Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site becoming too woke? 17:01 - Jan 25 with 17842 viewsknocker

Too many snowflakes?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:05 - Jan 29 with 1859 viewsed_83

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:57 - Jan 29 by kropotkin41

This.

Unless your hobbies include burning crosses, regretting the defeat of the Confederacy, or imagining you're a member of the Master Race, then you've got no place deploying the word woke in a pejorative sense. The kind of swivel-eyed pinhead fascist scum who began this effort to turn awareness of racism and injustice into an insult are a sad waste of oxygen. And as our grandfathers and grandmothers all knew, the only good fascist.... well, I'll refrain from finishing the phrase. I wouldn't want to upset anyone too much.
Good result today.

Bah, meant to upvote this and hit the downvote button by mistake. Agree with everything you’ve said, especially about the match today.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:26 - Jan 29 with 1795 viewsStreathamRanger

Genuine question, how do you put a whole thread on ignore? Only seem to be able to ignore individuals which has helped a bit this evening but ideally I'd rather not see any more of this thread if at all possible. Thanks in advance.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 1723 viewsSharpy36

Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:26 - Jan 29 by StreathamRanger

Genuine question, how do you put a whole thread on ignore? Only seem to be able to ignore individuals which has helped a bit this evening but ideally I'd rather not see any more of this thread if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

It`s easy. Just don`t click on it.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:04 - Jan 29 with 1699 viewsdistortR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:02 - Jan 29 by Sharpy36

It`s easy. Just don`t click on it.

yeah, that was a bizarre post, really.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:07 - Jan 29 with 1680 viewsSharpy36

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:04 - Jan 29 by distortR

yeah, that was a bizarre post, really.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:18 - Jan 29 with 1619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this site becoming too woke? on 22:26 - Jan 29 by StreathamRanger

Streatham,

You can hide a thread by clicking on the red x in the First/ Original Post.

You won't be ignoring the poster who started the thread but it will hide the thread. You can always go into Settings and change your mind later.

Of course, you've probably ignored me, so I've just wasted a few minutes posting this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:30 - Jan 30 with 1527 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:24 - Jan 29 by terryb

Another one who has picked up the ball & cried all the way home because others don't agree with him.

Snowflake 1.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:31 - Jan 30 with 1526 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:30 - Jan 29 by Esox_Lucius

Wow, you really have the bigoted stereotype down to a fine art don't you?

Snowflake 2.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:31 - Jan 30 with 1524 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:46 - Jan 29 by BklynRanger

Those John Terry loving brainless thick kunts aren't great either though, but you agree with that.

Snowflake 3.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:32 - Jan 30 with 1520 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 21:24 - Jan 29 by flynnbo

Bye.

Snowflake 4.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:33 - Jan 30 with 1519 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 21:01 - Jan 29 by kensalriser

U OK Benny?

Nice touch of homophobia there to cap off a fine day's performance.

And Snowflake 5. This one particularly made me laugh, throwing in the homophobia card for no good reason.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 0:36]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:41 - Jan 30 with 1483 viewsSheffieldHoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:33 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

And Snowflake 5. This one particularly made me laugh, throwing in the homophobia card for no good reason.

Ahhhh I love you all really

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Is this site becoming too woke? on 01:06 - Jan 30 with 1462 viewsBklynRanger

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:31 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Snowflake 3.

I'll take it as a big compliment based on your performance today.

Whatever you've been on you might want to knock it on the head, JT.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 01:12 - Jan 30 with 1442 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 01:06 - Jan 30 by BklynRanger

I'll take it as a big compliment based on your performance today.

Whatever you've been on you might want to knock it on the head, JT.

Kumbayah my lord, kumbayah...
Is this site becoming too woke? on 07:09 - Jan 30 with 1371 viewsStreathamRanger

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:18 - Jan 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Streatham,

You can hide a thread by clicking on the red x in the First/ Original Post.

You won't be ignoring the poster who started the thread but it will hide the thread. You can always go into Settings and change your mind later.

Of course, you've probably ignored me, so I've just wasted a few minutes posting this.

