Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17938 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 20:23 - Apr 25 with 738 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

I did not use those words.

I said wales is a nation and it is.

It is part of a political union called the united kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Nobody in Wales has ever voted to be part of this union.
It was imposed on Wales.

Fact.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 23:12]

Not fact
Many do not even see Wales as a nation.
Constitutionally ,it is part of England and it's why it is not represented on the Union Flag,OR flag,OUR country's flag.

You are 500 years backwards and Independence for Wales will never happen as will be the case with the island of Ireland .

Best get used to it

Wishing something to be so does not make it happen.

I'd wish we abolish our Monarchy but it won't happen as the majority do not want that.I accept that,even though I don't like it. You need to do same.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh tourism tax on 20:34 - Apr 25 with 732 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 20:08 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

If the UK govt pass the extra funds to our elected Welsh Government then - as it is a devolved area - then the welsh government can decide how best to spend it. All for it.

If people based in England and not elected by welsh people are going to tell us how to spend any additional funding then thats just a populist move to undermine the devolved administrations. The offer is only made for political capital because they know wales will say no.

Does Johnson and Mogg care about Transport in Wales … no.
Do they want to play games … yes.

Dont be duped.

Even with no Westminster involvement and with parliament completely out of the picture with that lot in Cardiff Bay being solely in charge? They still do not want to do anything about desperately needed infrastructure improvement anyway and damning HTV Wales This Week reporting proved that years before the billion Pound plus offer was even made.

And here Wales finds itself i.e. Westminster money or not the Cardiff mob have zero intention or future plans or ambition to do anything about it all. Kicked into the long grass despite decades of procrastination beforehand.

And? The silence from YesCymru types seems pretty damning unless of course you can post many links showing anger, ambition and dynamism from YesCymru nationalist types wanting that modern transport system Wales requires ASAP?

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 20:35 - Apr 25 with 728 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

I did not use those words.

I said wales is a nation and it is.

It is part of a political union called the united kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Nobody in Wales has ever voted to be part of this union.
It was imposed on Wales.

Fact.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2022 23:12]

Well we seem to be in this "polical" union by choice because most people in Wales are against going indy, even Mark Drakeford is against going indy.

Maybe when you can get more than half of Welsh voters to bother voting in the Senedd elections you can argue the Senedd has a mandate.

Maybe if we had a full blown referendum on whether to go indy, go devo max or to ditch devolution, we'll really know what Wales wants.

PS, like it or not, if you are proper Welsh that makes you British, going by how far in the past you live. The Welsh being the ancient Britons.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:05 - Apr 25 with 690 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:35 - Apr 25 by Lorax

Well we seem to be in this "polical" union by choice because most people in Wales are against going indy, even Mark Drakeford is against going indy.

Maybe when you can get more than half of Welsh voters to bother voting in the Senedd elections you can argue the Senedd has a mandate.

Maybe if we had a full blown referendum on whether to go indy, go devo max or to ditch devolution, we'll really know what Wales wants.

PS, like it or not, if you are proper Welsh that makes you British, going by how far in the past you live. The Welsh being the ancient Britons.

Shame there couldn't be a vote to either keep or get rid of the Senedd.

If there was, I think it would be gone.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh tourism tax on 21:10 - Apr 25 with 685 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 21:05 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

We'd have to be fair and put all options on the ballot. The Senedd will never willingly give us that vote though, they won't take the chance on their gravy train stopping.

They will take money from vital services though, to increase their number.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:11 - Apr 25 with 682 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 21:05 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

I don't think I know it would be gone.

The gravy train would be derailed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Welsh tourism tax on 21:16 - Apr 25 with 671 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:11 - Apr 25 by raynor94

I don't think I know it would be gone.

The gravy train would be derailed

Last senedd election just 3% voted Abolish.

Drakeford re-elected - perhaps you are wrong ?

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 21:19 - Apr 25 with 665 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:35 - Apr 25 by Lorax

We will be having a referendum in Cymru after Scotland leave this dead union and after Ireland are newly united.

Get on the Indy bus …. 🚌

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 21:27 - Apr 25 with 661 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 21:19 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

We will be having a referendum in Cymru after Scotland leave this dead union and after Ireland are newly united.

Get on the Indy bus …. 🚌

You will be the same as me, and never live to see Wales independent.

The wheels have come off the bus a long time ago

Welsh tourism tax on 21:55 - Apr 25 with 646 viewsunion_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:27 - Apr 25 by raynor94

The bus never got off the production line due to lack of demand.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Welsh tourism tax on 22:10 - Apr 25 with 625 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The people of Wales don't want independence. Only 14% want it.
The other 86% know they are better off as part of a prosperous United Kingdom.

The senedd could never replace the £12 billion annual UK subsidy. It would have to increase taxation by round £3000 per person a year.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 22:30 - Apr 25 with 606 viewsKilkennyjack

Well i hope you live to see it, it wont be too long mind.

Welsh tourism tax on 22:35 - Apr 25 with 600 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:55 - Apr 25 by union_jack

The bus never got off the production line due to lack of demand.

Refugees will be welcome in Wales.

Plenty of room on the bws Indy bus … 🚌 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Welsh tourism tax on 22:38 - Apr 25 with 595 viewsraynor94

Welsh tourism tax on 22:35 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Refugees will be welcome in Wales.

