Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site becoming too woke? 17:01 - Jan 25 with 17873 viewsknocker

Too many snowflakes?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 1630 viewsPunteR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:18 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

You shouldn't. Snowflakes typically base their opinions on feelings rather than fact, with little to no evidence to support their point of view. When their argument is broken down they resort to cancel culture by pulling trump cards like racism, homophobia, MeToo, etc., even if it is totally irrelevant to the topic. Completely unmeasured, inarticulate, unpersuasive and closed minded all whilst posturing and pretending to be warm, fuzzy, inclusive and open.

Isn't that called a conscience ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 1612 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 07:41 - Jan 30 by traininvain

I can’t be the only one who sees the irony in Benny calling other posters snowflakes as he throws a temper tantrum, picks up his ball and runs home because he doesn’t like what others have to say on certain subjects.

The lack of self awareness is actually quite impressive.

Now there's an oxymoron. TIV accusing me of not liking what others have to say on certain subjects because he doesn't like what I have to say on certain subjects.

The lack of self-awareness is most impressive. Here's your dollies back snowflake, now settle back in your pram.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:37 - Jan 30 with 1592 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:26 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

Now there's an oxymoron. TIV accusing me of not liking what others have to say on certain subjects because he doesn't like what I have to say on certain subjects.

The lack of self-awareness is most impressive. Here's your dollies back snowflake, now settle back in your pram.

You are one ball-ache mate. Living proof of why the ignore button on here is a God send.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:38 - Jan 30 with 1567 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:26 - Jan 30 by PunteR

Isn't that called a conscience ?

No, that's a cognitive process based on rationale, often displayed as remorse when a person commits an act that conflicts with their moral code. This is in sharp contrast to emotions elicited by beliefs that are skewed by a desire to appear virtuous in public, regardless of fact.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:39 - Jan 30 with 1588 viewsRangersw12

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:26 - Jan 30 by Benny_the_Ball

We're 4th in league and had a great win yesterday and all you've done since is defend Chelsea and then proceed to call people snowflakes who disagreed with your nonsense

Get a grip fella and go have a lie down
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:43 - Jan 30 with 1570 viewsNorthernr

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:39 - Jan 30 by Rangersw12

We're 4th in league and had a great win yesterday and all you've done since is defend Chelsea and then proceed to call people snowflakes who disagreed with your nonsense

There is a really odd angry tone across two or three threads on here today, given we've just won 4-fcking-nil.

Life's too short guys, come on.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:46 - Jan 30 with 1529 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:39 - Jan 30 by Rangersw12

Helping people understand that their skewed points of view are based on an irrational hatred of Chelsea is not the same as defending Chelsea. If you don't understand the difference then it is you that needs to lie down.

As for pointing out snowflakes, in case you hadn't noticed the thread is about whether this site is becoming too woke. You've rather reinforced the point.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:41 - Jan 30 with 1399 viewskropotkin41

You shouldn't. Snowflakes typically base their opinions on feelings rather than fact, with little to no evidence to support their point of view. When their argument is broken down they resort to cancel culture by pulling trump cards like racism, homophobia, MeToo, etc., even if it is totally irrelevant to the topic. Completely unmeasured, inarticulate, unpersuasive and closed minded all whilst posturing and pretending to be warm, fuzzy, inclusive and open.

This is straight from the American Alt-right playbook. It's insidious stuff which is used in the attempt to normalise fascist ideology by the endless repetition of baseless accusations and straw man arguments. It's a shame to find it here; it's internet poison.
For what it's worth, I've always found LFW politically diverse, challenging, and interesting. It's no left wing echo chamber, that's for sure.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:42 - Jan 30 with 1354 viewsSheffieldHoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 10:37 - Jan 30 by distortR

I've never been on the right, and there are aspects of the left's behaviour in the 'culture wars' that I abhor.
But the terms 'woke', 'gammon' etc I really dislike - totally divisive and pushing people in boxes, and I think it's in the nature of a lot of us that when we are put in that box to entrench ourselves even further. Social media platforms seem to work on our psyche and amplify this fault in us.
Divide and rule? We're doing it to ourselves.
So while I miss the political threads, I think Clive has got it right for the unity and sanity of us all. The art of debate seems to be being replaced with accusation and shouting.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 10:39]

To me, a key difference between "Gammon" and "Woke" is that "Gammon" entered British political discourse as a very clear and particular insult. On the other hand, Woke started out as something young left-wing people co-opted from America and used to identify themselves with the progressive movement. It only became an insult after people started to pick up on how fake and contradictory the vast majority of the Woke types really are.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:44 - Jan 30 with 1377 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"For what it's worth, I've always found LFW politically diverse, challenging, and interesting. It's no left wing echo chamber, that's for sure."

Same here. I also find it fun!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:24 - Jan 30 with 1053 viewsSydneyRs

Cut and pasted nonsense.

Just add a few "MSM" references.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 23:41 - Jan 30 with 1004 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:41 - Jan 30 by kropotkin41

This is straight from the American Alt-right playbook. It's insidious stuff which is used in the attempt to normalise fascist ideology by the endless repetition of baseless accusations and straw man arguments. It's a shame to find it here; it's internet poison.
For what it's worth, I've always found LFW politically diverse, challenging, and interesting. It's no left wing echo chamber, that's for sure.

Source? Link to the playbook?

Yet another attempt at cancel culture by playing the fascist card. That's internet poison.

Can't any of you snowflakes think for yourself and come up with a lucid, well-reasoned argument based on facts?

Pathetic.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:06 - Jan 31 with 957 viewsPunteR

I don't even know what Bennys point is anymore. We're all snowflakes and c@nts on here?
He spends a lot of time on this forum so I can only assume he actually likes the company of snowflakes( whatever that means) and c@nts.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:09 - Jan 31 with 940 viewsE17hoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 11:43 - Jan 30 by Northernr

There is a really odd angry tone across two or three threads on here today, given we've just won 4-fcking-nil.

Life's too short guys, come on.

We have the ignore button. Clive has to moderate all this cráp.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:15 - Jan 31 with 923 viewsQPsyR

Really?

FKA AcidPixie

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:23 - Jan 31 with 904 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:15 - Jan 31 by QPsyR

Really?

Yep, PLUR.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:24 - Jan 31 with 1035 viewsPunteR

Benny has lost the plot. Can someone call him a cab..lol

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:24 - Jan 31 with 1033 viewsQPsyR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:23 - Jan 31 by Benny_the_Ball

Yep, PLUR.

LOL that actualy made me laugh
Fck it lifes too short lol

FKA AcidPixie

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:30 - Jan 31 with 1002 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:24 - Jan 31 by QPsyR

LOL that actualy made me laugh
Fck it lifes too short lol

So true.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 0:30]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:37 - Jan 31 with 1000 viewsQPsyR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 00:30 - Jan 31 by Benny_the_Ball

So true.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 0:30]

Totally fair play

[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 8:33]

FKA AcidPixie

Is this site becoming too woke? on 02:21 - Jan 31 with 946 viewsSydneyRs

"cancel culture"

More cut and pasted drivel. Yet apparently I'm the one not thinking for myself

Who hurt you?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 06:25 - Jan 31 with 874 viewsPunteR

Is this site becoming too woke? on 02:21 - Jan 31 by SydneyRs

"cancel culture"

More cut and pasted drivel. Yet apparently I'm the one not thinking for myself

Who hurt you?

Officer Dibble got his truncheon out by the bins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024