Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer 12:09 - May 13 with 6512 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve just piled in a load of peas and marigolds. I’ll put some pictures on later. Anyone else ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 15:01 - May 15 with 1697 viewsmax936

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 13:04 - May 15 by AguycalledJack

Need some advice. Not a gardener by any stretch. We’ve just had a raised patio done, in front of that either side of the steps up we’ve got 2 concrete planters/ beds. What can we put in them to add a bit of colour and is not high maintenance?

Busy Lizzies
[Post edited 15 May 2022 15:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 16:12 - May 15 with 1665 viewsAguycalledJack

👍
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:02 - May 15 with 1628 viewsLorax

Our back garden has erupted with milk thistle. Blooming stupid stuff. Lots of weed killer and digging u now, its horrible stuff, spreads like a virus!
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:02 - May 15 with 1628 viewsDJack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 23:02 - May 14 by max936

Wicked you are DJ

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:28 - May 15 with 1607 viewsKeithHaynes

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:02 - May 15 by Lorax

Our back garden has erupted with milk thistle. Blooming stupid stuff. Lots of weed killer and digging u now, its horrible stuff, spreads like a virus!

Stop in and isolate, give it three months, give work a miss and wait for further instructions 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 12:21 - May 16 with 1564 viewsbennytheblue

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:28 - May 15 by KeithHaynes

Stop in and isolate, give it three months, give work a miss and wait for further instructions 👍

Just about killed off the knotweed which used to fill the garden. Just bought a bay tree which will eventually block any neighbours view into my garden….
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 15:54 - May 18 with 1443 viewsbuilthjack

Tomatoes going in yhe grow bags tonight. Grown from seed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:04 - May 18 with 1430 viewsFlashberryjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 15:54 - May 18 by builthjack

Tomatoes going in yhe grow bags tonight. Grown from seed.

Which variety of Tomato mate ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 18:53 - May 18 with 1416 viewscontroversial_jack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 12:21 - May 16 by bennytheblue

Just about killed off the knotweed which used to fill the garden. Just bought a bay tree which will eventually block any neighbours view into my garden….

If it's Japanese knotwood, how did you manage that?
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:06 - May 18 with 1385 viewsbuilthjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:04 - May 18 by Flashberryjack

Which variety of Tomato mate ?

Got some moneymaker, Shirley, incas, and some tumbling toms for baskets.
All easy to grow and produce good crops.
Incas are lovely and sweet.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:41 - May 18 with 1366 viewsFlashberryjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:06 - May 18 by builthjack

Got some moneymaker, Shirley, incas, and some tumbling toms for baskets.
All easy to grow and produce good crops.
Incas are lovely and sweet.

First time I've planted Tomatoes, so I'm a complete novice at it, but I tried growing them from seeds in the potting shed.

Surprised me how well they've done, there's far more than I need, so I've given loads away.

Cherry, Beef and Plum.

Hello

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:55 - May 18 with 1364 viewsbuilthjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:41 - May 18 by Flashberryjack

First time I've planted Tomatoes, so I'm a complete novice at it, but I tried growing them from seeds in the potting shed.

Surprised me how well they've done, there's far more than I need, so I've given loads away.

Cherry, Beef and Plum.

Feed them regularly and get plenty of sun on them. Once they ripen you will be eating them every day.

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:09 - May 18 with 1351 viewsFlashberryjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:55 - May 18 by builthjack

Feed them regularly and get plenty of sun on them. Once they ripen you will be eating them every day.

Moved them into the large pots last week, I read somewhere, not to feed them until you see the first truss start to form, when do you start feeding ?

Hello

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:15 - May 18 with 1347 viewsbuilthjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:09 - May 18 by Flashberryjack

Moved them into the large pots last week, I read somewhere, not to feed them until you see the first truss start to form, when do you start feeding ?

I give them a month after planting. That's what my old man did. Whatever he touched in the garden turned to gold. done forget to pinch them.

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 15:11 - May 19 with 1300 viewsFlashberryjack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 22:15 - May 18 by builthjack

I give them a month after planting. That's what my old man did. Whatever he touched in the garden turned to gold. done forget to pinch them.

