Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer 2016 08:45 - Jul 26 with 1107 viewsQJumpingJack

5 years on. Check out the interview with our new owner.
Has he and his team delivered over the last 5 years?

Summer 2016 on 21:58 - Jul 26 with 1029 viewsbuilthjack

Did someone cut his tongue out after that?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Summer 2016 on 22:56 - Jul 26 with 983 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 21:58 - Jul 26 by builthjack

Did someone cut his tongue out after that?

The club is 21% owned by the SCST.

in general investment is ideally shared with all the owners. If the US owners and other want the club to invest £20m in new shares then the SCST must find £4.2m.

Where is it? It is only £4,200 from each whinging member.

Once they have the money together they can give Levien a ring about their £14m contribution and the other £2m from Jenkins and Morgan.

I have argued since 2012 their holding is far too big for them to service in the best interests of the club. The leaders ship never thought bad times would come. They were Swansea fans? Did I miss something?

I repeat. If you want the club to give the new manager £20m the SCST need to provide £4.2m of it. Business is business. Its basic CSE maths. Almost everyone has one. The fans have no where to hide.

21% owners = 21% of all investment. Did no one tell you? So how much can you raise?
It was a crazy summer 2016.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 18:27]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Summer 2016 on 06:50 - Jul 27 with 919 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 22:56 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

in general investment is ideally shared with all the owners. If the US owners and other want the club to invest £20m in new shares then the SCST must find £4.2m.

Once they have the money together they can give Levien a ring about their £14m contribution and the other £2m from Jenkins and Morgan.

I have argued since 2012 their holding is far too big for them to service in the best interests of the club. The leaders ship never thought bad times would come. They were Swansea fans? Did I miss something?

I repeat. If you want the club to give the new manager £20m the SCST need to provide £4.2m of it. Business is business. Its basic CSE maths. Almost everyone has one. The fans have no where to hide.

21% owners = 21% of all investment. Did no one tell you? So how much can you raise?

Who mentioned investment then?
Unless Jason Levein usually pays for things with his tongue?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Summer 2016 on 06:56 - Jul 27 with 911 viewsChief

But to address this then seeing as you randomly shoehorned it into this thread....

Was Levein aware of everything that you've written? I assume he must have been. As a savvy businessman, he should grasp this 'CSE' level maths easily.

"I have argued since 2012 their holding is far too big for them to service in the best interests of the club"

So..... This means that it was bad for the club that the trust was excluded from the sale then!

And in theory..... Say if the court case rules that the trust's shares are to be bought by the Americans, we can expect a flurry of investment into the football club at that point? Seeing as there's no trust with a holding to stop it?

Summer 2016 on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 831 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 06:56 - Jul 27 by Chief

But to address this then seeing as you randomly shoehorned it into this thread....

Was Levein aware of everything that you've written? I assume he must have been. As a savvy businessman, he should grasp this 'CSE' level maths easily.

"I have argued since 2012 their holding is far too big for them to service in the best interests of the club"

So..... This means that it was bad for the club that the trust was excluded from the sale then!

And in theory..... Say if the court case rules that the trust's shares are to be bought by the Americans, we can expect a flurry of investment into the football club at that point? Seeing as there's no trust with a holding to stop it?

I have made a statement which stands alone.

I stand by this. Anything else is irrelevant. They had 14 years to resolve this issue 7 in the Premier league. The reasons why they did not sort out their ducks is their affair.

I am telling fans demanding US investment that they should ring the SCST and tell them to make their contribution at £1 per every £4 spent by the other owners.

It how business works in this country. The fans are owners and have no where to hide if they demand investment. Otherwise just support the US owners who are doing their best in a very difficult economic climate.

Summer 2016 on 15:00 - Jul 27 with 791 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 14:03 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I have made a statement which stands alone.

I stand by this. Anything else is irrelevant. They had 14 years to resolve this issue 7 in the Premier league. The reasons why they did not sort out their ducks is their affair.

I am telling fans demanding US investment that they should ring the SCST and tell them to make their contribution at £1 per every £4 spent by the other owners.

