Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH 10:49 - Aug 25 with 19769 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the country and western town of Preston. The team with P N and E in their name. Let’s add an I and an S.

Saturday 28th August 2021
Deepdale Stadium
Kick Off 3pm

It’s the final game before the international break, that’s the last game before the next ones start, which will be at the end of the international break.

Match Officials
THOMAS BRAMALL
Thomas loves a card. 21 🟨 in his first 10 games. The EFL generally give him league one or two games so this is a step up.
Assisted by : Richard Wild and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Preston is famous for many things, the first KFC, the first Motorway, the word ‘teetotal’ comes from Preston, which I as your host totally agree with. It’s also a fact that the highest amount of bellends in the country come from Preston, oh, but think, yes bellends are made in Preston, the very ends of bells in church spires ( or lofts ) that make the noise that bloody annoy you on Sundays. That’s why they have a church with the tallest spire in England, to fit all the bellends in.

The home ends at Preston are also full of bellends.

Six players unavailable for Swansea City’s away clash at PNE 27th Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City travel to Lancashire today with a number of players unavailable for selection. Kyle Joseph won’t play this weekend as he is in Gloucestershire finalising his loan to Cheltenham Town. Korey Smith and Liam Walsh are also still out, but the good news is Connor Roberts is around two weeks away from upping his training regime. Swans fans could see him back by mid to late September. 0

On the day tickets will be available to purchase from the away ticket office at Deepdale.

The away ticket office is located at the Bill Shankly Kop, adjacent to the away turnstiles.

Get your vaccination today
“We hope it provides an accessible and convenient chance for supporters of both the Lilywhites, and our visitors Swansea City, to be able to get a first or second dose of the vaccine while attending the game.” Dr Zak Patel, Clinical Director, the Preston North Primary Care Network (PCN) said: “We are incredibly proud to be able to offer a mobile Covid-19 vaccination clinic in a place that is convenient and accessible, for footballers and fans alike. “Whether you’re looking forward to getting back to spending time with family and friends, planning your next holiday or counting down the days until your favourite festival, the vaccine will help keep you and those around you safe.

Preston North End: Daniel Iversen, Sepp van den Berg, Ben Whiteman, Patrick Bauer, Daniel Johnson (captain), Jordan Storey, Andrew Hughes, Ryan Ledson, Emil Riis, Sean Maguire, Josh Earl.

Substitutes: Declan Rudd, Greg Cunningham, Josh Harrop, Joe Rafferty, Scott Sinclair, Joe Rodwell-Grant, Brad Pott.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Bennett, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Kyle Naughton, Brandon Cooper, Dan Williams, Yan Dhanda, Morgan Whittaker, Jamal Lowe.

Russell Martin agrees entirely, the swans were shockingly bad ! 28th Aug 2021 20:15
Pulling no punches whatsoever Swansea City manager Russell Martin stated post match his team just didn’t compete anywhere on the pitch. A comprehensive display by Preston North End including pace and pressing in the right areas put paid to any thoughts of a swans victory after an entertaining first fifteen minutes. 0

Nothing to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:26 - Sep 2 with 475 viewsonehunglow

Some aftermath of Preston is this.
I got pretty upset going back and not just because of the horrendous traffic.
A great place though was Moor Park social club.
Parking £3 two snooker tables and staggering friendly staff . Crown green bowls too. Suggest next time we play there-if we stay up that is-more consider making this a place to spend several hours.Places like this need support.

I asked her about being the former Con Club and she said it's why they changed its name. Not many Tories around there she said.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:33 - Sep 2 with 471 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:18 - Sep 2 by jack247

It started off as often talking about Cooper. Constantly and sly digs came in later, so I haven’t changed it, but yes holistically there isn’t much difference.

From that list, all the entries on 23rd are quite evidently one conversation where you’re just asking me to expand or clarify what I’ve already said.

Same applies to the entries on the 26th.

Entries on the 27th and 29th aren’t in any way disparaging towards Cooper, if anything they are supportive of him. I’ve no idea why you’ve included these in a list of swipes.

Entry on the 19th August- Steve Cooper didn’t fancy it. You can count that as a dig if you want, but it’s factual.

23rd and 28th - Both are opinions that I expect many to agree with. You’d have to be extremely sensitive to get upset by either.

30th and 31st, both the same discussion, part of this thread, where I basically say he bottled it because the squad wasn’t strong enough.

So if we’re looking at swipes, I’d whittle that list down to three conversations, five if you class me saying his football was predictable or wouldn’t work without Ayew as swipes.

The three genuine knocks, would have been single entries had you not asked me to expand on them.

Both are true, talking about Cooper and digging... only one is an issue though.

Talk about Cooper to your hearts content, not a problem. When you start making up he bottled it, touted himself, hawked himself, couldn't work without Ayew (despite that's factually wrong) etc etc is when you will start to get some push back.

The accepting sources for some... then saying they are unreliable for other key points of your stance, yet its the exact same source. The chopping and changing and evolving of opinions on the fly to suit, as and when they get proven incorrect or unlikely.

One of your notions ended up that he applied to Fulham and was rejected by HR in your attempt to say he hawked himself to them... I think you gave it the old silent treatment when challenged on that though and dropped it post haste - all the gymnastics that need to be done to present the most unlikely, zero reported and most negative slants available.

That is what we are talking about. We both know you do it, why the pretense?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:40]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:44 - Sep 2 with 458 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:33 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Both are true, talking about Cooper and digging... only one is an issue though.

Talk about Cooper to your hearts content, not a problem. When you start making up he bottled it, touted himself, hawked himself, couldn't work without Ayew (despite that's factually wrong) etc etc is when you will start to get some push back.

