Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? 20:45 - Sep 23 with 2585 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am an old fashioned sort of bloke. In last Saturday's game one Swansea player was assaulted by a Luton player and lucky not to have been injured and another Swansea player was racially abused by a fan of Luton.

Could the two event be in some way related in the sense that unreasonable behaviour was encouraged? The fan might assume if Lansbury can flatten a Welsh teams player from behind with minimal comeback then a fan might also have some latitude . It might have appeared to a twisted soul open house especially after a spell of sheep themed chanting perhaps.?

Fake protestation of zero tolerance are not good enough in my book. Nathan Jones even disputes that Lansbury should have been booked for events after what I regard as a non foul by Manning.

This is substandard behaviour. Is abuse of Swansea players is more common than in any other team?. Is this a coincidence that Swansea are one of only three non English sides in the league? Swansea fans are know for their tolerance of what the South wales constabulary regard as anti Welsh racially aggravated abuse.

Could Mr Winter write a stiff letter to David Wilkinson for an explanation and an apology?

Some challenging concepts here folks. I do a lot of thinking in the shed above Resolven after collecting wood etc.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 591 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:01 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I told you it had some challenging uncomfortable concepts.

Let me know when they begin.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:46 - Sep 24 with 574 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:03 - Sep 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Let me know when they begin.

Here you go Dr P. Could the anti Welsh atmosphere associated with hostile insulting chanting (notionally racist chanting) be related to other discriminatory incidents.

a) Was the general and later racist abuse given to Rhys Williiams (who incidentally has a Welsh name) related to him playing for Welsh team.

b) Was the abuse given to Dhanda in any way related to the fact he plays for a Welsh team. Were certain anti Welsh themes part of the insult to Dhanda?

c) Are Black and Asians players more likely to be abused playing for Swansea than other clubs.

d) Did the outrageous Lansbury assault (not a foul) contribute to the hateful violent atmosphere?

Four Swansea players abused this season alone. Unprecedented.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:54 - Sep 24 with 569 viewsangryjack

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 14:52 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Without doubt Winter should be asking for an explanation why a Luton Town player was allowed to assault a Swansea player from behind after minimal provocation and why Luton stewards allowed the targeting of one of Swansea's young black players leading to racial abuse.

Four yes four of Swansea's black and Asian player have now been abused three by English people and once by a Mexican. This is unprecedented for Swansea. Why is it happening to Swansea is a legitimate question. Could it be the racially charged atmosphere associated with Swansea City games get out of hand? The only people you can racially abuse and kick up the ar*e with no comebacks.

Four Swansea black and Asian players abused in the last 6 month or so. Yeah funny place Resolven.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 14:53]

The only person that can answer that is lansbury himself.and these things happen on a pitch nothing to do that manning was Irish playing for a welsh team...get a grip ffs
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:55 - Sep 24 with 555 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:46 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Here you go Dr P. Could the anti Welsh atmosphere associated with hostile insulting chanting (notionally racist chanting) be related to other discriminatory incidents.

a) Was the general and later racist abuse given to Rhys Williiams (who incidentally has a Welsh name) related to him playing for Welsh team.

b) Was the abuse given to Dhanda in any way related to the fact he plays for a Welsh team. Were certain anti Welsh themes part of the insult to Dhanda?

c) Are Black and Asians players more likely to be abused playing for Swansea than other clubs.

d) Did the outrageous Lansbury assault (not a foul) contribute to the hateful violent atmosphere?

What was the comment that was made? Who made it? How many made it? You said it was racially charged atmosphere so I am assuming you know what was said and the general amount of people that contributed.

Because unless you know what was said then it’s hard to determine motive. I would say it’s extremely unlikely that a Liverpool player was abused because his surname was “Williams”.

I find your jumping and your assumptions unbelievably wild. But they always have been haven’t they.

I think you are doing it intentionally, which is a great shame.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 17:12 - Sep 24 with 530 viewsonehunglow

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 15:46 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Why do we sing the Welsh national anthem and "hate the english" when we are happy to play in the English league system.

