Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NCB mess 15:59 - Oct 26 with 669 viewsCatullus

The NCB created this mess, they should have to clean it up,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59041863

Mind you, they should also be paying out to the flooded Skewen residents!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

NCB mess on 18:27 - Oct 26 with 633 viewsbritferry

Them and the Labour government took money out of the fund raised for Aberfan, to clear the tips that caused the disaster.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 21:17]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

NCB mess on 20:19 - Oct 26 with 598 viewsjack_lord

The Aberfan Disaster Memorial Fund (ADMF) was set up on the day of the disaster. It received nearly 88,000 contributions, totalling £1.75 million. The remaining tips you speak of were removed only after a lengthy fight by Aberfan residents, against resistance from the NCB and the government on the grounds of cost.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

NCB mess on 20:21 - Oct 26 with 590 viewsonehunglow

NCB mess on 20:19 - Oct 26 by jack_lord

The Aberfan Disaster Memorial Fund (ADMF) was set up on the day of the disaster. It received nearly 88,000 contributions, totalling £1.75 million. The remaining tips you speak of were removed only after a lengthy fight by Aberfan residents, against resistance from the NCB and the government on the grounds of cost.

This is one of the most sickening misuse of funds raised in British history .
Labour Government,Robins amd NCB outed as trash and rightly so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NCB mess on 20:30 - Oct 26 with 590 viewsjack_lord

NCB mess on 20:21 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

This is one of the most sickening misuse of funds raised in British history .
Labour Government,Robins amd NCB outed as trash and rightly so.

I'm trying to fathom whether the Aberfan residents wanted the tips removed and had the lengthy fight to ensure they did and the use of those funds was because of this fight.

NCB mess on 20:31 - Oct 26 with 589 viewsBoundy

I spent the early part of the 80's working on the power lines in Aberfan ,it was still then a place with an eerie silence about it. The graveyard with its 2 rows of white limestone arch ways a reminder of the event that occurred 20 odd years earlier , and the galling thing is this could be repeated .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NCB mess on 20:32 - Oct 26 with 588 viewsjack_lord

NCB mess on 20:30 - Oct 26 by jack_lord

I'm trying to fathom whether the Aberfan residents wanted the tips removed and had the lengthy fight to ensure they did and the use of those funds was because of this fight.

Clearing was paid for by a government grant and a forced contribution of £150,000 taken from the memorial fund. In 1997 the British government paid back the £150,000 to the ADMF, and in 2007 the Welsh Government donated £1.5 million to the fund and £500,000 to the Aberfan Education Charity as recompense for the money wrongly taken.

NCB mess on 21:05 - Oct 26 with 566 viewsmajorraglan

NCB mess on 20:32 - Oct 26 by jack_lord

Clearing was paid for by a government grant and a forced contribution of £150,000 taken from the memorial fund. In 1997 the British government paid back the £150,000 to the ADMF, and in 2007 the Welsh Government donated £1.5 million to the fund and £500,000 to the Aberfan Education Charity as recompense for the money wrongly taken.

Repaying the money was the right thing to do, but the £150k should have been adjusted upwards to account for inflation. Shame on all the Governments and leaders in power between 1966 and 1997.
NCB mess on 21:26 - Oct 26 with 559 viewsBoundy

If anything positive came out of this tragedy was the enactment of the Health & Safety at Work Act , (8 years later mind )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

NCB mess on 21:39 - Oct 26 with 549 viewsKilkennyjack

Aberfan 1966
Charity Commission: Each case should be examined before payment "to ascertain whether parents had been close to their children & were thus likely to be suffering mentally"

There are no words. What sort of person would ever think like this ?

Cat is 100 per cent correct.

Beware of the Risen People

NCB mess on 00:57 - Oct 27 with 516 viewsTreforys_Jack

NCB mess on 20:31 - Oct 26 by Boundy

I spent the early part of the 80's working on the power lines in Aberfan ,it was still then a place with an eerie silence about it. The graveyard with its 2 rows of white limestone arch ways a reminder of the event that occurred 20 odd years earlier , and the galling thing is this could be repeated .

I have family connections buried under those limestone arches, so really cannot comment as I will certainly get the boot off this site. I'll just say it has to be amongst the most heinous vile periods of mismanagement last century. I alternate between anger and tears whenever the subject is raised. Simply unimaginably awful.
NCB mess on 09:32 - Oct 27 with 449 viewsjohnlangy

NCB mess on 21:39 - Oct 26 by Kilkennyjack

Aberfan 1966
Charity Commission: Each case should be examined before payment "to ascertain whether parents had been close to their children & were thus likely to be suffering mentally"

There are no words. What sort of person would ever think like this ?

Cat is 100 per cent correct.

Re this and the £150,000 forced donation the name of the odious George Thomas comes to mind.

Was he not the Welsh Secretary at the time giving the go ahead for this ?
NCB mess on 13:44 - Oct 27 with 416 viewsKilkennyjack

NCB mess on 09:32 - Oct 27 by johnlangy

Re this and the £150,000 forced donation the name of the odious George Thomas comes to mind.

Was he not the Welsh Secretary at the time giving the go ahead for this ?

George was dreadful.

The worst sort of snivelling welshman.
Observable to all in 1969.
A quisling.

And the rumours are nothing but persistant.

Beware of the Risen People

NCB mess on 13:47 - Oct 27 with 412 viewsonehunglow

NCB mess on 13:44 - Oct 27 by Kilkennyjack

George was dreadful.

The worst sort of snivelling welshman.
Observable to all in 1969.
A quisling.

And the rumours are nothing but persistant.

Lay Preacher too Killy.

God only Knows what went on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024