Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new Highway Code 09:27 - Jan 24 with 3811 viewsonehunglow

Yeah,the book nobody reads after passing the Test

Some crackers

1. Vehicles to give precedence to other road users in terms of size.
That means drivers of Bentleys ,Range Rover and Q7 Audis have to give way to pedestrians and cyclists not to mention pedestrians who get in their way.
2. Horse riders to be given two metres space. Gonna fun of country lanes that with Pippa off to the Livery
3. Cyclists given one metre . Any cyclist will scoff at that right now

Wait for it,lorry drivers giving way to all . Think of that next time these eejit are tailing yiu down the M4

Good idea but we cannot even prosecute cretins at the wheel of a vehicle with a cup of coffee in one hand and a phone in the other .

Best of all pedestrians being given precedence at road junctions .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The new Highway Code on 10:34 - Jan 24 with 2881 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Think you find that is case now if you spot a pedestrian in the road you are expected to stop not claim I ran then over as I have right of way.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The new Highway Code on 10:38 - Jan 24 with 2876 viewsonehunglow

The new Highway Code on 10:34 - Jan 24 by felixstowe_jack

Think you find that is case now if you spot a pedestrian in the road you are expected to stop not claim I ran then over as I have right of way.

Consider how pedestrians are viewed by many motorists .
Much depends on where one lives.
Large urban areas utterly different to rural.
We have 3 Livery Stables within 5 mins of us and horses often juxtapose with traffic. If it’s peak time traffic it’s chaos .
Horses messy too

The new Highway Code on 12:06 - Jan 24 with 2852 viewsbritferry

its always been the case that if a pedestrian was in the road when you turned in to it, you had to give way.

Now its this (on top):

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The new Highway Code on 13:45 - Jan 24 with 2815 viewsonehunglow

It’s called hierarchy

Talk to the knobs in top of the range 4x4 about it.

The new Highway Code on 14:33 - Jan 24 with 2800 viewsFlashberryjack

Whomever thought up these new rules, is either a non-driver or a raving lunatic, or maybe both.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The new Highway Code on 15:30 - Jan 24 with 2776 viewspencoedjack

The new Highway Code on 14:33 - Jan 24 by Flashberryjack

Whomever thought up these new rules, is either a non-driver or a raving lunatic, or maybe both.

They have spent millions on cycle paths in Bridgend but cyclists continue to ride on the road.

Personally I think they should start getting fined for not using them & pay tax for using highways.
The new Highway Code on 16:25 - Jan 24 with 2751 viewsBoundy

The new Highway Code on 15:30 - Jan 24 by pencoedjack

They have spent millions on cycle paths in Bridgend but cyclists continue to ride on the road.

Personally I think they should start getting fined for not using them & pay tax for using highways.

This old chestnut , If car tax was purely for the pleasure of driving a car then why are there different rates of taxation ? Electric cars = 0 emissions , Over weight cyclist = 0 emissions or
" VED is calculated according to the CO2 tailpipe emissions for all vehicles registered since March 2001. For cars registered before March 2001 the tax is calculated based on engine size ."

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The new Highway Code on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 2731 viewsonehunglow

And cyclists are safer on some pavements given the dykeheads driving cars they think are their own little houses on wheels

Login to get fewer ads

The new Highway Code on 18:42 - Jan 24 with 2689 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

I ran over three pedestrians on the way home tonight. Should I have stopped under these new guidelines?
The new Highway Code on 18:51 - Jan 24 with 2671 viewsunion_jack

The one thing cyclists should be made to wear is a forward and backward facing GoPro and report anyone to the police. not giving them the respect they need in the roads. Door knocking with evidence will soon make drivers think twice.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The new Highway Code on 19:14 - Jan 24 with 2653 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 18:51 - Jan 24 by union_jack

The one thing cyclists should be made to wear is a forward and backward facing GoPro and report anyone to the police. not giving them the respect they need in the roads. Door knocking with evidence will soon make drivers think twice.

The new rules are b0!!0x.
It's my opinion also that cyclists who use the roads, should have some sort of insurance. Not gonna please some, but I think it's necessary.
The new Highway Code on 19:17 - Jan 24 with 2652 viewsCatullus

There is a slight change there though. If you are approaching a junction and want to turn left, if someone is waiting to cross you have to give way to them.

