Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zinchenko 12:19 - Mar 5 with 1027 viewsCatullus

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/oleksandr-zinchenko-stopped-from-joining-fr

I have an opinion but what do others think, is he right or wrong to stay put?

My opinion, lots of other Ukrainians who have young families have sent their wives and kids away and stayed to fight. other nationalities are leaving their families to go and fight, there's a story on WOL about a Welsh former soldier who's flying out. Saying his family stopped him will be seen as cowardice by many people I have no doubt. I think he should go.

Maybe I'm just being harsh but it's easy to sit at home in a big house with a big bank account and give a heart rending interview but if he feels that strongly about it then maybe he should do something?

I'll qualify that by admitting I can't be sure what I'd do in his position. I'm a very different person now to when I was 25.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Zinchenko on 13:27 - Mar 5 with 954 viewsunion_jack

Hard one that.

If he’s not going to fight, he needs to let go of a lot of his money to buy things that will benefit the Ukrainian people whatever that would be, and to keep doing so until this wretched thing is over. That makes his decision to stay playing and earning money a justifiable one.

Just a thought.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Zinchenko on 14:36 - Mar 5 with 916 viewsSTID2017

Zinchenko on 13:27 - Mar 5 by union_jack

Hard one that.

If he’s not going to fight, he needs to let go of a lot of his money to buy things that will benefit the Ukrainian people whatever that would be, and to keep doing so until this wretched thing is over. That makes his decision to stay playing and earning money a justifiable one.

Just a thought.

Agree.
Anyone laying their body on the line for the Ukraine is incredibly brave.
However he can help in so many ways, including to help rebuild Ukraine when the Russians have been chased back out
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 14:38]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Zinchenko on 18:16 - Mar 5 with 834 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ve no idea what I would do. I hope that I will never have to make that decision.
Zinchenko on 18:20 - Mar 5 with 830 viewsSTID2017

Zinchenko on 18:16 - Mar 5 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve no idea what I would do. I hope that I will never have to make that decision.

Same here.

Zinchenko on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 793 viewscimlaswan

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Zinchenko on 18:59 - Mar 5 with 783 viewsExiledJack

Russia have the weaponry to level all of Ukraine at any given moment. It wouldn’t be much of a fight if he went there for that, he’d be going to likely die or be maimed.

The example of Dunkirk is one to consider, choosing wisely when to fight and when to retreat. The battleground where Russia will lose is the economic one. Before that happens more will die needlessly. Ukrainian lives are more important than Ukrainian fighters is my view.
Zinchenko on 19:11 - Mar 5 with 766 viewsSirjohnalot

In my completely non educated, lay man opinion, only way this will end is if special services and a few well remunerated Russians to take Putin out. I’d be astonished if allied special forces weren’t already there.
Zinchenko on 19:21 - Mar 5 with 757 viewsSTID2017

Zinchenko on 19:11 - Mar 5 by Sirjohnalot

In my completely non educated, lay man opinion, only way this will end is if special services and a few well remunerated Russians to take Putin out. I’d be astonished if allied special forces weren’t already there.

Russia seemed to be progressing towards a more Western style economy.
Putin is, it seems to me, dragging them back towards the dark, bad old days.
The likes of Abramovich have become extremely weaIthy men thanks to the economic changes and could well see some benefit in overthrowing Putin's regime

Login to get fewer ads

Zinchenko on 19:25 - Mar 5 with 749 viewsSirjohnalot

Zinchenko on 19:21 - Mar 5 by STID2017

Russia seemed to be progressing towards a more Western style economy.
Putin is, it seems to me, dragging them back towards the dark, bad old days.
The likes of Abramovich have become extremely weaIthy men thanks to the economic changes and could well see some benefit in overthrowing Putin's regime

There’s already been a few very rich Russian people living abroad that’s put a price on his head to Russian soldiers
Zinchenko on 20:09 - Mar 5 with 687 viewspencoedjack

Zinchenko on 19:11 - Mar 5 by Sirjohnalot

I hope you are right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024