It how business works in this country. The fans are owners and have no where to hide if they demand investment. Otherwise just support the US owners who are doing their best in a very difficult economic climate.

Yes it certainly does stand alone. Very isolated.

It's only an issue to you though. To everyone else involved including the parties involved there isn't one (or there wasn't until other factors came into play).

But the other owners haven't made their own contribution yet, their £4 is in their bank account (or in the club's account, earning 5% interest for the American shareholders).

Take it up with people who are demanding that the owner's put their own money in then. Haven't seen anyone in this thread suggesting they do that see.

Summer 2016 on 15:12 - Jul 27 with 786 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 15:00 - Jul 27 by Chief

Yes it certainly does stand alone. Very isolated.

It's only an issue to you though. To everyone else involved including the parties involved there isn't one (or there wasn't until other factors came into play).

But the other owners haven't made their own contribution yet, their £4 is in their bank account (or in the club's account, earning 5% interest for the American shareholders).

Take it up with people who are demanding that the owner's put their own money in then. Haven't seen anyone in this thread suggesting they do that see.

Silverstein off course is not a shareholder. Not yet anyway. I am pretty confident he will convert to shares as he believes in the clubs prospects. Those people who have been at the club for 20 years who are not shrewd enough to have any money will be diluted and not before time.

Thank god for the £10m CLN. I want Jake and Jason to know some fans appreciate the efforts and 'Yankee' hard cash.

I would love to see one of the fans group do a talk like Silverstein did. I was impressed. He told the fans what he was doing and why. This is the sort of bloke I want running Swansea city.

Summer 2016 on 16:30 - Jul 27 with 748 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 15:12 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Silverstein off course is not a shareholder. Not yet anyway. I am pretty confident he will convert to shares as he believes in the clubs prospects. Those people who have been at the club for 20 years who are not shrewd enough to have any money will be diluted and not before time.

Thank god for the £10m CLN. I want Jake and Jason to know some fans appreciate the efforts and 'Yankee' hard cash.

I would love to see one of the fans group do a talk like Silverstein did. I was impressed. He told the fans what he was doing and why. This is the sort of bloke I want running Swansea city.

Ok not sure what relevance Silverstein is to this thread. But here we go then:

Well there's no evidence that he does believe in the club's prospects. He loaned the club money (at 5%!) when we were a very decent bet to get promoted to the premier league.

Are you sure they'll be diluted or are you back to burying your head in the sand regarding the court case? I agree though that maybe Jenkins/Morgan may get diluted in future.

We didn't get promoted and surprise surprise, there's no conversion...hmm

The trust do regular forums. Showing your ignorance now. The trust take questions too. Can't say the same for Silverstein. All we've actually heard was a few vague puff pieces and that isolated zoom 'interview' when we were riding high in which we know they lied at least twice that we know of so far.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer 2016 on 17:02 - Jul 27 with 731 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 16:30 - Jul 27 by Chief

Ok not sure what relevance Silverstein is to this thread. But here we go then:

Well there's no evidence that he does believe in the club's prospects. He loaned the club money (at 5%!) when we were a very decent bet to get promoted to the premier league.

Are you sure they'll be diluted or are you back to burying your head in the sand regarding the court case? I agree though that maybe Jenkins/Morgan may get diluted in future.

We didn't get promoted and surprise surprise, there's no conversion...hmm

The trust do regular forums. Showing your ignorance now. The trust take questions too. Can't say the same for Silverstein. All we've actually heard was a few vague puff pieces and that isolated zoom 'interview' when we were riding high in which we know they lied at least twice that we know of so far.

Can you post these "Zoom" Q and A sessions for non members to see. Levien is put up for public ridicule perhaps ?.

Lets see the SCST leadership in action to check their body language.

Summer 2016 on 17:08 - Jul 27 with 726 viewslondonlisa2001

Summer 2016 on 17:02 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Can you post these "Zoom" Q and A sessions for non members to see. Levien is put up for public ridicule perhaps ?.

What basis do you have for your statement that the Trust put one of their fellow shareholders and directors up for public ridicule?

