Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Byers moving .How does it work. 13:14 - Aug 3 with 3153 viewsReslovenSwan1

Young George is on a reported £10k a week. This was in line with his 'top prospect' status. Sadly injuries and loss of form or 'Cooperball' has done for George.

Sheffield Wednesday are skint. They will not be paying George £10 a week for sure. Best they can do is £5k a week.

I would imagine George might contemplate a wage drop but that would be a goodwill 5% not 50%. He still has a year on his deal.

I therefore conclude the deal must revolve a Sheff Wednesday player coming to Swansea. Most likely Bannan. Callum Patterson is useful in a Warnock team but not suited to 'Martin metrics'.

Bannan value £1.5m transfer fee. George's wage subsidy over two seasons £0.5m. £1m to Wednesday done deal Bannan signs for Swansea for less than George was getting paid.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:25 - Aug 3 with 2086 viewsChief

I don't dispute your logic and figures but I don't like the thought of paying a skint and relegated Sheffield Wednesday a million for a 31 yr old.

I hope you're wrong.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:32 - Aug 3 with 2067 viewsjasper_T

Could just be paying him a lump sum or topping up his wages with what he's owed for the next 12 months.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:39 - Aug 3 with 2049 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:25 - Aug 3 by Chief

I don't dispute your logic and figures but I don't like the thought of paying a skint and relegated Sheffield Wednesday a million for a 31 yr old.

I hope you're wrong.

The figures could be lower of course. What is not in dispute is George will want his £500,000 wages due to him by Swansea. It falls into "something we can work out" only if Sheff Wed is sending one of their players. It could be a promising kid or Bannan. Josh Windass is another with value.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:55 - Aug 3 with 2018 viewshobo

If they want Byers for nothing they can do a straight swap for Bannan. Otherwise they;ll have to wait a year
Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:04 - Aug 3 with 1997 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 13:39 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

The figures could be lower of course. What is not in dispute is George will want his £500,000 wages due to him by Swansea. It falls into "something we can work out" only if Sheff Wed is sending one of their players. It could be a promising kid or Bannan. Josh Windass is another with value.

I’ve always scratched my head a bit at this.
I’m pretty certain the swans won’t pay any player leaving to go to a new club his wages for the time he he won’t be at the club. Once he has gone, that’s it.

I’m stating this as my information is he is signing on a permanent deal. Not a loan.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:34 - Aug 3 with 1939 viewsjasper_T

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:04 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

I’m pretty certain the swans won’t pay any player leaving to go to a new club his wages for the time he he won’t be at the club. Once he has gone, that’s it.

I’m stating this as my information is he is signing on a permanent deal. Not a loan.

He won't go then, will he. Permanent transfers where the selling club makes up the difference in lost wages aren't uncommon. The player has little incentive to leave if it means halving his earnings for 12 months.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:39 - Aug 3 with 1925 viewshobo

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:34 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

He won't go then, will he. Permanent transfers where the selling club makes up the difference in lost wages aren't uncommon. The player has little incentive to leave if it means halving his earnings for 12 months.

I just think that's a very short sighted view. A player in his mid 20s would be jumping at the chance of first team football. Remember, n 12 months he'll be on £0 a week, and after a year of very little gametime, there won't exactly be a queue of clubs chasing his signature
Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:41 - Aug 3 with 1918 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:04 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

George wants to go on a free and Swansea want his wages off the books. He will want his £500k due to him. Swansea will give him for free if they can have Bannan for £1m. (Bannan was a top performer and Byers was annonymous last season).

He will get his £500k wages for next season only. £250k from Wednesday and £250k (notionally) from Swansea.

The £250k paid by Swansea will come off the fee Swansea pay to Wednesday for Bannan. Valuation of Bannan is higher than that of Byers by perhaps £1m. Swansea would in that case simple pay £750,000. (£1m minus Swansea s contribution to George's wages)

George + £750,000 and half Georges wages paid for next season. Swansea paying effectively £1m but George's £500k is off the books. Bannan will be on less than George's £500k so some saving on the £1m there.

Hope that makes sense. Bannan signed a new deal no doubt being free to move "if someone came in".

Without this 'wheeling and dealing' Byers cannot go the Wednesday without him giving up the £500k due to him in wages. They technically cannot afford him. He could do a "Narsingh" and just hang around the place going through the motions. Bravo to George.

Expect a transfer from Sheff Wed to Swansea. Bannan, Windass, a kid from the academy perhaps?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:49]

Login to get fewer ads

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:49 - Aug 3 with 1886 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:41 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

George wants to go on a free and Swansea want his wages off the books. He will want his £500k due to him. Swansea will give him for free if they can have Bannan for £1m. (Bannan was a top performer and Byers was annonymous last season).

He will get his £500k wages for next season only. £250k from Wednesday and £250k (notionally) from Swansea.