I did pinch the 2 bottom leaves at the base before replanting, a month? but, If it's good enough for your old man, it's good enough for me.
Cheers.

Hello

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 08:55 - May 20 with 1224 viewsLorax

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:28 - May 15 by KeithHaynes

3 months....behave mun Keith, 3 years sounds more like it. I'm going in the bedroom, locking the door and not coming out for 3 years.

The garden will fix itself and maybe I'll lose some weight too! It's a win, win
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 20:25 - May 20 with 1176 viewsdizietsma

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 15:11 - May 19 by Flashberryjack

I did pinch the 2 bottom leaves at the base before replanting, a month? but, If it's good enough for your old man, it's good enough for me.
Cheers.

There is the main stem, and the side stems, but often the plant will try and grow a 3rd stem from the armpit of the other two. That's what you need to pinch out. Check 'em about twice a week.

Most climbing tomatoes will grow way more leaves than they need, this can take valuable minerals (esp calcium), away from the fruit and leave you with blossom end rot (black bottoms on the fruit). If this happens remove a third to a half of the leaves (the ones without fruit / flowers on), and you should be ok.
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 23:38 - May 20 with 1155 viewsJack123

I wouldn't mind trying growing some tomatoes, just looking at Amazon on what they offer for putting them inside, and for 50 quid plus, it looks like a frame that will be gone by the morning after a night of high winds.

libera nos a malo

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 07:25 - May 21 with 1114 viewsAguycalledJack

I was thinking about trying tomatoes. Can they be grown in a pot and outside no shed or greenhouse? I’ve got a path down the side of the house where they would get sun in the morning but would also be protected from the elements. As I said previously I’m no gardener.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 12:51]
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 09:23 - May 21 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

What a nice thread
Our rear garden is being transformed by our ever growing feisty Pupp.
Grass changing colour,plants eaten ,clay soil dug over impressively and the wild birds seem to have gone to Rhyl for their holidays.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 12:49 - May 21 with 1079 viewsAguycalledJack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 18:53 - May 18 by controversial_jack

He smiled at it 😂
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:08 - May 21 with 1059 viewsdizietsma

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 07:25 - May 21 by AguycalledJack

I was thinking about trying tomatoes. Can they be grown in a pot and outside no shed or greenhouse? I’ve got a path down the side of the house where they would get sun in the morning but would also be protected from the elements. As I said previously I’m no gardener.
[Post edited 21 May 2022 12:51]

Yeah you can grow patio tomatoes (aka bush or determinate) like tumbling toms, or lemon sherberts easily in a bucket or large pot outside, as long as they get 6 hours of sun.

Or just plant them directly into a growbag, 3 or 4 per bag. You might want to find some way of lifting the growbag a foot or so off the ground, so the tomatoes aren't lying on the ground.

B and Q have loads of plants at the moment. £1.25 each
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 18:50 - May 21 with 1036 viewsAguycalledJack

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 17:08 - May 21 by dizietsma

Yeah you can grow patio tomatoes (aka bush or determinate) like tumbling toms, or lemon sherberts easily in a bucket or large pot outside, as long as they get 6 hours of sun.

Or just plant them directly into a growbag, 3 or 4 per bag. You might want to find some way of lifting the growbag a foot or so off the ground, so the tomatoes aren't lying on the ground.

B and Q have loads of plants at the moment. £1.25 each

👍
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 21:30 - May 21 with 1021 viewsbennytheblue

What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 18:53 - May 18 by controversial_jack

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175278519424?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-12763

This stuff….kills everything mind so got to be careful with it. Spray it twice a year or if only have a few inject it into the stem. Might take a year or three but it will die off
What are you planting in your garden this spring / summer on 23:33 - May 23 with 868 viewsSTID2017

I have bought some flowers to plant.
Haven't got a clue where to start.
Never done it on my own.
My wife used to supervise.
I was the labourer.
If it is dry tomorrow I will give it a go .
Hopefully I won't kill them

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024