Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Distinct lack of happy clappers today 12:28 - Feb 9 with 4265 viewsvetchonian

Funny isnt it Saturday night and Sunday morning they were all here telling those of us obsessed with negativity how we were wrong....despite many of us posting positive comments after that backs to the wall win giving credit where credit is due yet where were thay last night or even today?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 1549 viewsTreforys_Jack

What's to defend , it was shocking, however what's equally shocking is someone who says he's a fan continually enjoying us lose. You keep saying you're angry and hurting, yet your posts never reflect that.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1525 viewsmagicdaps10

It wasnt great last night, can't be defended.

One thing I will say, it's the same the other way... Consistency in posters is very poor at best.

Its life! People struggle to adapt or accept to things outside their own mind. 🧐

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 1524 viewsraynor94

Shocking performance last night nobody can argue with that.

But it doesn't change my view, I'm happy for him him to continue and be given next season and see how it pans out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:53 - Feb 9 with 1522 viewsvetchonian

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:39 - Feb 9 by Treforys_Jack

What's to defend , it was shocking, however what's equally shocking is someone who says he's a fan continually enjoying us lose. You keep saying you're angry and hurting, yet your posts never reflect that.

Really?
Have you read my posts today?

I have questioned Martins psot match comments....offered some comments on how he could have put it
Questioned what we do now

I admit sometimes I post some "banter" but I would not describe those as showing enjoyment at us losing....maybe I should back off form the sarcasm I know it s the lowest form of wit and other anecdotes I throw in

So I apologise if you othink I am revelling in our current situation but believe me its quite the opposite
I am certainly not enjoying us lose....
And this thread was started because of the rubbish that was thrown around in a couple of threads following Saturdays win.....

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:54 - Feb 9 with 1517 viewsshingle

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:39 - Feb 9 by Treforys_Jack

Could be frustation I find myself reacting the same way but I actually believe the team have the players to be doing a little better, the frustration is not thinking but knowing our manager is not up to it and listening to the deluded who actually believe this guy given more time and more windows is going to turn us into a successful outfit.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:00 - Feb 9 with 1510 viewsWhiterockin

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:50 - Feb 9 by raynor94

But it doesn't change my view, I'm happy for him him to continue and be given next season and see how it pans out

Tent to agree with that, but there needs to be some signs of progress.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:01 - Feb 9 with 1508 viewsvetchonian

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 12:50 - Feb 9 by magicdaps10

It wasnt great last night, can't be defended.

One thing I will say, it's the same the other way... Consistency in posters is very poor at best.

Its life! People struggle to adapt or accept to things outside their own mind. 🧐

Really?

Given the right evidence I am always open to change my mind....have had to do so throughout my life.as I am sure most of us have at some time or other

Funny isnt it Ive been pretty consistnet in my posting re MArtin since early doors....has some have pointed out to me....it does seem maybe I wasnt far from the mark....my opinion was based on facts...research into his past etc..not just what I was seeing at games..

My biggest worry is he doesnt see his own failings its everything else but him.....thats never good

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:06 - Feb 9 with 1485 viewsvetchonian

The issue is though we dont seem to be improving do we?

We are way past the point now where the lackof preseason excuse can be hurled around..he also has at least 70% new players which he has had an input to...
By now we should be seeing some progress but there isnt any....
The problem is we cant afford to change him.....I wish I shared your "optimisim" but his past tells us it doesnt get better than this.

Login to get fewer ads

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:10 - Feb 9 with 1478 viewsraynor94

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:06 - Feb 9 by vetchonian

The issue is though we dont seem to be improving do we?

We are way past the point now where the lackof preseason excuse can be hurled around..he also has at least 70% new players which he has had an input to...
By now we should be seeing some progress but there isnt any....
The problem is we cant afford to change him.....I wish I shared your "optimisim" but his past tells us it doesnt get better than this.

If it doesn't get better he should go, but as you say we can't afford to get rid of him.

Call me deluded but I still think we will improve in the longer term

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:25 - Feb 9 with 1441 viewsThornburyswan

It was a very disappointing performance & almost impossible to fully defend it, we were worse than Stoke in every department of the game.