Youd rather play at Flint FFlint Town. You could spend the weekend in Liverpool and travel for the game. Personally,Id rather watch the team at Anfield or Goodison.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:19 - Sep 25 with 469 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 17:12 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Why do we sing the Welsh national anthem and "hate the english" when we are happy to play in the English league system.

Youd rather play at Flint FFlint Town. You could spend the weekend in Liverpool and travel for the game. Personally,Id rather watch the team at Anfield or Goodison.

I would rather not be racially abused at football matches by English people. i am suggesting there may be a link between anti Welsh abuse and anti black and anti Asian abuse. They come from the same toxic mentality.

I want Swansea in the EFL or Premier leagues and respected. Not abused and mistreated both physically and mentally as at Luton where a Swansea player was assaulted a referee intimidated and a another young Swansea player racially abused, the fourth this season.

No news from the EFL?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:29 - Sep 25 with 454 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:19 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

I would rather not be racially abused at football matches by English people. i am suggesting there may be a link between anti Welsh abuse and anti black and anti Asian abuse. They come from the same toxic mentality.

I want Swansea in the EFL or Premier leagues and respected. Not abused and mistreated both physically and mentally as at Luton where a Swansea player was assaulted a referee intimidated and a another young Swansea player racially abused, the fourth this season.

No news from the EFL?

I saw this the other day.

Whether it’s correct or not, I hadn’t considered. But I will certainly be giving it some thought..

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:52 - Sep 25 with 460 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:29 - Sep 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I saw this the other day.

Whether it’s correct or not, I hadn’t considered. But I will certainly be giving it some thought..

You have to be some sort of oddball not to be offended by an aggressive English toxic fruitcake (when I was accompanied by women and children) shouting 'Welsh sheep shagger'.

Login to get fewer ads

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:56 - Sep 25 with 460 viewsWalterBoyd

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:19 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

No news from the EFL?

You do know that Swans fans sing " sheep s#$#@#$ing barstewards, we know what we are"

And " we sh## them you eat them "

And "always $#%×" on the English side of the bridge .

And a fair few of our fans are English or live in England.
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:03 - Sep 25 with 455 viewsWalterBoyd

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:56 - Sep 25 by WalterBoyd

You do know that Swans fans sing " sheep s#$#@#$ing barstewards, we know what we are"

Sam Hammam song

Kevin Austin song

Racial stereotyping.

I have heard racial slurs from Swans fans at Liberty stadium.

Every team, City, village has it.
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:23 - Sep 25 with 441 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:52 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

You have to be some sort of oddball not to be offended by an aggressive English toxic fruitcake (when I was accompanied by women and children) shouting 'Welsh sheep shagger'.

What does being accompanied by women have to do with anything?

This isn’t the 1940’s, I am sure a woman can handle the word “shagger” at a football match. Do you tell them not to expose their shoulders too?

I would have laughed at him. Try it next time.

Failing that, maybe contact the club and ask to tracking him down for an apology letter. Tell them to save on paper they can add apologies in for any fouls that took place during the game too.

Maybe if you print out a load, you can deliver them after each game. You may be onto something here.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 2:25]

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:24 - Sep 25 with 444 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 01:56 - Sep 25 by WalterBoyd

Its about racist taunts not necessarily English or Welsh. Advising where to go to the toilet for number 2's is puerile but not racist and a response to racial abuse. (notionally "giving it back in good measure")

It is possible to use racially aggravated terms on our selves. Its racist behaviour. If you do this, you are in the same boat as the kid from Luton who abused Rhys Williams. It is the same concept. If sheep humour is banter and mildly amusing then so is monkey taunts (in the eyes of the law). Both taunts have seen convictions.

What i cannot stand is the hypocrisy of fans on here and the sneering contempt for east Europeans. We do the same and should clean up our own act before lecturing others. Gareth Southgate was pretty clued up on this recently. I am anti English racists not anti English.

