Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If not when, when not if. ? 13:06 - Oct 14 with 4779 viewsReslovenSwan1

Some issues from the recent forum.

The legal case : "If not when".

Silverstein's investment "When not if".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58902833

Wise sage since Toshack era

If not when, when not if. ? on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 2080 viewsCatullus

Taking Winter's words at face value, Silversteins investment isn't an issue. If he converts and becomes more involved it seems good to me. That he is more willing to engage with the fans can only be good.

The legal case is an issue to me. I believe they are in the right to chase the previous owners but at the same time, could it prove an unwelcome distraction for the club?

Sometimes you just have to let things go, being right is one thing, doing the best thing for our club is what counts.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If not when, when not if. ? on 13:48 - Oct 14 with 2061 viewsThornburyswan

From memory when JS put his £5M into the club it was matched by the current American owners so I would presume both £5M loans will convert which will lead to dilution for all other shareholders - the Trust & the remaining sellout shareholders.

Good from a debt perspective for the club clearly, the rest is more complex & possibly more emotive.
If not when, when not if. ? on 16:29 - Oct 14 with 2007 viewsCatullus

If not when, when not if. ? on 13:48 - Oct 14 by Thornburyswan

From memory when JS put his £5M into the club it was matched by the current American owners so I would presume both £5M loans will convert which will lead to dilution for all other shareholders - the Trust & the remaining sellout shareholders.

Good from a debt perspective for the club clearly, the rest is more complex & possibly more emotive.

From a debt perspective it was brilliant to see Winters words, that the club are debt free. That in itself gives us an advantage over several other clubs in this division. Maybe come January we actually will sign a few more decent players.
If (as Martin claimed) agents are contacting us because their clients really fancy coming here, we could bag a few bargains maybe? If the club they are at are in debt we might grab a few deals that are better than they would have been 2 years ago.

The court case, it does to me look more like an unwelcome distraction now. Even if the Trust win, if Siverstein and the current owners convert debt to equity, will it affect anythig the trust win? Unless the Trust get a cash settlement I don't think there is a win in this now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If not when, when not if. ? on 16:30 - Oct 14 with 2007 viewsChief

Well when Silverstein initially put his loan in it was under the proviso that it would probably get converted to equity at some point. A year on that hasn't happened. So no change.

The trust in their very recent update to members stated the paperwork is still being prepared so that is still currently very much happening.

So there's nothing new to see here is there?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

If not when, when not if. ? on 16:45 - Oct 14 with 1995 viewspencoedjack

If not when, when not if. ? on 13:22 - Oct 14 by Catullus

Taking Winter's words at face value, Silversteins investment isn't an issue. If he converts and becomes more involved it seems good to me. That he is more willing to engage with the fans can only be good.

The legal case is an issue to me. I believe they are in the right to chase the previous owners but at the same time, could it prove an unwelcome distraction for the club?

Sometimes you just have to let things go, being right is one thing, doing the best thing for our club is what counts.

I'm no expert in these matters but surely we must be an attractive proposition for anyone looking to buy a football club.

Can't imagine too many football clubs being debt free at the moment, obviously the court case would effect any sale.

For all his faults Mike Ashley apparently left Newcastle in a very healthy position which is why (amongst other reasons) they were taken over by the Saudi's.
If not when, when not if. ? on 17:37 - Oct 14 with 1966 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 16:45 - Oct 14 by pencoedjack

I'm no expert in these matters but surely we must be an attractive proposition for anyone looking to buy a football club.

Can't imagine too many football clubs being debt free at the moment, obviously the court case would effect any sale.

For all his faults Mike Ashley apparently left Newcastle in a very healthy position which is why (amongst other reasons) they were taken over by the Saudi's.

But who's going to pay what the Americans want? As it stands their shares are worth less than what they paid and they're another 5mill in on top of that. Would they take a loss? Doubt it.

And I don't know why people are saying the club is debt free. The club owes party's at least 10mill that we know of.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 17:49]

If not when, when not if. ? on 17:55 - Oct 14 with 1946 viewsChief

And to the OP would you like to quote accurately what the trust stated about the status of their case please?

And also accurately state what Winter (a 3rd party by way) said regarding the Silverstein's conversion please?

Is your OP an attempt to frame Silverstein's conversion as being nailed on, but the court case not being as likely to go ahead or something?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 18:20]

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:15 - Oct 14 with 1925 viewsBillyChong

If not when, when not if. ? on 17:55 - Oct 14 by Chief

And to the OP would you like to quote accurately what the trust stated about the status of their case please?

And also accurately state what Winter (a 3rd party by way) said regarding the Silverstein's conversion please?

Is your OP an attempt to frame Silverstein's conversion as being nailed on, but the court case not being as likely to go ahead or something?
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 18:20]

Well Sinnett again confirmed that the case is against the former owners so failing to see how much of a distraction the case is for the club
Login to get fewer ads

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:18 - Oct 14 with 1921 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:15 - Oct 14 by BillyChong

Well Sinnett again confirmed that the case is against the former owners so failing to see how much of a distraction the case is for the club

Yea same here and the current owners never come to games anyway so struggling to see that.

We have a full time CEO in Winter and a hands-on additional board member in Silverstein who's not involved in any action so it should be business as usual.

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:21 - Oct 14 with 1916 viewsBillyChong

If not when, when not if. ? on 17:37 - Oct 14 by Chief

But who's going to pay what the Americans want? As it stands their shares are worth less than what they paid and they're another 5mill in on top of that. Would they take a loss? Doubt it.

