Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. 23:50 - Aug 12 with 40255 viewsProfessor

Look at the mess in the American South where vaccination rates are low. Please,
If you have not -get vaccinated

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/12/mississippi-covid-surge-strainin
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 15:55 - Nov 9 with 1455 viewsProfessor

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:43 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Well, perhaps your knowledge is out of date?
Maybe you should talk to Richard Pomerantz, with a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology at the Thomas Jefferson University , he and his team seem to think you are wrong.
Me I wouldn't know I just read what other people write.

"Cells contain machinery that duplicates DNA into a new set that goes into a newly formed cell. That same class of machines, called polymerases, also build RNA messages, which are like notes copied from the central DNA repository of recipes, so they can be read more efficiently into proteins. But polymerases were thought to only work in one direction DNA into DNA or RNA. This prevents RNA messages from being rewritten back into the master recipe book of genomic DNA. Now, Thomas Jefferson University researchers provide evidence that RNA segments can be written back into DNA via a polymerase called theta, which could have wide implications affecting many fields of biology."

Go read the paper.

It's good.
The press release you have read is incredibly 'over egged'.

They transcribed up to 30 or so nucleotides in vitro. Looks like a repair mechanism that can use RNA as a template rather than a true reverse transcriptase, and as yet, not shown by anyone to have any in vivo activity. Also only happens at very high concentrations of polymerase and nucleotides.

For context the S protein gene is around 4000 nucleotides

He does not think I am wrong, as there is no suggestion it will transcribe a gene from an RNA signal. The suggestion seems to be it may be a tool for DNA repair that can have therapeutic use.

It may be important, or just a lab quirk. Time will tell.

But there is no evidence that there is reverse transcriptase activity anywhere near allowing an mRNA signal to become incorporated, and even then would likely be excised through proof reading at the next round of cell replication.

See that's the difference-read and understand in context
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 23:26 - Nov 10 with 1374 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Still trust Pfizer with their track record, which continues.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10186363/Researchers-running-arm-Pfizer
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 07:10 - Nov 11 with 1348 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 23:26 - Nov 10 by A_Fans_Dad

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10186363/Researchers-running-arm-Pfizer

Just get vaccinated

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 08:52 - Nov 11 with 1338 viewsScotia

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 23:26 - Nov 10 by A_Fans_Dad

Have you read the original article?
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 15:35 - Nov 11 with 1305 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 08:52 - Nov 11 by Scotia

Have you read the original article?

Yes about a week ago.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 16:35 - Nov 11 with 1293 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nearly 700,000 doses of vaccine administered in last 24 hours . Well done everyone.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:14 - Nov 11 with 1284 viewsScotia

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 15:35 - Nov 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes about a week ago.

I'm sure you'll agree that it's nothing much to worry about.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 18:58 - Nov 11 with 1273 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 17:14 - Nov 11 by Scotia

I'm sure you'll agree that it's nothing much to worry about.

If you say so.
Login to get fewer ads

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:34 - Jan 27 with 1031 viewsSirjohnalot

How many times ? No anti vax nonsense Tummer, I’ll delete your post
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 10:44 - Jan 28 with 834 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:39 - Jan 28 with 795 viewsBadgeman

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 20:34 - Jan 27 by Sirjohnalot

How many times ? No anti vax nonsense Tummer, I’ll delete your post

Wait is A Fans Dad Tummer?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:51 - Jan 28 with 787 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:39 - Jan 28 by Badgeman

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:53 - Jan 28 with 785 viewsBadgeman

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:51 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Your brain is pretty much soup at this point. Get help.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 781 viewsSirjohnalot

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:39 - Jan 28 by Badgeman

They’ll be banned if they post anti vax crap again
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:35 - Jan 28 with 741 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:53 - Jan 28 by Badgeman

Your brain is pretty much soup at this point. Get help.

Says the poster who thinks Tummer lives in Killay.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 734 viewsDr_Parnassus

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 12:56 - Jan 28 by Sirjohnalot

They’ll be banned if they post anti vax crap again

What about pro-vax crap?

Or is it just for those who have concerns over it?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:51 - Jan 28 with 720 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:43 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

What about pro-vax crap?

Or is it just for those who have concerns over it?

Careful, he will ban you, it is his opinion of what "crap" is, not anybody else's.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:56 - Jan 28 with 712 viewsDr_Parnassus

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:51 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Careful, he will ban you, it is his opinion of what "crap" is, not anybody else's.

Yeah that was my point.

I have no opinion either way. But the language that is being used “anti-vax nonsense” and “anti-vax crap” seems like an enforcement of opinion.

If we are to ban ‘anti vax crap’ then surely we must treat ‘pro vax crap’ the same? Otherwise you are just enforcing a one sided opinion.

Ban vaccination discussion if there is a concern, but banning one side is just forcing your opinion via manipulation and threats, and I won’t be convinced otherwise.

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:59 - Jan 28 with 700 viewsSirjohnalot

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:56 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah that was my point.

I have no opinion either way. But the language that is being used “anti-vax nonsense” and “anti-vax crap” seems like an enforcement of opinion.

If we are to ban ‘anti vax crap’ then surely we must treat ‘pro vax crap’ the same? Otherwise you are just enforcing a one sided opinion.

Ban vaccination discussion if there is a concern, but banning one side is just forcing your opinion via manipulation and threats, and I won’t be convinced otherwise.

No discussion. Rules are clear. There will be no anti vax postings on this site. I’ve explained the reasons why. If people care about the site, then they will comply. If they don’t, they’ll be banned. I am not trying to convince you. Post anti vax conspiracies and you’ll be banned.

Simple as that .
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:14 - Jan 28 with 681 viewsDr_Parnassus

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 13:59 - Jan 28 by Sirjohnalot

No discussion. Rules are clear. There will be no anti vax postings on this site. I’ve explained the reasons why. If people care about the site, then they will comply. If they don’t, they’ll be banned. I am not trying to convince you. Post anti vax conspiracies and you’ll be banned.

Simple as that .

Then stop adding your opinionated language to it, if the reason for not allowing it is not related.

You aren’t helping yourself by mixing the two.

There is absolutely a discussion surrounding how you go about things on here, it’s absolutely valid.

Who decides if something is a conspiracy out of interest? And what do you use to determine? Are you qualified in the subject to determine what is or isn’t conspiracy?

The last thing you called a “conspiracy” (the outrage at sex toys being given out at school) you had to walk back after realising it was anything but and admit you were rash in your response, so I’m not sure you should be the arbiter of what is or isn’t one.

Your plan seems incredible flawed, which is becoming a theme.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2023 14:19]

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:23 - Jan 28 with 650 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:14 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

Then stop adding your opinionated language to it, if the reason for not allowing it is not related.

There is absolutely a discussion surrounding how you go about things on here, it’s absolutely valid.

Who decides if something is a conspiracy out of interest? And what do you use to determine? Are you qualified in the subject to determine what is or isn’t conspiracy?

The last thing you called a “conspiracy” (the outrage at sex toys being given out at school) you had to walk back after realising it was anything but and admit you were rash in your response, so I’m not sure you should be the arbiter of what is or isn’t one.

Anything that isn't "pro" is conspiracy.
Even when it comes from government data, government statements, clinical studies or statements made by vax company representatives.
The irony of it will become apparent in the future.
If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:24 - Jan 28 with 648 viewsSirjohnalot

If you have any doubts about vaccination…. on 14:14 - Jan 28 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not arguing with you. Don’t like the rules. Go elsewhere else

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024