Thanks. I suppose I could just not open the thread but curiosity gets the better of me.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 07:41 - Jan 30 with 1334 viewstraininvain

I can’t be the only one who sees the irony in Benny calling other posters snowflakes as he throws a temper tantrum, picks up his ball and runs home because he doesn’t like what others have to say on certain subjects.

The lack of self awareness is actually quite impressive.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 07:58 - Jan 30 with 1306 viewsed_83

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:33 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

“No good reason” lol - either you genuinely have no idea about the connotations of demeaning people for being “limp-wristed” or you understand perfectly and you’re on a wind up. You’re an embarrassment either way, frankly.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 08:16 - Jan 30 with 1268 viewsSydneyRs

When I see someone use the word "snowflake" a lot, I immediately gain enormous respect for them, knowing that they will be able to put forward a reasonable point of view in a measured, articulate and persuasive fashion, without a hint of cntiness.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 08:28 - Jan 30 with 1249 viewsslmrstid

In the space of 24 hours Benny got angry on this board about people being snowflakes, the ULEZ zone & London transport measures, Anton Ferdinand being in the Forever R's Club, and our U23s losing many games in a row.

That's quite some going.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:09 - Jan 30 with 1207 viewsQPR_Nippon

This is a bit meta, but I highly recommend Jon Ronson’s excellent podcast series on the Culture Wars: ‘Things Fell Apart’.

Some fascinating historical insights that show the Culture War really is nothing new, but has been raging for decades.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:36 - Jan 30 with 1152 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:31 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Snowflake 2.

Amendment: Wow, you really have the witless, bigoted stereotype down to a fine art don't you?
Are you the next Matt Doran?

The grass is always greener.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 09:40 - Jan 30 with 1139 viewsDixie_CT

I think Clive has made it clear enough, if you don’t like it then you don’t have to come here but I think the point made about people like coming here to get angry is actually their purpose.

Comments that people should want to goto a Millwall or Swansea site for a comparison are wrong, people don’t want to go there, that’s why they don’t. Maybe, just maybe, it’s because they choose not to have that toxicity or conversation topics in their lives. That is their choice. Again if you want it, it’s there for you, fill your boots.

The other comment about you can choose a side but you can’t be on both. Again, no one has to choose anything, it’s choice if you do and it’s choice if you don’t. This constant demand to prove yourself, show your identity, it’s bloody exhausting and really unnecessary.

At the end of the day, all finger pointing is just noise, that’s all it is. There are ways to ignore it, even technical solutions like blocking or ignoring threads. It’s just noise, no one making it is presenting a solution, one would be to go and run your own site. Good luck!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:25 - Jan 30 with 1066 viewsdistortR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 07:09 - Jan 30 by StreathamRanger

Thanks. I suppose I could just not open the thread but curiosity gets the better of me.

!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:37 - Jan 30 with 1041 viewsdistortR

I've never been on the right, and there are aspects of the left's behaviour in the 'culture wars' that I abhor.
But the terms 'woke', 'gammon' etc I really dislike - totally divisive and pushing people in boxes, and I think it's in the nature of a lot of us that when we are put in that box to entrench ourselves even further. Social media platforms seem to work on our psyche and amplify this fault in us.
Divide and rule? We're doing it to ourselves.
So while I miss the political threads, I think Clive has got it right for the unity and sanity of us all. The art of debate seems to be being replaced with accusation and shouting.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 10:39]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:18 - Jan 30 with 969 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 08:16 - Jan 30 by SydneyRs

When I see someone use the word "snowflake" a lot, I immediately gain enormous respect for them, knowing that they will be able to put forward a reasonable point of view in a measured, articulate and persuasive fashion, without a hint of cntiness.

You shouldn't. Snowflakes typically base their opinions on feelings rather than fact, with little to no evidence to support their point of view. When their argument is broken down they resort to cancel culture by pulling trump cards like racism, homophobia, MeToo, etc., even if it is totally irrelevant to the topic. Completely unmeasured, inarticulate, unpersuasive and closed minded all whilst posturing and pretending to be warm, fuzzy, inclusive and open.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024