Are we genuinely back to this sort of pathetic attempts to besmirch the Trust and defame its leadership? It’s getting incredibly tiresome. At some point people may lose patience you know.

If you want to see the Trust Leadership’s body language you have had ample opportunity to do so over many years in all sorts of venues very local to you.
Summer 2016 on 17:10 - Jul 27 with 722 viewslondonlisa2001

Simply not true.
Summer 2016 on 17:18 - Jul 27 with 714 viewsvetchonian

oops maybe you have given something away there

are we talking $4.2M = £3.02M

Or maybe you are not from Resolven and you are working in your native currency in your head?
DO you get paid in £ or $

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Summer 2016 on 18:14 - Jul 27 with 691 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 17:02 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Not entirely sure what you mean by this post. It's rather incoherent.

But levien deserves ridicule as we now know some things he stated in that zoom interview were false

Summer 2016 on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 684 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 17:08 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

What basis do you have for your statement that the Trust put one of their fellow shareholders and directors up for public ridicule?

Are we genuinely back to this sort of pathetic attempts to besmirch the Trust and defame its leadership? It’s getting incredibly tiresome. At some point people may lose patience you know.

If you want to see the Trust Leadership’s body language you have had ample opportunity to do so over many years in all sorts of venues very local to you.

You have misinterpretated my statement and not for the first time. Someone, I know not who, has put up a clip of Levien at a difficult time for the club . (presumably for the purposes of ridicule)

I argued, at least they are seen in action and in person for a global audience. I praised also Silverstein for being seen and making a convincing case for his investment /loan.

I have been on Youtube and seen one fellow who used to own SCFC2 from 12 years ago and another from 5 years ago before the sale.

They appear very low profile. Chief told me far from it. I asked him for some clips. I was quite impressed with the last chair when he did an audio recently. I want to see more of them online for the global audience defending and promoting their actions.

That is fair and democratic and good communication.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 18:39]

Summer 2016 on 18:27 - Jul 27 with 679 viewsBillyChong

You still fail to grasp the concept of a Supporters Trust
Summer 2016 on 18:36 - Jul 27 with 677 viewslondonlisa2001

Summer 2016 on 18:24 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

You have misinterpretated my statement and not for the first time. Someone, I know not who, has put up a clip of Levien at a difficult time for the club . (presumably for the purposes of ridicule)

I argued, at least they are seen in action and in person for a global audience. I praised also Silverstein for being seen and making a convincing case for his investment /loan.

I have been on Youtube and seen one fellow who used to own SCFC2 from 12 years ago and another from 5 years ago before the sale.

They appear very low profile. Chief told me far from it. I asked him for some clips. I was quite impressed with the last chair when he did an audio recently. I want to see more of them online for the global audience defending and promoting their actions.

That is fair and democratic and good communication.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 18:39]

“ Can you post these "Zoom" Q and A sessions for non members to see. Levien is put up for public ridicule perhaps ?. ”

That’s what you said. You were referring to the Trust hence the ‘non members’ bit.

If you are now claiming that the two sentences were unconnected and you were just saying that the video of Levien was put in the internet foe ridicule, that’s odd given it’s an official Swans TV clip. Are you suggesting that the club is ridiculing Levien? Or are you suggesting that what he says is, with the benefit of hindsight, ridiculous?

Interesting that you repeatedly praise Silverstein for an online Q&A session. And now Levien. And yet you pretend, for that is the correct word, that you are unaware of the Trust ever holding Q&A sessions despite you knowing that they have done so repeatedly for many years.

Not sure why this is a difficult time for the club by the way. You have said that the club is well run, in a great financial state, we are well rid of Cooper, etc etc etc. What’s ‘difficult’ about all that? Sounds all rosy to me from what you have told us all. Did you forget? Or are you making it up as you go along?
Summer 2016 on 18:39 - Jul 27 with 676 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 17:18 - Jul 27 by vetchonian

oops maybe you have given something away there

are we talking $4.2M = £3.02M

Or maybe you are not from Resolven and you are working in your native currency in your head?
DO you get paid in £ or $

Good spot Vetch. A rogue $ came in. I have corrected it. All meant to be in GBP.