Plenty of room on the bws Indy bus … 🚌 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

How about your house

Welsh tourism tax on 10:00 - Apr 26 with 525 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 21:19 - Apr 25 by Kilkennyjack

Get on the Indy bus …. 🚌

Scots would have more hope of surviving as they even have a law system and currency of their own .Wales using that of England.

Welsh tourism tax on 10:02 - Apr 26 with 520 viewsonehunglow

Welsh tourism tax on 22:10 - Apr 25 by felixstowe_jack

The senedd could never replace the £12 billion annual UK subsidy. It would have to increase taxation by round £3000 per person a year.

It is mainly popular in Welsh speaking areas of old like Caernarfonshire and Cardiganshire.
Few independence signs in Townhill or Ely.
People there have bigger things to worry about,like living.

Welsh tourism tax on 12:45 - Apr 26 with 499 viewsTreforys_Jack

The indy cause isn't helped by bigots turning decent intelligent people away from the notion of a fully independent country. The appetite for an independent
Wales seems to have taken a huge hit over the course of the pandemic.
Welsh tourism tax on 13:03 - Apr 26 with 495 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 10:00 - Apr 26 by onehunglow

Scots would have more hope of surviving as they even have a law system and currency of their own .Wales using that of England.

Hate to correct you but the Scottish currency is the pound sterling. Three Scottish Banks issue notes but it is not illegal for shops to refuse to accept them as payment

Welsh tourism tax on 13:05 - Apr 26 with 495 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 12:45 - Apr 26 by Treforys_Jack

The indy cause isn't helped by bigots turning decent intelligent people away from the notion of a fully independent country. The appetite for an independent
Wales seems to have taken a huge hit over the course of the pandemic.

I have learnt a lot on here about em!

They are batsh1t crazy! From what I have read on here : They do not believe in vital time immemorial security stuff like border control/vetting..... Do not want borders despite wanting to be separated from England.

Do not want Welsh infrastructure improvement and are threatened by it.....Do not recognise or refuse to admit to Wales's heavy reliance on English NHS.....Think Wales will raise mega-wonga by means of selling Welsh water in the day and age of desalination plants and extra reservoir building capacity.

Cannot account where all the money is going to come from, not that they care anyhow because when they get offered money they get angry and refuse it.... Etc, etc, etc.

Mad as a box of frogs they are!

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 13:24 - Apr 26 with 490 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:05 - Apr 26 by Wingstandwood

They are batsh1t crazy! From what I have read on here : They do not believe in vital time immemorial security stuff like border control/vetting..... Do not want borders despite wanting to be separated from England.

Do not want Welsh infrastructure improvement and are threatened by it.....Do not recognise or refuse to admit to Wales's heavy reliance on English NHS.....Think Wales will raise mega-wonga by means of selling Welsh water in the day and age of desalination plants and extra reservoir building capacity.

Cannot account where all the money is going to come from, not that they care anyhow because when they get offered money they get angry and refuse it.... Etc, etc, etc.

The Welsh government already get paid for water they supply to England via abstraction licences.

An independent Wales could only charge a commercial rate for water if the were independent.

Of course Wales could cut off England's water but that would have little effect. The Welsh Dams would soon overflow into the rivers Dee, Severn and Wye which pass through England anyway. The water companies would just pump the water from the rivers for free.

Welsh tourism tax on 15:40 - Apr 26 with 461 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:05 - Apr 26 by Wingstandwood

Off to England shortly to buy my annual spirits, saved about £130 last year when I bought it in ASDA in Hereford, instead of my local ASDA, which is about !/4 mile from my house.

Another one of Drakeford's madcap ideas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh tourism tax on 15:47 - Apr 26 with 458 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 15:40 - Apr 26 by Flashberryjack

Off to England shortly to buy my annual spirits, saved about £130 last year when I bought it in ASDA in Hereford, instead of my local ASDA, which is about !/4 mile from my house.

The Cardiff Bay lot truly live on a different planet, but hey! In Wales they do things differently!

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 23:26 - Apr 26 with 412 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:47 - Apr 26 by Wingstandwood

The Cardiff Bay lot truly live on a different planet, but hey! In Wales they do things differently!

Yes Westminster is just so much superior ….

Except for record levels of covid deaths
Except for Brexit costing the uk economy twice as much as the pandemic
Except for a cost of living crises
Except for fuel price increases
Except for covid contracts for friends
Except for Englands track and trace expenditure, that failed
Except for illegal wars
Except for splitting up the union itself as Scotland and the north of England leave
Except for partying whilst the Queen mourned

Yes - lets laugh at Cardiff Bay instead …. 🤦‍♂️

Welsh tourism tax on 23:26 - Apr 26 with 410 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:40 - Apr 26 by Flashberryjack

Another Drakeford plan to export business and jobs to England.

Welsh tourism tax on 07:05 - Apr 27 with 385 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 22:10 - Apr 25 by felixstowe_jack

‘There is indeed ample polling evidence that somewhere between 25 and 30% of Welsh voters would now vote yes in any referendum, with the shift towards independence particularly pronounced among younger, remain-leaning voters’.

Your 14% is a decade out of date Felix, so a bit like you.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024