Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City 18:05 - Dec 28 with 2802 viewsAndyconky

Posted losses of £38 million

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

Bristol City on 18:40 - Dec 28 with 2265 views1983

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club

Bristol City on 00:57 - Dec 29 with 2127 viewsReslovenSwan1

Middlesborough reported similar loses in the summer. They then sack Warnock not cheap and employ Wilder not cheap. With £24m losses in one year means only £11m in the next two. This must mean severe cut backs but no sign of it.

Boroughs owners have lost a fortune. Steve Gibson the 'ideal chairman' (one that loses huge money)

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bristol City on 07:49 - Dec 29 with 2089 viewsraynor94

Points deduction coming, if they don't cut their cloth

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City on 07:57 - Dec 29 with 2080 viewsThornburyswan

On top of the £11M from last year too.
Bristol City on 09:14 - Dec 29 with 2057 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 07:49 - Dec 29 by raynor94

Points deduction coming, if they don't cut their cloth

38 million is crazy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City on 10:33 - Dec 29 with 2013 viewsLuther27

Seems the way other clubs finances are run, as long as we keep financially stable then we’ll never get threatened with relegation lol
Bristol City on 10:36 - Dec 29 with 2010 viewsDr_Winston

No doubt the usual suspects will still have a whinge and a sook the next time we sell a player and don't spend every last penny on replacements. Running a Championship football club is expensive beyond the understanding of the average supporter.

As much as the "investment" from the likes of Silverstein makes me uncomfortable, in the Covid era it's probably necessary if we're going to avoid making large losses ourselves and still maintain a competitive team.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City on 10:39 - Dec 29 with 2006 viewsBadlands

Bristol City on 00:57 - Dec 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Middlesborough reported similar loses in the summer. They then sack Warnock not cheap and employ Wilder not cheap. With £24m losses in one year means only £11m in the next two. This must mean severe cut backs but no sign of it.

Boroughs owners have lost a fortune. Steve Gibson the 'ideal chairman' (one that loses huge money)

Boro banking on promotion. If they go up having cheated they escape any sanctions.
EFL rule breaking needs serious tightening up,

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City on 10:56 - Dec 29 with 1991 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Bristol City on 10:39 - Dec 29 by Badlands

Boro banking on promotion. If they go up having cheated they escape any sanctions.
EFL rule breaking needs serious tightening up,

It worked for Leicester.
Bristol City on 12:55 - Dec 29 with 1939 viewsCatullus

Bristol City on 10:56 - Dec 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It worked for Leicester.

It works if you can stay up long term. Leicester gambled but it seems to have paid off. They are now expecting to be top 10 every year.

I still find the EPL to be a poisoned chalice and all to often not worth getting promoted into because of all the trouble it can bring.

Just trying to get promoted can bring enough trouble, if Bristol have been spending to try and go up they are failing badly and the mere attempt at having a good team could do for them. I didn't realise they'd lost 11 million last season, they need to wise up or they'll be in deep shtuck.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bristol City on 13:12 - Dec 29 with 1922 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City on 12:55 - Dec 29 by Catullus

It works if you can stay up long term. Leicester gambled but it seems to have paid off. They are now expecting to be top 10 every year.

I still find the EPL to be a poisoned chalice and all to often not worth getting promoted into because of all the trouble it can bring.

Just trying to get promoted can bring enough trouble, if Bristol have been spending to try and go up they are failing badly and the mere attempt at having a good team could do for them. I didn't realise they'd lost 11 million last season, they need to wise up or they'll be in deep shtuck.

Bristol City can spend what they want with Nigel Pearson as manager they won’t go up.

His ship sailed years ago.
Bristol City on 14:47 - Dec 29 with 1884 viewsbuilthjack

I guess the £90 million or so that the club have received in parachute payments these last 3 years, and the selling of every player worth a few quid, has helped us tremendously.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 11:45]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City on 14:55 - Dec 29 with 1874 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bristol City on 14:47 - Dec 29 by builthjack

I guess the £90 million or so that the club have received in parachute payments these last 3 years, and the selling of every player worth a few quid, has helped us tremendously.

The transition from a £160m turnover club to a £20m turnover club has gone well with no residual debt and Covid to deal with. In fact it has been close to textbook use of the parachutes.

I realise giving the US owners credit does not go down well on "committee old boy" forums like this but I will say it anyway.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bristol City on 19:54 - Dec 29 with 1790 viewsKilkennyjack

Bristol City on 14:55 - Dec 29 by ReslovenSwan1

The transition from a £160m turnover club to a £20m turnover club has gone well with no residual debt and Covid to deal with. In fact it has been close to textbook use of the parachutes.

I realise giving the US owners credit does not go down well on "committee old boy" forums like this but I will say it anyway.

I agree.

No club can duck the financial realities.
You have to cut your cloth.

Beware of the Risen People

Bristol City on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 1769 views73__73

Bristol City on 14:47 - Dec 29 by builthjack

The frightening thing is, you actually believe that nonsense you wrote

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Bristol City on 21:05 - Dec 29 with 1767 views73__73

Bristol City on 14:55 - Dec 29 by ReslovenSwan1

The Americans are doing a good job.

Bristol City on 21:08 - Dec 29 with 1761 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City on 21:04 - Dec 29 by 73__73

Are you saying that the £90million parachutes, and the sale of players isn't true? Really?
Heavens above.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City on 21:13 - Dec 29 with 1752 views73__73

Bristol City on 21:08 - Dec 29 by builthjack

Are you saying that the £90million parachutes, and the sale of players isn't true? Really?
Heavens above.

You obviously don’t understand how the parachute payments work.
They cannot go to the owners.

Bristol City on 21:28 - Dec 29 with 1734 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City on 21:13 - Dec 29 by 73__73

You obviously don’t understand how the parachute payments work.
They cannot go to the owners.

Indeed. Keep off the wacky D.

Bristol City on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 1705 viewsraynor94

Bristol City on 21:05 - Dec 29 by 73__73

Hard to argue with that statement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bristol City on 22:50 - Dec 29 with 1691 viewsEagleEye

Bristol City on 21:05 - Dec 29 by 73__73

Bristol City on 09:07 - Dec 30 with 1602 viewsjasper_T

Bristol City on 10:56 - Dec 29 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It worked for Leicester.

Bournemouth got a £5m slap on the wrist for it while enjoying their PL windfall. Newcastle lost £91m when they bought a whole new team to go back up. Mike Ashley got his money back eventually.
Bristol City on 09:24 - Dec 30 with 1591 viewsKGriz16

...and people on here have the nerve to complain about how the Americans and co run this club.
Bristol City on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 1541 viewsKeithHaynes

Bristol City on 09:24 - Dec 30 by KGriz16

...and people on here have the nerve to complain about how the Americans and co run this club.

100% agree.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 1540 viewsCatullus

Bristol City on 21:28 - Dec 29 by builthjack

Indeed. Keep off the wacky D.

Do you really think the Americans have taken 90 million pounds out of us?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024