That said I am not & will not , yet anyway, advocate for RM’s removal - in simple terms for me unless we acquire a very wealthy benefactor who is happy to chuck money at it our best chance to go back up was in the Cooper era when we received the parachute money (just as Fulham, Bournemouth etc do now) so for me there are two options :-

1. The pragmatic approach of selling/buying the best you can find & then moulding them into a team that plays to their strengths & hope you can firstly stay in the Championship & then take advantage of any parachute funded teams mess ups & sneak up e.g. Brentford - the bulk of the division will adopt this approach outside of the parachute money clubs.

2. Or you look at a specific style of play and build your squad/academy etc to play that way and hope that your style will overcome in time - more risky route clearly but will differentiate you as a team/club & might prove successful. Clearly with decent funding you can do this at pace but our sustainable financial model will dictate a more 1 step forward, 1 back route.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:27 - Feb 9 with 1446 viewsvetchonian

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:10 - Feb 9 by raynor94

If it doesn't get better he should go, but as you say we can't afford to get rid of him.

ok deluded

lets hope you go on to prove me wrong.....

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 1417 viewsWhiterockin

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:10 - Feb 9 by raynor94

An important point is who would come in if he was to leave. When RM took the job how much interest was there, all I know is we were turned down by a couple, he was the only one with the balls to take it on. For anyone who says we are a Championship club many would jump at the chance. Really, the mutterings in football cant be good with everything that has gone on the last 18 moths or so,
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:44 - Feb 9 with 1418 viewsguthrieintherain

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:27 - Feb 9 by vetchonian

ok deluded

lets hope you go on to prove me wrong.....

Some posters enjoy the told you so posts.
You do give that impression.

Onehourglow even put a happy face emoji up within seconds of us conceding laast night.

Then disappears when we play well what does that tell you.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:47 - Feb 9 with 1410 viewsWhiterockin

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:44 - Feb 9 by guthrieintherain

Onehourglow even put a happy face emoji up within seconds of us conceding laast night.

Onehourglow is a fantastic name and very apt.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:51 - Feb 9 with 1398 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:25 - Feb 9 by Thornburyswan

It was a very disappointing performance & almost impossible to fully defend it, we were worse than Stoke in every department of the game.

That said I am not & will not , yet anyway, advocate for RM’s removal - in simple terms for me unless we acquire a very wealthy benefactor who is happy to chuck money at it our best chance to go back up was in the Cooper era when we received the parachute money (just as Fulham, Bournemouth etc do now) so for me there are two options :-

1. The pragmatic approach of selling/buying the best you can find & then moulding them into a team that plays to their strengths & hope you can firstly stay in the Championship & then take advantage of any parachute funded teams mess ups & sneak up e.g. Brentford - the bulk of the division will adopt this approach outside of the parachute money clubs.

2. Or you look at a specific style of play and build your squad/academy etc to play that way and hope that your style will overcome in time - more risky route clearly but will differentiate you as a team/club & might prove successful. Clearly with decent funding you can do this at pace but our sustainable financial model will dictate a more 1 step forward, 1 back route.

The problem with the second approach is that after all that time we may only improve back to where we were before he came in.
I do not think it is possible to play the way he wants with the level of players available to us.
You will have to have players who are supremely confident on the ball to carry it off, especially as it is so easy to play against with the hard, high press forcing our players in to mistakes.
Then just sit back and let us pass it around among ourselves.

Every week in the leagues we see the two main contributors to scoring goals, skill combined with pace, which also requires confidence in the players.
We have even lost any ability we used to have at set pieces.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:00 - Feb 9 with 1374 viewsvetchonian

Not my mantra but feedback noted...
All I ever try to do is speak with data ...but will ensure I get the tone of future mails so it doesnt come across as " I told you so" as that is not what I am about

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:11 - Feb 9 with 1357 viewsguthrieintherain

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:00 - Feb 9 by vetchonian

Not my mantra but feedback noted...
All I ever try to do is speak with data ...but will ensure I get the tone of future mails so it doesnt come across as " I told you so" as that is not what I am about

Fair enough

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:36 - Feb 9 with 1311 viewslifelong

What is the point of this thread? is it to goad those of us who want us to do well ?

