a game for the masses right there

And what about greyhound racing?

Pigeon racing?

Olympics thread on 18:09 - Jul 28 with 893 viewsGwyn737

Olympics thread on 10:40 - Jul 28 by trampie

Great Gold in the 7s yet again for Fiji, they continue to be marvelous to watch just like they have been over the years.

If you enjoy watching Fiji, I seriously recommend Ben Ryan’s book on coaching them to gold in Rio.

It’s absolutely fascinating - I’ve never heard a story like it.
Olympics thread on 18:23 - Jul 28 with 881 viewstrampie

Olympics thread on 17:44 - Jul 28 by britferry

so you'd be happy to see sheepdog trials in there too then?

So why stop there, lets have Polo in too? thats a game for the masses right there

And what about greyhound racing?

Pigeon racing?

She didn't mention sheepdog trials, dressage (as well as eventing, show jumping) have been in it from the early Olympics, the equestrian events are the only one with animals in the Olympics and the horse is seen as much as an athlete as the rider.

Olympics thread on 18:25 - Jul 28 with 877 viewstrampie

Olympics thread on 18:09 - Jul 28 by Gwyn737

If you enjoy watching Fiji, I seriously recommend Ben Ryan’s book on coaching them to gold in Rio.

It’s absolutely fascinating - I’ve never heard a story like it.

I would imagine it would be interesting, I will look out for it.

Olympics thread on 19:05 - Jul 28 with 858 viewsbritferry

Olympics thread on 18:23 - Jul 28 by trampie

She didn't mention sheepdog trials, dressage (as well as eventing, show jumping) have been in it from the early Olympics, the equestrian events are the only one with animals in the Olympics and the horse is seen as much as an athlete as the rider.

Dressage came up because I mentioned it along with sheep dog trials.

So was poetry and tug-o-war, both got bombed out, so should these 3 events

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024