The £250k paid by Swansea will come off the fee Swansea pay to Wednesday for Bannan. Valuation of Bannan is higher than that of Byers by perhaps £1m. Swansea would in that case simple pay £750,000. (£1m minus Swansea s contribution to George's wages)

George + £750,000 and half Georges wages paid for next season. Swansea paying effectively £1m but George's £500k is off the books. Bannan will be on less than George's £500k so some saving on the £1m there.

Hope that makes sense. Bannan signed a new deal no doubt being free to move "if someone came in".

Without this 'wheeling and dealing' Byers cannot go the Wednesday without him giving up the £500k due to him in wages. They technically cannot afford him. He could do a "Narsingh" and just hang around the place going through the motions. Bravo to George.

Expect a transfer from Sheff Wed to Swansea. Bannan, Windass, a kid from the academy perhaps?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 14:49]

I have to say transfer dealings and their semantics are very flexible.
I’ve spoken today to an agent at ten10 football on another matter, I mentioned the Byers thing, he didn’t get it, as much as I don’t.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:01 - Aug 3 with 1860 viewsjasper_T

Byers moving .How does it work. on 14:39 - Aug 3 by hobo

I just think that's a very short sighted view. A player in his mid 20s would be jumping at the chance of first team football. Remember, n 12 months he'll be on £0 a week, and after a year of very little gametime, there won't exactly be a queue of clubs chasing his signature

One step away from an employer asking you to work for "exposure" or "the experience". If Wednesday can only afford half his wages that's £250k he'd be gambling with. Maybe he flops in League One. Maybe he gets injured his first week. Small money at a Championship club that was paying Ayew £4-5m a season, maybe.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:18 - Aug 3 with 1821 viewsCatullus

I had a scout around online and different figures are given but Byers is stated as around 11k per week but Bannan is put at 27k per week.
It also suggests Byers is worth about 1 million but Bannan is worth about 1.5 million.

That could be very wrong but if it's right then Weds could give Byers the same deal as here AND save money on wages. If they got 500k or more for Bannan on top of Byers it makes it a good deal...if you value Byers at anywhere near that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:26 - Aug 3 with 1804 viewsjack247

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:18 - Aug 3 by Catullus

I had a scout around online and different figures are given but Byers is stated as around 11k per week but Bannan is put at 27k per week.
It also suggests Byers is worth about 1 million but Bannan is worth about 1.5 million.

That could be very wrong but if it's right then Weds could give Byers the same deal as here AND save money on wages. If they got 500k or more for Bannan on top of Byers it makes it a good deal...if you value Byers at anywhere near that.

Well precisely. I don’t know either of the players wages, but would be very surprised if Bannan was prepared to come here for less than we currently pay Byers
Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:28 - Aug 3 with 1799 viewsjasper_T

Average Championship wage these days is £15k+, we won't sign anyone ready to come straight into the first team for much less than that.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:59 - Aug 3 with 1730 viewsguthrieintherain

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:28 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Average Championship wage these days is £15k+, we won't sign anyone ready to come straight into the first team for much less than that.

15k a week you surprise me there never thought it wss that high.

No wonder Cooper was miffed if the 240k a year mentioned earlier in the thread is true.

Edit sorry it was mentioned on a different thread.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:02]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Byers moving .How does it work. on 16:03 - Aug 3 with 1722 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:28 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

We are in new times. I believe just about all new deals will be less than £10k per week with one or two exceptions for the parachute teams.

Players on more than this are currently refusing to move and will simply run down their contracts. We have seen it with Deidhou, Assomabalonga, Lyle Taylor etc.

Player like Robson Kanu cannot find a team to meet his demands. Our own Nathan Dyer declined to play rather than take perhaps £5k a week which is big money to the rest of us.

Players are being offered pay drops.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 16:09 - Aug 3 with 1684 viewsjasper_T

Byers moving .How does it work. on 15:59 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

15k a week you surprise me there never thought it wss that high.

No wonder Cooper was miffed if the 240k a year mentioned earlier in the thread is true.

Edit sorry it was mentioned on a different thread.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:02]

It is dragged up by the parachute teams and players like Ayew hanging onto £80k/week, but almost every club is spending >100% of their turnover on staff wages. The lure of a PL windfall has driven costs up across the board for players of every skill level.
Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:01 - Aug 3 with 1541 viewsBillyChong

Byers moving .How does it work. on 16:03 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

We are in new times. I believe just about all new deals will be less than £10k per week with one or two exceptions for the parachute teams.

Players on more than this are currently refusing to move and will simply run down their contracts. We have seen it with Deidhou, Assomabalonga, Lyle Taylor etc.

Player like Robson Kanu cannot find a team to meet his demands. Our own Nathan Dyer declined to play rather than take perhaps £5k a week which is big money to the rest of us.

Bannan will want more than £10k a week
Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:14 - Aug 3 with 1510 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 16:03 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Dyer refused to play? Is that true? Surely not, if he still wanted to be paid and no one would offer him more than 5k, how does retiring make sense?

