Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morgan Whittaker 23:13 - Sep 12 with 3111 viewsmax936

is he injured or just not fancied by Martin, not in yesterdays match day squad.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Morgan Whittaker on 22:17 - Sep 13 with 1219 viewsBadlands

Hoofball and coset Premier League team fans are hoping we fail.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Morgan Whittaker on 14:18 - Sep 14 with 1127 viewsvetchonian

Morgan Whittaker on 21:41 - Sep 13 by jackrmee

We had Oba and Cullen on the bench in that position.

How many goals has Cullen got this season?
How many has Whittaker

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Morgan Whittaker on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 1029 viewsjackrmee

Morgan Whittaker on 14:18 - Sep 14 by vetchonian

How many goals has Cullen got this season?
How many has Whittaker

No argument there.
I just pointed out that we already had 2 strikers on the bench.
I don't think anyone would argue that Whittaker should be ahead of Oba.
It's pretty obvious that RM likes Cullen for some reason. He's started him in the majority of games this season. Maybe he sees him as more versatile, as he's played him in CAM as well.

Personally, I don't think either Cullen or Whittaker are near ready for our first XI. It doesn't really matter to me which is on the bench.
Whittaker did very little last season to convince me he is very good. His hatrick in the cup, off the bench was nice, but doesn't really prove anything.

Oba and Piroe are so far out in front and should form a decent partnership.
MW and LC will both be backups, so one should go out on loan IMO.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Morgan Whittaker on 12:32 - Sep 15 with 966 viewsvetchonian

Morgan Whittaker on 10:16 - Sep 15 by jackrmee

No argument there.
It's pretty obvious that RM likes Cullen for some reason. He's started him in the majority of games this season. Maybe he sees him as more versatile, as he's played him in CAM as well.

Personally, I don't think either Cullen or Whittaker are near ready for our first XI. It doesn't really matter to me which is on the bench.
Whittaker did very little last season to convince me he is very good. His hatrick in the cup, off the bench was nice, but doesn't really prove anything.

Funny though how many last season were calling for him to play more than Lowe who ended up our second highest socrer...mainly after coming off the bench and scoring against Man City...our previous manager whilst winning games got lots of stick for this and other selections yet our new manager is having excuses made whilst he is struggling for results

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Morgan Whittaker on 14:34 - Sep 15 with 908 viewsjackrmee

Morgan Whittaker on 12:32 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

Funny though how many last season were calling for him to play more than Lowe who ended up our second highest socrer...mainly after coming off the bench and scoring against Man City...our previous manager whilst winning games got lots of stick for this and other selections yet our new manager is having excuses made whilst he is struggling for results

Last season Whittaker was terrible. I for one did not advocate for him to be even on the bench.
Personally, I thought we'd been sold a dud.

He's bulked up a bit now and seems to have improved a fair bit since last season.
I still don't think he's ready for our first team. Get him out on loan.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Morgan Whittaker on 16:55 - Sep 15 with 856 viewsRock

Morgan Whittaker on 10:16 - Sep 15 by jackrmee

No argument there.

Agreed, I’m a bit conflicted on this too, Jackrmee.

For me, Whittaker has far more talent than Cullen and is a much better prospect long-term. He was once a much-heralded player coming out of Derby’s academy and scored a lot of goals there at youth level. We have already seen a bit of that ourselves, the kid’s clearly got a lot of ability. His underlying numbers are actually quite good, especially for his age, but he drifts through games a bit and blows hot and cold. Natural at his age, but still there either way. If I was picking the team, I would try to find a way to get him on the bench at least. But I am not, and I’m not a part of training or have access to what goes on behind closed doors at the club. Clearly there is something lacking.

The one thing I do know is that during the games Whittaker has a slight predilection for dribbling into double and triple coverage and turning possession over a little too easily. His tactical intelligence in-game is not the best, plays more like a street footballer than an academy kid. Cullen, on the other hand, may not have his skills but he keeps it simple and looks for the quick pass over take-ons. A tidy link player to knit the midfield with the attack is how it appears Martin is utilising him and I am assuming that comes from his ability in training. Whittaker is still a bit raw, same with Joseph, and that comes with their age and lack of playing time.