This is the third cowardly suggestion I am on a Yankee payroll.

I actually do not know any Americans at all and never been Stateside. My focus is more eastern for holidays and the like. I want Welsh people to stand proud and pay their way and reject the blame culture.

The fans could blame the owners for lack of investment if they were Cardiff fans with a 0% holding. Swansea fans could blame the club for a lack of investment if they were able to pay their way and contribute in proportion to their holding.

They cannot complain if they cannot afford to pay their way because they have managed their affairs such that the holding of 21% is way in excess of their cash deposits. The fans are also to blame for a lack of investment.

Summer 2016 on 18:52 - Jul 27 with 656 viewslondonlisa2001

Summer 2016 on 18:39 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Good spot Vetch. A rogue $ came in. I have corrected it. All meant to be in GBP.

This is the third cowardly suggestion I am on a Yankee payroll.

I actually do not know any Americans at all and never been Stateside. My focus is more eastern for holidays and the like. I want Welsh people to stand proud and pay their way and reject the blame culture.

The fans could blame the owners for lack of investment if they were Cardiff fans with a 0% holding. Swansea fans could blame the club for a lack of investment if they were able to pay their way and contribute in proportion to their holding.

They cannot complain if they cannot afford to pay their way because they have managed their affairs such that the holding of 21% is way in excess of their cash deposits. The fans are also to blame for a lack of investment.

Who exactly are you accusing of mismanagement of Trust affairs?

For that’s what you are repeatedly doing.
Summer 2016 on 19:03 - Jul 27 with 648 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 18:36 - Jul 27 by londonlisa2001

“ Can you post these "Zoom" Q and A sessions for non members to see. Levien is put up for public ridicule perhaps ?. ”

That’s what you said. You were referring to the Trust hence the ‘non members’ bit.

If you are now claiming that the two sentences were unconnected and you were just saying that the video of Levien was put in the internet foe ridicule, that’s odd given it’s an official Swans TV clip. Are you suggesting that the club is ridiculing Levien? Or are you suggesting that what he says is, with the benefit of hindsight, ridiculous?

Interesting that you repeatedly praise Silverstein for an online Q&A session. And now Levien. And yet you pretend, for that is the correct word, that you are unaware of the Trust ever holding Q&A sessions despite you knowing that they have done so repeatedly for many years.

Not sure why this is a difficult time for the club by the way. You have said that the club is well run, in a great financial state, we are well rid of Cooper, etc etc etc. What’s ‘difficult’ about all that? Sounds all rosy to me from what you have told us all. Did you forget? Or are you making it up as you go along?

'Non members' do not get to see the SCST in person. I would like to see them. I suggested it should be open and accessible as they claim to represent non members too.

The two sentences were separated by a full stop. Perhaps I should have put it in a separate paragraph. No inference was intended that the poster was put up by anyone to do this. I take posts from all people as their own work as are my posts.

Levien was put up on here but not to promote his thinking I suspect. Levien is put on here because currently the club is coming under a lot of criticism. That is obvious.

I praised Silverstein because he has put perhaps £5m into the club coffers and gone to the trouble to convince fans he is an ethical investor (at least in the future). He has the common touch unlike Levien and Jenkins for example. He spoke directly to the fans. This is what they want. And he told them he as not a speculator.

The club is clearly suffering from a tight money situation and having to sell players at below previous market values. This is a concern as selling players was a way the club used to balance the books and build infrastructure. All Championship club appear to have the same problem except Fulham. Even Everton have cut back.

It is a forum. I am allowed to speculate and give opinions and naturally there will be an element of "on the day" aspects. After all the manager appear sealed and delivered 48 hours ago.

Summer 2016 on 19:30 - Jul 27 with 634 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 19:03 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

'Non members' do not get to see the SCST in person. I would like to see them. I suggested it should be open and accessible as they claim to represent non members too.

The two sentences were separated by a full stop. Perhaps I should have put it in a separate paragraph. No inference was intended that the poster was put up by anyone to do this. I take posts from all people as their own work as are my posts.