I believe we are supposed to give cyclists 1.5 metres and that will be really fun, how many roads in Swansea can you leave a 5 foot gap on and not be on the wrong side of the road? it means you'll be stuck behind any cyclist and in heavy traffic that will cause so much queueing that road rage is bound to kick in. Just wait til you come across a group of cyclists riding 3 abreast! I used to regularly see a group of 15-20 on the Mumbles road and they'd hog the whole lane. What are the new rules for cyclists?

PS, a potential £1000 fine for not using the 'Dutch' method for opening your car door. IS that even if there's no problems?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The new Highway Code on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 2648 viewsBoundy

The new Highway Code on 18:51 - Jan 24 by union_jack

A sad indictment of todays standard of driving and I include cycling that cameras are now the norm rather than the exception . I have one fixed to the handle bars and had to make use of footage taken when a artic "over" took me on Mumbles road I appreciate not everyone likes cyclists but if I had the skill to edit the main feature of the incident and post it on here I'd be surprised if anyone held that same view .
PS I showed the footage at Swansea Central but never heard anything other than the driver had been having a stressful day .

The new Highway Code on 19:21 - Jan 24 with 2647 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 19:17 - Jan 24 by Catullus

There is a slight change there though. If you are approaching a junction and want to turn left, if someone is waiting to cross you have to give way to them.

I believe we are supposed to give cyclists 1.5 metres and that will be really fun, how many roads in Swansea can you leave a 5 foot gap on and not be on the wrong side of the road? it means you'll be stuck behind any cyclist and in heavy traffic that will cause so much queueing that road rage is bound to kick in. Just wait til you come across a group of cyclists riding 3 abreast! I used to regularly see a group of 15-20 on the Mumbles road and they'd hog the whole lane. What are the new rules for cyclists?

PS, a potential £1000 fine for not using the 'Dutch' method for opening your car door. IS that even if there's no problems?

It's how people interperate the rules, that worries me, in the first instance.
The new Highway Code on 19:46 - Jan 24 with 2634 viewsonehunglow

The new Highway Code on 19:14 - Jan 24 by GoldenBear

The new rules are b0!!0x.
It's my opinion also that cyclists who use the roads, should have some sort of insurance. Not gonna please some, but I think it's necessary.

I agree but a bike is les lethal that 40 tonnes of metal or 2 tonne of UV with a driver with one hand on phone and other holding a cup of coffee.
We need to educate people to drive properly and that would take billions. The test needs to be ripped up completely.
I believe the driving age should be 21 minimum for a start and vehicle over a certain BHP not legal to be driven by anyone unless they have had an advanced test.

I was an advanced driver in both car and motor bike. Both courses meant be stipping away how I drove and I thought ,as we all do,I was a great driver.

When 16 ,I ride around Cwmbwrla a few times in a circle ,did an emergency test then got my full licence to ride a 650 Bonneville. Some of my chums did and their brains were splattered all over Jersey Marine,a favourite place for killing yourself. Things are better now but the roads are far busier and more distractions. Driving whilst using a mobile and the car should be be seized and sold. Same with drink drivers. We either want to save lives or we dont. Its that simple.

The new Highway Code on 20:11 - Jan 24 with 2616 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 19:46 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

I agree but a bike is les lethal that 40 tonnes of metal or 2 tonne of UV with a driver with one hand on phone and other holding a cup of coffee.
We need to educate people to drive properly and that would take billions. The test needs to be ripped up completely.
I believe the driving age should be 21 minimum for a start and vehicle over a certain BHP not legal to be driven by anyone unless they have had an advanced test.

I was an advanced driver in both car and motor bike. Both courses meant be stipping away how I drove and I thought ,as we all do,I was a great driver.

When 16 ,I ride around Cwmbwrla a few times in a circle ,did an emergency test then got my full licence to ride a 650 Bonneville. Some of my chums did and their brains were splattered all over Jersey Marine,a favourite place for killing yourself. Things are better now but the roads are far busier and more distractions. Driving whilst using a mobile and the car should be be seized and sold. Same with drink drivers. We either want to save lives or we dont. Its that simple.

