Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alec Baldwin 19:43 - Oct 25 with 2791 viewsbritferry

surprised we don't have a thread on the terrible incident of him killing Halyna Hutchins on the set of a film

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Alec Baldwin on 22:51 - Oct 25 with 2108 viewsKeithHaynes

We have 👍👏

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Alec Baldwin on 23:27 - Oct 25 with 2094 viewsbritferry

Alec Baldwin on 22:51 - Oct 25 by KeithHaynes

We have 👍👏

where?

Alec Baldwin on 00:21 - Oct 26 with 2068 viewsdizietsma

I don't know where the thread is either. I've looked and looked and I keep drawing a blank.
Alec Baldwin on 00:30 - Oct 26 with 2063 viewsKeithHaynes

Alec Baldwin on 00:21 - Oct 26 by dizietsma

I don't know where the thread is either. I've looked and looked and I keep drawing a blank.

Ah, it’s maybe not here. Ok, it’s here cheers to the op, good move. Guns eh ?
This is now the Alex Baldwin thread. Official.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Alec Baldwin on 07:50 - Oct 26 with 1997 viewsRonaldStump

Apparently in the middle of doing some expose documentary on noncery in Hollywood and child trafficking which would have implicated the Clintons.

(He She Him)

Alec Baldwin on 09:19 - Oct 26 with 1968 viewsCatullus

How bad would you feel, what a tarrible accident. Somebody will end up in court for it but it won't be Baldwin, rightly so too.

Americans often say guns don't kill people, people kill people but Baldwin wasn't trying to kill anyone.

What a tragedy.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alec Baldwin on 09:35 - Oct 26 with 1953 viewsonehunglow

Alec Baldwin on 09:19 - Oct 26 by Catullus

How bad would you feel, what a tarrible accident. Somebody will end up in court for it but it won't be Baldwin, rightly so too.

Americans often say guns don't kill people, people kill people but Baldwin wasn't trying to kill anyone.

What a tragedy.

Some nonentity apparently saying it was" poetic justice "

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Alec Baldwin on 14:51 - Oct 26 with 1897 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Alec Baldwin on 07:50 - Oct 26 by RonaldStump

Apparently in the middle of doing some expose documentary on noncery in Hollywood and child trafficking which would have implicated the Clintons.

Wouldn’t be that difficult for them to get a different presenter. Hell they could even just get another Baldwin. There’s about 15 of them sitting around doing bugger all these days.
Login to get fewer ads

Alec Baldwin on 18:18 - Oct 26 with 1863 viewsbritferry

I don't understand why the hell they needed a real gun on a film set in this day and age?

They made Star Wars back in the 70s, with light sabres and blasters, we all believed they were real, so why cant they do the same now?

Alec Baldwin on 22:17 - Oct 26 with 1834 viewscontroversial_jack

Alec Baldwin on 18:18 - Oct 26 by britferry

I don't understand why the hell they needed a real gun on a film set in this day and age?

They made Star Wars back in the 70s, with light sabres and blasters, we all believed they were real, so why cant they do the same now?

Exactly! Where was their health and safety? Don't they have any procedures or standing instructions?
Alec Baldwin on 22:53 - Oct 26 with 1820 viewsMinesapint

The whole thing is bizarre and tragic.

Hard to understand how it was even possible. It almost feels like the subject of a whodunnit film with someone switching the blanks.

Heartbreaking for the people involved but will be interesting to hear how the hell it happened.
Alec Baldwin on 00:18 - Oct 27 with 1788 viewsWalterBoyd

Alec may never get over this, which would be a horrible way for a career to end.
Alec Baldwin on 00:19 - Oct 27 with 1788 viewstheloneranger

The same thing happened to Bruce Lee's son, Brandon Lee, who was shot and died on the film set of "The Crow"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Alec Baldwin on 09:37 - Oct 27 with 1737 viewsbritferry

Unbelievable

Criminal charges ARE on the table in Alec Baldwin shooting case, say prosecutors - as it emerges crew were using actor's gun to shoot cans with live ammo just HOURS before tragic death on set

Alec Baldwin on 11:44 - Oct 27 with 1699 viewsKeithHaynes

Alec Baldwin on 09:37 - Oct 27 by britferry

Unbelievable

Criminal charges ARE on the table in Alec Baldwin shooting case, say prosecutors - as it emerges crew were using actor's gun to shoot cans with live ammo just HOURS before tragic death on set

It was his production company etc, if it was here it would most certainly be a consideration for corporate manslaughter. Any failings discovered in the inquiry in the investigation there will ruin him.

Alec Baldwin on 11:53 - Oct 27 with 1691 viewsLohengrin

Alec Baldwin on 00:18 - Oct 27 by WalterBoyd

Alec may never get over this, which would be a horrible way for a career to end.

At least he went out with a bang!

I know, I know. I’ll get my coat...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Alec Baldwin on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 1687 viewsLohengrin

Alec Baldwin on 11:44 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

It was his production company etc, if it was here it would most certainly be a consideration for corporate manslaughter. Any failings discovered in the inquiry in the investigation there will ruin him.