I just read the WOL story and he says nothing about 5k just that he had offers but now was the right time to retire.

I don't dispute players are getting lower offers, the age of massive wages in the Championship has ended, I think. The menace of promotion to the EPL, what it does to clubs and the after effects of relegation have bitten, brought on by covid maybe but it was time.
My son reckons he sees online that the super league is still going ahead. I don't know but if those big clubs want ever more money then they can go and I don't care. WHat do they do with all the extra income, just pay it out in ever more ridiculous wage packets. One of these big clubs really needs to go bankrupt and fail. It needs to be shown how stupid and greedy they are (players and clubs) and maybe Barcelona are the team in real danger, over 1 billion in debt last I saw.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:14 - Aug 3 with 1508 viewsBillyChong

He’s gone, doesn’t appear to be part of any swap deal just a sell on clause
Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:35 - Aug 3 with 1445 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:14 - Aug 3 by Catullus

Dyer refused to play? Is that true? Surely not, if he still wanted to be paid and no one would offer him more than 5k, how does retiring make sense?

I just read the WOL story and he says nothing about 5k just that he had offers but now was the right time to retire.

I don't dispute players are getting lower offers, the age of massive wages in the Championship has ended, I think. The menace of promotion to the EPL, what it does to clubs and the after effects of relegation have bitten, brought on by covid maybe but it was time.
My son reckons he sees online that the super league is still going ahead. I don't know but if those big clubs want ever more money then they can go and I don't care. WHat do they do with all the extra income, just pay it out in ever more ridiculous wage packets. One of these big clubs really needs to go bankrupt and fail. It needs to be shown how stupid and greedy they are (players and clubs) and maybe Barcelona are the team in real danger, over 1 billion in debt last I saw.

I am speculating. He was on in excess of £30k a week £1.5m a year. He had offers much lower than this in league 1 or 2 but declined to take them.

New club, new banter, getting kicked. Whats the point? His investments might be doing well. Same with Bony who has even more money. These guys want £1m pa or they do not play. It not worth the hassle.

The big urban English giants do not need the super league. The Spanish ones do for major mismanagement. They have over spent.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:43 - Aug 3 with 1411 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:14 - Aug 3 by BillyChong

He’s gone, doesn’t appear to be part of any swap deal just a sell on clause

Who is paying George's £10k a week salary for next season is the question.
The £250,000 question. This is the annual income difference to what Swansea were paying him and what Wednesday can afford.

a) Has he given it up?
b) Have Swansea paid the difference.
c) Will Wednesday pay it in leau of getting George on a free transfer.

Swansea have saved £500k salary and can bring in 2x £5000 per week footballers.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:55 - Aug 3 with 1352 viewsCatullus

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:35 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

I am speculating. He was on in excess of £30k a week £1.5m a year. He had offers much lower than this in league 1 or 2 but declined to take them.

New club, new banter, getting kicked. Whats the point? His investments might be doing well. Same with Bony who has even more money. These guys want £1m pa or they do not play. It not worth the hassle.

The big urban English giants do not need the super league. The Spanish ones do for major mismanagement. They have over spent.

You posted this,

"Our own Nathan Dyer declined to play rather than take perhaps £5k a week which is big money to the rest of us"

That doesn't sound like speculation, maybe you need to learn that lesson. You do a lot of speculating and presuming which is why Chief gets on your case, because you post it as if it's facts when it's anything but.

Byers moving .How does it work. on 19:02 - Aug 3 with 1326 viewsraynor94

Byers moving .How does it work. on 18:43 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Who is paying George's £10k a week salary for next season is the question.
The £250,000 question. This is the annual income difference to what Swansea were paying him and what Wednesday can afford.

a) Has he given it up?
b) Have Swansea paid the difference.
c) Will Wednesday pay it in leau of getting George on a free transfer.

Swansea have saved £500k salary and can bring in 2x £5000 per week footballers.

5k a week? Pay peanuts you get monkeys

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Byers moving .How does it work. on 19:23 - Aug 3 with 1259 viewsReslovenSwan1

Byers moving .How does it work. on 19:02 - Aug 3 by raynor94

5k a week? Pay peanuts you get monkeys

Swansea have lowered the average of the team to try and maintain quality while depressing the wages.

Benda, Williams, Cullen Joseph, Brandon Cooper, Whiitaker. You reckon they are on £10k a week? I doubt it.

Here you go.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/swansea-city/
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 19:25]

Byers moving .How does it work. on 20:09 - Aug 3 with 1170 viewsKeithHaynes

Byers moving .How does it work. on 19:23 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have lowered the average of the team to try and maintain quality while depressing the wages.

Benda, Williams, Cullen Joseph, Brandon Cooper, Whiitaker. You reckon they are on £10k a week? I doubt it.

Here you go.

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/swansea-city/
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 19:25]

Speak direct to those that know these figures are a bit iffy 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024