And I don't know why people are saying the club is debt free. The club owes party's at least 10mill that we know of.

Yes the debt free bit isn’t completely accurate at the moment either is it. Is Sinnett describing Mr Silverstein as ‘very convincing’ a bit tongue in cheek?
If not when, when not if. ? on 18:28 - Oct 14 with 1910 viewsKeithHaynes

If not when, when not if. ? on 17:37 - Oct 14 by Chief

Which is not a lot of cash overall. Especially when it’s been loaned to the club by an interested investor, and not by way of a bank loan etc. He is transparent and available to talk about his investment, far better for me than anything else.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:38 - Oct 14 with 1904 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:28 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

Which is not a lot of cash overall. Especially when it’s been loaned to the club by an interested investor, and not by way of a bank loan etc. He is transparent and available to talk about his investment, far better for me than anything else.

I disagree, to a championship club who isn't receiving parachute payments I'd say it's a hefty amount to repay with interest on top. It roughly equals the club's while permanent transfer outlay for the last 4 years.

Yes I'm not casting any aspersions on Silverstein himself, the trust who have first hand dealings with him have been complimentary on his involvement.

However it's been a year, I don't know the reasons why it hasn't been converted yet, but I hazard a guess that it would have been had we won the play off final!

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:42 - Oct 14 with 1899 viewsKeithHaynes

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:38 - Oct 14 by Chief

I disagree, to a championship club who isn't receiving parachute payments I'd say it's a hefty amount to repay with interest on top. It roughly equals the club's while permanent transfer outlay for the last 4 years.

Yes I'm not casting any aspersions on Silverstein himself, the trust who have first hand dealings with him have been complimentary on his involvement.

However it's been a year, I don't know the reasons why it hasn't been converted yet, but I hazard a guess that it would have been had we won the play off final!

Which tells me mate he’s not desperate to cash in, and remains open and transparent.

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:44 - Oct 14 with 1896 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:42 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

Which tells me mate he’s not desperate to cash in, and remains open and transparent.

Yes, now we're still a championship side he isn't desperate to buy shares aye!

Has he given a reason why he hasn't converted then? How open and honest is he? When did he last provide a public statement?

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:00 - Oct 14 with 1875 viewsKeithHaynes

If not when, when not if. ? on 18:44 - Oct 14 by Chief

Yes, now we're still a championship side he isn't desperate to buy shares aye!

Has he given a reason why he hasn't converted then? How open and honest is he? When did he last provide a public statement?

This week ?
Unless Winter is lying ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:24 - Oct 14 with 1842 viewsmax936

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:00 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

This week ?
Unless Winter is lying ?

I don't trust a word Winters says, let alone Silverstein's words.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:28 - Oct 14 with 1837 viewsKeithHaynes

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:24 - Oct 14 by max936

I don't trust a word Winters says, let alone Silverstein's words.

It would be an interesting conversation if we could point to when either has said anything that’s construed as a falsehood.

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:32 - Oct 14 with 1829 viewsmax936

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:28 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

It would be an interesting conversation if we could point to when either has said anything that’s construed as a falsehood.

It would yes.

As an aside a Koi Dealer suggested I had trust issues

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:34 - Oct 14 with 1819 viewsDr_Winston

Yup. Cynicism often trumps comprehension.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:36 - Oct 14 with 1826 viewsChippy69

Bring back Doug sharp i say. Hard grip on the purse strings but at least we knew were we stood
All we have had since are fecking vultures

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:37 - Oct 14 with 1825 viewsKeithHaynes

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:32 - Oct 14 by max936

It would yes.

As an aside a Koi Dealer suggested I had trust issues

Trust is everything. But mate we need to back up allegations of mistrust. If there were any I would be all over them in a shot. Websites like this can seriously determine their future.

This ain’t no Silver Shield.

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:47 - Oct 14 with 1800 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:00 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

This week ?
Unless Winter is lying ?

Well that's just Winter saying what he thinks is going to happen. Not sure how that specifically means that Silverstein is open and honest. Especially when Winter's not really even told us anything new there has he?

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:48 - Oct 14 with 1798 viewsChief

Well in this very statement Winter states the club is debt free.

That's factually not true is it?

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:51 - Oct 14 with 1793 viewsmax936

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:37 - Oct 14 by KeithHaynes

Trust is everything. But mate we need to back up allegations of mistrust. If there were any I would be all over them in a shot. Websites like this can seriously determine their future.

This ain’t no Silver Shield.

I just don't trust them, I've no allegations to make, call it my gut feeling.

If not when, when not if. ? on 20:13 - Oct 14 with 1777 viewsChief

If not when, when not if. ? on 19:51 - Oct 14 by max936

I just don't trust them, I've no allegations to make, call it my gut feeling.

I'll question anyone and everyone wanting to buy the club or loan the club money. He talks a good, although I can't be the only one wondering why a year on he hasn't converted yet? If he's 'open and honest' why wouldn't he explain the delay?

I do find the 'Welsh link' intriguing. It's always ambiguously put like that with no further details or . If he had family from Swansea or had family from even South West Wales they'd have announced it. If I had to guess he has some Welsh heritage (could even be from Cardiff way?), But it played absolutely no bearing in his choice to loan in at all. Just an attempt to appease the fans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024