Believe it or not there are posters on here who take great pleasure in us performing badly so they can spout their negative crap.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:47 - Feb 9 with 1320 viewsDr_Parnassus

These reactions are a self fulfilling prophecy unfortunately.

When fans are attacked for raising concerns, called inferior supporters, trouble makers, drama queens, trolls etc etc every-time we get any kind of a result….

Then when the concerns are played out in front of everyone, it’s a natural reaction to show that all of the abuse these posters have taken is completely unjustified and unnecessary.

It doesn’t mean they are enjoying it as some are suggesting, it means they are showing that what they have said is not worthy of the abuse it receives. We see it after every rare win, the immediate hunt for anyone who has criticised us this season. This is the opposite reaction.

At the moment the happy clappers want to attack the realistic when they criticise and then want to attack them when their criticism is proved correct by suggesting they are enjoying it. It’s a cowardly attempt to avoid fronting up to the fact they have been attacking people for being absolutely correct.

So I see threads like this as a release of justification as opposed to enjoying it.

A bit like the movie “Don’t look up”. The scientists were ridiculed and called liars for months stating the asteroid was coming to hit earth. When it was in plain sight the scientists were telling everyone that this is what they were warning you about… I’m sure they weren’t happy they were hours from death, but when you have been attacked for your correct views, it’s a natural reaction when they are proven correct.

Doesn’t mean you are enjoying that reality.

Far from it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:55 - Feb 9 with 1313 viewsvetchonian

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:36 - Feb 9 by lifelong

What is the point of this thread? is it to goad those of us who want us to do well ?

Believe it or not there are posters on here who take great pleasure in us performing badly so they can spout their negative crap.

SO you think I dont want us to do well?

If I didnt I wouldnt have been raising my concerns regarding Martin but just sitting back

Again you accuse me of negativity....where have my posts been negative?

What they have done is question MArtins achievements style of management and play....I think you will see I was quite positive in my post following Saturdays win ...priaise like criticism when it is due.

Maybe I am deemed negative because I am not towing the party line and beleiving that time and transfer windows will bring the stars into alignment inder Russels guidance...Im sorry Im not convinced given his past record and what we are seeing now....

I admire those with this unfettered belief....I undersatnd we all love this club of ours and we all have different opinions just because they are not all the same doesnt always mean someine is negative

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 17:15 - Feb 9 with 1221 viewsThornburyswan

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 13:51 - Feb 9 by A_Fans_Dad

The problem with the second approach is that after all that time we may only improve back to where we were before he came in.
I do not think it is possible to play the way he wants with the level of players available to us.
You will have to have players who are supremely confident on the ball to carry it off, especially as it is so easy to play against with the hard, high press forcing our players in to mistakes.
Then just sit back and let us pass it around among ourselves.

Every week in the leagues we see the two main contributors to scoring goals, skill combined with pace, which also requires confidence in the players.
We have even lost any ability we used to have at set pieces.

I tend to agree with you but at least for now our American friends are still onside with RM’s plan - clearly that could change & continuation of performances like last night might just do that but he’s not close to the exit door right now.
Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 18:23 - Feb 9 with 1181 viewsonehunglow

Equate that with that which I have posted on this coach of ours and the on line shyte that comes our way.

Bin this ludicrous idea that Martin will lead us anywhere but into oblivion.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 18:25 - Feb 9 with 1176 viewsonehunglow

Onehunglow made an error.A MISTAKE.

On the other hand ,our performance was laughable.

Putting the filth that is me aside,you cannot be in any way enthused so do not make out you are.

One hung very low last night

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 14:36 - Feb 9 by lifelong

The point is to prove the hypocrisy of those fans who rip into others after we play so appallingly. Fans not happy get insulted by you and have been for years. I am right about Martin and you need to accept that

Am I happy to be proven right. Am I fark

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 18:37 - Feb 9 with 1132 viewslifelong

Distinct lack of happy clappers today on 18:28 - Feb 9 by onehunglow

The point is to prove the hypocrisy of those fans who rip into others after we play so appallingly. Fans not happy get insulted by you and have been for years. I am right about Martin and you need to accept that

Am I happy to be proven right. Am I fark

Up pops mr smiley so called fan, you are the one who has been insulting our fans for years. Let your mask slip a bit last night eh?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024