Before we brought in Obafemi and Ntcham I thought it would be best to keep both Whittaker and Joseph here, perhaps loan Cullen out as he really needs games at his age. Since then, I agree I think it would be best for them and our club for both to go on loan, play every week, build confidence and come back better all-around players. Neither of them have played professional football a whole lot, and it’s vital for their development. Joseph is already reaping the benefits of going out and Whittaker might be in the same position come January.

At this point, like you say I can’t see him getting in the XI over Piröe or Obafemi, they’re both currently far better players and fits for Martin’s system. I think they could function a bit like a budget Lukaku and Martinez tandem at Inter, playing off one another and giving us a multi-faceted dynamism at the top, they’ve got similar profiles as footballers. I’ve got full faith Martin will utilise them well, excited to see what happens this season.
Morgan Whittaker on 16:59 - Sep 15 with 846 viewsRock

Morgan Whittaker on 22:17 - Sep 13 by Badlands

Hoofball and coset Premier League team fans are hoping we fail.

Well said, Badlands.

The Cooper lovers are bending over backwards to castigate Martin at this point.

Strange logic, detached from reality.
Morgan Whittaker on 17:34 - Sep 17 with 719 viewsjackrmee

Morgan Whittaker on 16:55 - Sep 15 by Rock

Agreed, I’m a bit conflicted on this too, Jackrmee.

For me, Whittaker has far more talent than Cullen and is a much better prospect long-term. He was once a much-heralded player coming out of Derby’s academy and scored a lot of goals there at youth level. We have already seen a bit of that ourselves, the kid’s clearly got a lot of ability. His underlying numbers are actually quite good, especially for his age, but he drifts through games a bit and blows hot and cold. Natural at his age, but still there either way. If I was picking the team, I would try to find a way to get him on the bench at least. But I am not, and I’m not a part of training or have access to what goes on behind closed doors at the club. Clearly there is something lacking.

The one thing I do know is that during the games Whittaker has a slight predilection for dribbling into double and triple coverage and turning possession over a little too easily. His tactical intelligence in-game is not the best, plays more like a street footballer than an academy kid. Cullen, on the other hand, may not have his skills but he keeps it simple and looks for the quick pass over take-ons. A tidy link player to knit the midfield with the attack is how it appears Martin is utilising him and I am assuming that comes from his ability in training. Whittaker is still a bit raw, same with Joseph, and that comes with their age and lack of playing time.

Before we brought in Obafemi and Ntcham I thought it would be best to keep both Whittaker and Joseph here, perhaps loan Cullen out as he really needs games at his age. Since then, I agree I think it would be best for them and our club for both to go on loan, play every week, build confidence and come back better all-around players. Neither of them have played professional football a whole lot, and it’s vital for their development. Joseph is already reaping the benefits of going out and Whittaker might be in the same position come January.

At this point, like you say I can’t see him getting in the XI over Piröe or Obafemi, they’re both currently far better players and fits for Martin’s system. I think they could function a bit like a budget Lukaku and Martinez tandem at Inter, playing off one another and giving us a multi-faceted dynamism at the top, they’ve got similar profiles as footballers. I’ve got full faith Martin will utilise them well, excited to see what happens this season.

Very good post.
Poster of the year for me mate.
Fair, considerate, in-depth and concise. As are the majority of your posts. I look forward to more sense from you. Thanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Morgan Whittaker on 00:04 - Sep 22 with 567 viewsRock

Morgan Whittaker on 17:34 - Sep 17 by jackrmee

Very good post.
Poster of the year for me mate.
Fair, considerate, in-depth and concise. As are the majority of your posts. I look forward to more sense from you. Thanks.

Cheers, Jackrmee, likewise.

Keep up the good work yourself mate, you’re one of the best posters on here.
Morgan Whittaker on 00:40 - Sep 22 with 550 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Can I interrupt this circle jerk to point out some things that should be obvious to anyone who ever played to a decent level...

