Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking in the stands 11:38 - Apr 25 with 1160 viewsbritferry

Do you want it back? I don't TYVM

Drinking in seats at football grounds could be reinstated as part of a fan-led review into the game

While still permitted in the concourses at football stadiums, drinking alcohol in seats has been banned since 1985 to stem hooliganism in the game; former sports minister Tracey Crouch, who is leading a supporter-led review into football, will recommend changes to that policy

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12416189/drinking-in-seats-at-foot

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Drinking in the stands on 11:47 - Apr 25 with 1135 viewsWhiterockin

It would be nice to have the option, but probably wouldn't do it myself.
Drinking in the stands on 11:51 - Apr 25 with 1121 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No need for it. Bad enough at the Rugby with people up and down on the way to the bar or toilets. You think people could manage 45 minutes without a drink.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drinking in the stands on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 1107 viewsbritferry

I watched a few Wales games down Wind St in 2016, each time we scored, the beer went everywhere... great fun in the middle of summer, I knew what I was in for. Wouldn't fancy it in the middle of winter, especially if there are kids in the stand

Drinking in the stands on 12:00 - Apr 25 with 1096 viewsbuilthjack

Drinking in the stands on 11:51 - Apr 25 by felixstowe_jack

No need for it. Bad enough at the Rugby with people up and down on the way to the bar or toilets. You think people could manage 45 minutes without a drink.

A guy by me turns up at his seat 10 minutes into the game, goes after 35 minutes, turns up again about 10/15 minutes into the 2nd half, but stays until the final whistle to clap the players. Half cut by then of course.
It's his day out I guess.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Drinking in the stands on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 1081 viewsonehunglow

Indeed it is
Quite why people cannot watch a game without a drink beats me.
It doesn't enhance the show for me anyway.
As regards Rugby ,it is clear the majority go for the drink.Why when it is both natspuss and overpriced.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drinking in the stands on 12:12 - Apr 25 with 1078 viewsbritferry

Drinking in the stands on 12:00 - Apr 25 by builthjack

A guy by me turns up at his seat 10 minutes into the game, goes after 35 minutes, turns up again about 10/15 minutes into the 2nd half, but stays until the final whistle to clap the players. Half cut by then of course.

A few blokes did the same when we were at Wembley playing Bradford, our only ever cup final and they thought having a few pints at the bar was more important

Drinking in the stands on 12:25 - Apr 25 with 1057 viewswhiterock

I'm happy that there is no beer in the stands, you now how it works, sit there with a full pint, after 10 minutes, shuffling past to have a pee, back with another beer, then half time coming back late, may work in rugby but happy that we don't have it at football.
Perhaps sections could have it but I don't enjoy the shuffle every few minutes
Drinking in the stands on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 1056 viewsBadlands

It’s bad enough getting tea, coffee and pop over you.
So no.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Drinking in the stands on 13:10 - Apr 25 with 1023 viewssP7qupUf

This.
Drinking in the stands on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 1018 viewsKeithHaynes

Misses a lot of goals 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Drinking in the stands on 13:12 - Apr 25 with 1016 viewsKeithHaynes

Drinking in the stands on 12:25 - Apr 25 by whiterock

I'm happy that there is no beer in the stands, you now how it works, sit there with a full pint, after 10 minutes, shuffling past to have a pee, back with another beer, then half time coming back late, may work in rugby but happy that we don't have it at football.
Perhaps sections could have it but I don't enjoy the shuffle every few minutes

Yes, the beer drinking section 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Drinking in the stands on 13:44 - Apr 25 with 981 viewsGixerJack

This really chunks me off!!! They’re all over the place though and it seems to be getting later getting in and earlier getting out at half time and later getting back again. There must have been 100+ just around me that missed both goals on Saturday.

Drinking in the stands?? No thanks!
Drinking in the stands on 15:18 - Apr 25 with 913 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't drink when I'm in my seat, but if others want to, it's ok with me.

Do they still have to draw the blinds in the boxes during the game if you're drinking alcohol?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 15:24]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drinking in the stands on 16:17 - Apr 25 with 864 viewsfbreath

Drinking in the stands on 13:11 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Misses a lot of goals 😂

Not in our case only misses a lot of passes

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Drinking in the stands on 16:33 - Apr 25 with 850 viewsKilkennyjack

Keep it as it is today.

Beware of the Risen People

Drinking in the stands on 16:36 - Apr 25 with 850 viewsChief

The whole premise of the ban is based on the fallacy that you can somehow throw a cup containing alcohol further and harder than you can a cup holding non alcoholic drinks. Because you can drink as much as you want before the game or during the game as long as it's on the concourse.

But yes it would increase people walking about during the game and also probably now lead to some fans stupidly throwing their drink in the air after goals etc.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Drinking in the stands on 17:13 - Apr 25 with 819 viewsSTID2017

Drinking in the stands on 15:18 - Apr 25 by Flashberryjack

I don't drink when I'm in my seat, but if others want to, it's ok with me.

Do they still have to draw the blinds in the boxes during the game if you're drinking alcohol?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 15:24]

Yes. Which is crazy.
Us ordinary fans know they are having a different experience anyway on match day.
As long as they aren't winding people up by showing that they are drinking, then why not let them see the game?
As for beer in the stands, for all the reasons above, no thanks.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024