We sort of agree, however, a cyclist doing 30mph, will kill a pedestrian just as much as a 40 tonne HGV.
The amount of cyclists has trebled or more, not sure of exact figures in the last few years, this means a potential for more accidents. Shared use paths worry me. Cyclists who dont use cycle paths also worry me, but of course they cant open the taps then. Which is why cyclists need some insurance cover, for both road and cycle route use.
Holland is completely different to the UK, they've been doing this sort of thing for years, we a just starting out in terms of investment. Our culture needs to change if it's going to be successful.
Maybe all motorists should be made to have a refresher course every 5 to 10 years.
The new Highway Code on 20:18 - Jan 24 with 2604 viewsonehunglow

The new Highway Code on 20:11 - Jan 24 by GoldenBear

We sort of agree, however, a cyclist doing 30mph, will kill a pedestrian just as much as a 40 tonne HGV.
The amount of cyclists has trebled or more, not sure of exact figures in the last few years, this means a potential for more accidents. Shared use paths worry me. Cyclists who dont use cycle paths also worry me, but of course they cant open the taps then. Which is why cyclists need some insurance cover, for both road and cycle route use.
Holland is completely different to the UK, they've been doing this sort of thing for years, we a just starting out in terms of investment. Our culture needs to change if it's going to be successful.
Maybe all motorists should be made to have a refresher course every 5 to 10 years.

No.It wont or at least not as likely.

As an aside,Chris Boardmans's mother was killed by a dimwit van driver in Connahs Quay.Another driver who "didnt see" a cyclist.
Look around as you drive and note how little attention is paid

I now drive without any music /radio on at all so that I concentrate more as I get older.

Many get into their car and assume they reach their destination.

Lorry Drivers especially foreign ones terrify me.

The new Highway Code on 20:49 - Jan 24 with 2589 viewsBoundy

The new Highway Code on 19:17 - Jan 24 by Catullus

Mumbles road is a duel carriageway , just saying .

The new Highway Code on 21:10 - Jan 24 with 2565 viewsFlashberryjack

I really hope everyone adheres to the new highway code to the letter, maybe then the imbeciles that thought it up will realise that what may seem a good idea in the office, is completely bonkers in practice.

Hello

The new Highway Code on 21:10 - Jan 24 with 2565 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 20:18 - Jan 24 by onehunglow

No.It wont or at least not as likely.

As an aside,Chris Boardmans's mother was killed by a dimwit van driver in Connahs Quay.Another driver who "didnt see" a cyclist.
Look around as you drive and note how little attention is paid

I now drive without any music /radio on at all so that I concentrate more as I get older.

Many get into their car and assume they reach their destination.

Lorry Drivers especially foreign ones terrify me.

So we agree that a cyclist has the potential to kill a pedestrian, which was my point.
The new Highway Code on 21:11 - Jan 24 with 2563 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 16:25 - Jan 24 by Boundy

This old chestnut , If car tax was purely for the pleasure of driving a car then why are there different rates of taxation ? Electric cars = 0 emissions , Over weight cyclist = 0 emissions or
" VED is calculated according to the CO2 tailpipe emissions for all vehicles registered since March 2001. For cars registered before March 2001 the tax is calculated based on engine size ."

Road tax, no. Insurance defo, imho.
The new Highway Code on 21:23 - Jan 24 with 2538 viewsunion_jack

The new Highway Code on 21:11 - Jan 24 by GoldenBear

Totally agree.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The new Highway Code on 21:27 - Jan 24 with 2534 viewsGoldenBear

The new Highway Code on 21:23 - Jan 24 by union_jack

Totally agree.

It's a no brainer, specially the roads as they are today.
The new Highway Code on 21:30 - Jan 24 with 2532 viewsBoundy

The new Highway Code on 21:11 - Jan 24 by GoldenBear

I agree , insurance for a cyclist should be a requirement ,with family packages available and the there's plenty of choice there little reason not to have it. But who will enforce it if it becomes mandatory ?

The new Highway Code on 21:37 - Jan 24 with 2511 viewsFlashberryjack

The new Highway Code on 21:30 - Jan 24 by Boundy

I agree , insurance for a cyclist should be a requirement ,with family packages available and the there's plenty of choice there little reason not to have it. But who will enforce it if it becomes mandatory ?

Same people that enforce insurance for cars.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024