1 - Whittaker has good ability, a bit headless chicken, but has good skill, can beat a man, a decent amount of gas and scores goals.

2 - Patterson on the other hand is dog shite. Continually in the wrong position, a no. 10 who doesn't seem to understand where the 'hole' is. limp wristed dribbling, Plays football as if he has tiny testicles...too afraid to take his man on, doesn't back himself to play a killer ball, won't put a cross in, rarely shoots (and when he does shoot he mishits it...sometimes they go in, more by dumb luck than tidy technique)...no tracking back, powder puff tackling.
Just shite.

Walsh looked a good player, can't rely on him staying fit though. Ntcham has showed that he has some ability.

Whittaker should be getting minutes, either starting in place of Patterson or coming off the bench.

The fact that Martin is freezing this boy out when we can't seem to win a game of football at the moment is very worrying indeed.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Morgan Whittaker on 02:38 - Sep 22 with 530 viewsAndyCole

Morgan Whittaker on 00:40 - Sep 22 by Ajack_Kerouac

Can I interrupt this circle jerk to point out some things that should be obvious to anyone who ever played to a decent level...

1 - Whittaker has good ability, a bit headless chicken, but has good skill, can beat a man, a decent amount of gas and scores goals.

2 - Patterson on the other hand is dog shite. Continually in the wrong position, a no. 10 who doesn't seem to understand where the 'hole' is. limp wristed dribbling, Plays football as if he has tiny testicles...too afraid to take his man on, doesn't back himself to play a killer ball, won't put a cross in, rarely shoots (and when he does shoot he mishits it...sometimes they go in, more by dumb luck than tidy technique)...no tracking back, powder puff tackling.
Just shite.

Walsh looked a good player, can't rely on him staying fit though. Ntcham has showed that he has some ability.

Whittaker should be getting minutes, either starting in place of Patterson or coming off the bench.

The fact that Martin is freezing this boy out when we can't seem to win a game of football at the moment is very worrying indeed.

Well done AjK for cutting through all that dirge and analysis paralysis pasted from a textbook.

Whittaker is likely to get his moment to shine again, vs Brighton, and hopefully do a Piroe and prove the manager wrong.

If Martin is to impress his sponsors, the Jenkinistas, he needs to learn how to spot proper talent up top. As an ex defender he is clearly limited in his ability right now to sort our final third / two thirds.

Obafemi and Patterson highly unlikely to travel. Big opportunity for MW and LW.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Morgan Whittaker on 02:40 - Sep 22 with 531 viewsWalterBoyd

Morgan Whittaker on 02:38 - Sep 22 by AndyCole

Well done AjK for cutting through all that dirge and analysis paralysis pasted from a textbook.

Whittaker is likely to get his moment to shine again, vs Brighton, and hopefully do a Piroe and prove the manager wrong.

If Martin is to impress his sponsors, the Jenkinistas, he needs to learn how to spot proper talent up top. As an ex defender he is clearly limited in his ability right now to sort our final third / two thirds.

Obafemi and Patterson highly unlikely to travel. Big opportunity for MW and LW.

Explain Russ in cahoots ? Cheers
Morgan Whittaker on 10:09 - Sep 22 with 423 viewsBadlands

Not sure why Obafemi is being praised over and above Whittaker.
After getting his PL debut in Jan 2018 and having a good few games in senior football the season before last it appears he hasn't progressed.
In his games for us he's looked bright and busy but no more.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Morgan Whittaker on 10:20 - Sep 22 with 411 viewsonehunglow

Morgan Whittaker on 02:40 - Sep 22 by WalterBoyd

Explain Russ in cahoots ? Cheers

I speak cahoots and Portuguese Walt -if your're not ignoring me.

It means AC ,like keo and I are staggered ,annoyed and upset as to why young Whittaker is being treated like this. He has scored against Man City and a got a hat trick -this is summat Pateson couldnt do,.Grimes cant hit a barn door with a banjo.

Care to explain in cahoots or Cymraeg as to why you are prepared to put our club's life into Martin's hands

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024