No doubt there too, Keith. No matter what individual failings there would have been, and you’d have to suppose they were innumerable, the buck ultimately stops at the top.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Alec Baldwin on 14:36 - Oct 27 with 1658 viewsCatullus

Turns out the site armourer has been criticised before.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rust-armourer-alec-baldwin-hal

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Alec Baldwin on 14:49 - Oct 27 with 1652 viewscontroversial_jack

The company would ultimately be responsible. If they didn't have safety procedures etc, then they would be liable not the employee.
Alec Baldwin on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 1596 viewsKeithHaynes

Alec Baldwin on 14:49 - Oct 27 by controversial_jack

The company would ultimately be responsible. If they didn't have safety procedures etc, then they would be liable not the employee.

Bakdwin is the company.
Hence my point.

Alec Baldwin on 00:05 - Oct 28 with 1583 viewscontroversial_jack

Alec Baldwin on 23:41 - Oct 27 by KeithHaynes

Bakdwin is the company.
Hence my point.

The company name itself would be responsible, not necessary an individual, unless a criminal act, or gross negligence had occurred rather than an accident. I'm not sure how it works in the US, i'm sure they must have an equivalent of HSE. Vicarious liability, etc.
Alec Baldwin on 00:15 - Oct 28 with 1583 viewsBarrySwan

Must confess during my starring role as prison guard number 3 in the BBC mini series blockbuster Decline and Fall alongside my co stars Eva Longoria and Stephen Graham the armourer was on set throughout in charge of the prison guard Lee Enfield rifles used during filming.

Every time he handed one out he cleared and opened the breech before releasing the spring so that each actor or supporting artiste could peer down the barrel and all associated parts of the rifle to ensure that they were totally clear and empty and each Actor / SA would have to say "clear" before accepting the rifle to show that they were satisfied that the rifle was in fact clear and empty.

And when returned each actor / SA would have to do the opposite clearing the breech and holding the rifle for examination for the armourer who also would shout clear if satisfied it was empty before accepting it back.

Identical to the procedures used during my time in the Royal Marines Reserve, understandably so as the armourer who was part of the company that has a huge warehouse full of period weapons down London way and supplies them to major Hollywood film sets was ex British Army.

This procedure was identical for all issued rifles to the ' Prison Guards' even though they were never loaded even with blanks.

The only Lee Enfield issued with even a blank was issued to an experienced firearms stunt man who made sure that the weapon was aimed nowhere near anyone on set when firing.

At no time even with the empty rifles was anyone allowed to point them even remotely in the direction of anyone else.

I do recall the weapons instructor at Lympstone during one sojourn down to the Commando Training Centre exclaiming that if any of us ever pointed even an unloaded weapon in his direction he would assume that we were trying to kill him and he would kill us first.

I like to think that was a bit of forces banter and that even back then he probably wasn't allowed to kill us during training.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 0:16]
Alec Baldwin on 06:46 - Oct 28 with 1526 viewsDr_Winston

Alec Baldwin on 00:15 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

Must confess during my starring role as prison guard number 3 in the BBC mini series blockbuster Decline and Fall alongside my co stars Eva Longoria and Stephen Graham the armourer was on set throughout in charge of the prison guard Lee Enfield rifles used during filming.

Every time he handed one out he cleared and opened the breech before releasing the spring so that each actor or supporting artiste could peer down the barrel and all associated parts of the rifle to ensure that they were totally clear and empty and each Actor / SA would have to say "clear" before accepting the rifle to show that they were satisfied that the rifle was in fact clear and empty.

And when returned each actor / SA would have to do the opposite clearing the breech and holding the rifle for examination for the armourer who also would shout clear if satisfied it was empty before accepting it back.

Identical to the procedures used during my time in the Royal Marines Reserve, understandably so as the armourer who was part of the company that has a huge warehouse full of period weapons down London way and supplies them to major Hollywood film sets was ex British Army.

This procedure was identical for all issued rifles to the ' Prison Guards' even though they were never loaded even with blanks.

The only Lee Enfield issued with even a blank was issued to an experienced firearms stunt man who made sure that the weapon was aimed nowhere near anyone on set when firing.

At no time even with the empty rifles was anyone allowed to point them even remotely in the direction of anyone else.

I do recall the weapons instructor at Lympstone during one sojourn down to the Commando Training Centre exclaiming that if any of us ever pointed even an unloaded weapon in his direction he would assume that we were trying to kill him and he would kill us first.

I like to think that was a bit of forces banter and that even back then he probably wasn't allowed to kill us during training.

Reminds me of this scene in The Pacific.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alec Baldwin on 09:07 - Oct 28 with 1498 viewsonehunglow

Alec Baldwin on 00:15 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

Stephen Graham eh

Jeez man,great stuff

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Alec Baldwin on 10:16 - Oct 28 with 1480 viewsKeithHaynes

Alec Baldwin on 00:05 - Oct 28 by controversial_jack

The company name itself would be responsible, not necessary an individual, unless a criminal act, or gross negligence had occurred rather than an accident. I'm not sure how it works in the US, i'm sure they must have an equivalent of HSE. Vicarious liability, etc.

Baldwin would be responsible in England and Wales. IF the company were found guilty he could be charged with gross negligence Manslaughter as could the armour.er.

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024