Swansea fans engaging in this 'so called' banter are part of the problem of racist abuse. It is little wonder to me that teenagers are falling foul of the law . No one told them that only Welsh people can get it without a conviction. Perhaps the green kid in Dartford thought Dhanda was Welsh. Get my drift? .

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:38 - Sep 25 with 441 viewsWalterBoyd

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:24 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

Its about racist taunts not necessarily English or Welsh. Advising where to go to the toilet for number 2's is puerile but not racist and a response to racial abuse. (notionally "giving it back in good measure")

It is possible to use racially aggravated terms on our selves. Its racist behaviour. If you do this, you are in the same boat as the kid from Luton who abused Rhys Williams. It is the same concept. If sheep humour is banter and mildly amusing then so is monkey taunts (in the eyes of the law). Both taunts have seen convictions.

What i cannot stand is the hypocrisy of fans on here and the sneering contempt for east Europeans. We do the same and should clean up our own act before lecturing others. Gareth Southgate was pretty clued up on this recently. I am anti English racists not anti English.

Swansea fans engaging in this 'so called' banter are part of the problem of racist abuse. It is little wonder to me that teenagers are falling foul of the law . No one told them that only Welsh people can get it without a conviction. Perhaps the green kid in Dartford thought Dhanda was Welsh. Get my drift? .

You think sheep humour same as monkey taunts ?

Really ?

Swans fans use sheep humour all the time.

Not heard the other humour. Dont find it in any way funny.
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 07:35 - Sep 25 with 404 viewsSirjohnalot

Luton have apologised for the disgusting racist language used and a man has been interviewed by the police. If proven, he will be banned for life.

Re the anti Welsh chants, every game I go to, I hear the ‘anti English’ chants. (Both are pathetic in my opinion) Should we apologise to every English team we play ? Course not. It’s nonsense, pathetic, but nonsense. I get the sheep shagger jokes from my English mates, it’s not racism it’s them taking the mick.

Can’t compare chants about sheep or or ‘typical English cheating ‘ to what Rhys Williams heard, entirely different context. (I’m fully aware of the court case involving a Welsh copper, I know it’s theoretically possible)

If someone were to scream ‘ you f… sheep shagger’ at you, in an aggressive way, that would be a reasonable offence.

As for apologising for the foil. Course not, he should’ve been sent off but reverse the roles and wonder what would we have been saying ? Probably exactly the same about wasting time
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:46 - Sep 25 with 396 viewsonehunglow

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:30 - Sep 24 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not accept being called a 'snowflake' or a 'sheepshagger'. I am a normal citizen. Where safe, I will pull up any English person (with care and respect) who calls me this and explain to them i consider it "low level " racism which in exceptional circumstances has led to convictions and fines. The crime is also punishable by a custodial sentence.

I look at things holistically and consider Luton guilty of the following .

a) Racial discrimination of the Welsh clubs tallest black player.
b) Targeted general abuse of the Welsh clubs tallest black player. (inadequate stewarding)
c) Racially aggravated chanting on the sheep theme.
d) A cowardly assault from behind of the Welsh clubs Irish defender that was not sanctioned.
e) Intimidation of a referee out of his depth.

Swansea city deserve an apology from Luton.

Quiz question. What town was the English Defence League formed in? Have a guess.

Cymru am byth.

"Normal".There you go.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:50 - Sep 25 with 395 viewsangryjack

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:46 - Sep 25 by onehunglow

"Normal".There you go.

He's a bit deep ain't he..strange
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:55 - Sep 25 with 383 viewsonehunglow

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 02:24 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

If you cannot differentiate the seething racist hatred of Hungarians,Serbs,Czechs,Bulgarians,Romanians etc with what fellow members of the United Kingdom chuck ground then you are truly in a mess.
Their hate goes back centuries .

You really do live in a narrow valley

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:56 - Sep 25 with 386 viewsangryjack

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 07:35 - Sep 25 by Sirjohnalot

Luton have apologised for the disgusting racist language used and a man has been interviewed by the police. If proven, he will be banned for life.

