Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next motoring scandal 09:10 - Feb 7 with 4063 viewsCatullus

It's already been said on here by some smart person (Not me, definitely not) but the drive for electric cars is an eco sham, the next diesel scandal and this news story though it is in the Daily mail seems to capture it perfectly,

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/are-electric-cars-the-new-diesel-scandal-wai

Electric cars are not the future we want or need, most of us cannot afford them and anyway, they will not do anything to save the planet and the need for mining rare materials means they will cause the destruction of habitat.

Hybrid cars and then maybe hydrogen cars (when the tech gets there) are a better answer.
Damningly for any government that's pushing E cars as a policy, 90% of E car owners also own a diesel or petrol car to use for longer journeys and even with heavy subsidies still only the top earners can afford these cars without making sacrifices.

I can't afford one right now and I don't want one in 2030 either, a hybrid yes but because electric cars are so heavy they cause extra wear and tear, emitting more pollutants from tyres and brakes AND the experts think they will kill more people in any accidents because of the extra weight.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The next motoring scandal on 22:05 - Feb 9 with 481 viewsbuilthjack

HVO will take over from diesel in the near future. Cuts emissions by 90%.
Wanna buy some?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The next motoring scandal (n/t) on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 449 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

The next motoring scandal on 16:04 - Feb 8 by Luther27

I think you’ve rumbled the EV lobby!

It's worth watching the first 2mins 30secs.

"NOBODY THROWS BATTERIES AWAY"
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:49]
The next motoring scandal on 22:55 - Feb 9 with 434 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

The next motoring scandal on 11:12 - Feb 9 by A_Fans_Dad

So what did you manage to buy for £16,000?
Or was that £16,000 more than the Fabia?

A 2016 30kWh Nissan Leaf for £15,750. Crazy money in mind for a car!

3 MOT's in the time I've had it and no issues at all. There's no valves, head gaskets, pistons, exhausts, cam belts, oil etc to worry about.

I'm contemplating a battery upgrade in 2yrs.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2022 22:57]
The next motoring scandal on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 362 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

Hybrids explained. Worth a watch for those tempted..... don't do it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024