The accepting sources for some... then saying they are unreliable for other key points of your stance, yet its the exact same source. The chopping and changing and evolving of opinions on the fly to suit, as and when they get proven incorrect or unlikely.

One of your notions ended up that he applied to Fulham and was rejected by HR in your attempt to say he hawked himself to them... I think you gave it the old silent treatment when challenged on that though and dropped it post haste - all the gymnastics that need to be done to present the most unlikely, zero reported and most negative slants available.

That is what we are talking about. We both know you do it, why the pretense?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:40]

I just felt you were misrepresenting by including conversations which you kept going as separate entries and including neutral/supportive towards Cooper quotes in that list of ‘swipes’.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:53 - Sep 2 with 448 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:44 - Sep 2 by jack247

I just felt you were misrepresenting by including conversations which you kept going as separate entries and including neutral/supportive towards Cooper quotes in that list of ‘swipes’.

Nobody kept anything going, they were all separate entries, that is how discussions work.

You could have not posted like you did after I brought up the Bristol City analysis, or when I asked you about Cooper applying to Fulham and getting rejected by admin staff in a thinning round.

Nothing has been misrepresented. The accusation is there and also the comments complete with dates. Yes, ''some'' were in the same thread but posted on different days, others were not. Makes no difference to the point I made, maybe it makes you feel better to point that out as you feel it makes a difference, if so then great.

If there is an opportunity to take non football related swipe at Cooper, you usually take it. Criticizing his achievements is shaky ground, as you well know, which is why the swipes are focused on his character where you selectively dismiss media reports in favour of the stories you make up in your head, some of which are frankly ridiculous.

Again, lets stop the pretending.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 12:07]

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:10 - Sep 2 with 434 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 11:53 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Nobody kept anything going, they were all separate entries, that is how discussions work.

You could have not posted like you did after I brought up the Bristol City analysis, or when I asked you about Cooper applying to Fulham and getting rejected by admin staff in a thinning round.

Nothing has been misrepresented. The accusation is there and also the comments complete with dates. Yes, ''some'' were in the same thread but posted on different days, others were not. Makes no difference to the point I made, maybe it makes you feel better to point that out as you feel it makes a difference, if so then great.

If there is an opportunity to take non football related swipe at Cooper, you usually take it. Criticizing his achievements is shaky ground, as you well know, which is why the swipes are focused on his character where you selectively dismiss media reports in favour of the stories you make up in your head, some of which are frankly ridiculous.

Again, lets stop the pretending.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 12:07]

I was a willing participant. Fact remains, without your direct involvement, 8 of those entries get whittled down to 3. The remainder are comments that aren’t swipes at all. When you’re making a list of swipes I’ve taken at Cooper, that’s misrepresentation.

There are constantly opportunities to take football and non football related swipes at him. Look how often ‘Cooperball’, ‘Stevie’, ‘Ponty Goblin’ and such like get brought up. I just ignore it.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:18 - Sep 2 with 428 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:10 - Sep 2 by jack247

I was a willing participant. Fact remains, without your direct involvement, 8 of those entries get whittled down to 3. The remainder are comments that aren’t swipes at all. When you’re making a list of swipes I’ve taken at Cooper, that’s misrepresentation.

There are constantly opportunities to take football and non football related swipes at him. Look how often ‘Cooperball’, ‘Stevie’, ‘Ponty Goblin’ and such like get brought up. I just ignore it.

So you are blaming me for you making stuff up about him? That's a new one I guess.

Just because you don't class them as swipes doesn't mean they aren't. They are either swipes or lies, he was perfectly fine without Ayew as I have showed many times - so to suggest he wasn't is factually inaccurate. He was also perfectly fine without Guehi, there is zero evidence to say he wasn't.

Why is ''Cooperball'' a swipe? Is ''Martinball'' a swipe then?

You know the sorts of swipes I am talking about and you make them whenever the opportunity presents itself. The HR rejection at Fulham was the cherry on a pretty pathetic and petty cake.

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:23 - Sep 2 with 423 viewsjack247

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:18 - Sep 2 by Dr_Parnassus

So you are blaming me for you making stuff up about him? That's a new one I guess.

Just because you don't class them as swipes doesn't mean they aren't. They are either swipes or lies, he was perfectly fine without Ayew as I have showed many times - so to suggest he wasn't is factually inaccurate. He was also perfectly fine without Guehi, there is zero evidence to say he wasn't.

Why is ''Cooperball'' a swipe? Is ''Martinball'' a swipe then?

You know the sorts of swipes I am talking about and you make them whenever the opportunity presents itself. The HR rejection at Fulham was the cherry on a pretty pathetic and petty cake.

Not at all. I’m blaming you for representing three conversations as eight.
PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:26 - Sep 2 with 421 viewsDr_Parnassus

PNE v Swansea City MATCHDAY AFTERMATH on 12:23 - Sep 2 by jack247

Not at all. I’m blaming you for representing three conversations as eight.

I am not.

At no point did I say here are 8 conversations, you yet again have just become a little tetchy and keep claiming things are misrepresented when things start getting uncomfortable regarding the things you say.

You do that to deflect from facing up to things, like when you said I was goading you because I was asking you for a follow up on the Bristol comments that I proved were nonsense. You either blame someone else, change the subject or ignore it. I am still waiting for the Fulham HR rejection round explanation and that's been 6 weeks, but no doubt I will get accused of goading before you muster a response or admit you were being petty.

I said you are constantly taking swipes at Cooper. Whether they are in 5 conversations or 10 doesn't affect the point I am making, the amount of comments and swipes are the same, I stand by it and won’t be backing down on that fact. If you want me to go back further and get a better collection of threads and comments then happy to do so.

If it makes you feel better to point it out that they weren't all in separate threads and feel it makes a difference, then great.

My point remains.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 12:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024