Re the anti Welsh chants, every game I go to, I hear the ‘anti English’ chants. (Both are pathetic in my opinion) Should we apologise to every English team we play ? Course not. It’s nonsense, pathetic, but nonsense. I get the sheep shagger jokes from my English mates, it’s not racism it’s them taking the mick.

Can’t compare chants about sheep or or ‘typical English cheating ‘ to what Rhys Williams heard, entirely different context. (I’m fully aware of the court case involving a Welsh copper, I know it’s theoretically possible)

If someone were to scream ‘ you f… sheep shagger’ at you, in an aggressive way, that would be a reasonable offence.

As for apologising for the foil. Course not, he should’ve been sent off but reverse the roles and wonder what would we have been saying ? Probably exactly the same about wasting time

Exactly it's football these things go on in games,can't go around e mauling every club saying sorry one our players went in a bit high today,hope your player don't or hasn't been upset by the challenge,and to say it was his fault the racist comments started,resolven must be really sensitive bloke if he gets offended by bad tackles and needs apologies for most things,,perhaps he was left alone too long as a child..
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 09:47 - Sep 25 with 364 viewsGwyn737

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:56 - Sep 24 by Dr_Parnassus

Next we will be asking for an apology if we get fouled by a German team because the Nazi party was started there.

This thread

This is without doubt the most bizarre thread I’ve ever read on here.

Taking my boy to football in a bit. He’ll be the only Welsh player on the field. I do hope he’s not pinged for a foul throw due to racial profiling 🤣

(Nothing to worry about Resolven, he’s not racially Welsh according to you definition so it’ll be ok)
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 11:58 - Sep 25 with 333 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 08:56 - Sep 25 by angryjack

Exactly it's football these things go on in games,can't go around e mauling every club saying sorry one our players went in a bit high today,hope your player don't or hasn't been upset by the challenge,and to say it was his fault the racist comments started,resolven must be really sensitive bloke if he gets offended by bad tackles and needs apologies for most things,,perhaps he was left alone too long as a child..

The ball was not "in play". it was not a foul or a bad tackle. I am not upset at the tackle but am upset at the referee. When something bizarre or surreal happens there are often external reasons for things happening or not happening.

You only need t look at the Swansea City facebook page to know what I am talking about.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:21 - Sep 25 with 319 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 07:35 - Sep 25 by Sirjohnalot

You say I cannot compare chants about sheep to what Rhys Williams heard. I can and I will. Sheep for me is offensive (very offensive) especially in the presence of my family, monkey taunts are offensive to Rhys. Many do not find it Sheep offensive. Some black people do not find monkey taunts offensive.

Dhanda and Whittaker were also shaken up. Welcome to Wales lads you are going to get animal taunts you do not get in Birmingham, Derby or Liverpool. Cabango on the other hand is Welsh and brushed it off. Do you see my point? Four examples of racist abuse for Swansea player is unprecedented. No one is telling Dhanda/ Williams to get used to it and have a little giggle over it.

Sheep abuse convictions are not 'theoretically possible' they have happened pressed by white skinned Welsh people in uniforms. Most fans on here do not find it offensive but the law enforcers do and so do I. Its the law that counts and it is an option of people with clout and self respect.

When 200 Millwall fans shouted sheep abuse at the Swansea team bus do you think they did not deliver it with aggression. You bet they did. No better than the Hungarians.

Alf Garnet was funny 30 years ago. 'Ain't arf hot Mum' was funnier, but you do not see them today. There is a clip of Geoff Hurst using the N word n youtube. Times change.

If you want to stop you mates calling you a sheep shagger then tell them its racist and it ends. I have done this 5 or 6 times. They may of course be clients your boss or colleagues. If you handle it in an caring and logical way you will have no problems.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:19 - Sep 25 with 302 viewsSirjohnalot

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 12:21 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

You say I cannot compare chants about sheep to what Rhys Williams heard. I can and I will. Sheep for me is offensive (very offensive) especially in the presence of my family, monkey taunts are offensive to Rhys. Many do not find it Sheep offensive. Some black people do not find monkey taunts offensive.

