Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this site becoming too woke? 17:01 - Jan 25 with 17872 viewsknocker

Too many snowflakes?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:19 - Jan 27 with 2632 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:05 - Jan 27 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah, because that definition is being used as a cop-out.

The fact remains that "Wokeness" is leading to all sorts of mad bullshit everywhere all the time......This Rotherham case is a fairly historic (In the context of Wokeness, at least) example of it....More recently you could point to Stonewall as another example of wokness gone wrong ( https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/06/stonewall-risks-all-it-has Hopefully the Guardian is more to the LFW palette than the Times was)

Would be good if one day the purveyors of "Wokeness" might take some ownership of that. But as ever, all you see is denial.

We disagree, which is fine. You seem to me to be conflating something you see as beyond wokeness and wokeness itself.

If it's beyond, it can't also be. I'm not accusing you of doing it deliberately, by the way, but I wonder if others do.

Anyway, it's a small point, but it was interesting to think about it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:23 - Jan 27 with 2522 viewsSheffieldHoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:19 - Jan 27 by BrianMcCarthy

We disagree, which is fine. You seem to me to be conflating something you see as beyond wokeness and wokeness itself.

If it's beyond, it can't also be. I'm not accusing you of doing it deliberately, by the way, but I wonder if others do.

Anyway, it's a small point, but it was interesting to think about it.

Or rather - Outcomes from wokeness ?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:28 - Jan 27 with 2588 viewsdmm

The term 'Woke' started in African American communities in reference to being aware of racial injustice. In recent years it's been hijacked by many on the Right and used as an insult.

There can never be anything wrong with being 'awake' to racial and other forms of injustice. I never use the term, but if I was accused of being 'Woke', I would happily accept it.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:42 - Jan 27 with 2445 viewsSheffieldHoop

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:28 - Jan 27 by dmm

The term 'Woke' started in African American communities in reference to being aware of racial injustice. In recent years it's been hijacked by many on the Right and used as an insult.

There can never be anything wrong with being 'awake' to racial and other forms of injustice. I never use the term, but if I was accused of being 'Woke', I would happily accept it.

Awake is the right-wing version of Woke. You have to choose one. You can't be both.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 2434 viewsrobith

Bin this thread imo - no good is coming from it, or will come from it
Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:43 - Jan 27 with 2398 viewsnightwish

Anyone look at BBC teletext yesterday headline on their football page Chelsea beat West Ham to go 2nd.I knew Chelsea were not playing West Ham so it had to be womens football and sure enough it was.But in theory if Chelseas mens team had won they would be 2nd.Just a ploy from the BBC to read about womens football in my view.I dont care if women play football but i am not interested in it.There is a difference between women and men so just report it as it is Chelseas womens team beat West Ham
Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:44 - Jan 27 with 2396 viewsBklynRanger

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:34 - Jan 27 by robith

Cancel culture!!!

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 2390 viewsrobith

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:44 - Jan 27 by BklynRanger

Cancel culture!!!

I was cancelled!

You were cancelled?

I got better.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:04 - Jan 27 with 2344 viewsknocker

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:46 - Jan 27 by robith

I was cancelled!

You were cancelled?

I got better.

Jesus. Too many girls on here.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:15 - Jan 27 with 2318 viewsBklynRanger

Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:04 - Jan 27 by knocker

Yeah girls - what's the point of them?
Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 2285 viewskensalriser

Plenty of other sites are available if you prefer the company of gentlemen, so I'm told.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:26 - Jan 27 with 2270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Join Us!
Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:38 - Jan 27 with 2242 viewsed_83

Agree with this 100%. "Woke" and the debates around it function almost identically to the arguments about "political correctness" a generation ago, and are equally boring.

People can bore on about over-sensitive holier-than-thou snowflakes and all rest of it, I'm sure with some justification in certain cases, but being open to educating yourself on racism (or in the case of political correctness treating people from different backgrounds with a basic level of respect) shouldn't be remotely contentious. The fact that they are says way more about the anti-woke lot and their values than anyone or anything else, in my opinion.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 15:40 - Jan 27 with 2231 viewsrobith

To quote my Maths teacher at Catholic school - this has little, if anything, to do with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:33 - Jan 27 with 2098 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:42 - Jan 27 by SheffieldHoop

Awake is the right-wing version of Woke. You have to choose one. You can't be both.

...and asleep is what we'll end up before too long!

Oh and just in case, in the protection of our saviour - whomever he/she/it is.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 17:45 - Jan 27 with 2064 viewsR_from_afar

Is this site becoming too woke? on 14:34 - Jan 27 by robith

I am in a real quandary: I want to post that I agree with you but I don't want to perpetuate this thread. Tricky...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is this site becoming too woke? on 13:50 - Jan 29 with 1774 viewsLadbrokeR

Ain’t that right. Apparently having some political awareness and being concerned about racism is a problem. Just take that in.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:38 - Jan 29 with 1618 viewsBenny_the_Ball

To answer the original OP, yes. You only have to look at the soppy reaction to Anton getting inducted into Forever Rs to see that. Far too many limp-wristed, kumbayah-singing snowflake wokees on this board for my liking.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 18:39]
Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 1547 viewsterryb

Is this site becoming too woke? on 18:38 - Jan 29 by Benny_the_Ball

To answer the original OP, yes. You only have to look at the soppy reaction to Anton getting inducted into Forever Rs to see that. Far too many limp-wristed, kumbayah-singing snowflake wokees on this board for my liking.

Another one who has picked up the ball & cried all the way home because others don't agree with him.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 1523 viewsaston_hoop

Its the same bloody person consistently having a moan I swear

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 1517 viewsEsox_Lucius

Wow, you really have the bigoted stereotype down to a fine art don't you?

The grass is always greener.

Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:46 - Jan 29 with 1469 viewsBklynRanger

Those John Terry loving brainless thick kunts aren't great either though, but you agree with that.
Is this site becoming too woke? on 20:57 - Jan 29 with 1433 viewskropotkin41

This.

Unless your hobbies include burning crosses, regretting the defeat of the Confederacy, or imagining you're a member of the Master Race, then you've got no place deploying the word woke in a pejorative sense. The kind of swivel-eyed pinhead fascist scum who began this effort to turn awareness of racism and injustice into an insult are a sad waste of oxygen. And as our grandfathers and grandmothers all knew, the only good fascist.... well, I'll refrain from finishing the phrase. I wouldn't want to upset anyone too much.
Good result today.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Is this site becoming too woke? on 21:01 - Jan 29 with 1412 viewskensalriser

U OK Benny?

Nice touch of homophobia there to cap off a fine day's performance.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is this site becoming too woke? on 21:24 - Jan 29 with 1348 viewsflynnbo

Bye.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024