Levien was put up on here but not to promote his thinking I suspect. Levien is put on here because currently the club is coming under a lot of criticism. That is obvious.

I praised Silverstein because he has put perhaps £5m into the club coffers and gone to the trouble to convince fans he is an ethical investor (at least in the future). He has the common touch unlike Levien and Jenkins for example. He spoke directly to the fans. This is what they want. And he told them he as not a speculator.

The club is clearly suffering from a tight money situation and having to sell players at below previous market values. This is a concern as selling players was a way the club used to balance the books and build infrastructure. All Championship club appear to have the same problem except Fulham. Even Everton have cut back.

It is a forum. I am allowed to speculate and give opinions and naturally there will be an element of "on the day" aspects. After all the manager appear sealed and delivered 48 hours ago.

Why wouldnt you just pay the small yearly sum and then you'll be privy to every piece of content produced? You can then attend every single event if you wish and 'note their body language' for your own perverse gratification. The trust's kiosk is open for every home game, fully accessible to everyone. So you're lying. Just lazy.

Well you take the rough with the smooth. As you like to say 'the buck stops somewhere' and as Levien is the top man he should be open to criticism when the club is in a bit of a mess, just as he was happy to show his face on that zoom call when we were riding high.

How has he convinced fans he's an 'ethical investor' then? Apart from self proclaiming it! Why should we take the word of a bloke who's taken literally no risk but is getting a cool 5% for it, during a pandemic I might add, when maybe his business aren't doing as well as usual? Common touch? I haven't seen him in propping up the bar in the Railway thus far. He's given 1 zoom call and a statement to the club website!

How are we suffering a tight situation then? With the parachute, with the loans, with the cash sale of the likes of Rodon (essential we were told) with not a great deal reinvested we should be sitting pretty shouldn't we? Relatively speaking?

Summer 2016 on 21:15 - Jul 27 with 619 viewsReslovenSwan1

Summer 2016 on 19:30 - Jul 27 by Chief

Why wouldnt you just pay the small yearly sum and then you'll be privy to every piece of content produced? You can then attend every single event if you wish and 'note their body language' for your own perverse gratification. The trust's kiosk is open for every home game, fully accessible to everyone. So you're lying. Just lazy.

Well you take the rough with the smooth. As you like to say 'the buck stops somewhere' and as Levien is the top man he should be open to criticism when the club is in a bit of a mess, just as he was happy to show his face on that zoom call when we were riding high.

How has he convinced fans he's an 'ethical investor' then? Apart from self proclaiming it! Why should we take the word of a bloke who's taken literally no risk but is getting a cool 5% for it, during a pandemic I might add, when maybe his business aren't doing as well as usual? Common touch? I haven't seen him in propping up the bar in the Railway thus far. He's given 1 zoom call and a statement to the club website!

How are we suffering a tight situation then? With the parachute, with the loans, with the cash sale of the likes of Rodon (essential we were told) with not a great deal reinvested we should be sitting pretty shouldn't we? Relatively speaking?

If the club goes bust Silverstein will lose his money or at least some of it. He will lose his cash and his interest and his shares will be worthless. He may have got to the front of the queue as a prime creditor perhaps but it is wrong to say there is no risk.

Summer 2016 on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 612 viewsChief

Summer 2016 on 21:15 - Jul 27 by ReslovenSwan1

If the club goes bust Silverstein will lose his money or at least some of it. He will lose his cash and his interest and his shares will be worthless. He may have got to the front of the queue as a prime creditor perhaps but it is wrong to say there is no risk.

Oh yea if the club was going tits up, do you honestly think his mates wouldn't tip him off to get his money out!? Plus as a board member I assume he's privy to all the financials too.

Zero risk. It's quite the scheme.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 21:47]

Summer 2016 on 00:04 - Jul 28 with 560 viewsGVJack

FFS... I've just spend 15 minutes reading a squabble between posters that has nothing ar all to do with the initial question.... has he delivered over the last 5 years.... Well he talked a lot about growing the swans commercially... so.... have we grown commercially in that time? Errrrr no.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024