Dhanda and Whittaker were also shaken up. Welcome to Wales lads you are going to get animal taunts you do not get in Birmingham, Derby or Liverpool. Cabango on the other hand is Welsh and brushed it off. Do you see my point? Four examples of racist abuse for Swansea player is unprecedented. No one is telling Dhanda/ Williams to get used to it and have a little giggle over it.

Sheep abuse convictions are not 'theoretically possible' they have happened pressed by white skinned Welsh people in uniforms. Most fans on here do not find it offensive but the law enforcers do and so do I. Its the law that counts and it is an option of people with clout and self respect.

When 200 Millwall fans shouted sheep abuse at the Swansea team bus do you think they did not deliver it with aggression. You bet they did. No better than the Hungarians.

Alf Garnet was funny 30 years ago. 'Ain't arf hot Mum' was funnier, but you do not see them today. There is a clip of Geoff Hurst using the N word n youtube. Times change.

If you want to stop you mates calling you a sheep shagger then tell them its racist and it ends. I have done this 5 or 6 times. They may of course be clients your boss or colleagues. If you handle it in an caring and logical way you will have no problems.

Thank you for the considered reply, I don’t agree, but I fully respect your stance. Here’s hoping for three points. Be good to meet up over a brew one day.

Enjoy the match if you’re there
Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:28 - Sep 25 with 296 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 11:58 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The ball was not "in play". it was not a foul or a bad tackle. I am not upset at the tackle but am upset at the referee. When something bizarre or surreal happens there are often external reasons for things happening or not happening.

You only need t look at the Swansea City facebook page to know what I am talking about.

Did Walter Boyd ever get arrested for assault after he elbowed someone off the ball before the ball was in play? Was it Hull?

Probably race related, you reckon? Revenge attack by association maybe, from centuries ago?

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:52 - Sep 25 with 282 viewsReslovenSwan1

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:28 - Sep 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Did Walter Boyd ever get arrested for assault after he elbowed someone off the ball before the ball was in play? Was it Hull?

Probably race related, you reckon? Revenge attack by association maybe, from centuries ago?

The Lansbury incident was not race related but was a cowardly attack from behind that deserved a red card. The card was not shown for reasons best known the the referee who may have been intimidated by overly aggressive fans and players. One fan has been helping the police with their enquires for illegal taunting.

One young Swansea player on loan from Liverpool lost his form after being allegedly abused with what was probably animal related abuse he was not used to and was withdrawn. He was replaced by young Welsh player who was used to animal related racial abuse and coped much better.

Three of Swansea s young black and Asian players have suffered probable animal related racial abuse playing for a Welsh team they have not suffered from before for clubs in Birmingham Liverpool and Derby. The approach to racism by Swansea fans and the club is in my view excessively tolerant holistically. This is reflected by comments by Anglophones on this thread. Vile abuse by English fans baying sheep noises is banter but Hungarians fans making monkey noises are absolute scum. It will not wash.

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:59 - Sep 25 with 277 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do Luton Town owe Swansea city an apology.? on 13:52 - Sep 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The Lansbury incident was not race related but was a cowardly attack from behind that deserved a red card. The card was not shown for reasons best known the the referee who may have been intimidated by overly aggressive fans and players. One fan has been helping the police with their enquires for illegal taunting.

One young Swansea player on loan from Liverpool lost his form after being allegedly abused with what was probably animal related abuse he was not used to and was withdrawn. He was replaced by young Welsh player who was used to animal related racial abuse and coped much better.

Three of Swansea s young black and Asian players have suffered probable animal related racial abuse playing for a Welsh team they have not suffered from before for clubs in Birmingham Liverpool and Derby. The approach to racism by Swansea fans and the club is in my view excessively tolerant holistically. This is reflected by comments by Anglophones on this thread. Vile abuse by English fans baying sheep noises is banter but Hungarians fans making monkey noises are absolute scum. It will not wash.

Were the fans overly aggressive then? Did you go? Who was being aggressive and in what way?

One person appears to have said something unacceptable.

Seems like you are creating your own version of reality.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024